Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD Launch Show 2017

+3
vonee21
saxonsiren
B4p
7 posters

Go down

SCD Launch Show 2017 Empty SCD Launch Show 2017

Post  B4p Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 pm

study Thoughts on pairings, new Pro dancers and contestants on the launch show. scratch
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD Launch Show 2017 Empty Re: SCD Launch Show 2017

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Not seen launch show... recall some of the pairings. Pasha possible early bath, A.non predictable pairing.... Remind me re others olease
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Well I know some of 'em. I got the Rev in work sweepstake...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Opening Show Revealed:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:11 am

I really enjoyed the show - I loved the tribute to B rucie:( and thought in the main that the pairings were good. I wouldn't like to write off anyone at this stage as I feel the first weeks are more about whether you have a fan base or not. I felt that most of the contestants had personalities and didn't take themselves too seriously - all seem genuine 'triers' and I didn't detect too many that had the 'ringer' about them - only Alexandra - time will tell. Have put more comments on the 'honesty' thread. Looking forward to the first show.

'Sharlene' - (which I think would be a good name for her) Wink mentioned technical ability and footwork which I liked - hope she's not going to be the type that 'scolds' B runo and C raig - I was very impressed by her dance when she came on - it sent a strong message that she knows what she is talking about!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Well, I finally got to watch the launch show.

I was quite touched by T less struggling to hold it together whilst presenting the Br ice section. She's not my favourite presenter, but I thought the poor woman did well under exceptional circumstances.

More cheesefest from Claudia. Why? She's naturally funny and doesn't need the comedy scripts.

The band and singers were on form as ever and looked like they're raring to go.

Darcey is going to order a few new soundbites to sound even half credible in comparison to the others. I was hoping they might move the seating around a bit so that Darcey was on the end then Cr aig, Shirley & Br uno, just to break up the girls/boys bookend appearance. I think Shirley being next to Darcey is only going to highlight the differences between them.

Looks like a good season. I'm looking forward to it.

Just to finish the thread here are the pairings for 2017:

Charlotte Hawkins (newsreader) - Brendan
Gemma Atkinson (actress) - Alijaz
Ruth Langsford (presenter)  - An ton
Mollie King (singer) - AJ
Susan Calman (comedian) - Kevin
Chizzy Akudolu (actress) - Pasha
Alexandra Burke (singer) - Gorka
Debbie McGee (magician's assistant) - Giovanni

Simon Rimmer (chef) - Karen
Dhavood Ghami (actor) - Nadiya
Joe McFadden (actor) - Katya
Brian Conley (comedian) - Amy
Aston Merrygold (singer) - Janette
Rev Richard Coles (Rev & ex musician) - Diane
Jonnie Peacock (Paralympian) - Oti
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 pm

YAAAAASSSS!!!

Davood & Nadiya - they look HOT

Susan & Kevin - her tweets are the best she's already won the Twitterball

The Rev & Sharlene Very Happy - if we don't get a Jive to "Jesus He Knows Me" what even is the point of this series

Chizzy & Pasha - I'm very much here for these two, could be the most fun Pasha's had since Chelsee

Alex & Gorka - If you're with Gorka chances are I'm stanning for you. If your mum was lead singer of Soul ll Soul, that just seals the deal.

Jonnie & Oti - This will be v insteresting. I'm v much AFOR 'Jonti'.

LET'S SEE

Joe & Katya - forget Holby and Heartbeat, he'll always be Gary McDonald from Take The High Road to me  I love you

Simon & Karen - I quite like Karen's new hair. I don't think they'll get far tho.

Ruth & A.nton - I'm just mightily relieved Eamonn's not doing it as well!

MEH

Mollie & AJ - Apart from the fact he looks like her son I can't really understand bringing AJ back;  he was unimpressive both in the choreo and charisma dept last year.

Gemma & Aljaz - could grow on me but at present I'm not fussed

Aston & Janette - we can all chill about Aston being a ringer; if anything's gonna be a leveller, it's Janette's choreography  Very Happy

Charlotte & B.rendan - they've got "week 3 boot" written all over them

AGIN!

Debbie & Curtain Wiper - sooooooo wanted to root for Debbie, can't believe they put her with CW. Strictly, you had one job!

Brian & Amy - oh god I can't stand him but my worry is he might not be awful and will stick around for a bit.

Still love Claud more than life and didn't miss L.en (have you seen his new show? I haven't cringed so hard since he gave Matt DA that standing ovation).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 pm

I just knew Ruth would get A nton.... Feel she needed someone who would push her a bit - she is certainly not go-all-the-way material but she is better than comedy coffin routines a la A nton....

Also knew that Gemma would get Aljaz (height amongst anything else).  Not feeling much genuine warmth from her (early days and nerves, mind) - all her responses seem very scripted and lacking in sincerity.

I think Kevin has his work cut out dance-wise with Susan but she has all the warmth, enthusiasm and adorability that Gemma and maybe Charlotte lack.  She'll be around for a while.

Ditto Chizzy in the warmth and enthusiasm dept - but she has some moves too.  Not sure about her pairing with Pasha though- not feeling any chemistry. I think I would have put Pasha and Ruth together.

Oti and Jonnie - perfect pairing :-)  I really feel their personalities will work well together (from what I can tell from a few VT clips...!)

I am liking Simon - not sure about his pairing with Karen. I like Karen as someone I'd have a giggle with down the pub but not convinced of her teaching skills.  (Come back Natalie!)

Molly and AJ - really?!!!

