Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

+8
Tappingfeet
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
diamondsandpearls
Sid
mauveangel09
B4p
saxonsiren
12 posters

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 20 Empty Re: Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Sid, Sax and other Monkseal followers - when does his full run down come out? I'm getting impatient!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 20 Empty Re: Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm

I thought it was Saturday after the show?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Sid, Sax and other Monkseal followers - when does his full run down come out? I'm getting impatient!
It's on his blog page diamonds

https://monkseal.wordpress.com
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 20 Empty Re: Strictly 17 a little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

B4p wrote:
I beleive Vincent helped to choreograph that A. Tango. It certainly had a lot of his signature moves in it. Gorka admitted he hadn't danced an A. Tango before. It's not unusual to get an expert in to help with the choreography in that case. I remember we had Salsa experts in for around 2 full seasons as some of the pros hadn't done that dance either (Housewives choice & Brendan). Those sessions are where a lot of the armography emerged from, and it then turned into a 'tie yourselves in knots' dance. I also think that this is why so many lifts are thrown in, to jazz up poor basic footwork.

Yes - they can get outside help for the dances that are not in the '10' dances - Charleston, AT, salsa. I've always thought that most of the charlestons are choreographed by 'outsiders'. It always intrigues me however as to how many of the pros get help for the other dances - B rendan, A nton, K evin, Alijaz all clearly design their routines, but not sure about some of the other pros? Perhaps they get more help in their first few years if they need it? I've always thought that it is often the new pros over the years who end up with the stylised prop heavy dances to strange music - as though they are somebody else's concept.

I think you are right about the salsa - it is as though it is just in there for the 'lift' value I think. As you say there are different types of salsa developed from the Cuban - Miami, the New York hustle style, etc - none particularly have lifts at their heart.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 20 Empty Re: Strictly 17 a little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 pm

B4p wrote:

It's a 'feel the way' type of thing. I don't think Alexandra can do this. She is a solo artist, not a team player. She's a leader, not a follower. Dance is about feeling. I don't think she can strip things down from an egotistical performance angle, towards feeling truly connected with a partner. She demonstrates fire, zest, energy, strength, leadership, and all the hyper, whizzy-whizzy in your face styles, but I don't think she can show (or act) raw emotion, vulnerability, or establish a more personal connection with her dance partner.

Really good point B4P - she can't do the 'less is more' - quiet and moody stuff.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 pm

B4p wrote:
It's on his blog page diamonds

https://monkseal.wordpress.com

But it's not... yet.... I have refreshed and refreshed but only the summary is up - not the full blow by blow dissection of each dance..  It must take a while to write be fair, but I loved last weeks and the week before's so much I can't WAIT.....!!

OOPs!!!  I've just had another look and realised I was looking for a title - but if you click on SEVENTH BOOT it all comes up!!!  Du-uh!  It was probably there yesterday!

Ah well, now i've got a good read ahead of me... :-)

Thanks for prompting me to have another look B4p - and thus working out my stupidity Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

EDIT: No, I'm not so stupid! The SEVENTH BOOT link takes you to a blurb on voting for each dancer's bestest dance. There is also a summary (a few paragraphs) on both the show and the results show. But so far no dance by dance commentary :-( He must still be writing...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am

allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am

saxonsiren wrote:

Oh no Alls not meant as a stop doing them by hand! I just feel its mentioned less how many stones/crystals? All done by hand! A lot of hard work goes into details and the little hand sewn details make the difference.... ☺️ hugs
flower in fairness Sax I should probably change it to Allgluedonbyhand Laughing doesn't have quite the same ring about it somehow though.... Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:It popped into my inbox this morning D&P
https://monkseal.wordpress.com/2017/11/13/strictly-come-dancing-15-week-8-performance/#more-10587
Enjoy!! Laughing

YES!!!! It came on my pooter too (I've had his blog page open since Sat night, refreshing regularly!) Yay, yay and thrice yay! bounce bounce cheers

Thanks Alls :-) mwah!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am

...and we still have the results show recap to look forward to! cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:...and we still have the results show recap to look forward to! cheers

We do indeed!

BTW - is true he was on ITT once (as filler...) or his that him doing a funny?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:21 am

I watched a Celebrity  The Cube last night on an Irish channel .Presumably it was an old one but I was so impressed by Mollie on it ! She won £100.000  with 4 lives left and did  really well with little fuss . Very Happy

https://www.bhf.org.uk/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2014/june/mollie-king-on-the-cube
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 pm

I watched a celebrity Antique Hunt last night with Budgie and Chesney Hawkes on it. I don't know when it was filmed, but whilst driving in the car, the Expert asked her about her previous ballet experience - didn't she go to Ballet school? I nearly spat my coffee out! Cool as a cucumber she said 'oh it was a very small school', then changed the subject.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

B4p wrote:I watched a celebrity Antique Hunt last night with Budgie and Chesney Hawkes on it. I don't know when it was filmed, but whilst driving in the car, the Expert asked her about her previous ballet experience - didn't she go to Ballet school? I nearly spat my coffee out! Cool as a cucumber she said 'oh it was a very small school', then changed the subject.

