Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

+8
B4p
vonee21
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
jingle
Sid
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread Empty Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Well tonight sees the 2016 series of Strictly Come Dancing hit our screens as we find out who our celebrities are (well we all know that by now) and who they will be partnered with so I thought it would be nice to start a thread for the big occasion.

I'll be gobsmacked if Lesley Joseph isn't paired with An.ton. It will be very good to be introduced to the plethora of new, young professional dancers as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Can't wait CC. I shall be writing all the pairings down ready to post ASAP
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Giovanni - Laura Whitmore
Pasha - Naga Munchetty
Kevin - Louise Redknapp
Brendan - Anastasia
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Jeanette - Melvin Odoom
Natalie - Greg Rutherford
Oksana - Rob Rinder
Oti - Danny Mac
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:55 pm

Lesley n Housewives choice. Surprise
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Aljaz - Daisy Lowe
AJ - Claudia Fragapane
An ton - Lesley Joseph
Gorka - Tameka Empson
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Karen - Will Young
Joanne - Ore Oduba
Katya - Ed Balls
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:08 pm

In total:

2016 Pairs

Giovanni - Laura Whitmore
Pasha - Naga Munchetty
Kevin - Louise Redknapp
Brendan - Anastasia
Aljaz - Daisy Lowe
AJ - Claudia Fragapane
An ton - Lesley Joseph
Gorka - Tameka Empson

Jeanette - Melvin Odoom
Natalie - Greg Rutherford
Oksana - Rob Rinder
Oti - Danny Mac
Joanne - Ore Oduba
Katya - Ed Balls
Karen - Will Young
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Pairings:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Well at first glance Ed Balls stands out as a red hot favourite to exit. Laura Whitmore, Claudia Fragapane, Ore Oduba, Will Yound and Robert Rinder look like good prospects - especially the judge.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:21 pm

vonee21 wrote:Lesley n Housewives choice.  Surprise

Absolutely odds on to happen.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:30 pm

I feel a bit sorry for Ed. He's obviously a true beginner, and seems like he'll give it his best shot, but the double whammy of being a politician and a novice dancer, might be a kick-ball change too far.

Lot's of personality in there. Judge Rinder is a great surprise. Competitve, full of energy and can dance.

So no partners for Neil & Chloe, two of the new Pros. I shall miss Aliona and Kristina's choreography. Poor AJ looked terrified. Gorka & Tameka look like they'll have some fun. Thought Bren dan would get Anastasia - fireworks methinks.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Claudia and AJ (a very young pairing) look like they will be good together. Ore Oduba is obviously a great enthusiastic and looks like he could be very good. Lesley belied her many years and looked pretty sprightly so may last a few weeks. Anastasia reminds me of Pamela Anderson for some reason - a blonde with attitude and sense of humour and looks willing to learn.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:57 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Absolutely odds on to happen.

I was being cheeky...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:02 pm

vonee21 wrote:

I was being cheeky...

Yes I realized that. There is patterns in the couplings. Oldest dancer Lesley goes with oldest pro An.ton. Youngest celeb Claudia paired with youngest pro AJ. Tallest celeb Greg paired with tallest pro Natalie.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Love the pic Vonee!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:02 am

Hope for Natalie's sake the Greg fella can shape up. Not too hopeful, but...who knows...?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:15 am

Hi all

Great to see SCD back and hope you are all well - I wasn't really 'feeling it' before watching the show tonight but actually I think there are some potentially interesting characters in the series this year - a wide range of different ages and types, and contestants that on first glance have personalities!!

In the main, I think they have done very well with the pairings in terms of height and personality, I didn't think that there was anyone who didn't really 'go together' on first glance.

Just a few observations - as per usual the Cliftons (all three of them this year!) seem to have got themselves sorted out with partners who have potential - don't know how Kevin does it every time!!! I used to think that little sister was annoying but warmed to her quite a bit last year when she was on 'Take Two' and as we have lost some of the familiar faces amongst the pros I am quite happy that she has a partner this year.

I think Will Young and the Judge will be a lot of fun - Temeka seems hilarious and I'm also looking forward to the partnership between Anastacia and B rendan. Bit disconcerting that there is a couple who look like twelve year olds!!!! (The gymnast and new boy) - I must be getting old Smile I think the model might be a bit tricky...........just a feeling.

