Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 22 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Omg snog marry or sooon Shocked Shocked pale .

Interesting fact as every year from the opening sequence I see which couple appear on an even or odd He is. And we obey him.. The odds always seem to go faster out the competition. So far Melvin and Tameka are odd He is. And we obey him. in the opening credits! We are due an even!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Reeling from the news Will Young's quit the show. He's issued a statement saying it's for 'personal reasons' but doesn't elaborate. I know he's suffered from depression, hope it's not that resurfacing. Very disappointing, I've always liked Will and thought he was destined to go all the way to the final.

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Oh yes, I'm right back in my student house Sid, we loved Mel and Sue waaaay before TGBBO! And OMG watercolour challenge, I'd completely forgotten that! Smile

Those were the days alls!

saxonsiren wrote:

Interesting fact as every year from the opening sequence I see which couple appear on an even or odd He is. And we obey him.. The odds always seem to go faster out the competition.  So far Melvin and Tameka are odd He is. And we obey him. in the opening credits! We are due an even!

I love this factoid sax, the rest of us Strictly obsessives need to up our game Wink

Last edited by Sid on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Will quit the show? Oh wow just seen I'm really suprise. ... also seen cmoments asKing for Tamega to be brough back!! Now WI'll has gone its eother going to be a suprise no 9ne 8s leaving or it leaves us a couple short?

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:25 pm

What a shocker. Just when I liked his last trousers! Hope he's ok
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 pm

Wow. Sad news that. Will would have went deep. Any reasons given for him quitting? And what happens this weekend? I'd say bring Tameka back in.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:46 pm

The BBC report ends with this:-

The programme will proceed as normal with a results show on Sunday when the third celebrity will be eliminated.

How can that be the case though as it will mean the series will be a celeb light and so would end a week early.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:52 pm

saxonsiren wrote: I cannot cope with oose women all that shrieking and gnashing  of shrill voices from the audience yuk no no.
I know what you mean sax. I watch it sometimes and find myself agreeing more and more with Janet Street Porter, but I can't watch her without thinking of the Pamela Stephenson take-off when she was interviewing Billy Connolly
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:The BBC report ends with this:-

The programme will proceed as normal with a results show on Sunday when the third celebrity will be eliminated.

How can that be the case though as it will mean the series will be a celeb light and so would end a week early.

Won't we just have a 3-couple final like the old days CC?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:47 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Omg snog marry or sooon Shocked Shocked pale .

Interesting fact as every year from the opening sequence I see which couple appear on an even or odd He is. And we obey him.. The odds always seem to go faster out the competition.  So far Melvin and Tameka are odd He is. And we obey him. in the opening credits! We are due an even!

I'm curious - what did you actually type Sax? I try to write A.nton as I know if I tyoe it correctly it becomes Housewives Choice and L.en become Leonard the Love God etc etc. So what should this actually be? - I couldn't work it out....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:51 pm

Sid wrote:Reeling from the news Will Young's quit the show. He's issued a statement saying it's for 'personal reasons' but doesn't elaborate. I know he's suffered from depression, hope it's not that resurfacing. Very disappointing, I've always liked Will and thought he was destined to go all the way to the final.

[

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Gutted. He was a real contender. Not there yet but huge potential, a nice guy and a great addition to the line-up. I hope the spat with L,en didn't grow in his mind to something it wasn;t and got him all down and paranoid - which if he suffers from depression is entirely possible. He did say that he does find it hard to be judged and take criticism - perhaps he thought that the dancing itself would make that worth while, but actually he just can;t do it. I do understand if that is the case.

But SUCH a shame. I will really miss him.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Oh no! Have only just seen this!! Such a shame, I really liked him. Gutted if it is anything to do with his contretemps with L.en
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Echoing what I've been wondering diamonds, whether something relatively trivial (like a spat with L.en) might have preyed on his mind more than it should have. Or it could be something else completely. I wonder if he'll be on ITT and whether he'll say more if he is.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 22 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Just looked in the forum before going to bed and saw the news about Will Young - didn't know before now. It must have been after ITT went out tonight? Surprised and disappointed I've always liked him and I felt he brought something different to the show and was great for the mix this year - I confidently expected him to give some of the early top of the leader boarders a run for their money and I've enjoyed his performances so far. What a shame???? Sad Sad Sad It just shows that SCD is not for everyone. I can't help thinking that there will be pressure on him now to reveal the reasons for pulling out which won't be nice. Feel sorry for Karen as I haven't liked a lot of her past partners to be honest and felt she had a really good chance with Will.