The Royal Ballet School would hardly be delighted with her description! Rolling Eyes

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am

jingle wrote:

The Royal Ballet School would hardly be delighted with her description! Rolling Eyes

So by my estimation she was actively involved in ballet for at least four years from 1974 to 1978.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

Which was circa 40 years ago!! Smile I think I can allow her that....................... Smile

I wonder if when the antiques programme was recorded she knew she was going to go onto SCD and was frightened to 'make it all public' about her dance experience at that stage? Just a thought

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Well, we're sort of up at the serious end of things now. I doubt Budgie and the queen of gush will be allowed to leave the magnificent Tower Ballroom floor , so that means a genuine contender will be exiting by rota weekly. Susan and Jonni should effectively be hovering over the trapdoor and, if all goes to plan, Davood, Joe, Mollie and Gemma will be in a four way survival battle. I really have no preference at all amongst the four because they've all done really well in the schoolroom. It will seem very fair for me if this happens because it will be up to all of them to improve beyond the others, just as it should be. I have no interest at all in the experienced ones; I'll probably enjoy the dancing, but in my head they are in a different show. On with it... Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:29 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Which was circa 40 years ago!! Smile   I think I can allow her that....................... Smile

I wonder if when the antiques programme was recorded she knew she was going to go onto SCD and was frightened to 'make it all public' about her dance experience at that stage?    Just a thought

Well it is about the length people spend at secondary eduction and they carry that knowledge through the rest of their lives. It doesn't evaporate away. Granted she did it not realizing 40 odd years later she'd be asked to do Strictly but she shouldn't be trying to play it down and wonder if she pointed it out to producers when she was first contacted about being on the show.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Which was circa 40 years ago!! Smile   I think I can allow her that....................... Smile

I wonder if when the antiques programme was recorded she knew she was going to go onto SCD and was frightened to 'make it all public' about her dance experience at that stage?    Just a thought
I think it must have been recorded recently. I saw another one last night around 7pm that featured Ore and Joanne Clifton. It seems they have been featuring several Strictly people over this week to raise money for tonight's CIN
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm hoping the additional Blackpool Pros don't obscure the camera views. It'll be interesting to see if any former show pros will be in the background like Trent & his wife Gordanna. I wonder if the judges table has some sort of TV link on it, so that they can see the dancers when they are away down the other end of the ballroom. I'm not sure how much footwork they'll see from their desk, especially with all the additional Blackpool hullaballoo
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

B4p wrote:I'm hoping the additional Blackpool Pros don't obscure the camera views. It'll be interesting to see if any former show pros will be in the background like Trent & his wife Gordanna. I wonder if the judges table has some sort of TV link on it, so that they can see the dancers when they are away down the other end of the ballroom. I'm not sure how much footwork they'll see from their desk, especially with all the additional Blackpool hullaballoo

If the judges table is at the Organ end they'll have to reduce the floor space some or they'll need binoculars to see the dancers, never mind their feet. Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 pm

B4p wrote:I'm hoping the additional Blackpool Pros don't obscure the camera views. It'll be interesting to see if any former show pros will be in the background like Trent & his wife Gordanna. I wonder if the judges table has some sort of TV link on it, so that they can see the dancers when they are away down the other end of the ballroom. I'm not sure how much footwork they'll see from their desk, especially with all the additional Blackpool hullaballoo

Yes I agree - I think it was last year where we all felt that the additional dancers obscured some of the views of the couple - can't remember, but hope they are used in the right way. I also seem to recall that for some of the 'non big' dances they seemed to only use part of the ballroom last year?Either the centre part or one end - (bit of a cheat really but I feel sure in recent years this has been the case with some of the dances).

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 20 Empty Re: Strictly 17 a little bit honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Well it is about the length people spend at secondary eduction and they carry that knowledge through the rest of their lives. It doesn't evaporate away. Granted she did it not realizing 40 odd years later she'd be asked to do Strictly but she shouldn't be trying to play it down and wonder if she pointed it out to producers when she was first contacted about being on the show.

I agree CC - she shouldn't have played it down - I think GBP are much more accepting if someone is open about their past but I'm sure the show producers would have been very aware of her background just as they would have been aware that Alexandra (and Aston) have been doing dancing in their day jobs very recently.

The thing is, yes dance training never leaves you, that is true, but time changes everything and what I think is admirable about Debbie is that she has kept her body in a state that she can still do all those lifts and tricks that those half her age are doing, and that for me is an achievement.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Yes mauve her fitness levels and subtlety for her age is unbelievable.If the glitterball is to go to a ringer this year then I'd sooner it went to Debbie.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 pm

After the training clips on ITT I think Davood may have a problem with his Blackpool paso. His footwork looks soft, almost skippy, rather than assertive (ha, he'll probably prove me wrong and smash it tomorrow).

I always think Blackpool favours the quickstep, so expecting Alexandra to top the table.

Really looking forward to the show tomorrow, hope the judges can rein in their negativity.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next