Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judges 2017

+8
Poppetlovestango
Twirlie
Sid
CaledonianCraig
diamondsandpearls
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
B4p
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Judges 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Judges 2017

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:04 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Cc for me I'd replace no hesitancy. Why should a judge be safe from the chop after one series? Pro dancers have been axed after one series with not so much as a blink of the eye attitude..Darcy bless yes should of been changed.
I thought after L.en we might get 5 judges and an ex pro dancer from show would have been terrific.  E,rin shines out for me as a firm but positive judge....

We may not agree on our change of Judge but I love our friendly forum Very Happy  Very Happy ....

Our great wee forum thrives on difference of opinion. cheers
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:12 pm

flower sunny cheers

It does and thank goodness xxx
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:36 pm

I don't think Shirley's scoring's been any more erratic than anyone else. L.en used to have a right boner for sportsmen on the show - always gave them higher-than-you'd-expect marks.

saxonsiren wrote:
Sid although Brendan said my dear I,for one didn't as a female take it as a derogatory comment. We have had so many darlings etc from C,raig no problems and B,runo also using my dear/darling or love on occasions too.

Fair do's sax but the reaction from female viewers on my Twitter TL was quite different! I can't really compare it with C.raig's 'darling' which he uses with both sexes whereas B.rendan's comment reminded me of condescending men who tell women to "calm down dear". If someone addressed his wife like that he'd lose it.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:25 pm

I think if the term calm down had been used I'd have exploded then! A short poll of 4 other female fans all thought same as me it didn't ruffle feathers. I think maybe I'm heading towards twin set and pearls brigade cyclops oops I need to jolt myself out of that....

Wish Sid our V,in cent back I really miss him.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Me too Sax - I miss his cheeky, flirty humour. He's like a Cha Cha in human form.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:07 am

saxonsiren wrote:
We may not agree on our change of Judge but I love our friendly forum Very Happy  Very Happy ....

cheers cheers cheers
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Judges 2017 - Page 2 Empty No Silver tongued Italian Stallion

Post  Poppetlovestango Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Zoe has said on ITT that Silver tongued Italian Stallion will not be judging tomorrow night due to work commitments.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:Zoe has said on ITT that Silver tongued Italian Stallion will not be judging tomorrow night due to work commitments.

Which means? Who will be first reserve?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 pm

I hope it's not another 'has been' that's only been given a 10 paddle scratch
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm

B4p wrote:I hope it's not another 'has been' that's only been given a 10 paddle scratch

Donny Osmond's available I hear, but please...... not Vernon Kay..... study

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:44 pm

According to the BBC website there will be no replacement. However they could use Aston as he is an experienced dance judge.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm

lol!
CaledonianCraig wrote:According to the BBC website there will be no replacement. However they could use Aston as he is an experienced dance judge.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:06 am

What a strange night.

Why give the judges 10 paddles when they only use 2 or three?

Why give detailed critiques praising the dancers, then give low scores?

How did Alexandra get one more point than Davood? Why mention 'being picky' just with her?

Why so many ties on the board? Why not just strike a Strictly silver coin and toss that instead?

Why has Br uno decided to shack up at L en's place in LA for the week?

Why has Cr aig's botox worn off so quickly?

Did Cr aig decide in advance to 'channel Br uno' on Ruth's dance or was it random?

Next week's Halloween, so all the current craziness is likely to get worse affraid
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 am

I feel B.runo looking for better deal in USA and possibly knowing sands of time turning against him?
3 judges do not work only odd number would work is 5! A guest judge or a "pack of lard sitting on judges desk " would have worked. H IGNFY did it when guest Roy H couldn'take it Mad Laughing

Alex has had a few ringer stories so out come the picky bits ie just noticing the pigeon toes she had last week (3=10's No )

Think C,raig went for opportunity and to remind viewers he is human!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 am

saxonsiren wrote:

Think C,raig went for opportunity and to remind viewers he is human!

It's easy for us all to forget that he's an actor and director as well. "Over the top" is easy for him - he's playing Miss Hannigan in Annie just now at the Piccadilly Theatre in London - to rave reviews I might add. Obviously the understudy goes on in place of him on Saturdays. Lucky understudy!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 pm

On the one hand it was good the judges got to give more detailed critiques. On the other, I hate that 3 scores only adds to the number of ties. And can you imagine the devastation if any couple had seen three 10s go up for their dance? No court in the land would've convicted them for murdering B.runo Very Happy

lol! @ your Aston comment, CC.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:38 am

Well my sum-up word for tonight's judging is spikey.

Usually it's the week after Halloween that the judges start to mark down and nitpick, but it started with Alexandra last week, and by this week, the nitpick disease has gone viral. Very little constructive praise. Lot's of distructive criticism with tinges of favouritism showing. Twood seem that the favourites for the final have had their tickets punched, unless the public throws a spanner in the works.

Cr aig. Even with his joker smile he still looked murderous. Cheer up man, and throw a lifeline to some of the strugglers. It must be soul destroying to work your butt off all week for hardly any credit.

