Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 4 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  Sid Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Tappingfeet wrote:
And for you Sid , well  Louis reminds me of  itchy scratchy  wool , when I knit it it irritates and annoys and makes me roll my eyes ! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Maybe you could knit him something Tapping....out of barbed wire.

mauveangel09 wrote:  I really disliked her  Embarassed  Embarassed I don't know why??

It's when she blurted out on her very her first ITT that she was expecting 10s on week one. Now, I look back and think so effing what? Good for her!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:44 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Scott and Nathalie would have been two worthy winners in my book -  they produced some SCD classic routines - such a pity that he  'burned out........................... one of those great SCD 'what ifs' xxx
Totally agree. We need another SCcccccccotttttttttttt.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:16 am

Whispers I miss Colin Jackson, Austin Healey, Jay & Tom Chambers ! Runs off!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:01 pm

B4p wrote:
Totally agree. We need another SCcccccccotttttttttttt.

Just to hear B.runo say Ssssccccccotttttt!

saxonsiren wrote:Whispers I miss Colin Jackson,  Austin Healey, Jay &  Tom Chambers !   Runs off!

Colin and Austinwuzrobbed you can bring up as often as you like sax but let's never speak of Tom got-married-during-the-show-didn't-you-know Chambers ever again Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 4 Empty Re:It Takes Two 2017

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 pm

I really really like Neil and Chloe but I don't think they are a good fit for Choreography Corner - as current dancers in the show they've obviously and rightly got a lot of loyalty to their colleagues and I think they would find it very difficult to be totally honest about performances, in a way that those who are unconnected to the show can be Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 pm

100% agree with you mauve. They were too gushy for my liking ("I LOVED the floor spin!" - errr, no Neil, that's not the right answer).

I think at one point Chloe did sort of hint at too much content in Joe's Cha Cha but it was towards the end of her assessment of him and Katya and she didn't elaborate.

GOOD NEWS: QUEEN NATALIE HERSELF DOES CC NEXT WEEK cheers
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Fantastic News!!!!!!! All hail to the Queen of the Ballroom.......... cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 am

I hate the tacky "Demo Time" music,hookah happy clappy tune /VT title that has crept into choreography corner. Love Chloe & Neil but with partners on SCD they cannot give any Lil truths away as current dancers in group dance only...

Wonder how Ian has managed to be diplomatic yet a little critical to over the years & not replaced? Possibly keeps one foot in the door with the bosses and the other with the public?

I'm waiting for ITT to take off for me.. possibly when down to 6 couples ill enjoy it a little more.. Please can we have a golden dances section from SCD series? Love to see a great dance revived and possibly interview with the couple as well.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:47 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

Wonder how Ian has managed to be diplomatic yet a little critical to over the years & not replaced? Possibly keeps one foot in the door with the bosses and the other with the public?

I think he's got such a nice way with him - he can make constructive comments without being offensive. I've noticed that when he thinks the couple is not very good he always adds the words '.....but this footage was of course from very early in the week'....... lol!

I'm so rooting for Joe and Katya this week - a dream track, no other paso being done and a couple with real potential - I hope he shines this week and the training looked good on the VT tonight.

Gemma and Alijaz also looked impressive in training I think - some good dance content. I hope that Susan does well - I worry a bit that the cha cha will be v similar to the samba that they did - whilst wonderwoman was fine for theme week, I think the judges will be expecting a bit more cha cha technique from a week 5 dance so hope that she can achieve this.

Simon and Karen..............props!.............say no more..................... affraid

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43 pm

He does say things so positively. .. Props! Omg why... Has Karen stopped wanting to have chef's snacks....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Sid wrote:

Just to hear B.runo say Ssssccccccotttttt!

Colin and Austinwuzrobbed you can bring up as often as you like sax but let's never speak of Tom got-married-during-the-show-didn't-you-know Chambers ever again Very Happy

Absolutely Sid!

Agree also about Scott and Natalie (Nathalie??? So many ways to spell names - even Johnny/Jonni/Jonny/Jonnie/Johnnie.... !) and Natalie per se, as in, I didn't like her in first series as she seemed so agressively competitive but grew to respect, appreciate and love her for her brilliant treaching skills and choreogrpahy. That si why, although YASB is firmly in my Agins for crimes against pure ballroom, ie bring sleaze and lust into every routine, I have a nasty suspicion that she may win me over in a future series with a diferent partner. I think shouty Amy may always be shouty Amy and Little Miss Rapberry Hair will only be serious when she has a serious contendah.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Sorry - being thick. Why "YASB"? What does it stand for? I've obviously missed out somewhere.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 pm

I'm not liking all the whooping and heckling during Ian's commentaries - its ok now and again but its difficult to concentrate - I was pleased when they quietened down a bit today but hope it doesn't go on - it's not needed. So hope that Joe does well this week - I agree with S id that he is Mr. Inconsistency at the moment but that's not necessarily negative at this stage and makes it a bit interesting - but hope he goes on an 'upward trajectory' (to borrow a word from S id) from now on...... Very Happy and that he realizes his potential. Thought Kevin was being a bit too self-publicising on the show tonight - but Susan is so genuine.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 am

I dislike the Tacky music and antics re "Demo Time " that has crept into choreography corner... Why are we being subjected to Kids Shouty manic style presenting style on ITT... I wish canned laughter, whoops and he ha's taken out of tv shows..... It's giving me a really nasty headache and a wish to turn the programme off..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 pm

So a couple of ITT catch-up comments...