Charlotte and Brendan - I sense tension in othe offing... She doesn't seem the type (from what  miniscule amount I have seen of her dancing) to let loose (unlike Ruth).  I would have put Brendan with Debbie  - she may be a bit older but she will work hard (and she has her ballet training in the distant past) adn I think she would have appreciated Brendan's style of teaching

Alex and Gorka - she looks like she might eat him alive, but I think she has lots of drive and discipline and will work hard to go all the way.  I love Gorka, but we didn;t get much of a chance to see his teaching skills in action, so we shall see...

I want to love Richard Cole.  Well, I DO love him.  But the Ozzie raspberry hair woman is an unknown - she hasn't endeared herself  tme - yet (but I am easily won over, doesn;t take much - good teaching and great choreography Very Happy )

The rest... no real impact. Apart from Katya. In a negative way. I think she has to go... Oh and Davood looks like he may have some moves, but I hope they won;t make him keep taking his shirt off.  He's ripped, but just a bit TOO ripped for my tastes.  I'd rather he kept it all under wraps. AND.... some real, ahem, chemistry with the slinky blonde from Russia/Somewhere in Eastern Europe

BUT... no Joanne? Don't really care as she never charmed me at all but think it odd that she got her first partner last year, won and isn;t returning to defend the glitterballl.  Also, why didn't they ditch AJ (or A nton - but I know that would upset Tango, and I couldn;t do that to him....) for Neil?  I can't believe they haven't given him a partner this year.  And what about Chloe?  Rather than bring in Miss Raspberry Hair and Miss Yet Another Slinky Bonde from Eastern Europe they could have promoted her (or got rid of Katya).  At least give her a chance...  But I mostly cross about Neil.  VERY cross in fact. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

But, nonetheless, let the fun commence and may Oti and Jonnie win Very Happy
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm unsure this year re Brendan he looked non plus re his reveal of celebrity partner... I'm hoping Susan will survive a few weeks and Simon (love Sunday Brunch)
Alexandra never warmed to re XF and she murdered Hallelujah song No
The Reverend I hope will have a few weeks. I think Davood will be I think he will be great but turn out to be like Gavin! Too much muscle not enough content...

Tess genuine feelings showed re B,rucie still 2ant her either with male presenter or new pairing. 14 years a long time for a presenter.. C.laudia for goodness sake stop the clown who's feeding her terrible autocue jokes and let her quirky, ad hoc humour go back into the couples lounge.

I really really hope we have less butchery of music this year and the dance matches the song chosen... Musicality director pin back your ear lobes and listen to long standing fans of the show....

Please also 2 dances in the first 2 weeks a ballroom possibly waltz and a Latin Samba.. No Paso, Tango,Jive in the first 5 weeks. I want to see the latter dances after basic footwork and we see a little skill emerging.....

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Do you know I forgot that Davood was in it - must have made very little impression on me Embarassed
I like Susan a lot but don't feel she'll be around for long - I am more interested in seeing Mr C lifton earn his salary this year and see whether he is truly a good teacher as he has never had to really exert much effort in that direction for all his partners thus far. On reflection, I think I also would have put Debbie with someone else (really rooting for her) and agree in general about AJ, will be interesting to see if he sinks or swims this year. Also rooting for Jonnie - understandably nervous being the only sports person this year - reminded me of Greg (sorry to be stereotypical) and then I got a pang that Nat is no longer in the show!!

All in all though some very interesting pairings and interesting celebs - looking forward to the first show Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:24 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:
BUT... no Joanne? Don't really care as she never charmed me at all but think it odd that she got her first partner last year, won and isn;t returning to defend the glitterballl.  Also, why didn't they ditch AJ (or A nton - but I know that would upset Tango, and I couldn;t do that to him....) for Neil?  I can't believe they haven't given him a partner this year.  And what about Chloe?  Rather than bring in Miss Raspberry Hair and Miss Yet Another Slinky Bonde from Eastern Europe they could have promoted her (or got rid of Katya).  At least give her a chance...  But I mostly cross about Neil.  VERY cross in fact. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very MadVery Happy
Joanne's playing the lead in Flashdance to rave reviews. I know she got a lot of flack in the Strictly media last year and Kevin was defending her left, right and centre. Maybe she got fed up of the Clifton haters on the other sites.

I was really hoping Neil would get a partner this year. He's an innovative choreographer, and would have been right outside that box that Shirley likes to mention. Let AJ sit out.
Chloe made a comment in one of the papers asking about the need to bring in new female Pro dancers when they'd already got people in the wings here. I noticed there was a lot of extra Pro dancers in the launch show. Are these the reserve dance pool that they've been trying to bring in for years?
I like Katya. I think she was a good sport last year and she's a cracking dancer when you look at her youtube clips.

I think Karen's really got to up her choreography game. Anyone can have one bad season but...........

I'm wondering if Gio can slow down enough to showcase Debbie. He seems to have 'faster, faster, faster' running through him like a stick of Blackpool rock
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm

I loved how savage Chloe was on ITT last year and really really wanted to see her in action as a proper pro. Why bring in extras when they already exist?

As for Neil - you can tell he's ITCHING to have a go but I wonder if he's tooooo eager. He's like Kevin on speed  Very Happy
But I'd be ok with giving him a go. Certainly over the nipper.

I think the trolling really got to Jo. It was tough. The Jordans have to take some of the flack here - they've basically turned into anti-Clifton HQ since leaving. I love how she proved her haters wrong and then waltzed off to do other stuff before they could round on her again.

diamondsandpearls wrote:
I want to love Richard Cole.  Well, I DO love him.  But the Ozzie raspberry hair woman is an unknown - she hasn't endeared herself  tme - yet (but I am easily won over, doesn;t take much - good teaching and great choreography Very Happy )

Hahaha I'm not sure about her either (what is it with me taking agin female pros with red dye jobs - I couldn't stick A.liona either or that Sharna lass on DWTS). Also, didn't appreciate her doing Claud's puns for her.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down