Darcey - Where's 'Ya-Ya' Darcey from the first series gone? What have you done with her, and can Strictly afford the ransom? Man, she's actually stringing some sensible sentences along. You go girl. I know you like a good top-line, but your vocal lines have improved beyond recognition. A good mix of the critical and positive encouragement. Well done and keep it up.

Shirl the twirl - Miss frosty pants tonight. Criticising the contestants for the Pros choreography (Janette & Nadiya) is just not on. The destroyer of Davood, now please give him one more chance and bring him back to life. Nitpicks Alexandra & Mollie, but never Debbie or Ruth? Cruella indeed.

Br uno - What's he on? He sounds like he's been away a month and completely out of touch with the contestants. Hasn't he seen any training VTs? Should have been dressed as the evil step-mother. That Beetlejuice outfit looked like it had been nicked from Pentonville.

As good old Vin cent would say 'Time to turn the frittata'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Tonight's word for the judges - Grumpy. Must be sitting on too many sequins. In general, I found all 4 discouraging, and on occasion downright rude.

Br uno - Rude and dismissive rather than constructive. No positive encouragement for Ruth on the dance off. Everyone knew she was a gonna, but he could have been kinder. The attitude was more like 'why waste your time. Go for a cup of tea whilst Jonnie gets his Blackpool ticket'.

Cr aig - Too much pantomime villain, and it's getting tedious. More light & shade from the judges bench please. The resurrection of his 'dull-dull-dull' comment sent me back years! It was unnecessary. I'm not sure what he expected in a Foxtrot to that Adele tune. He was lucky Oti at least attempted some choreography to it, she could have just borrowed An ton's boaters & canes instead.

Darcey - A bit vapid this week. If she mentions top-line again, I'll pickle me walnuts. Please vary it a bit. She rareley mentions legs or feet, which, for a dancer I find very weird. After all, asking Jonnie to smile is SO dance orientated, whilst joining in the pack to maul Mollie was just too easy.

Shirley - Maybe I watched a different Gemma. I thought Gemma looked more relaxed this week, and she was smiling whilst I was watching her.  Hard comments from Shirley and a few of the others. At least Gemma managed to do a full VW which is more than most contestants have managed so far. She lost a shoe on one of the many pivots this week. No sympathy. Last week her ribs were strapped up and she had several lifts. Give the girl a break.

Why no criticism for Alexandra messing about on the gantry. I don't want to see her warming up hooking a leg over the iron work when Gorka's standing nearby. The AT was ok, and worthy of 9s for me, but not in the same class as Rachel & Vin cent's, or even Karen & Ramps. No atmosphere, no sizzle or connection.

Why no criticism for An ton for time wasting with those stupid hats and canes? Where's the 10 second rule this week?

Why no constructive criticism for budgie? Again, it was good, and 9s for me but not a 10. I don't like all the lifts in the Salsa, it disrupts the Latin flow that the judges are always banging on about. If they put one in next week for their Samba I'll be miffed.

Conversely, surely by week 8 no-one should be worthy of marks less than 5? If so, what have the contestants spent the last 10 weeks learning?

More encouragement please. More constructive criticism please. Cheer up for goodness sake. You're on 'Strictly' not a dancing version of 'Cold Case Review'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Good to hear from you B4p ☺️

I agree that judges comments have gone a little under the belt and it's uncomfortable now.
10 second rule seems to be mentioned when it suits.
I also hated the faffing and messing with legs caressing the balcony rails and stairs. Favourites should also be given a few comments re mistakes in routine or ongoing pigeon toes rather than glossing over them and giving a 10 No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:02 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
10 second rule seems to be mentioned when it suits.
Doesn't it apply to the middle of the dance rather than at the beginning or the end?
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 pm

B4P - you have summed it up perfectly in your post, I agree 100%

I think the '10s' have come out far too early this year (even CRH) and then they don't become special enough - it is as though every time someone does a good dance they feel obliged to throw in a '10' and it just doesn't leave the couples anywhere to go, except down. At the other end of the scale how can it be week 8 with '4s' flying around?? Everyone left in has worked very hard to get this far - there needs to be some levelling of the marks at Blackpool and in the weeks after - otherwise we will have perfect '40s' every week until the final..................... Sleep

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Good rant B4. The judges seemed overly lenient and gushy with some and ripped others to shreds. There needed to be more of a happy medium.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:19 am

Evil or Very Mad I'm NOT happy. I have my rantpants on, and I know how to use them Evil or Very Mad

Today's question is WHY?

Why has Claudia got a seagull stuck on her head? Does it enhance the show? NO. Just stop it. It's a ridiculous waste of a naturally funny woman.

Why do Alexandra and Debbie never get any constructive or negative feedback from the judges? Have they got Strictly immunity or something?

Why is Spatchcock still praised beyond compare, even when for the first time ever, she's been placed halfway down the scoreboard?

Why, when Gemma loses a shoe on a fleckerl she's crucified, but when Budgie hops and wobbles, with no real latin hip action or rhythm, the judges all stay quiet and go judge-blind.

