Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 6 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Just seems a weird storyline and not one id expect from Steve. Who is the mystery insider who dished out the information?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:18 pm

I read the headline in the online DM earlier but didn't read the article. At the time I assumed it was one of those tongue in cheek articles, designed to get a bit of publicity.

However, following on from Sax's earlier post I have now read the article. Quite shocking if it's true! Lots of people assume that bullying is a physical thing - but it's the mental kind that is possibly even crueler. Am sure that everybody will be watching body language tonight. Don't know what it will mean vote-wise. Will people give Steve a sympathy vote to keep him in, or not vote so that he can get away from O la???  

However, if it is true, could producers consider giving him a new partner? Natalie maybe?

Interesting!!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Ooh Natalie as new partner? Only happen if O.la ill or injured. True thou Lualen words said in a nasty,hurtful,bittrt tone can really do damage to a persons confidence.Bruises,broken bones people can see but not the internal damage words can do to a person.You are left bewildered,constantly checking your own words,feelings of being useless/unworthy,feeling its your fault they say these things,guilt and unhappiness set in Mad
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:46 pm

I haven't read the article but if its the online Mail then it seems to have a couple of writers that are constantly going for either O la or Kristina.

Just by-the-by, Tristan (in his interview for the macmaniacs this week) mentioned something about celebs asking other Pros for dance help and that he wouldn't like it if his celeb did that, or feel comfortable if another celeb asked him for specific dance help.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:07 pm

First a confession Ive never been a great fan of Simon however Ive voted for Simon tonight.I did like the dance enough this week to save him
Ok now rant CAMERA work SHODDY,POOR and AMATEURISH! No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

I didn't know there was some silly article about Steve and O.la's spat! Maybe it's a good thing!

Just finished the show, here are my ten-word-or-less review of each couple (with scores, I scored them before the judges did):

1. Simon & Kristina's Quickstep - Slight mistakes but good energy. 7.5

2. Caroline & Pasha's Waltz - Excellent body contact but no heel leads and slight mistake! 7.5

3. Jake & Janette's Rumba - Polite performance, looks blocky in places, good hip action. 6.5

4. Judy & A.nton's Paso Doble - Silly music, no shaping, spatula hands, forgettable. 4.5

5. Sunetra & Brendan - Much improved topline but occasional gapping. 7

6. Alison & Alijaz' Charleston - Plodding at first, but energy picked up at the end. 6

7. Mark & Karen's Waltz - Wedding dance worthy, but a little twee. 7.5

8. Frankie & Kevin's Samba - Slight hesitation but effective double-bounce for a difficult routine. 8

9. Pixie & Trent's Foxtrot - Quirky but beautifully executed foxtrot, wow! 8.5

10. Steve & O.la's Paso Doble - Daft XF-esque music, 'too' aggressive in places, fluid knee walks. 7

Last edited by cellar-door on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:13 pm

saxonsiren wrote:First a confession Ive never been a great fan of Simon however Ive voted for Simon tonight.I did like the dance enough this week to save him
Ok now rant CAMERA work SHODDY,POOR and AMATEURISH! No

I voted for Sunetra, Caroline and Frankie. Sunetra's foxtrot could have been sublime, but I don't know what went wrong which spooked her! Part of me wanted her to be in the dance-off to correct her mistakes (like what I wished for Steve last week to redeem himself for his mistakes in the charleston), but I am afraid Caroline and Jake (together with Sunetra) might be in danger tonight.

To add, Simon was suprisingly good tonight. He seems more relaxed on such a fiendishly difficult routine. Maybe he prefers fast dances?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Sid wrote:Gosh I've no idea what to make of it all. The story's in the Mail which isn't the most reliable of sources! Will be interesting to see what Steve & put a vest on you strumpet's body language is like tonight...

Steven didn't show his teeth when he smiled tonight, which was unusual, normally he had this cheesy boyish grin. But otherwise, I thought they looked alright together tonight! Don't know what DM was trying to say, excrement-stirring methinks...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Well a better show this week back to floaty dresses and tails on the Gentlemen!