Really enjoyed the group dance - best one I have seen for ages - they all really looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I'm sorry that we won't have one of my favourite dancers and choreographers this year - Kristina - and although they weren't my personal favourites I will miss both A liona and O la - also sorry that Tristan has gone, apart from being a bit of eye candy (IMO) I never felt we really saw his true potential (probably why he has gone!) Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of G leb though................ Having a lot of new pro dancers is exciting and it will be interesting to see what they can do .............. as we all know, it is not just about being an excellent dancer, it is being a good teacher and good choreographer and hope they're not all 'Burn the Floor' clones! Didn't understand why two of the new pros who were showcased, didn't get celeb partners???

Did any of you see the 'Strictly' prom???? I really enjoyed the dancing, I felt I saw the pros in a different light and it was good to see them without the 'bling' being 'serious dancers' - I was particularly impressed with Janette, who is not my most favourite SCD pro by a long chalk, but I felt that as a dancer she was superb in the Prom Show. However, the show itself seemed a bit flat and I felt that the music choices were not always right - don't know what you thought? I enjoyed the Gershwin prom a lot more and felt that the music in that show was a lot more suitable for dance.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:39 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Love the pic Vonee!

Thanks, that's Milo.

Hope you're well and looking forward to Strictly
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:02 am

Hi alls, mauve and the rest of you (who I already said hello to on the other thread!)

Maybe it's because last series was such a giant pile of poop that I, for one, am REALLY excited by this year's. I know the judges say "best line-up ever" at every launch but this year I think they've good reason to! And THANK YOU SPAIN for Gorka I love you

But I wouldn't be me without a couple of quibbles...

What dirt does Kevin have on the Beeb cos it doesn't look like he's EVER gonna get a duffer! I'm also not keen on putting Louise with him for the reason that she's obviously gonna be really good and needs a talented choreographer to showcase her, and I don't think Kevin is that person. Good teacher but pants choreographer in my opinion. Likewise I don't think Karen will get the best out of Will.

Slightly disappointed they didn't make Lesley and AJ happen Laughing

Rinder & Oksana and Tameka & Gorka are gonna be an absolute scream and I'm PRAYING Greg can move so Nat FINALLY has a shot at the trophy (but don't think he can and will be wishing she'd been paired with Will instead).

Like you mauve I'll miss K.ristina. The personal stuff aside I always found her to be effective at teaching and choreographing routines to suit partners of all different ages and abilities. I won't miss O.la or Aliona tho!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:21 am

Hi everyone

Other than the CBeebie-styled space intro, I really enjoyed the opening show. Like others have said, there seem to be some really witty and interesting characters, which always makes it more fun. Really liked DJ Melvin, Judge Rinder, Ore, and Tameka. I'd like Greg to turn out to be a good dancer, for Natalie's sake. I'd also quite like Ed to last a good few weeks - he was on Andrew Marr show this morning and was very good-humoured about his chances.

My early prediction for the winners - Claudia and AJ

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:17 am

For me the strong contenders look to be Robert Rinder, Claudia Fragapana, Laura Whitmore, Danny Mac and Ore Odube. The DJ looks wooden to me as does Ed Balls and watching the dance last night Greg looks like he'll need work on latin.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Not meant unkindly, but last years, er, winner, looked a few pounds heavier than last view we had. Did well enough with the jive, but I had a few small worries for the floor..... Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:30 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Not meant unkindly, but last years, er, winner, looked a few pounds heavier than last view we had. Did well enough with the jive, but I had a few small worries for the floor..... Twisted Evil

Naughty Mr T..
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:35 pm

jingle wrote:Hi everyone

I'd also quite like Ed to last a good few weeks - he was on Andrew Marr show this morning and was very good-humoured about his chances.

me too!   I would like him to buck the trend.  
Wondered if any of you watched the 'Strictly' prom and what you thought of it?

Also -  as I am not very good at following the SCD gossip in the 'off season'  I was wondering if there was a reason that  G leb hasn't come back - I would have thought that in SCD terms his first series was respectable -    please note:   I am not a fan - just wondered if there was a story??? Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next