Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judges 2016

+4
B4p
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
TANGOLERO
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Judges 2016 Empty Judges 2016

Post  B4p Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi Jingle
Already posted this somewhere but can't find it so I'll go again.
Bren dan & An ton are both down as Pro dancers so I don't think they'll be used. Katya's husband has done some choreography for the show but I guess it would be a conflict of interest if he was asked.
Would one of the old Pro dancers reappear as judge? Mathew, Robin, or even Kristina might be back at work by then, or Erin?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Judges 2016 Empty Re: Judges 2016

Post  B4p Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:15 pm

L en, Br uno, Darcey and Cr aig are all due to judge again for this year
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Gossip in the red tops are mentioning an Australian female judge that might be considered to take over from L en next year
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Show just won't be the same without The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman. His love of dance shines out of him.. Sad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:03 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Show just won't be the same without The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman. His love of dance shines out of him.. Sad

He will be very tough to replace for plenty of reasons. He gives an old school opinion that often varies from the new age views of C.raig and B.runo which is much-needed. He always tries to leave one positive comment in there even if he hates the dance/performance which is good. Also he acts as a buffer - without him who will keep C.raig and B.runo from clawing each others eyes out? Shocked
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:03 pm

The papers are mentioning Arlene again for L en's job next year. I think Cr aig's already got the choreography and production angle. I'd rather have someone new with Latin/Ballroom judging experience. Much as I'd like some of the old Pros to take the job on, it might be good to have someone from outside who can be seen to be experienced technically, neutral and have a fresh opinion.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:48 am

B4p wrote:The papers are mentioning Arlene again for L en's job next year. I think Cr aig's already got the choreography and production angle. I'd rather have someone new with Latin/Ballroom judging experience. Much as I'd like some of the old Pros to take the job on, it might be good to have someone from outside who can be seen to be experienced technically, neutral and have a fresh opinion.

I doubt anyone who is still working as a professional will give up the time needed for judging whilst they can still make a good living as a dancer. Even Erin and Housewives choice are still doing that. Someone with the relevant experience but retired would be ideal. I don't want Arlene back but Karen Hardy would be ideal.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

I did hear Lionel Blair being mentioned in one or two quarters - that would be interesting but not sure exactly of his qualifications for the job.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Lionel must be the Phantom of Strictly.

He keeps cropping up in the audience but never gets the gig. It made me smile when You can call me Sir from now on was off sick and Ronnie Corbett I think stepped in. As usual, Lionel was spotted at the front of the audience smiling through gritted teeth, like the bridesmaid who's never the bride. I can't see Lionel offering what Br uno and Cr aig aren't already doing, unless the show is about to move away from technical judging.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:04 pm

B4p wrote:Lionel must be the Phantom of Strictly.

He keeps cropping up in the audience but never gets the gig. It made me smile when You can call me Sir from now on was off sick and Ronnie Corbett I think stepped in. As usual, Lionel was spotted at the front of the audience smiling through gritted teeth, like the bridesmaid who's never the bride. I can't see Lionel offering what Br uno and Cr aig aren't already doing, unless the show is about to move away from technical judging.

Perhaps Lionel can be ruled out as I read that a few years back (after years of friendship) he had a falling out with B.rucie.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:02 am

I'd like to see Erin,Vincent,Ian or Karen H as a judge. We do need a dance professional as a judge to give more insight to the routines and not to fanny about regarding "hands like spades" "thumbs sticking out" or generally playing the baddie at the Pantomime that, raig has resorted too. I'll miss L.en to a point but he did get grumpy and have a favourite and give over marks for them. I never got over his verbal spat with last year's new male dancer.....

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I'd like to see Erin,Vincent,Ian or Karen H as a judge.  We do need a dance professional as a judge to give more insight to the routines and not to fanny about regarding "hands like spades" "thumbs sticking out" or generally playing the baddie at the Pantomime that, raig has resorted too. I'll miss L.en to a point but he did get grumpy and have a favourite and give over marks for them. I never got over his verbal spat with last year's new male dancer.....

Hi Sax (waving to you !) cheers

I agree with a lot you have said here - I think the judging panel should definitely have someone on it from the world of ballroom/latin - otherwise it will become a bit of a travesty - but I suppose it depends if that person is out there. I think if he stepped down from dancing in the show, then A nton would actually be quite good and would balance the cutting wit of both C raig and B runo - as you say, that side is covered so we don't need another judge playing the Mr/Mrs Baddie role. I definitely wouldn't want more than four judges - otherwise you wouldn't be able to have them critique every couple, but I wouldn't mind them rotating some of the judges each week. I wouldn't mind Karen H being on the panel but actually I would prefer if she replaced D arcey - who nice as she is, IMO doesn't add much to the critiques and judging and seems to get more vague with every series. I definitely agree with your comments about the way L en has been in recent years - he used to be my absolute favourite on the judging panel and could be relied upon to fly the flag for the technical aspects of ballroom and latin - but he has become very inconsistent in recent years - having a real 'go' at some of the pros and yet overlooking the same faults in others - and being 'grumpy' for no reason. However, at the end of the day it is just not going to be the same without him.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Mauve cheers Basketball

Great to hear from you! I agree too re D arcey I'm hot sure what she brings to the table. I do agree ill miss L.en but the original L.en from the first few series....
Think A.non be a good presenter with T.ess and Claudia ...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Judges 2016 Empty Week 1 part 1

Post  B4p Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Well, what a start to 2016. Some curiously high scores for the first dances, even from Cr aig.