Simon and Kristina 8
not my favourite couple but I liked it enough to give him my vote.For me he does all the moves but lacks something for me.Loved Kristina's dress and Simon's expressions in the dance.Camera work omg I WANT to see the couple/footwork

Caroline and Pasha 8.5
Loved the choice of song! Such expression and artistic display to Caroline with her arms/hands/face.Some rise and fall could of had more.

Jake and Janette 7.5
Yes he can use his hips but looked a little uncomfortable in this dance

Judy and A.nton 4

Train for Judy leaving asap platform please. Awful posture and at times I felt A.nton could have partnered a mannequinn

Sunetra and Brendan 7.5
Loved her dress and Brendans white jacket. Not a wow dance but a nice dance
Used my free vote as feel in danger.Awful Camera shots AGAIN!

Alison and Alijaz 7
This suited Alison's bubbly nature but not so much her often flat feet.Still a fun fun routine

Mark and Karen 9
My dance of the night.Mark a real suprise! Lovely lines spoilt by CAMERA work again!

Frankie and Kevin
Not her best dance of the series.A mistake in the middle and her shoulders seemed fixed tonight

Pixie and Trent (TT) 7.5
I really really want to warm to them both but still wait for this to happen.Clever choreography but felt as if going through the paces only.I liked it but it didn't wow me.Not a ten.

Steve and O.la 7.5
Strong,mean and moody! A powerhouse showing and Steve looked full of confidence and testosterone! Think O.la had a little payback re being flung to the floor.I liked his committment to this dance

Again complaint re Camera angles poor poor poor

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 6 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:06 am

A friend told me about the silly story concerning Steve and O la before the show - like most of you I couldn't believe it really, seemed a strange one. I do think that O la tends to be quite dominant with her partners and Steve is a bit more independent and not like some of the pretty boy partners that she has had in the past but I thought they looked fine on the show and that the dance went well. Remember the story about O la and Karen last year? That seemed strange as well.

That said, I do think O la has been a bit different this year - quieter and sometimes a bit distant when on various shows, particularly when they were on the 'One Show' the other week. However, I didn't detect it as a lack of chemistry between Steve and herself but rather that something wasn't right with O la - J ames not being on the show perhaps?? Weird one.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:37 am

mauveangel09 wrote:A friend told me about the silly story concerning Steve and O la before the show - like most of you I couldn't believe it really, seemed a strange one. I do think that O la tends to be quite dominant with her partners and Steve is a bit more independent and not like some of the pretty boy partners that she has had in the past but  I thought they looked fine on the show and that the dance went well.  Remember the story about O la and Karen last year?  That seemed strange as well.

That said, I do think O la has been a bit different this year - quieter and sometimes a bit distant when on various shows, particularly when they were on the 'One Show' the other week.  However, I didn't detect it as a lack of chemistry between Steve and herself but rather that something wasn't right with O la - J ames not being on the show perhaps??  Weird one.

O.la did seem to look like the spark has left her or something. And now that I heard about the alledged fall-out behind the scene, whether true or not, Steve looked tensed and couldn't really smile naturally. It looked a little forced. He must be one of those that would think joining a light fluffy dancing show would not end him up on the tabloids like this! Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:35 pm

They tried to interview Steve after he was saved together with O.la on the Week 7 results show shown on Sunday and he tried to be chirpy and cheeky with his answers, but immediately when he finished his answer and thought that the camera wasn't focused on him, he looked really grim. I feel for him. What's wrong, it's like he's defeated or something. Aw.

Caroline simplfied her Waltz at the dance off. She slipped in the main show towards the end of the dance, but chose to do a simpler turn at the dance-off. Like how Pasha winked at her in the main show after the dance to tell her 'it's okay to make mistakes' and how he jazz hands towards Alijaz after the latter performed his last dance (charleston) with Alison...

