Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who will go next week?

+2
B4p
saxonsiren
6 posters

Go down

Who will go?

who will go next week? Vote_lcap57%who will go next week? Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
who will go next week? Vote_lcap29%who will go next week? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
who will go next week? Vote_lcap14%who will go next week? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
who will go next week? Vote_lcap0%who will go next week? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
who will go next week? Vote_lcap0%who will go next week? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

who will go next week? Empty who will go next week?

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Hiya so I've been watching however it's all felt a little different this year. It's taken me a while to warm up and get into it. clown affraid then realising I'd forgotten our gorgeous forum and polls.

So I'll add a little poll with a few couples on so we can guess dance off pair's.
Nicola for me needs to embrace the SCD experience and even soft cat suits and all in one outfits that O.la and Flavia wore could soften her appearance. I want to see more than Boxing stance,steps and references.
Not sure if I have clicked with Hvy or Maisie
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

who will go next week? Empty Week 4 Polls

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:32 pm

I've voted for Nicola.
I really don't think she'll go much further. I'm surprised how heavy and flat footed she is. She admitted she'd got a lot to remember this week with the jive and props, but when compared to Harry Judd & Aliona doing the same dance to the same music, Katya couldn't have made it much simpler.
B4p
B4p

diamondsandpearls likes this post

Back to top Go down

who will go next week? Empty Re: who will go next week?

Post  jingle Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:59 pm

I almost voted Nicola, but in the end opted for Caroline. I find her routines a little forgettable, and not even the wonderful Johannes can resolve that.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

who will go next week? Empty Re: Who will go this week

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:55 pm

I voted for Nicola for the reasons that you have all said - but I'm not 100% sure - we are still in that 'anything can happen' phase I think. Jamie needs to do well this week to prove that it wasn't just a bounce back vote that he got. Not sure about Caroline - I think that she will be doing another precise elegant n umber - no complaints about that but it will add fuel to the fire as far as the judges are concerned who clearly want to see her tackle another style that would enable her to give it some more 'welly' - we'll have to see what GBP think...

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:22 pm

B4p wrote:I've voted for Nicola.
I really don't think she'll go much further. I'm surprised how heavy and flat footed she is. She admitted she'd got a lot to remember this week with the jive and props, but when compared to Harry Judd & Aliona doing the same dance to the same music, Katya couldn't have made it much simpler.

Can't really add anything to this - I agree entirely.

I did wonder about Jamie, but he does have a natural exhuberance, and if he weren't with Karen I think he could pick up a bit more dance technique. I do feel at least he is very much himself when he is on ITT's sofa (he is, of course, very used to cameras on him and being able to act as normal...) and he is quite funny and self-deprecating. So I'm saving him for a bit.

I also wondered about Caroline - I do feel she is holding herself back performance wise for whatever reason. But I think the dreamier dances will suit that reserve and I love seeing her and Johannes interact with each other that i am reluctant to let them go.

So Nicola it is. I think she is probably very lovely, but I don't feel we have seen the real Nicola - she is overshadowed by Katya on ITT's sofa and seems to be spouting out what sounds like scripted soundbites and trying to be all bigging it up. I suspect she is quite quiet and reserved and I'd rather see that side of her. I think Katya was expecting someone more able to get to grips with dance - like Bill - than Nicola actually is. And I feel she hasn;t geared herself up to be the patient teacher she needs to be to get the best out of Nicola.

(I seem to have added quite a lot...!!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:53 am

I don't think Nicola will go a lot further but I think Jaimie will go this week. Last week he scored getting the Charleston - a goofy sort of a dance where intricate, finer details are not really an issue. Back to a normal dance this week and we know he does not have crowd support so I'd be very surprised if he survives much longer.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

who will go next week? Empty Re: Who will go next week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote: I think Jaimie will go this week. Last week he scored getting the Charleston - a goofy sort of a dance where intricate, finer details are not really an issue. Back to a normal dance this week and we know he does not have crowd support so I'd be very surprised if he survives much longer.

I kind of thought this.....although I voted for Nicola in the poll. I would like to think that he can stay in the contest a bit longer though.

I agree with all the comments about Katya perhaps getting something different than what she bargained for in Nicola, in terms of ability. They do seem to get on well but all of Katya's other partners even if they haven't been that brilliant at dancing have been uber confident (and/or comedic in some cases - Ed Balls and Mike B) and able to cope with her sometimes 'out there' choreography - which I really like but somehow feel she needs a different approach with Nicola - which has already been commented upon here. There always seems to be the assumption that sports people are going to be good at this and whilst a lot of them really do push themselves to succeed - others just aren't so good ultimately - like any other of the celebs.

Agree Diamonds - a more straightforward dance executed well is what is needed now. Unfortunately the same sex partnership on 'Dancing on Ice' last winter didn't really match up to all the hype and they didn't really hit the right note with the choreography - hope this one isn't going the same way.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:11 pm

[quote="mauveangel09"]

It's interesting isn't it, how the idea of two people who happen to be the same gender dancing with each other becomes a HUGE big thing choreographically. When basically it is about doing a decent ballroom and latin routine, and you just need to decide who is going to lead (ONE leader per dance please - that interchangin leads in the QS did my head in) and then get on with it. They are trying to make it complicated and tricksy when it needn't be. It's just two people dancing. I imagine it was similar with DOI (though less bother about who is leading maybe?)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

who will go next week? Empty Re: Who will go this week

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:03 pm

You still have a lead in Ice Dance and someone who is doing the lifts - I think you are right Diamonds, they just need to forget what gender they are and do a good dance...............

However, that's all been cut short now for SCD hasn't it? Even though none of us thought that Nicola would last much longer I didn't want it to happen this way......................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down