Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celeb Suggestions for Next Year

+7
hatlady28
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
fiftynotout
Sid
saxonsiren
B4p
11 posters

Go down

Celeb Suggestions for Next Year Empty Celeb Suggestions for Next Year

Post  B4p Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:31 am

We've had the weird and wonderful but any more obscurities awaiting the glitter ball call?

I heard Jamie Lee Grace from Steve Wrights Radio 2 show wouldn't mind a go.

What do we usually get?
Sports person
TV or Radio Presenter/Newsreader
Singer
Cook
Commedian/Impressionist
Politician
Model
Actor
Actionman
Un-Reality TV victims

I don't think we've had many:
musicians
Quiz Show Hosts
Writers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Celeb Suggestions for Next Year Empty ooh

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:39 am

Ooh we could have team Duo's against each other

Mel and Sue from Bake Off

Pointless Duo! Richard & Alexandra

Karen Brady and Nick

Ant and Dec

French and Saunders

We haven't had any scientists come on Brian Fox
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Celeb Suggestions for Next Year Empty Re: Celeb Suggestions for Next Year

Post  Sid Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Good idea sax! Although I'd take either Mel or Sue if we can't have both....they'd be a hoot.

Sure Ronnie O'Sullivan was rumoured to be taking part one year, and he never did. Would quite like him on Strictly.

Also: Emma Kennedy, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Caitlin Moran, Meera Syal, Frankie Boyle (not gonna happen!), David Morrisey, Lauren Laverne, Jameela Jamil.

GRACE JONES!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Sid wrote:Good idea sax! Although I'd take either Mel or Sue if we can't have both....they'd be a hoot.

Sure Ronnie O'Sullivan was rumoured to be taking part one year, and he never did. Would quite like him on Strictly.

Also: Emma Kennedy, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Caitlin Moran, Meera Syal, Frankie Boyle (not gonna happen!), David Morrisey, Lauren Laverne, Jameela Jamil.

GRACE JONES!

Oh my God, if David Morrissey ever does Strictly I shall be glued to my sofa. I have such a soppy crush on him I love you
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:07 pm

He's flippin' gorgeous, fifty!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Mmmmm David Morrisey! Thou I think Grace Jones be too scarey i recall her having a go at Russell Harty.I read Ronnie O'Sullivan but i conjured up Ronnie Corbett in my mind.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 pm

I may have made this up but I'm sure I read somewhere that Grace Jones is bankrupt, so she might be up for it...completely bonkers of course
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:07 pm

My type of dream celebrity line-up would be totally green dancers and celebrities I admire such as from sport:- Andy Murray, Ian Botham and Stephen Hendry. From acting:- Derek Thompson, John Simms, Philip Glennister, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Brian Murphy, Pauline Quirke, Victoria Wood, Barbra Windsor. From presenters:- Sue Barker, Dale Winton, Bradley Walsh.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:51 pm

sax, both the guys from Pointless are very tall. Richard is 6 foot 7 inches.......don't imagine that there is a 6 foot 3 inch pro female available.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:34 pm

hatlady28 wrote:sax, both the guys from Pointless are very tall.  Richard is 6 foot 7 inches.......don't imagine that there is a 6 foot 3 inch pro female available.
Give Richard to Nat I'm sure she could arrange a few knee slides to hide the height difference. It didn't stop Brendan getting Loulou did it or Kristina that tall Bond actor chap (sorry I can't remember his name - ?Patrick)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:44 pm

B4p wrote:
Give Richard to Nat I'm sure she could arrange a few knee slides to hide the height difference. It didn't stop Brendan getting Loulou did it or Kristina that tall Bond actor chap (sorry I can't remember his name - ?Patrick)

Natalie partnered Audley Harrison (6-5 1/2" and size 17's feet) through a few rounds of Strictly.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Ooh Id love Phillip Glennister's character "Gene Hunt" did Strictly! Fire up the dancefloor. Hl yes Richard very tall mmmm could be a new contest find a partner for Richard to dance with!?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Sid wrote:He's flippin' gorgeous, fifty!

I did a picture quiz in the summer for my friend's 50th and I included people born in the same year as her (eg David Morrissey).  Can you believe not a single person knew who he was?!  I am seriously considering reviewing my list of friends.....

Last edited by fiftynotout on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:06 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

I did a picture quiz in the summer for my friend's 50th and Iincluded people born in the same year as her (eg David Morrissey).  Can you believe not a single person knew who he was?!  I am seriously considering reviewing my list of friends.....

