Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 4 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:51 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Results Live Comment:

I am not surprised that Judy avoided the dance-off. I think it's truly shocking Scott was saved. There was NO redeeming features in his Charleston. At least Judy's Charleston was entertaining and she went for it. And Alison was saved too with that meh Tango?

The producers were very, VERY cruel to put Mark right at the end. To see a grown man cry like this...

edit to add: Thom at least tried to straighten his legs for the cha-cha, and he's trying to do something with his free arms as well. Good effort to try to improve his dance. But it's still a little stompy and steppy in places.

Simon still accented his first beat in the VW, which made it look jarring. He cheated in his flerkl (he didn't do one).

First time I feel sorry for ThomDoll. On the bright side, they can go public with their relationship now, Iveta and her toyboy... When did Iveta leave the competition with Mark last year? Did Iveta just declare her love for ThomDoll on national TV?

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

I can cope with judy and Alison being saved - for now. But not to have Scott in the dance off is a travesty. Instead we will lose one of two chaps who are really learning and improving and taking criticism on board and really trying instead of pouting and looking put out that the judges aren't thrilled with their performance. Unlike Scott. I haven't loathed a contestant this much since Ann Widdecombe and C raig whatsit that poor Flavia got landed with a few years ago.

Aaaarrrrrgghhh.

Might not watch any more (ok, I probably will when I calm down but at the moment I am SEEETHING... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Results Live Comment:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Results Live Comment:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm

The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman should have done a Louis Walsh on t'other side and gone to deadlock.....

There was no right result for that dance-off.

But I thought Thom showed real leading ability in that last dance with Yvetta... AND a glimpse of good hip action.

Sometimes I hate the great British public. When I am Queen they had better look to their laurels....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Results Live Comment:

Yes, I also think ThomDoll should be saved. Based on the dance-off, ThomDoll tried to take on the judges' criticisms and improve on it. Simon I think silently thought there was no point improving on his dance since he's in the dance-off twice now (thus he's just not popular with the voting public). How strange is for L.en to save Simon, eh? If he's in the bottom two not once but TWICE with the public, then it's just on borrowed time. ThomDoll might be able to get a dance-off kick-off like Simon had two weeks ago and Mark last week and had a break-through come-back dance next week. But we don't get to see that now.

I blame L.en actually... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm

I haven't watched saturday show or the sunday show. My excitement crushed by a text. So I do say its been a devastatinv week. No
Fan base for Scott,Judy very high most likely all of Scotland

Sorry The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman should of saved the other dancer.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Not seething but surprised that the bottom three were all saved. I'm not hating Scott, it's not his fault people are voting to keep him in, but do wish Alison has been in the dance off.

Shock result, about right for week five. Do I think Thom would have made it to the final? Honestly, no I don't, so not too shocking then, just a matter of timing.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm

And sorry Sax, this has probably spoilt Strictly for you this week, but please do watch Satruday's show because there were some little gems in there.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Results Live Comment:

Quite.

It gets me every year when two undeserving people go into the dance off and one of them has to go. It's tough and unfair on the judges too.

So every year I say it shouldn't be a knockout competition but a score based competition (positions from public voting will be given points and added to the points given by the judges). This will give ALL the competitors an equal chance to develop and fulfil their potential. Scott doesn't have potential sadly, but even Judy has improved. She would never win under my system but she would get to learn to dance as well as she is able in 12 weeks (or whatever it is).

I don't what it is with TV producers AND the GBP that love a knock out competition. I take part in running races - the fastest/best person wins. Some can't hack it and drop out at some stage. But everybody has equal opportunity to go the whole distance, even if they end up at the back of the field. They can still be proud of taking part and completing a tough event. I would enjoy Strictly SO much more if everyone was allowed to go the whole distance.

I know I am pretty much the only one in the whole wide world who thinks this, but someone has to....... tongue
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:15 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I haven't watched saturday show or the sunday show. My excitement crushed by a text. So I do say its been a devastatinv week. No
Fan base for Scott,Judy very high most likely all of Scotland

Sorry The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman should of saved the other dancer.

Sorry Saxon but unless you hadn't realised Thom is a Scot as well so that has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

I have said this for years that the system is flawed. The balance of voting power should be with the judges. They were spot on with who the two worst couples were but Joe Public messed it all up........again. Thom could have been a potential finalist whilst Scott has been worse than awful yet Joe Public want to see more and the same goes for Judy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Not seething but surprised that the bottom three were all saved.  I'm not hating Scott, it's not his fault people are voting to keep him in, but do wish Alison has been in the dance off.

I loathe Scott for his "poor me" attitude and delusion. Judy gets just as horrible criticism but is gracious and/or humorous about it. Of course it hurts, but there is no need to look quite so outraged that the judges didn't think you danced very well (or danced at all, actually). If Scott was just NICER and more grateful for the experience then I wouldn't be so grumpy about him. And he isn't helped in my opinion by Joanne who comes across to me as simpering and annoying (bet she's lovely really....)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:20 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Sorry Saxon but unless you hadn't realised Thom is a Scot as well so that has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

I have said this for years that the system is flawed. The balance of voting power should be with the judges. They were spot on with who the two worst couples were but Joe Public messed it all up........again. Thom could have been a potential finalist whilst Scott has been worse than awful yet Joe Public want to see more and the same goes for Judy.

