Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Dances of the Series 2017

5 posters

Go down

Your Dances of the Series 2017 Empty Your Dances of the Series 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:47 am

Here we go folks...............Time to consider the dances from this series that have been your absolute favourites and the ones that will stay in your mind after the series has ended. We've all had a lot of different views (as always) this year so it will be interesting to see what people think............................cast your minds back over the weeks.............perhaps you want to also consider the best dances of each type as well? eg - best Tango, best Charleston etc? I will consider mine and come back later but wanted to get this thread up in good time................. cheers cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Your Dances of the Series 2017 Empty Re: Your Dances of the Series 2017

Post  jingle Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Oooh, I've had fun with this, thanks Mauve!  Looking back over the series there's been so many to choose from, so I've done it dance by dance, and then picked my overall favourite

In no particular order.....

Tango - Alex, Maneater Halloween week

Waltz - Mollie, semifinal  (the mistake-free version in the DO)

Charleston - Davood, Lambeth walk, week 8

American Smooth - Gemma, Downtown Blackpool week, and Mollie Sound of music, Musicals week

Foxtrot - Joe spider dance on Halloween week

Viennese Waltz - Mollie Cilla song week 5, and Joe Dr Zhivago musicals week

Cha cha - Aston Trolls movie week

Paso - Gemma  coldplay week 4, and Aston Nirvana song Halloween week

Samba - Joe, Cabaret  Musicals week

Jive - Alex Proud Mary week 4

Salsa - Alex semi finals

Rumba - Mollie, Grease Musicals week

Quickstep - Mollie week 10,  and Alex at Blackpool, and Susan week 4

Argentine Tango - nobody Although there were some very well danced routines, quite honestly I fell out with the AT this year. It seems to have morphed into a different dance, and I didn't like any of them.

Dance of the series for me has been Aston's Trolls cha cha, which I still remember vividly (maybe the blue tights have something to do with that)

My runner up dances (predictably) all involve Mollie and AJ - either her rumba, VW or quickstep

Found it hardest to choose among the quicksteps this year, I think it's probably my favourite of the dance styles.

Hopefully will have a showdance or two to add to my list of favourites later on tonight.....
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Due to the faultless nature of some of Debbi and Alex's dances I've found it hard to have a favourite dance. Quite a few contestant's works have been uttely ruined by rubbish music and could have been so much better with realistic choices. I'll settle for saying well done to all those who pulled off a single dance that was tops....and quite a few did.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 am

Two of my favourite routines were those done by A nton and Ruth - their crazy samba and their bonkers Paso - both unforgettable for me. I will also remember Susan and Kevin's Morecombe and Wise quickstep. Other favourites are:

Alex and Gorka's cha cha
Joe and Katya's Viennese Waltz, Samba and American Smooth
Debbie's Argentine Tango and Foxtrot
Gemma's American Smooth

There are more..........Just thinking about my favourite in each category of dance Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm trying to think.... I did enjoy the Morecombe & Wise dance of Susan and Kevin. Lambeth walk one yes Davood trumped.
For me too a lot of awful music choices ruined the dance and excessive fawning. ...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:37 pm

The ones that stand out for me were Susan and Kevin's 'Bring me Sunshine', Davood's 'Lambeth Walk', Joe's Paso and Charleston. Will give it more thought and reurn to post more later.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down