Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 41 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:59 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I hadn't got back in time to watch the final start. I WAS going to wait and watch later but how I've been told without spoiler alert pale

At least Ore but I wanted to find out myself

Sorry saxon but show was going live tonight with results and all and presumed everyone was going to be watching. Sorry again. Crying or Very sad
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:04 pm

I should have turned off email notifications! I'm glad it was Ore he had the. J.our ney just hope Joanne's head diesn't get too big....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:07 pm

Joanne seemed to be limping and in a lot of pain after the jive, does anybody know why?

Out of the three of them I was gunning for Danny tonight but well done to Ore, can't grumble with the result.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 pm

I'd rather think there were no losers tonight than an outright winner. The winner is chosen by public vote on popularity, not the best dancer, but that would have been a very tough call tonight. Superb performances all round and dance won the day. There was no one who didn't deserve to win, and no one who deseved to more than the others. Superb final show and a sad farewell to a true dance legand in L en G. A very high standard of dance excellence, effort and skill and great pro choreography. Congratulations to Ore and Joanne. So sorry the series is ended and, despite my worries for the future of the show, I hope we're all back next season. I'll wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a great and prosperous New Year. Thanks for you company and see you all around... santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

Out of the three of them I was gunning for Danny tonight but well done to Ore, can't grumble with the result.

Me too fifty - but I had a fair idea after the mistake in the quickstep that he wouldn't make it. Ore had a huge musical advantage in the foxtrot and the showdance, not to say that both performances weren't excellent - they were. The jive was as good as we expected it to be too.

I thought the judges were a bit cruel choosing the cha cha for Louise. It's a long time since she danced it and as it was early on, the choreography wasn't as demanding. It showed. I absolutely loved her show dance. It was the best of the three for me. Imaginative and lyrical. Not as obviously crowd-pleasing as Ore's but I thought it was just terrific. Her Argentine Tango was as good again. I really loved it.

It was a shame about Danny's mistake in the quickstep because it was such a great number. I don't think they needed to change the beginning of it. They should have left it as it was. It would have helped the muscle memory and possibly prevented the mistake. I didn't like the show dance. It's the first time I haven't liked Oti's Choreography. I think she was just trying to be too clever. The samba was as good as ever though. B.runo's right. It's a dance that'll go down in Strictly history and be viewed on YouTube over and over in years to come. It's a shame he didn't win but I suppose he didn't deserve to on the night.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 41 Empty ReL A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 pm

Wow!!!!! What a Final - one of the very best ever.
Congratulations to Ore - a very worthy winner - bounce bounce bounce
but any one of them would have been worthy winners in the end as I can honestly say that I loved every dance, but for different reasons. I just think it all came together for Ore tonight at the right time. Overall I think this show was extremely well planned in that there were no duplicate dances and we saw a range of all styles of dance.

I am not ashamed to say that I have been crying my eyes out (must be catching - what with Ore and everyone tonight on the show!) because I absolutely loved the tribute to L en which seemed to sum up Strictly Come Dancing for me - I agree with CC - he is pretty much irreplaceable and I will miss him so very much - that routine was so classic and beautiful and the whole show tonight was so uplifting.

I cannot remember when I have enjoyed a Final as much - over the last few years I have either been disappointed in the showdances or disappointed in the winner but not tonight.

My thoughts on the dances:
Round one
Ore - Surprised that the judges chose this one for them - I thought they might have chosen something that they had found more challenging but so glad that they did choose it - even better second time round and set the tone for the night. An SCD classic.

Louise - an enjoyable routine but a bit shaky in parts and didn't think it was much different to the first time round - the leotard was a bit exposing - I think she did a better cha cha in the cha cha thon.

Danny - overall a great routine to great music - but shame it was ragged - 'fraid I've felt this way about a lot of their ballroom n umbers.

Showdances
Ore - Words can't express how much I enjoyed this - a wonderful wonderful showdance and celebration of ballroom dance - so many step combinations - I want to watch it back again - the iconic music helped.

