Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Dances of the Series

+3
CaledonianCraig
jingle
mauveangel09
7 posters

Go down

Your Dances of the Series Empty Your Dances of the Series

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:51 pm

So which are the ones that we will still be watching on Youtube in years to come???

Mine would be:

Patrick's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Charleston
Susanna's Paso
Sophie's Viennese Waltz, Charleston and American Smooth
A shley's samba ( best samba of the series)
Natalie's Showdance
Abby's 'Cabaret' Charleston

I'm sorry that we didn't see many Argentine Tangos this year - out of the three who did it, I would rate Natalie first - Sophie second- Susanna third.

I'm interested in hearing what your stand-out dances were for this year...............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Your Dances of the Series Empty Re: Your Dances of the Series

Post  jingle Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:05 pm

The stand-out dance of the series for me was Sophie's charleston - in my opinion the best one we've seen on Strictly. And so unexpected too, being in week 2.

Halloween week produced my other favourite dances - Patrick's witch-doctor quickstep which was just fabulous, and Natalies lady-in-the-lake viennese waltz, which just typified her and Artems style.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Yes - the Witch Doctor quickstep was very special.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:53 pm

The two that stand out in my mind were Susanna's Paso and Patrick's Charleston. Will need to have another look at some of those dances mentioned earlier which I cannot fully recall.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Another to agree loved Pateick's quick step & Suzanna's paso. I liked Sophie's Charleston & I have a love of Mark's hammer dance!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Mark's Hammer Cha Cha
Abbey's waltz, Viennese Waltz and American Smooth
Sophie's Charleston
Natalie's Showdance, Cha Cha and Salsa
Patrick's samba
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:43 pm

I had forgotten about Nathalie's brilliant Salsa from last week.............definitely a memorable one.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 am

My favourite in each category:

American Smooth - Patrick & Anya's

Argentine Tango - Natalie & Artem's

Cha Cha Cha - Mark & Iveta's

Charleston - Sophie & Brendan's

Foxtrot - Sophie & Brendan's

Jive - Susanna & Kevin's

Paso Doble - Sophie & Brendan's

Quickstep - Deborah & Robin's

Rumba - Sophie & Brendan's

Salsa - Natalie & Artem's

Samba - Natalie & Artem's

Tango - Abbey & Aljaz's

Viennese Waltz - Sophie & Brendan's

Waltz - Susanna & Kevin's
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Gosh, off the top of my head:

Waltz: Susanna and Kevin

Charleston: Sophie and Brendan

Paso: Susanna and Kevin

Showdance: Natalie and Artem

Rumba: Natalie and Artem

This is strange coming from an Abbey/Sophie supporter that I didn't have the fav dance in Abbey's name. But I generally like all of Abbey's routines saved a few (didn't really like the cha-cha or the rumba).
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 pm

I know it might be bit early to bump up this thread - but anyone care to have a think about what have been their favourites and which ones you think you will remember in future years???

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:41 am

Great idea mauve, I notice we didn't do it last year Sad

The ones I'll rewatch in years to come:

Anita & Gleb's Paso: Just for the pure theatrics and over-the-topnesss of it. GAY-MAY-ZING!!!

Georgia & Giovanni's Samba: Not a huge fan of GG but I was of this. For once, the 'faffing about' at the start was used to good effect. The pair of them bursting into dance after the serene start was brilliantly impactful. I loved the song, the choreography, everything.

Jay & Aliona's Jive: The iconic dance of this series.

Kellie & Kevin's American Smooth: Had been fairly meh about these two until this. A classic and beautiful AS, full of charm and pizzazz. Kellie truly sparkled for the first time.

Katie & A.nton's Tango: Oh what hopes we had after this. I was transfixed. Unfortunately, Katie never quite fulfilled her early promise. She's still been glorious in moments but never consistently.