Based on his latin skills I don't think ThomDoll could be a potential finalist especially when there were four, perhaps even five with really good dancing skills in the competition. But ThomDoll chould go much further, quarter finals, or even semi-finals perhaps...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Joe Public have their own warped reasons for voting the way they do. The bloke with the best pecs and ass or the woman with the biggest thru penny bits. Or their favourite pop star, sportsman or performer or presenter. It hardly ever comes down to who the best dancer is amongst too many (not all though) otherwise at least Scott or Judy would have been in the dance-off.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:22 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I loathe Scott for his "poor me" attitude and delusion.  Judy gets just as horrible criticism but is gracious and/or humorous about it.  Of course it hurts, but there is no need to look quite so outraged that the judges didn't think you danced very well (or danced at all, actually).  If Scott was just NICER and more grateful for the experience then I wouldn't be so grumpy about him.  And he isn't helped in my opinion by Joanne who comes across to me as simpering and annoying (bet she's lovely really....)

Scott is like C.raig Kelly with no self-awareness just how BAD he is with his dancing ability (or the lack thereof). This is indeed annoying, and it's especially annoying he's begging to stay for the Halloween Night on the main show after his appalling Charleston which he nearly drop Joanne in the routine.

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:22 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Based on his latin skills I don't think ThomDoll could be a potential finalist especially when there were four, perhaps even five with really good dancing skills in the competition. But ThomDoll chould go much further, quarter finals, or even semi-finals perhaps...

Yes I maybe exaggerated but he certainly had been improving week on week whereas Scott is regressing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Joe Public have their own warped reasons for voting the way they do. The bloke with the best pecs and ass or the woman with the biggest thru penny bits. Or their favourite pop star, sportsman or performer or presenter. It hardly ever comes down to who the best dancer is amongst too many (not all though) otherwise at least Scott or Judy would have been in the dance-off.

But to be fair, SCD was never conceived as a dance competition. The competitive element was achieved by the judges' scores on the leaderboard. The POPULARITY element were left to the voting public. Thus Claudia (and Tess in the past) telling people to 'vote for your favourites', not 'vote for who you think danced best'.

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Yes I maybe exaggerated but he certainly had been improving week on week whereas Scott is regressing.

Thom even tried to straighten his legs during the dance off. He tends to do a sumo stance whether he's doing ballroom or latin, but in the dance-off he tried to avoid it. Goes to show there is still a lot of fuel left in his tank (i.e. there are still lots of bits he could correct and improve upon)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Like most of you I struggle to understand why anyone votes for Scott. But he obviously has a lot of loyal fans from his radio show. As always the contest will get interesting once remaining competitors pick up votes from those that have gone out.
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Yes cellar door you are right and people here have pointed that out to me before. Perhaps they should change the shoe's title then as tonight's result had nothing to do with dancing otherwise Scott and Judy would have been in the dance-off. Here another tortuous two dances to endure next week now.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:30 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Joe Public have their own warped reasons for voting the way they do. The bloke with the best pecs and ass or the woman with the biggest thru penny bits. Or their favourite pop star, sportsman or performer or presenter. It hardly ever comes down to who the best dancer is amongst too many (not all though) otherwise at least Scott or Judy would have been in the dance-off.

But I don't understand how Scott is so popular. He has no pecs or ass to speak of and he is cruel and a right arse on his radio show.

Judy, I can see how has won people over. She has a quiet humour and really seems to be enjoying herself and appreciates the experience.

Scott comes across as any ungrateful toddler. I find him incredibly unpleasant.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I am thinking that the only way to prevent the deadwoods from being saved by the silly public and still in keeping with the popularity voting for the GBP would be this.

If the celeb is in the bottom two of the leaderboard two weeks in a roll, then they will automatically be in the dance-off. Now let's take Judy and Scott. And if there is a tie at the bottom two, then the more popular of the two bottom two of the leaderboard with the public voting would be spared that week.

So for instance, last week, Scott was at the bottom, Judy second from the bottom. This week Judy was (unfairly) at the bottom while Scott was second from the bottom. So in that sense both of them tie for the dance-off. But if the voting public favour Judy this week, then Scott will automatically be at the dance-off, and then the other one at the dance off would be the celeb receiving the least from the voting public. So, if Simon or Thom received the lowest vote this week, either one of them would be at the dance-off with Scott this week.

Do you get what I am trying to say here?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Personally, I think he wins the sympathy vote. Can.raig makes cutting remarks but spot on and he sulks or covers his ears and audience book and Joe Public vote in sympathy. That and I would guess so lot of Radio One listeners vote for him regardless of the fact he is a rank dancer.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:41 pm

No I would just have it so the Judges scores are tripled and only have Joe Public accounting for a quarter of the scores.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:No I would just have it so the Judges scores are tripled and only have Joe Public accounting for a quarter of the scores.

This may still not prevent two decent celebs at the dance-off. It reduces the chance by a fair bit, but it's not fool-proof.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next