Louise - A totally different routine but very enjoyable nonetheless - it celebrated Louise's strengths.

Danny - Loved this one too - much more dance content than I thought they would do - very much their sort of routine - powerful great stuff.

Round Two
Ore - Totally smashed it with this - more sharper than the first time round. Great jive choreography, music and costumes.

Louise - My favourite Argentine Tango of the series and it was brilliant tonight. None of the other Argentine Tangos this year have really got it right IMO - I did enjoy Ore's last week and Claudia did the brilliant aerial stuff but the music for all the others was wrong and this one had the proper moody Tango music which I think is essential for a good AT. Great to see an AT in the final

Danny - Enjoyed it as much second time round and agreed with the judges that it was even better second time round. SCD classic stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the couples back tonight and enjoyed the dance that they did. I think this year's cast are going to be a hard act to follow.

One thing about the dances tonight - they all had appropriate music tracks - no-one gets the perfect score from cr** music - and we've seen plenty of that this series - the music' maketh the dance' in my book.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 pm

A great final and worthy winners. dance of the night for me was Danny's Showdance which was the only one with a real wow factor for me. However I think Ore was most consistent over the three dances.
I would also like to add that  I liked the format of the final this year, all three doing three dances and all over in one show without a break ( but it the price of that was quite a lot of 'fillers').
I'm sure the show will go on without the great L.en because as we have all said, despite our annual gripes about the show there is still some magic there. Hopefully the researchers will look at little forums like ours to gauge public opinion as well as the "dark side"
Thank you all for your company again this year, Mr T  I hope your wife is on the road to recovery now. A very happy and healthy Christmas to you all and all the best for 2017  santa
Over and out x
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:50 am

I'm exhausted after watching the final. It's been a few years since I managed to watch a series right to the end.

Louise -
Cha-Cha - as someone else has already said, the choreography wasn't as complex earlier in the season. I enjoyed it, but it didn't have any wow factor for me.
A Tango - I enjoyed this. An old fashioned, well executed AT, with decent music. Very classy.
Showdance - Not my scene. A bit too balletic and etheral for my taste.
I can't remember Kevin getting so emotional over his celeb partner before. Maybe Ore's eye condition is infectious or maybe he's thinking it's his turn to get the no-hoper next year.

Ore -
A Smooth - Just as enjoyable the second time around. A class performance
Jive - better than the first time. More controlled. So relaxed. Such precision. A fabulous dance.
Show dance - Outstanding. For me, what a show dance should be. An amalgamation of steps and styles learnt during the series. The homage to  Hollywood was a clever move and right up Ore's 'Sunset Boulevard'. The choreography was spot on. Dance of the night. When I watched this, I thought, 'I think he's just won'.

Danny-
Quickstep - I always hold my breath when the celebs Quickstep. One false move and the games up. Fortunately the error came at the end, but unfortunately it was a major one. Shame it happened in the final. Both looked gutted, especially Oti.
Samba - I still thought it was innovative and exciting to watch. A great dance, that's now burned into my memory bank
Show dance - Not for me. I lost interest in the routine, which started to look competitive and aggressive yet again. Jumping through that frame got so repetitive, my mind drifted off.  I started to imagine Danny as Harry Worth standing at the corner of the large shop window, where he used to lift one arm and leg up and the reflection made it look like he was lifting off the floor.

Ore's night. A well deserved win. I'm happy for him (and Jo). He's not had a smooth ride, and has come the furthest of the three finalists. He seemed to start well, then stalled for a few weeks, before managing to get back in there and challenging Danny's lead. He did well to come back after the dance offs, and although some weeks I thought he was judged more for his potential, rather than his dancing, tonight it all came together for him.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:12 am

Hey folks!

Having become a little gloomy during the later stages of the series, you find me in very high spirits tonight. What I loved most about the final was the unexpectedness of it. I'd convinced myself it was a formality and Danny would win regardless (which I'd have been okay with since he's very good and I adore Oti). But when Ore nailed dance after dance and his rivals either faltered (Danny) or didn't quite shine enough (Louise) it became more and more important to me that he won - to make the final mean something. So when Tess announced his name it was a truly wonderful sense of euphoria and justice.

