Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 11 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Yes I was one of those who didn't vote for Georgia because I didn't think she needed it Although she is one of my favourites - I was too busy keeping a nton and Katie in!! This was the shock of all dance offs to me and although I didn't have a clue who would go I didn't place Georgia there - I think all the females voting for gruesome g leb (sorry) largely caused this. Although not a Helen fan I felt sorry and the music which had stitched them up was a lot to blame - Kelly really lucked out with what she got in my opinion. someone posted that people might have voted on which musicals they like? Who knows with gbp? But that's the way it goes on this show

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I was one of those who didn't vote for Georgia because I didn't think she needed it Although she is one of my favourites - I was too busy keeping a nton and Katie in!! This was the shock of all dance offs to me and although I didn't have a clue who would go I didn't place Georgia there - I think all the females voting for gruesome g leb (sorry) largely caused this. Although not a Helen fan I felt sorry and the music which had stitched them up was a lot to blame - Kelly really lucked out with what she got in my opinion.  someone posted that people might have voted on which musicals they like? Who knows with gbp? But that's the way it goes on this show

I think people are being a little unfair on Kellie - she really sold that dance and had the place bouncing and I thought she danced it well. Anita was the one (for me) that lucked out.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:22 pm

Yes I would definitely agree with you there cc - I think I meant that oom pah pah was a real feel good crowd pleaser- they did dance it really well but to me it seemed much more of a workable theme than say what Helen got and any actress worth their salt should be able to do the tavern scene from oliver - it was made for K and K in my opinon

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hey, D&P, lousy luck with the flooding and I hope it doesn't turn out any worse. Good to see you're bearing up and saw the show. (A list of musicals, by the way, should always include  [i]Brigadoon, South Pacific and West Side Story,[/i] just thought I'd mention that.. Smile )
Good to see some conflicting views, that's what it's all about, but my wife spotted the judges having a chin wag during the dancing, (probably getting the dance-off sorted out). I've got a feeling that Helen might not be oversafe and that would be a shame, but she and Anita suffered from the music choices a little tonight and it's still up in the air. Somebody has to go, however, and the three main contenders seem safe enough overall. I'm seeing that OOM-PAH-PAH upsetting the barrow a bit, but I still see Kellie in the d-o with Possibly Anita. No bad reflection on anybody as they've all done well to get this far.

Absolutely, Tango, absolutely! Also Carousel, Seven Brides, Oklahoma, Bandwagon, Royal Wedding, Calamity Jane, to name but a few more...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:26 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I would definitely agree with you there cc - I think I meant that oom pah pah was a real feel good crowd pleaser- they did dance it really well but to me it seemed much more of a workable theme than say what Helen got and any actress worth their salt should be able to do the tavern scene from oliver - it was made for K and K in my opinon

Yes I agree and did say Helen drew the short straw with naff music for a Paso but it happens. Kellie and every other celeb has had naff music to dance to in the series at one time or another and have to make the best of it. This week unluckily for Helen she drew the short straw and paid for it. Sad to see her go but somebody had to.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Honestly? HONESTLY???

Anita should have been in the dance off with one other and she should have gone. I like Anita - she's come a long way and I'm sure she has further but the others are ahead of her. For either Helen or Georgia to go was a travesty. It did not give me the much-needed cheer I was looking for Crying or Very sad

I am SO going to miss those fabulous Safety Shorts.

(PS Short n sweet - my space bar coveer has come off and it is painfully slow to type using the little nobble that hides underneath. I had a LOT to say....)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Of the already good ones I was most into Helen so I'm a little sad she's gone. She did some dreamy Ballroom n.umbers.

I'm not sorry Anita and Katie are still around though. I don't actually care that they aren't the most accomplished out of those left, I still enjoy watching them more than the ones that are. We're asked to vote for our favourites, so that's what I did!

This is the thing when you invite quite so many trained ones onto the same series, you're bound to have an elimination like this at some point. And I really don't want a final that could have been predicted from their CVs. So good on Anita and Katie and their voters, I hope they cause another upset next week, bring it on!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Twirlie wrote:Tonight I am a Grumpy Old Man and a lot of the show annoyed me.

And that's putting it mildly. Strictly is becoming totally spoiled for me with all these extra dancers! They completely got in the way half the time. Do we really need extras for Every dance? I think not.

Georgia and Giovanni – Foxtrot to "Tale As Old As Time" from Beauty and the Beast.
She did look rather gorgeous, - what the hell was Giovanni wearing? And where did his "Beast" make-up go, that they talked about on ITT? But as gorgeous as she looked and as well as she danced it, there was something missing for me. I wasn't quite as blown away as I thought I'd be. 8. (Extras' characters getting in the way right from the start!)