L en - week 1 and already telling Joanne off for faffing about and time wasting at the beginning of Ore's Tango routine. Must agree on that one. On the whole positive comments

Br uno - Like the comments, even if they're accompanied by the upright stance and windmill arms.

Cr aig - wish he would sandwich the negative comments. By the time he mentions anything positive it's drowned out by the audience booing.

Darcy - much more structured comments this evening even though it's all about the neck as usual. Maybe tomorrow it'll be about isolating the torso muscles!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:10 pm

L..en does not like faffing at all! A little stick out of the tongue as the others commented will grumpy L.en or Stickler for tradition L.en be around

B.run I wish he would sit still for once.

C.raig yes a positive then a little critique better then negative boo hoop and a throw away positive

Darcy positive and gushing.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I would like L en to explain why he went to great lengths to tell off Daisy and Alijaz for a supposed lift in their cha cha that was barely noticeable but last week AJ and Claudia were allowed to get away with all manner of gymnastics in a cha cha confused confused

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I would like L en to explain why he went to great lengths to tell off Daisy and Alijaz for a supposed lift in their cha cha that was barely noticeable but last week AJ and Claudia were allowed to get away with all manner of gymnastics in a cha cha   confused confused

I wonder if it's due to the brouhaha over the 9 he gave Daisy last week (cries of favouritism etc) so he wanted to appear more strict with her this time.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 am

Yes - I hadn't thought of this Sid - I didn't actually see the offending move, it seemed a bit random to pick on them but I think you may be right.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:54 am

I wonder what will happen to the L en's l.en's slot next season? Will it become Br uno's bi-focals?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 am

B4p wrote:I wonder what will happen to the L en's l.en's slot next season? Will it become Br uno's bi-focals?

affraid affraid omg it will be like the tv lens from the eighties similar to how a bluebottle eye lens visor and going round and round
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:28 pm

If Arlene is back as a judge, then maybe some other corny alliteration.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 pm

How about this for cornea (or retinal) alliteration CD

Arlene's Anisometropic Amblyopia Slot

Official Translation
Anisometropic amblyopia is the second most common cause of amblyopia. Anisometropic amblyopia occurs when unequal focus between the two eyes causes chronic blur on one retina. Anisometropic amblyopia can occur with relatively small amounts of asymmetric hyperopia or a.s.t.i.g.matism.

My translation
one eye isn't seeing what the other is so one eye blurs. Sounds about right. They all watch the same dance but see different things. Some judges have more blurred vision (or have blinkers on) than others

Last edited by B4p on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 pm

B4p wrote:How about this for cornea (or retinal) alliteration CD

Arlene's Anisometropic Amblyopia Slot

Official Translation
Anisometropic amblyopia is the second most common cause of amblyopia. Anisometropic amblyopia occurs when unequal focus between the two eyes causes chronic blur on one retina. Anisometropic amblyopia can occur with relatively small amounts of asymmetric hyperopia or hold me take me.

My translation
one eye isn't seeing what the other is so one eye blurs. Sounds about right. They all watch the same dance but see different things. Some judges have more blurred vision (or have blinkers on) than others

lol! lol! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Ok I want to rant a little. C.raig your getting predictably dull darling re your marks lately. 2 & 3 honestly it's a repeat,repeat #been there said that routine. Ed may not be your cup of tea but like his surname says he has BALLS has trying,being enthusiastic and much better than previous comedy acts ie Widdy,Russell,J'S. You give low marks and it just adds to the fuel to vote for Ed publically and give him and the lovely Katya confidence.... I'm aware he will not win or be in final (possibly) but I think his here til Blackpool at least.
L.en has been less like grumpy L.en since the Will debaucle. ....
Darcy I have totally warmed to you this series so thank you.
B.run please please keep seated and less me,me,me show theatrics.....

Is C,raig in panto this year having a stand in?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:34 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ok I want to rant a little. C.raig your getting predictably dull darling re your marks lately. 2 & 3 honestly it's a repeat,repeat #been there said that routine. Ed may not be your cup of tea but like his surname says he has BALLS has trying,being enthusiastic and much better than previous comedy acts ie Widdy,Russell,J'S.  You give low marks and it just adds to the fuel to vote for Ed publically and give him and the lovely Katya confidence.... I'm aware he will not win or be in final (possibly) but I think his here til Blackpool at least.
L.en has been less like grumpy L.en since the Will debaucle. ....
Darcy I have totally warmed to you this series so thank you.
B.run please please keep seated and less me,me,me show theatrics.....

Is C,raig in panto this year having a stand in?

With all due respects though Ed gets more than enough love from the other judges (more probably than he merits) for C.raig's remarks to be issues. C.raig is there to judge dance ability and being honest Ed is now the weakest dancer left in by some way. Sure he gives it his all but that is not what is being judged it is his dancing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next