BTW - I really disliked Danny and Oti's Showdance. It was messy and there was an attempt to disguise the messiness with flash but it was very evident to me. Jo's more traditional routine had far greater appeal on this occasion. Louise and Kevin's comtempowaft thing was okay but not vote-winning.

So that's it for another year. Thanks for your company again guys, it's so nice to be able to return each year and dissect the show with fellow Strictly nerds Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:09 am

So another series comes to an end. An extra sad occasion this year as it was time to say a poignant farewell to veteran judge L.en Goodman. It was the highest quality line-up I can recall with many celebs who, in previous years, may have been finalists exiting before the semis.

I do worry what the next series will bring what with no L.en and the prospect of the least qualified judge (Darcey) as head judge. Worrying thought.

Well a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to everyone here and see you all again in 2017.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 41 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:06 am

I'm going to be out all day today doing Christmassy things - I will pop back on tonight - hope to see some more discussion, Highs and Lows and favourite dances of the series.

I enjoyed last night so much it will be hard to top it (in this respect I'm glad they have such a long break between series!). It just shows that SCD still has the magic and the power to surprise me and wow me. I've decided I much prefer the 3 couple line up in the Final instead of 4 and I was really glad that we got to see all the dances.

Like many of you I do have some concerns about what will happen in the future and I sincerely hope we don't stray into the same territory of some of the shows in the other countries ( ie show dances every week and '10's every week) I will really miss L en - when B rucie went it felt like the right time but it doesn't feel that way with L en - I hope he is going for the right reasons and not because he doesn't like the direction that the show is going in.

However -I am really looking forward to the Xmas special - another chance to see L en and some of the former contestants. Hopefully talk to a few people after the Xmas Special as well. Let's all hope collectively that it will still be the SCD that we know and love back on our screens next year! And I hope all of you will be back on here again.

To those who depart during the course of the day - I will you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year santa santa santa rendeer king

x

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:56 am

Part of me thinks the reason for L.en's leaving is he has seen what has happened to B.r uce health-wise so doesn't want to push his luck. All the best L.en.

On his replacement apparently An.ton is odds on favourite with the bookmakers whilst L.en has recommended one of the experienced judges (Hilary something) on the Australian version of the show to replace him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:18 am

I've seen the final now... Prefered Ore's showdance almost back to the old scd days.
L.en he will be replaced I'd already said my goodbye two series ago... Heard a rumour Kevin s dad might be a judge on the panel affraid no more Clifton please.

This series my highs Ed and Katya loved loved their partnership and their attitude despite bottom each week they never begged for votes...
I loved Robert and Orksanna's j.our ney and partnership as well. Greg loved his blossom too and wished he hah had one more week.
The travesty of the first dance off SHOULD not be repeated if you cannot dance in the do you leave.

I'm hoping next year to see A.non as presenter with C.laudia in the pit and bye to Tess... E.rin or Matthew Cutler please asLen's replacement. A 0.5 appear to stop the ties....

For me the final was 50/50 enjoyment. For me as an avid viewer and fan until this year needs to woo and recapture my enthusiasm. ... I can only be honest
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

For me the final was 50/50 enjoyment. For me as an avid viewer and fan until this year needs to woo and recapture my enthusiasm. ... I can only be honest

Me too. In truth I've been irked by quite a few things this series, and feel a bit flat about Strictly now.  The music choices this year were often dreadful, plus far too much theming, props, scripted VTs etc.  Highlight of the series for me was definitely been Ed Balls, and I would've loved for him to make the final.  Once the politician, the judge, and the gymnast had left my enthusiasm just fizzled out.

Highlight of the final for me was the beautiful ballroom tribute to L.en which was just magical - when they all turned to face and applaud him at the end I did have a few tears.