"Gio loved his delivery man outfit and we could do anything we wanted backstage afterwards..." I love Debbie and Gio toying with us and each other with all their suggestion and innuendo. It could quite easily become awkward and embarrassing (think Pamela and James) but I don't find it to be so. It makes me laugh.

I only caught about 3% of Joe and Katya's interview what with being completely transfixed by her curtain-tie ear rings. But I'm sure I heard Joe mention a kilt...please don't tell me I imagined this...

YASB seems obsessed with calling her and Davood's dance a *proper* Jive. She said it on the training clip and when Zoe asked them about whether they were daunted by the prospect of following Alex's. Is YASB being shady?!

And yes, it's gotten too rowdy.

Twirlie wrote:Sorry - being thick. Why "YASB"? What does it stand for? I've obviously missed out somewhere.

Twirlie, diamonds coined the term "Yet Another Slinky Blonde" for Nadiya Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Sid wrote:

Twirlie, diamonds coined the term "Yet Another Slinky Blonde" for Nadiya Very Happy

Ah - how apt! Thanks for the explanation!!!
Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:01 am

Aljaz has a personality change this year .I love Aljaz but he seems to be trying far too hard to be funny and all I can see now is his wide mouth Joker grin .Once seen it cannot be unseen

Laughing
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Still a bit puzzled by the three judges thing? Are the powers afraid a sub might upset the applecart by not following the plot? Surely, Karen Hardy, Ian Waite, Erin, etc etc could have stepped in and done a one-off. Even Brendan, now he's out, could have stepped up and......no, maybe not then. Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Twirlie wrote:Sorry - being thick. Why "YASB"? What does it stand for? I've obviously missed out somewhere.

Sorry Twirlie - that was a bit rude of me. It's a term I coined for Nadiya/Nadia/Nadya and stands for Yet Another Slinky Blonde. I had been putting the whole title after the initials - but then Tango started using YASB and well... if Tango takes up the baton of something one presumes one has arrived!

But no more initials on their own from me I promise - I totally understand how annoying it is! And sincere apologies Embarassed It won;t happen again....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:08 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Sorry Twirlie - that was a bit rude of me.  It's a term I coined for Nadiya/Nadia/Nadya and stands for Yet Another Slinky Blonde.  I had been putting the whole title after the initials - but then Tango started using YASB and well... if Tango takes up the baton of something one presumes one has arrived!

But no more initials on their own from me I promise - I totally understand how annoying it is!  And sincere apologies Embarassed  It won;t happen again....

Don't apologise - I love it and fully intend to use no other nomenclature for said young lady from now on!!!! It suits her so well too. Very Happy Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Still a bit puzzled by the three judges thing? Are the powers afraid a sub might upset the applecart by not following the plot? Surely, Karen Hardy, Ian Waite, Erin, etc etc could have stepped in and done a one-off. Even Brendan, now he's out, could have stepped up and......no, maybe not then. Twisted Evil

According to the DS, L en is still working in America on DWTS with Br uno. Maybe in the next year or so Br uno will just work from there too. One of the red tops was saying he was getting tired of the Pro dancers answering back, as well as the transatlantic travel. I think he's missing L en and has gone to chill out for a week with him.

I don't think Bren dan could go on the judging panel in the same series he's been competing in, and certainly not sitting next to Shirl the twirl without bloodshed. Ian would be a good sub I think.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:34 am

I think the B runo thing is a bit weird.  They keep saying that it was planned but I feel that had that been the case they would surely have arranged a 'guest' judge as they have always done this in the past when these sort of things happen and they seem to like doing this generally (even if we don't usually like the replacements!!!).  Also it isn't ideal to have only 3 judges for the scores, as we saw tonight.   It really seemed as though it wasn't planned - perhaps he is ill or tired out with the transatlantic stuff?   Don't want to lose B runo to DWTS as we have lost L en - what is it with the American show that they prefer over SCD? Sad   (money??)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

mauve - I laughed to myself when I read "Show bosses have decided not to replace B.runo" cos it was so blatantly their way of saying Donny and Jennifer had been shite!

Tappingfeet wrote:Aljaz  has a personality change this year .I love Aljaz but he seems to be trying far too hard to be funny and all I can see  now is his wide mouth Joker grin .Once seen it cannot be unseen

Laughing

He's lovely and a gent and clearly a great teacher but yes the same thoughts crossed my mind Tapping. One of his jokey moments on ITT this week fell really flat and I cringed badly - just need Aljaz to chill a bit (with the fist pumps an' all). I've always thought he has the look of a ventriloquist's dummy myself Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Sid wrote:He's lovely and a gent and clearly a great teacher but yes the same thoughts crossed my mind Tapping. One of his jokey moments on ITT this week fell really flat and I cringed badly - just need Aljaz to chill a bit (with the fist pumps an' all). I've always thought he has the look of a ventriloquist's dummy myself Very Happy
I think he's got 'in' with Gio & Gorka who seem to be the young rowdies. I thought all 3 were training fairly near to each other. I should imagine most of the other pro males are in bed fairly early with their cocoa! Kevins in Scotland most of the week so he's behaving himself (or not) north of the border.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:36 pm

B4p wrote:
I think he's got 'in' with Gio & Gorka who seem to be the young rowdies. I thought all 3 were training fairly near to each other. I should imagine most of the other pro males are in bed fairly early with their cocoa! Kevins in Scotland most of the week so he's behaving himself (or not) north of the border.

Yes they're a bad influence on each other! I mean that light-heartedly of course. At least they're good teachers / choreographers which is more than can be said for Janette and Karen who act like playschoolers AND do poor routines.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next