But most of all - Why do the judges keep picking on a distinguished disabled athlete?

Evil or Very Mad I'm ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED with all of the judges treatment of Jonnie tonight.  Evil or Very Mad

Judges that constantly remark on a contestant's centre of balance, footwork, their core, knees that flex, heel and toe leads, but show that they are all completely ignorant, and know absolutely JACKSHIT about real anatomy and physiology. Their total lack of understanding of Jonnie's everyday challenges and problems, particularly learning to dance, is beyond breathtaking.

Re-posted from the Polls thread from last week.
I don't think he can improve his posture much more. He's been used to propelling himself forward by bending forward, and using his gluteus maximus for power for most of his life.  I guess after 20 years of doing that, his pelvic ligaments have lengthened at the back, and shortened at the front. I doubt he could stand much straighter, yet alone change his centre of balance (particularly whilst dancing) without risk of falling. I think it's a physiological problem that he's adapted too, rather than him ignoring the judges advice.

Why keep embarrassing Jonnie over a physical handicap he can do nothing about?
Why embarrass him week after week on National Television, in front of his family and friends?
Why continue to make unhelpful comments, and rub salt into his discomfort?
Where is his praise? We should be celebrating what he does do.

Shirley - banging on about 'finding his centre, and to stand up straight'.
His bloody 'centre' is HIS BUM. He could stand up straight, if he didn't have to dance at the same time.

Br uno -  'leaning over Oti like a tower of Pisa'.
Cheap attack, getting a laugh on someone who would find it very difficult to stand upright whilst moving, yet alone to get the 'shaping' of many of the dances.

Cr aig - 'A bit Stompy'.
FFS, the man has a false lower leg. Don't expect heel leads from someone with one foot, and a prosthetic lower limb that has no ankle articulation!

Darcey - 'Knees need to be lower to get that stalking action. Posture needs strengthening'.
How is he supposed to bend lower in the knees, without his main driver (his bum) sticking out?

When he did knee slides and walks on his Paso week - no praise from the judges, although it must have been pretty painful for him.
For weeks he had blisters on his stump. He never asks for sympathy. Yet we hear endlessly each week about Spatchcock needing a massage, or a warm bath.
He's one of the youngest.
He never makes excuses. (unlike a lot of the other more able dancers). Oti never makes excuses for having to adapt her foot positions when he uses his blade.
He never answers back, except once, to make a self deprecating joke that went completely over Shirley's head.
Give the man (especially someone who has represented our country so well in the Paralympics) some respect.

I don't think he's fed up of dancing. More likely he's fed up of listening to jerks like our Strictly judges, who are too thick to realise, that they're actually discriminating against someone unable to (in Cr aigs' words) 'take their corrections and use them'

Oti - you have my full permission to deck them all, and kick 'em in the cod piece.  Forget the contestant's Paso Doble-thon. Instead, let's see all 4 judges dance a Paso Doble using one leg only. Now that would be entertaining.

Tonight, I have lost a lot of respect for the 4 judges. They've sickened me.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 am

B4p wrote:Evil or Very Mad I'm NOT happy. I have my rantpants on, and I know how to use them Evil or Very Mad

Today's question is WHY?

Why has Claudia got a seagull stuck on her head? Does it enhance the show? NO. Just stop it. It's a ridiculous waste of a naturally funny woman.
[...]
But most of all - Why do the judges keep picking on a distinguished disabled athlete?

Evil or Very Mad I'm ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED with all of the judges treatment of Jonnie tonight.  Evil or Very Mad

Judges that constantly remark on a contestant's centre of balance, footwork, their core, knees that flex, heel and toe leads, but show that they are all completely ignorant, and know absolutely JACKSHIT about real anatomy and physiology. Their total lack of understanding of Jonnie's everyday challenges and problems, particularly learning to dance, is beyond breathtaking.

[...]

Oti - you have my full permission to deck them all, and kick 'em in the cod piece.  Forget the contestant's Paso Doble-thon. Instead, let's see all 4 judges dance a Paso Doble using one leg only. Now that would be entertaining.

Tonight, I have lost a lot of respect for the 4 judges. They've sickened me.

That it quite a rant B4p, and I must say there is nothing in it I can disagree with. Good for you for expressing what a lot of us feel.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 am

I am in no way sticking up for the judges but Jonnie's posture is awful. It may very well be down to his disability but I don't think it is. His posture was not so much of an issue at the start of the series. It may be that the pressure is on now and he realizes he has to up his game and is putting in so much effort the side effects are the posture is going.

I do realize the judges round on weaknesses when they see the dancer as the weakest left in the contest. Heck Ann Widdecombe got it for her size as have others in the past. It is their way of getting across they think that the celebs time to go has come.

When Jonnie agreed to take part in the show his disability was not an issue and I don't see that it is now. I just think that he has gone as far as he can and his time to go is now. No disgrace given we are at the halfway mark.

On another note about judges B.runo made a gaff last night. Gushing praise onto Debbie saying she's never danced better and then gave her a 9 when he has awarded her 10s in the past.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next