As ever I've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments this year, and wish you all a very happy and peaceful Christmas  santa
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:02 pm

jingle wrote:Highlight of the series for me was definitely been Ed Balls, and I would've loved for him to make the final.  Once the politician, the judge, and the gymnast had left my enthusiasm just fizzled out.

On the same page as you jingle - it was quite dispiriting watching my favourites (the ones you mention there) being voted out one after the other. But the final did rescue the series to a degree because it wasn't the formulaic ending I'd been resigned to and Ore & Jo really did bring it.

I want to add that I'd like to see a return to the 3-couple final permanently, with no elimination and no Judge's Pick (but 2 dances the couples themselves want to reprise).

Series highlights:

- Ed & Katya's Salsa (Ed & Katya's everything really!)

- Ore & Jo's Showdance (perhaps the best we've seen - certainly the most enjoyable for me)

- Claudia & AJ's Quickstep (I think she'd have made a more exciting finalist than Louise tbh)

- Danny & Oti's Samba (altho I would like to see a little more subtly / light & shade, in Oti's choreo next year should she be back).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:07 pm

jingle wrote:

Highlight of the final for me was the beautiful ballroom tribute to L.en which was just magical - when they all turned to face and applaud him at the end I did have a few tears.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it was so magnificent a moment that I'm happy to second your comments again. Pure ballroom, pure excellence and pure respect. Brilliant moment. One of the season's best, yet most poignant highlights.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:59 pm

jingle wrote:

Highlight of the final for me was the beautiful ballroom tribute to L.en which was just magical

Totally agree - I am not ashamed to say that I cried buckets........

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Sid wrote:

I want to add that I'd like to see a return to the 3-couple final permanently

- Danny & Oti's Samba I would like to see a little more subtly / light & shade, in Oti's choreo next year should she be back).

Yes to the 3 couple final S id - (it was always 3 in the beginning.....not sure when it crept up to 4?)

Yes to Oti's choreography - spot on.

Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:53 am

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - FOR ANYONE STILL CHECKING IN WITH THE FORUM

Really enjoyed it - thought Pamela Stephenson and Denise Lewis were amazing. Great idea to see former celebs in action again - it meant more. Gethin seemed a bit rusty but loved the Charleston section and the routine itself with Chloe also thought that the judges gilded the lily a bit with Frankie (who I thought didn't seem that comfortable throughout) although all the dances were all well choreographed and the whole show was perfect for that post Xmas dinner slump in the chair!!!! (and a singalong!)

As for Melvin winning - well it's Xmas so time for charity - but I just couldn't help liking his cheeky elf persona and you had to laugh - a great routine.

Hope you are all enjoying the Christmas holidays! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my forum friends.................see you soon............keep dancing........... Very Happy santa santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Very Happy I'm still here Muave and, as ever, just regard the Christmas show as light-hearted entertainment. I'm sure Melvin enjoyed winning and he put the daft racist moaners firmly in place with his comments. Good for him.....I doubt anyone worried too much about anything except putting on a decent show, which they all did. Shame the series is over, but I just hope Strictly carries on enjoying success, and us enjoying Stricly.....Keep dancing folks... santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:47 am

santa Christmas Show santa
Just caught up with the show. Great energy.
I also thought Frankie looked uncomfortable throughout which was a shame, I was looking forward to seeing her strut her stuff with Gorka.
I liked the surprise house in the Clauditorium, especially when Aled Jones appeared. He's a good sport.
The costumes looked fabulous. I liked Janette's make-up.
When I heard Melvin was back for the Christmas special, I thought he'd end up doing a freestyle type dance like a Charleston and probably winning. He looked so chuffed, bless him.
Steady cam man was rolling around on yet another Viennese Waltz. Can't they lock him in the loo or something? It's basic anatomy - the head stays still, the eyes move. Likewise, the camera doesn't need to pan, if the eyes are already panning (especially if you've had too much pop!).
I thought the party ending was just the ticket. It'll be strange without L en next year.
I hope Br ucie's health is steady. It's not like him to miss the Christmas special