Helen & Aljaz's Foxtrot: Helen captured Marilyn perfectly, she was relaxed and in her element. And she looked gorgeous.

Jez & Karen's Salsa: No explanation needed Wink
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:08 pm

I'll put mine up now - I really want everyone to post here because it is good to see all our different views but feel free to wait until the weekend of course Very Happy (some of ours are the same S id)

Anita and Gleb's Paso Like S id said - it really was such a spectacle and I could watch it again and again - I love the music and felt this really was her dance - it also stood out in a year of quite poor pasos although most of them were fighting against unsuitable music - but not this one!!! Probably my dance of the season for all round enjoyment.

Georgia and Giovanni's Samba A really great samba - and there haven't been many memorable ones over the years. I think it was one of her breakthrough dances and it was so well done and to me proved she was proficient in both latin as well as ballroom.

Jay and Aliona's Jive His finest hour. Will surely go down as one of the all time classics.

Georgia and Giovanni's Charleston Brilliant.........another unforgettable one.

K ellie and Kevins American Smooth Hesitated over putting this one down as I wondered whether I liked it so much because I didn't really find any of the other dances outstanding in the semi-final - but on watching it again, it was pretty special - they got Fred and Ginger really well, it was the sort of dance I have been expecting all season from K atie and A nton but haven't quite got it.

Here are some more unexpected ones-

Katie and A nton's Jive Yes I know it was week one but this will always stand out in my mind because it was such a surprise!!! the feeling that A nton actually had a decent partner was joyous and I love 'Roll Over Beethoven' - I think she did a great job in this one.

Katie and A nton's Rumba Rumbas rarely stand out but this one did to me - it was very classic, skilled and very watchable. I loved it and thought it was undermarked - one of the best - if not the best- rumba of the season for me and right at the top of my favourite dance list.

Anita and Gleb's Hallowe'en WaltzThe costumes were really memorable but so was the dance.

Peter and Janette's Charleston yes really............I thought this excellent.

It seems to have been a real series for the Charlestons and Quicksteps this year - once again, I would have liked to have seen more Argentine Tangos in the latter half of the competition (only 3 this year)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Memorable dances for me in this series were:-

Jay and Aliona's Jive.

Kellie and Kevin's American Smooth.

Georgia and Giovanni's Waltz.

Katie and Anoton's American Smmoth at Blackpool.

Anita's Paso at Blackpool.

Kelie and Kevin's dance on movie night to Star Wars.

Kellie and Kevin's Waltz to Ooom Pah Pah. It would not have looked at all out of place in a West End production of Oliver.

Those are the ones that immediately spring to mind.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Just thought I would bump up this one as some people seem to be saying goodbye already?? Please don't all go just yet santa I'm sure we'll have some more discussion tomorrow?
What were your stand-out dances this year?? What are the ones you will remember?

For me:
Ore and Joanne
Show Dance, Jive and American Smooth
Louise and Kevin
Argentine Tango and American Smooth to 'Hey Big Spender'
Danny and Oti
Samba and the Charleston at Blackpool
Claudia and AJ
Quickstep - one of the best - hope it won't be forgotten
Laura and Giovanni
Tango to 'Paint it Black' - this one will really stick in my mind
Waltz - in the early weeks - where she wore the lime green dress - one of the best
Ed and Katya
Gangnam of course..........but......I was entranced by their 'Samba' on movie week it was so different and done so well and I will always remember that Farmer Giles style Charleston that they did on the second week as that is when I realized the man could dance!

Whilst I don't think they'll go down as 'classics' I really enjoyed the medieval American Smooth that that Greg and Nat did and also his Paso Doble which I think was one of the best, if not the best paso of the season - it had some complex choreography with which he coped well. I loved his Blackpool quickstep because I think it was one of his best performances and then he went out (boo hoo)

Finally.............. I loved Anastacia's quick step that she did with Gorka to 'Chicago is my kind of town'. (sorry B rendan).

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down