That's amazing Fifty. Er, ..... who is he? Embarassed
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 pm

lol - One of those actors who's name isn't always instantly recognisable but people usually recognise him when they see what he looks like: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=David+Morrissey+images&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9hiLVMHSH4P2UNKigYAB&ved=0CCIQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=657

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:18 pm

He was in the list for the new Doctor Who! Did play Dr Who lookalike in Victorian Christmas.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:41 pm

When David was mentioned, I was thinking Neil Morrisey from Men Behaving Badly.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Alan Rickman. But I don't suppose that he'd ever do it. And Adrian Lestor, who dances amazingly well in Kenneth Brannagh's version of Love's Labour's Lost, but I guess that (a) he probably wouldn't be interested and (b) may have had training.

On a slightly scary note I read somewhere that Peter Mandelson has said that he'd love to do Strictly. Can you imagine! affraid Although I suppose that he might give C raig a run for his money.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:13 pm

This is my wish list (rather a realistic list.. Most would never agree, or there is conflict of interests or..blah blah blah)

Miranda Hart
Rufus Hound (yes,yes, I KNOW he won a Christmas show, but he hasn't done a whole series has he? And you can never have too much Rufus where Strictly is concerned.  If not on Strictly, then permanent Friday Panelist on ITT. And fill-in for Zoe when she's filling in for Claude...)
Marian Keyes (Or Friday Panelist on ITT if all else fails)
Vernon Kaye (Another one for permanent ITT Friday panellist duties if he isn't allowed to do strictly because of the Missus's job.. Oh what the hell, why leave out Miranda on ITT? Stick her in as well as have four of them squished on the sofa and half the Friday show allocated to it rather than the boring "lets look at rehearsals" bit)
Margaret from the Apprentice (well, previously from the Apprentice...)
A Sportsperson I've heard of - (so it would have to be a runner really.  Keep your cricketers and Rugby players please (apart from Austen Healey - I'll have him..))
Benedict Cumberbatch
Paloma Faith
Radzi from Blue Peter
Me (with Kevin from Grimsby)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:09 am

Sadly, I doubt we can have celebrity twice. We had Austin Healy the year Tom Chambers won.....did a fab jive with Erin and a memorable paso. It is generally agreed that he was unlucky to go out. VERY light on his feet
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:26 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Sadly, I doubt we can have celebrity twice.  We had Austin Healy the year Tom Chambers won.....did a fab jive with Erin and a memorable paso.  It is generally agreed that he was unlucky to go out.  VERY light on his feet

No, no, you misunderstand me! I KNOW Austen was on with Erin the year he didn't win but cold calculating Camilla and annoying Chambers did with a last minute crowd-pleasing showdance.... (I think I'm digressing...!) It was a TRAVESTY he wasn't in the final.

No, I meant, I don't know any sports people except him and he rather pleased me, so I am keeping him. As a souvenir. Or a mascot. Or just something to drool over in a D arcy/C raig/B runo type way. Austen wasn't actually IN the list if you look - he was just a comment; an example of a sportsman WORTH having. Never got Darren Gough (loved Lilia to bits, but Darren, a winner? Really?) or Matt thingy who is now captain on Question of Sport and loses a few more hair follicles each episode - stroppy, temperamental madam... But Austen - oh, I got him alright. And you're not having him back... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Celeb Suggestions for Next Year Empty Re: Celeb suggestions for next year

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I'd love to see someone from F1 - but unfortunately the season overlaps considerably with SCD so they would not be able to do it -  however once Jenson Button retires  (not yet thankfully) I reckon he would be the type to go on SCD.................   Although I'm not really a sports fan  (except F1) I  quite like the sports people as they don't seem so 'needy' as some of the C list media types who frequent SCD and other similar series -  in most cases the sports people are genuinely out of their comfort zone but seem to buckle down to the training and challenge of SCD

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:07 pm

A mixture of Dr Whos' and Sherlock Holmes' actors would be interesting. Not that you'd ever get them all together, of course, but..... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Ooh a collectipn of Doctor Who's David' Tennant,Matt Smith,Christopher Eccleston,Tom Baker with K9 and a cyberman too!
Martin Freeman,Benedict Cumberhatch and then Love have Ricky Gervaise and Macauley with Warwick Davies.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down