Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

+8
B4p
vonee21
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
jingle
Sid
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I do wish All they would do the same Latin and Ballroom for the first 2 dances. We see the difference from a skill,energy,enthusiasm level. We also get to enjoy the harder dances as the couples skills develop. I do not wish to see a jive/Paso/Tango in the first 4 weeks

You've summed it up completely! Totally agree - I enjoy seeing the harder dancers later - there is more challenge for them and it is more entertaining for us as well, I also think that in the lottery that is the first two weeks - tactically if someone does do a harder dance then actually they can sometimes get more leniency from the judges even if they don't perform terribly well and they can kind of slip through with the luxury of performing less complicated dances to a higher standard later on in the competition -should they survive of course - as we all know, tactics and strategy seem to play a big part in SCD these days.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  B4p Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:29 pm

9th training VT

Ore & Joanne - looks like a Tango

It'll be interesting to see what Jo can do with an actual dance prospect
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Wonder who's choosing the dance music this year?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 pm

10th training Vt

AJ & Claudia - ? Cha-Cha
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 pm

11th training VT

Pasha & Naga - ballroom ? Waltz

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:10 pm

12th training VT

Gio & Laura - Cha-cha
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 pm

13th training VT

Greg & Natalie - Jive?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Will and Karen - tango
Certainly a big range of dances Evil or Very Mad
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Don't like the idea of a jive as a first dance for Nathalie and Greg - as a taller man he might struggle. I agree with what most of you have said about hoping that Nat will get a fair crack at the glitterball this year.

I'm going out on Friday night so won't see the first show live Sad I think it's going to be a late night for me as I intend watching it when I get in so that I'm not behind!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Maybe it's all tactical mauve.

Don't know who chooses the dances, but maybe the celebs have got one they really want to do before knock-out time, or maybe they want to get rid of something that might be problematic later. Perhaps Nat thinks it would be easier to get the jive out of the way before they get into the judging section? It's hard to compare when all the dances are different
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2016 - New Series First Episode Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty New Series First Episode Discussion Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Yes I think you could be right B4P - so much of SCD is tactics and strategy these days and we will never know completely how the dance choices work - although they clearly work for some and not others. Not saying that it is wrong per se - it's a clever move to get something out of the way in the first week before the judging starts.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 am

Maybe one year the producers might listen to the viewers/forums/dancers and offer a Waltz/foxtrot or a cha cha/samba to choose from in week one and two. It doesn't matter if what's his face from sports field wants a Paso to play with a Cape or she is a celeb wants to do a jive before they go in week 2 or 3! Think of the ultimate j,our ney How can a week one Tango or Jive be exciting,showing off newly acquired skills and lots and lots of hours spent training.NO it looks worse than dad's dancing or that geeky kid high on Stella on the dance floor in the local pub. ...

I'd like to see the couples dance to their ability/height and comfort zone in week one so please stop fanning around with hardtechnical dances and shoddy music choices.........

Exasperated Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well tonight sees the 2016 series of Strictly Come Dancing hit our screens as we find out who our celebrities are (well we all know that by now) and who they will be partnered with so I thought it would be nice to start a thread for the big occasion.

I'll be gobsmacked if Lesley Joseph isn't paired with An.ton. It will be very good to be introduced to the plethora of new, young professional dancers as well.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi one and all. Here we are back for another year of Strictly. The pairings? Well they seem all right. Of course being the complete luddite and reactionary that I am, I had no idea who half of them were. Don't watch Hollyoaks or Judge Rinder. One of the things I didn't follow at the Olympics was the Gymnastics. Never listen to Kiss or watch MTV and I've avoided Eastenders like the plague for several decades now.

That Said! I am most looking forward to seeing Will Young (I hope he's good. He's my favourite to begin with though that may change of course.  I like that he's been paired with Karen. I'd like to see Kevin put in his place.), I'm also looking forward to seeing Danny Mac, Anastacia, Laura Whitmore and Louise Rednap. I think their major threats will be Claudia Fragapane, Ore Orduba and Judge Rinder. I think the unkown quantities are Daisy Lowe, Greg Rutherford, and Tameka Empson. I expect an early bath for Ed Balls, Naga Munchetty, Melvin Odoom and Lesley Joseph.

Of course I could be talking complete Bull's whatsits and it all turns out completely differently. Whatever happens, I think I'll enjoy it this year.

Again! bounce bounce bounce
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi Twirlie... it was a given A.non with Lesley! I like Will and would like to see him go far. Naga not my cup of tea in the morning can't warm to her but maybe she m8ght change my mind. Daisy I feel will be a I can pose and look beautiful but I'm a wooden doll at dancing. Love love the Judge and never heard of him before. Melvin and Tameka tweak my fancy, think Greg may struggle and hope Ed stays a few weeks...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 pm

There's a lot of colourful characters this year. I'm looking forward to the banter. The group certainly seemed to have gelled over the last few weeks. It made me smile that the new Spanish Pro (Gorka) has got in quick with the most classic of Spanish Paso music, but it's a shame that Tameka has that pressure on week 1.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Hey Twirlie! Glad to have you back Smile
I'm out tonight too but will catch up when I get in so I'm not behind...enjoy, everyone cheers
Strictly's back...life is good!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:46 pm

One couple get a Paso complete with Spanish style music first round? Shocked

Kevin, smallish, wears glasses and doesn't look like Gregory Peck, bring him on, he's my favourite. I'd vote for Roy Cropper if he was in it..... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 pm

Well, part one done. 