Simon is doing the first Argentine Tango? Thoughts, anyone? Also, A.nton threatened levitation. Hmm...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 6 Empty Re: SCD Main and Results Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:02 pm

My thoughts CD?      I could have thrown something at the TV to be honest - when Judy and A nton got through Evil or Very Mad

I think that Pasha and Caroline were the victims of doing a bit of a boring dance  (or perhaps the macrame offended!! Very Happy )  felt really sorry for Alison - she is one of the weaker links undoubtedly but I thought she might get one more week over Judy and ironically she gave quite a good performance this week.

Felt very emotional during Katherine Jenkins performance.

Well - on with the show and hope Sunetra will wow next week!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:09 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:My thoughts CD?      I could have thrown something at the TV to be honest - when Judy and A nton got through Evil or Very Mad

I think that Pasha and Caroline were the victims of doing a bit of a boring dance  (or perhaps the macrame offended!! Very Happy )  felt really sorry for Alison - she is one of the weaker links undoubtedly but I thought she might get one more week over Judy and ironically she gave quite a good performance this week.

Felt very emotional during Katherine Jenkins performance.

Well - on with the show and hope Sunetra will wow next week!!!! Very Happy

Though I voted for Sunetra this week, I was secretly hoping she's in the dance-off so that she could correct her mistake in the main show, much like last week when I voted for Steve, but secretly hoping he could correct his mistakes in the dance off...

I also noticed one thing. Last week both Scott's and Alison's mothers were interviewed at the results show and they were in the dance off. This week they interviewed Caroline's mother, and poof! she's in the dance off!!!

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Blackpool seems an awfully big arena to Argentine Tango in. I feel it's the sort of dance that might get lost in such a huge space.

Praying Sunetra gets a Paso as I expect Latin for her and a Paso would play to her strengths.

Whoever gets a Quickstep or an American Smooth will luck out, those dances are perfect for Blackpool.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:49 am

My first chance to leave my thoughts on the results show. Well obviously another injustice. We all know Judy's time had come but sadly it was not to be. I do think Allison is one of the weaker dances left but she put in a performance good enough to save herself in my opinion. I would have opted for Steve to go but he was saved as well. Still the show must go on.

We are seeing a slow shift now as Jake who looked so good early on has now had two less impressive dances whilst Mark and Simon are moving past him into the contention stakes. As for the women Caroline has slipped a fraction whilst Frankie and Pixie look to be strong contenders for the title.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Loved the Blackpool Night Extravaganza! I think everyone, including Judy, upped their games there!

Well done, and magical opening number about dreams! Though I thought those extra dancers were distracting and quite unnecessarily.

My ten-word or less one-sentence review (I gave my score immediately after the couples danced):

1. Frankie & Kevin's Quickstep - Energetic and lively performance. 8

2. Jake & Janette's American Smooth - Too flashy and gimmickly are the lifts, not 'Smooth'. 7.5

3. Sunetra & Brendan's Samba - Not much double bounce, and quite messy. 6.5

4. Simon & Kristina's Argentine Tango - Stunning, of Mark Ramprakash's quality. 8.5

5. Judy & Housewives choice's Viennese Waltz - Recognisable steps and flowy in parts! 6

6. Mark & Karen's Charleston - Proper swivel-actions, but ploddy in places. 7.5

7. Pixie & Trent's Paso Doble - Powerful and masterful, but lacking very slightly in Spanish lines. 8

8. Steve & O.la's American Smooth - Pivots, pivots, pivots, lifts, lifts, lifts, some mistakes with hands. 7

9. Caroline & Pasha's Jive - Cute and unexpected choreography, excellent kicks and flicks. 8

I think Sunetra and Steve will be in trouble this week. Given all my votes to Sunetra. I think Steve really looked like he doesn't want to be in the show anymore, sad...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:36 pm

OMG!

Just catching up with Strictly on I-player (out to dinner last night). Haven't read any of your comments yet, but have just seen the opening and number and....

Wow! Oh wow! That was beautiful, gorgeous, magical, enchanting and just absolutely LOVELY! Gorgeous. The whole arrangement was like watching an old musical from the golden era. I LOVED it... Had a moist eye in fact and I'm quite hardbitten and not easy to please...