Anita and Gleb – Argentine Tango to "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago.
Didn't think there was anything very Argentine about this tango. She stumbled around a bit and wasn't very elegant at all. I don't know if it was Gleb's choreography or someone else's, but I wasn't impressed by it. Not much sign of kicks and flicks either. (I'm definitely turning into a G.O.M.) I agreed with C raig more than the others. I'd probably have given it 7.

Kellie and Kevin – Viennese Waltz to "Oom Pah Pah!" from Oliver!
Utterly utterly tiresome. Awful – in fact who could concentrate on the dance for all the other bits and pieces, tables, mugs, dancers and bloody rose petals. Is Kevin in love with tables? Does he have a sponsorship from some table company or other? And when I could concentrate on their dancing...? Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! Couldn't understand any of the judge's scores. 6 from me

Jay and Aliona – Rumba to "Falling Slowly" from Once
Aye, not bad!!!! Beautifully danced to wonderful choreography. I really did enjoy this. Strong yet soft; elegant and fluid with lots of emotion too. Maybe I'm not such a G.O.M. after all. I don't begrudge them their three 10s!

Katie and A nton – Slow Foxtrot  to "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret.
Wow – she looked so like Chita Rivera in that last pose! How very appropriate! I enjoyed this very much indeed.  I would have been a lot more effusive than the judges. I don't know why they complained about the lack of an immediate start. They didn't mention it in Anita and Gleb's AT or Kellie and Kevin's VW. 9 from me.

Helen and Aljaz – Paso Doble to "At The End Of The Day" from Les Miserables.
Did they do well? I suppose they did, I just found it so difficult to concentrate on their performance because of all the other stuff going on. There were just too many people on that floor. I watched it again but I still found it hard to concentrate on Helen's performance. As well as getting in the way of our view of their dance, it must have been very off-putting for her to have all those bodies whirling around her for the whole dance. I really can't say what I think about it. If Aljaz choreographed this, he did Helen no favours at all.

Who's likely to go this week? On tonight's performance I would vote for Anita or Kellie to go, but who knows what the audience vote is like. At this stage, with them all being very good, I have no idea who's for the chop!

We speak as one! HATED it!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:49 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

We speak as one! HATED it!

Well it is all about opinions. For me Jay's rumba did not merit three 10's it was a bit drab for me aside from an extension and a twirl but there you go. With the standard of dancers that were left in it was obvious that many on here and other such-like forums would be sad at the result whoever had went but like I have said somebody had to go.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:51 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I would definitely agree with you there cc - I think I meant that oom pah pah was a real feel good crowd pleaser- they did dance it really well but to me it seemed much more of a workable theme than say what Helen got and any actress worth their salt should be able to do the tavern scene from oliver - it was made for K and K in my opinon

Didn't please this crowd. Or Twirlie. It wasn't ballroom - it was a stage school number. I wanted to overturn the table and throw a tankard (or two) at the chooser of this song for a v w. Just cos a song is singalong-able doesn't make it a good tune for a ballroom dance. In any case, as elsewhere stated, I hate the music of Oliver - I am not a Lionel Bart fan....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:57 pm

I've now caught up and have read all the posts since yesterday..

Just want to say a heartfelt thank you for all your good wishes. The flood waters reached their height at my house about 11.30pm last night. (I wasn't in it). The water hasn't receded much, even by this afternoon, so I couldn't go and assess the damage. However, there is definitely less water in there than in 2009 when it exceeded 5ft in my kitchen. I think we're talking 2-3 feet. I am safe and dry and well. Thank you again for all your concern and good wishes.

(I must be ok as I am all grumpy and outraged at tonight's results...!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Sid wrote:Of the already good ones I was most into Helen so I'm a little sad she's gone. She did some dreamy Ballroom n.umbers.

I'm not sorry Anita and Katie are still around though. I don't actually care that they aren't the most accomplished out of those left, I still enjoy watching them more than the ones that are. We're asked to vote for our favourites, so that's what I did!

This is the thing when you invite quite so many trained ones onto the same series, you're bound to have an elimination like this at some point. And I really don't want a final that could have been predicted from their CVs. So good on Anita and Katie and their voters, I hope they cause another upset next week, bring it on!

She most certainly did. And she got the best dresses. I'm going to miss those dresses (and emergency undershorts). It's all down to Katie now in the dress stakes...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:01 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I've now caught up and have read all the posts since yesterday..

Just want to say a heartfelt thank you for all your good wishes. The flood waters reached their height at my house about 11.30pm last night. (I wasn't in it). The water hasn't receded much, even by this afternoon, so I couldn't go and assess the damage. However, there is definitely less water in there than in 2009 when it exceeded 5ft in my kitchen. I think we're talking 2-3 feet. I am safe and dry and well. Thank you again for all your concern and good wishes.

(I must be ok as I am all grumpy and outraged at tonight's results...!)