We're having a sweepstake at work, I got Judge Rinder and Daisy Lowe.  I've seen what Judge can do, wait for Daisy tomorrow.
And didn't we know that Lesley would get THAT song - with dear old Linda blubbing!

Looking forward to tomorrow and then next week it can really get going...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Part one done yes but why only 6 dancing and 9 tomorrow?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Surprisingly better than I thought it might be for week one. Normal moans about a few things but I'll gag myself in favour of political correctness (well, okay, Claudia did look like a Gothic vinegar bottle in that er, frock thing and Tess will never be a female Brucie). The Rinder chap threw himself at it with real gusto, Ory looks a dancer and maybe even Greg, all seem to have potential. Very hard for big lads to be all A nton elegant so I really hope for Natalie's sake Greg can keep a check on his long limbs and not go all Pinochio meets John Cleese. The ladies did nothing to be asked to leave the floor for. A decent first night and no real "disasters, dahlings" except The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman leaving the show. Darcy looked rather er, elegant and the fabu-u-lus darling one is obviously restraining himself for somebody he takes a dislike to. That apart, a decent start. Onwards and upwards...... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi Tango!

Well I agree re C.laudia dress a tad weird and Tess looked a bit washed out in white. Darcy looked very regal in her elegant dress apart from the wire hanger ear rings...C.raig spinning effortlessly in opening scenes.
The cute teens pairs looked as if they had been given a late night pass AJ and Fran.

Laura & Giovanni 7 from me (5 6 7 7

Shoulders hunched a little too often but started very well. Such long legs think just needed more bounce from her feet. A possible long haul contender.

Naga and Pasha 5.5 from me ( 5 6 6 6)

Kept her eyes to the floor a lot instead of at Pasha or camera. A few timing issues with steps felt Pasha steered her around at times.A little wooden

Judge Rinder and Oksanna 7.5 from me ( 6 7 6 6)

Wow,energetic and a bit of hip action too. Threw himself into it with gungho style! Knew C.raig would comment about facial expressions lol thou Trout pout! Could finish extensions off more.A quiet darkhorse?

Lesley and A.non 4 from me (5 6 6 6)

A little serene some steps on tiptoe a little bit like watching a tea dance at the over 60's Christmas party. Gaping and some foot faults.... not sure if Lesley will last the distance.

Ore and Joanne (her dress yuk) 6 from me ( 7 7 6 7)

Knew L.en would say faffing about too much,geek on a bike for a Tango? Bottom stuck out a few times but had some strong lines. Not sure if I like Karen's choreography . Tango should NOT be on week 1
Noticed Lens tongue almost sticking out after judges comments!

Greg and Natalie 6.5 from me ( 6 7 7 7)

Fast and pacey and some good early kicks which faded a little at the end. Legs gaped a little at times. However Nat has a good chance this year as Greg shows potential.Again NO JIVE in first week please

Loved the gun ho go for it from Judge Rinder and Greg going for it. A little to slow go for me from Lesley

Yay we saw Man in the Hat in the band and good music choices this week.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Enjoyed the first show. Lots of characterisation and attack. A few scores higher than I thought they'd give for week 1

Opening any of the shows must be nerve wracking, yet alone the first show of the season. Laura's smile lit up the room.

Loved An ton's routine for Lesley. Very moving, although it's true, An ton pulled her across the floor in a few places.

Naga looked elegant and had beautiful hand shaping before going into Waltz hold.

Rob Rinder - top man. What he lacked in technique, he made up for in camp. Loved his 'go-for-it' attitude.

Greg - great start, fully committed. Better than I thought he'd do. Fingers crossed for Natalie this year.

Ore - He may start to trigger my hives. Made me smile that L en has already told Joanne off for faffing about and time wasting at the start of the Tango routine. Didn't care for the routine or the music, although it looks like he's got rhythm.

T ess openly drooling over Greg on week 1 put me off my dinner.

Looking forward to seeing Tameka tomorrow. Bull fight or car crash?

Ed is the only male celeb who has to lead the Pro this week I think.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Meant to try not commenting on that daft tango, Sax, but.....come on. It was everything a tango shouldn't be unless there's a new style of comedy tango being introduced. It was almost pure Marx Brothers, Groucho rather than Goucho, with costumes by Marks and Spencers end of holiday season sale. Ory did his best ( which fortunately was a decent best) with some very poor choreography ideas from Joanne and it was definitely one I hope they have got out of their systems. C raig loving it a 7's worth should tell the tale. For me, a word that rhymes with trap describes it......sorry if that offends anyone. No
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:44 pm

I know hence why I said geek on a bike and a lot of faffing. Ore has potential if Joanne ups her choreography. Week one they got away with murder on the dance floor of a true Tango
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next