Can't see why this would precipitate bringing Tameka back? We will have a 3 couple final as S id says - which is how it used to be and how it rolls when someone pulls out.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:54 pm

Don't think it would be fair or proper to bring Tameka back because of Will Young's leaving. She went out following procedure and votes, and the rules are clear enough for all (well, as mud anyway). Sorry Will left as he was far from the worst out there, but we don't know the facts so no use specualting as to why, although a BUBBLE BATH CLUB insider claims there was no spat and he and L en G. were quite good friends. Some idiotic claims of racism are also surfacing because the first two out were black people. I can see the show suffering if this carries on. Many a good dancer has had an early bath due to the fickle public, nobody asked what colour they were. Always somebody ready to be offended about something. My own view is.......no, maybe not.....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:06 am

This is the first time I am hearing Will's quitting Strictly! I watched the ITT and NOT a word was mentioned regarding this!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:28 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:
I'm curious - what did you actually type Sax?  I try to write A.nton as I know if I tyoe it correctly it becomes Housewives Choice and L.en become Leonard the Love God etc etc. So what should this actually be? - I couldn't work it out....

it's the magic word N-U-M-B-E-R-S diamonds
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:44 am

Sid wrote:Echoing what I've been wondering diamonds, whether something relatively trivial (like a spat with L.en) might have preyed on his mind more than it should have. Or it could be something else completely. I wonder if he'll be on ITT and whether he'll say more if he is.
I've just looked again at the music Will had for this week. Not the cheeriest to say the least. Let's hope the papers leave him alone and give him space (not in the gossip columns)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:26 am

I hope Will gets peace and space. It was recently National Mental Health Awareness day and a family member reacted badly to anniversary of their attempted suicide. Their fragile positive state can be shattered by a off the cuff cutting comment. It's hard to explain the crippling effect of black dog/fogcloak the crushing weight of loneliness and despair. Everyday highs are now lows..... Will could have been to vulnerable for SCD spotlight. I wish him the best.

Number or He is. And we obey him. N.u.m.b.e,r,s diamonds
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 am

Very sorry to hear that Will has left the show. I, too, hope that it's not depression that has caught up with him.

mauveangel09 wrote:Feel sorry for Karen as I haven't liked a lot of her past partners to be honest and felt she had a really good chance with Will.
I agree. I was pleased that she got someone good for a change and hoped that she'd go a lot further this year. I think it was about time she stood a chance. I do hope they give her someone who can dance next year as Will has gone so early in this year's competition.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:55 am

Yup, I feel really sad for Karen, this could be her last year on Strictly!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:57 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I hope Will gets peace and space. It was recently National Mental Health Awareness day and a family member reacted badly to anniversary of their attempted suicide. Their fragile positive state can be shattered by a off the cuff cutting comment. It's hard to explain the crippling effect of black dog/fogcloak the crushing weight of loneliness and despair. Everyday highs are now lows..... Will could have been to vulnerable for SCD spotlight. I wish him the best.

Number or He is. And we obey him. N.u.m.b.e,r,s diamonds

Thank you Sax - and B4p - for the clarification! Seems so obvious now you've both spelt it out!

And yes Sax, poor Will - I think it is human nature to speculate, but I think, as you suggest, Will may be very fragile and vulnerable at the moment and just needs the peace and space to deal with whatever it is that has made him drop out. I too wish him all the best.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 pm

A nation al rag that isn't The Moon is blazoning the L EN/ W ILL spat across its front bumpers....then again, The national rag that isn't The Moon would. If wrong, as they often/mainly are, the appology will be two lines below the football results on page 47.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Sid wrote:

Won't we just have a 3-couple final like the old days CC?

Duh. Yes of course. What was I thinking? Laughing

This series is only in it's infancy and it has already had plenty of talking points what with racism claims, injury calling of a dance-off, controversial early exit and now a celebrity pulling out. What next? Neutral
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Ooh Ann Widdecombe as head judge
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:This series is only in it's infancy and it has already had plenty of talking points what with racism claims, injury calling of a dance-off, controversial early exit and now a celebrity pulling out. What next? Neutral
I think that's the point CC. Any publicity keeps the show up on the gossip agenda
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next