My heart goes out to you and everyone else who lives with the fear of flooding in times like these. Mother nature really can wreak havoc and has done again to Northern England and Southern Scotland. Take care diamonds and I hope the damage isn't too great. Just think the government feels bombing Syria is more important than spending money on proper flood defences at home.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:14 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

My heart goes out to you and everyone else who lives with the fear of flooding in times like these. Mother nature really can wreak havoc and has done again to Northern England and Southern Scotland. Take care diamonds and I hope the damage isn't too great. Just think the government feels bombing Syria is more important than spending money on proper flood defences at home.

Thanks Cal. In fairness Keswick and Cockermouth both got state-of-the-art flood defences after the 2009 floods, but they just couldn't contain the amount of rain that fell in such a short space of time. The Keswick ones were breached quite spectacularly at about 4pm and the Cockermouth ones in a less showy way a few hours later. And the entrance to the yard where my house is and the house itself, front and back, had proper floodgates, but they couldn't keep the water out either. Sometimes man just cannot defend against the power of nature - it's just the way it is Neutral
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:23 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Thanks Cal. In fairness Keswick and Cockermouth both got state-of-the-art flood defences after the 2009 floods, but they just couldn't contain the amount of rain that fell in such a short space of time. The Keswick ones were breached quite spectacularly at about 4pm and the Cockermouth ones in a less showy way a few hours later. And the entrance to the yard where my house is and the house itself, front and back, had proper floodgates, but they couldn't keep the water out either. Sometimes man just cannot defend against the power of nature - it's just the way it is Neutral

Yes I suppose so. Neutral It must take a heck of a lot of soul-searching for those affected on these occasions to start all over again. Heart goes out to you all.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:32 pm

It must be terrible to be flooded like that once, let alone twice. I'm so glad to hear that you're OK D&P - I don't think that I could be so philosophical about it!

Kind of puts things in perspective, I guess!
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:19 pm

Diamonds- K and K's routine didn't particularly please me although I love 'oliver' but I do think it had the feel good factor that gbp tend to go for and it got them through- they lucked out I feel. I think all the routines were a bit marmite this week - made it hard to call - and I think there was going to be upset whoever went out. Good to see the pro routines back on track this week - lion king was good as was a nton and jo's routine

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:07 am

A nton and Charlston? Food for thought there. Nearly always some sort of a lift in the routines ( not sure why) and A nton isn't the youngest or strongest of the pros. Hope he keep the dance in the spirit of the original Roaring Twenties, Pinky Pinkham style..what, you don't remember Pinky,goodness gracious? The late Dorothy Provine played her (died some five years ago) so well. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjBoBtViwmI
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:17 pm

The Telegraph's article on this week's Strictly has a sort of popularity poll at the end. It seems to go Jay, Anita, Georgia, Katie, (Helen) Kellie. It's interesting in Anita's case but can't possibly be right generally since Kellie avoided the Dance Off. An interesting read all the same.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/strictly-come-dancing/12036245/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2015-musicals-week-11-quarter-finals-live-helen-george-leaves.html
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:12 pm

New week, new ballgame and only five players left standing.Two are no real surprise from early on as obvious talents, one an all singing and acting cockney sparrer and two presenters of all things topical on the meeja box who few gave a chance of reaching round two. What now then? A dance off between Jay and Georgia with possibly both leaving if the Bubble Bath Co decide on a double whammy, leaving Katie, Anita and the Oompah queen to battle the final? No, you say...?? Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 am

TANGOLERO wrote:New week, new ballgame and only five players left standing.Two are no real surprise from early on as obvious talents, one an all singing and acting cockney sparrer and two presenters of all things topical on the meeja box who few gave a chance of reaching round two. What now then? A dance off between Jay and Georgia with possibly both leaving if the Bubble Bath Co decide on a double whammy, leaving Katie, Anita and the Oompah queen to battle the final? No, you say...?? Cool

Yes, Mr D, that is my main concern and why I voted for Jay last week, despite his being no 1 on the leader board.

It was almost a travesty for Helen to miss out on the final but if neither Jay nor Georgia make it then I might be almost as upset as I was the year Austin Healy left early.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:41 pm

I think if either Katie or Anita go up against any of the other three in the dance-off, even Kellie, they'll go out. If Katie and Anita go up against each other...? I think that'll be a much closer run thing. It really will depend on the performances on the night.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:51 pm

I wonder if Katie would be in the DO? Maybe Anita and Kellie?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm sure Georgia will get a huge bounce-back vote in the semis - am convinced voter complacency is why she didn't get put through automatically last weekend.

And Jay will be waaaaaaay ahead in the vote so he'll be fine.

The dance-off will be Kellie vs Anita or Katie. I'm willing to bet my house on it!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Sid wrote:The dance-off will be Kellie vs Anita or Katie. I'm willing to bet my house on it!
How many bedrooms?  Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next