More like that please Strictly producers. THAT is the way to do it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Yes, the opening number was a talk of the town, well at least in my mind! Very Happy

Just watched the results show. Also very good. Don't really like the idea of a superband like Mcbusted, thought it was gimmicky. But they put up a jolly good show with positive boyish energy to their number.

Dame Shirley Bassey never lost her shine and she was as glamourous as ever.

The dance-off couples were not a shock scenario, and I thought both of them upped their game in the dance off as well. Judy was visibly more relaxed and her pivots she did was actually quite good, definitely better than during the main show. And Sunetra's mistake with her running promenade during the main show was duely corrected and the whole routine was less 'messy' and I 'get' what Brendan was trying to do with that choreography.

Nice to see Brendan and A.nton in the dance-off, two veteran pros since series 1, and they are in their elements, A.nton doing his ballroom and Brendan doing his latin (though Brendan has improved immensely in his ballroom over the ten series to be sure).

All in all, a wonderful weekend, the only gripe I have was the tens handed out like confetti, otherwise, an amazing show they've put up in Blackpool.

Oh, the opening number is very good again, not as good as the opening number on Saturday evening main show, but very ambitious nevertheless...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 6 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Well justice was done and all is right with the world! Mind you my heart was in my mouth for Sunetra, willing her not to make any mistakes in the dance off - I felt the tension but she managed to get through it ok - whereas Judy who knew she had nothing to lose and just went out there and enjoyed it.

Judy had a great innings and has clearly enjoyed her SCD experience - she was lucky that she survived this long in order to make a bit of an improvement as others went out before her who were not afforded this chance - but that is SCD! I like the fact that she doesn't take herself too seriously and I think that was what made her likeable to voters (and A nton's Army of course - however, I must say they always know when is the right point to back off in the contest, I'll give them that........ Very Happy )

I can still see only Frankie and Pixie as firm bookings for the final at this stage - now that we are entering the 'business end' of the contest, it will be fascinating to see how things pan out as I can see a fight definitely between Caroline, Mark and Jake - I think Sunetra (sadly) and Steve's days are numbered, although interestingly Steve is now the only one of those 'mid fielders' who hasn't yet appeared in a dance off. To me Simon is the wildcard - he has made a big improvement (but haven't they all?) he has obviously picked up more supporters along the way and has done very well this week and last week, but he has been inconsistent. At this point, out of those left I think the other two places in the final could be anyones and we could even see some upsets at the higher levels..................I think it is going to be an interesting one...................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Judy's ace! Razz

It was the perfect ending for her as well; her best dance at the most glorious venue. Her parting speech was so gracious and the way she jumped off the stage into A.nton's arms - what a lady!

As for Sunetra, well I just love her attitude. It's not life or death for her but she embraced the spirit of Blackpool and gave that Samba her best shot. Sadly, I think it'll be her last dance next weekend. I hope she can produce an enchanting, error-free Waltz and go out on a high just as Judy did.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 am

Kudos to Judy and A.nton in that she didn't become an Ann Widdicombe, a John Sargent, a joke figure that was not learning to dance. Judy did learn and her routines were not jokefests. I think this with the smiles and good sportsmanship are what kept her from week to week. She never started talking back to the judges thinking herself better than she was.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 am

Sid wrote:Judy's ace! Razz

It was the perfect ending for her as well; her best dance at the most glorious venue. Her parting speech was so gracious and the way she jumped off the stage into A.nton's arms - what a lady!

As for Sunetra, well I just love her attitude. It's not life or death for her but she embraced the spirit of Blackpool and gave that Samba her best shot. Sadly, I think it'll be her last dance next weekend. I hope she can produce an enchanting, error-free Waltz and go out on a high just as Judy did.

In fact, from now on in the series, I wish anyone who's voted out by the judges would go out on their personal high...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 6 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:42 pm

cellar-door wrote:

In fact, from now on in the series, I wish anyone who's voted out by the judges would go out on their personal high...

Yes I agree - it must be horrible to go out when you know you have made a mess of it - far better to have done your best and have a great memory to go out on Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I agree - it must be horrible to go out when you know you have made a mess of it - far better to have done your best and have a great memory to go out on Very Happy

Precisely!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next