Well I'll keep popping in and out, but I wish you all a healthy, happy, and peaceful new year. Thank you for your company, and many thanks to all the website organisers, who continue to provide an outlet for Strictly spouters, and put up with our many constructive suggestions (ahem!)

king Keep dancing - need a kip first Sleep
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:31 am

Hugs everyone. Christmas went well and still enjoying frosty mornings and crisp afternoon walks. I'm concerned we haven't seen or heard anything from B.ruche. Too many celebs passed away this festive time and he is one if the old school entertainers.
I'll be popping in and our too.Mom has her 3rd year fourth row tickets to see Pasha in April. I would have got Alijaz but area as too big for my parents to enjoy...

Not sure who I'd have chosen between the two on Christmas special maybe both?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Thought I'd do a temporary resurection of the honesty thread to see where it went. Just a few general observations:

The pros: Excellent input all round from them, and is there a finer sight than the whole group in ties, tails and evening dresses as per the sequence tribute to Si r B ruce? Glad to see Alijaz, Pasha, An ton, Brendan, Kevin (and his son A.J?) and Giovani still in there. I'll have to do some homework on some of the females it seems as Janet, Karen and Oti apart, I don't know anything about most of them.

Not too much to be gleaned from Show One except that I can confirm definitely that T ess has two legs. Last year she sufficed with a split frock to show one alternately, but this time, two were on show at the same time. The same slightly irritating female Laurel and Hardy show is also back, with C laudia being lauded with some sort of simpleton whilst T ess shakes her head pityingly with a huge fake smile and more ooze that unupturned tin of Lyel's Golden Syrup. . I was hoping that would disapear along with T ess doing a hand massage all over the male contestants , but, I can't have everything. They didn't bother introducing Dave Arch and the band/singers seemingly seeing that as unimportant. Ah, well, what can you expect for a cheap T.V licence? Gushing speeches and pasted on smiles were in full bloom and the judges joined in that. Am I just being an old cynic about it all? I surely hope so.

Contestants? Liked the ordarinary approach of Jemma Atkinson, the humour of the Calman Lady and Charlotte Hawkins of the glamour department. Far too soon to say much more, then again, I may have said too much already...no offence meant...

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Thought I'd do a temporary resurection of the honesty thread to see where it went. Just a few general observations:

The pros: Excellent input all round from them, and is there a finer sight than the whole group in ties, tails and evening dresses as per the sequence tribute to Si r B ruce? Glad to see Alijaz, Pasha, An ton, Brendan, Kevin (and his son A.J?) and Giovani still in there. I'll have to do some homework on some of the females it seems as Janet, Karen and Oti apart, I don't know anything about most of them.

Not too much to be gleaned from Show One except that I can confirm definitely that T ess has two legs. Last year she sufficed with a split frock to show one alternately, but this time, two were on show at the same time. The same slightly irritating female Laurel and Hardy show is also back, with C laudia being lauded with some sort of simpleton whilst T ess shakes her head pityingly with a huge fake smile and more ooze that unupturned tin of Lyel's Golden Syrup. . I was hoping that would disapear along with T ess doing a hand massage all over the male contestants , but, I can't have everything. They didn't bother introducing Dave Arch and the band/singers seemingly seeing that as unimportant. Ah, well, what can you expect for a cheap T.V licence? Gushing speeches and pasted on smiles were in full bloom and the judges joined in that. Am I just being an old cynic about it all? I surely hope so.

Contestants? Liked the ordarinary approach of Jemma Atkinson, the humour of the Calman Lady and Charlotte Hawkins of the glamour department. Far too soon to say much more, then again, I may have said too much already...no offence meant...

lol!

Just to point out, in fairness, Tess did mention the band - she introduced them as the 'magical Dave Arch Orchestra'.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Just to point out, in fairness, Tess did mention the band - she introduced them as the 'magical Dave Arch Orchestra'.

Fair enough C.C, I was out of the room for a couple of minutes and must have missed that. Apologies Te ss.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next