Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 8 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  Sid Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:34 pm

She is doing the Rhumba according to her tweet last night! Mind you, whatever dance she had this week I think it'll be curtains for Sunetra. She's a little bit behind the others now.

I loved the almighty roar Steve let out at the end of his Jive. It was like a yell of triumph and a release of all the tensions that had been bubbling away beneath the surface.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Sid wrote:She is doing the Rhumba according to her tweet last night! Mind you, whatever dance she had this week I think it'll be curtains for Sunetra. She's a little bit behind the others now.

I loved the almighty roar Steve let out at the end of his Jive. It was like a yell of triumph and a release of all the tensions that had been bubbling away beneath the surface.

Oooo, predictions predictions! yeah, Sunetra is most certainly leaving next week judging by her fb likes and youtube views...

As for Steve, I am happy for him. He hinted that he's lost steam for the show and so I think it's appropriate that he leaves now...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Not sure where to put this so Ive popped it on this thread! Every year I play the odds or evens game with the opening title sequence. Over the years Ive noticed the couples featuring with an odd number in the opening line up always leave EARLY! This year we have had 6 odd couples leave and only one even number! The odds lost in consecutive weeks. Alison being the only even number leaving. Sunetra btw an even number! Just thought id share this weird stats game now if a really good stats person went over all the series would odds or evens win? Has the winner always been an even number?

Last edited by saxonsiren on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : admin humour popped in and had to change words)
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Not sure where to put this so Ive popped it on this thread! Every year I play the odds or evens game with the opening title sequence. Over the years Ive noticed the couples featuring with an odd number in the opening line up always leave EARLY! This year we have had 6 odd couples leave and only one even number! The odds lost in consecutive weeks. Alison being the only even number leaving. Sunetra btw an even number! Just thought id share this weird stats game now if a really good stats person went over all the series would odds or evens win? Has the winner always been an even number?

Haha love your little game Sax! I shall cling onto that random smidgen of hope you've given me for Sunetra Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 8 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:19 pm

I honestly think that Sunetra will just go out and enjoy herself this week knowing that it's going to be her swansong.  You know she might not do too badly as it is slow and she is elegant and good at shaping - it will be better for her than some fast latin routine I think - also, I usually like B rendan's rhumbas.

It will be so intriguing as to who will be the other couple in the DO this week................nowhere to hide now...............it will be a good indicator of the voting share with the obvious couples having exited.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 pm

I hope so mauve, there's no real pressure on Sunetra this weekend because she knows she's expected to leave next. Hopefully we'll get a bit of the old Sunetra back that Karen alluded to.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:40 pm

I hope Sunetra can relax and enjoy her dance without having the DO on her mind
We could have a total fluke of a DO without Sunetra which could give her another week to worry and then have another angst DO!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 8 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I hope Sunetra can relax and enjoy her dance without having the DO on her mind
We could have a total fluke of a DO without Sunetra which could give her another week to worry and then have another angst DO!

That could very well happen Sax - this year has and is continuing to be a bit unpredictable to me - and funny things can happen in theme weeks - particularly over who gets the best and worst music/scenarios.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:21 pm

So true Mauve
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:14 pm

My ten-word or less review (scored before the judges' comments and revealed their scores):

1. Pixie & Trent's Viennese Waltz - Cute concept, wonderful rotation, beautifully danced. 8.5

2. Mark & Karen's Salsa - A little static and laboured, lacks some omph. 7.5

3. Sunetra & Brendan's Rumba - Not grounded, and hands a little floppy, good lines though. 7.5

4. Caroline & Pasha's Charleston - Excellent swivel, even cuter than Pixie's dance, I LOVE it! 9

5. Simon & Kristina's Waltz - Stunning topline and excellent footwork, near perfect (lacks swing)! 9

6. Frankie & Kevin's Jive - Strong leg actions, but a little too placed sometimes. 8.5

7. Jake & Janette's Argentine Tango - Gimmicks galore, music clashed, messy and imprecise kicks. 7
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Not keen on the pro dance at the beginning awful garish costumes.
Loved C.laudia and her quips as usual brilliant

TT aka Pixie and Trent 7.5
I admit I find it hard nay impossible to connect with these two.Hated the music and Trent's costume.A lot of faffing at the beginning before any dance moves.Not a wow but for me I found it dull

Mark and Karen 8
He does get a little over zealous which makes him step out of time
On occasions bouncy and light thought shoulders a little hunched. We had more twerking and jerking! Loved the hot pink shirt

Sunetra and Brendan 7
She went for soft and sensual in the top half of her body just didn't add the same from her legs.She looked more confident and in the VT flashes of Our Angie from No Angels. Not struck re Brendans trousers at all style or colour.

Pasha and Caroline my first 10
I loved it! Wow light lively fun fun.Arm extensions beautiful and wow lifts worked well.Caroline and Pasha came alive tonight.C
Raig undermarked did they read my comment re oops oops side yoir head tongue

Simon and Kristina 9
I liked the music his arm tended to drop a little during routine.Could have been great

In VT a bit of the old cocky Simon showing

Frankie and Kevin 8
Over zealous again by Kevin's fast choreography! Thought a little balance wobble at beginimg
Not her best dance

Jake and Janette 7.5
A weird fusion Greek meets A/T meets line dancing hated the costumes and thought routine a bit messy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 8 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:12 pm

I have to say that I did not entirely hate 'Round the World' week as a concept - I also liked some of the tracks (I stress
some!) Love Edelweiss, Tulips from Amsterdam could have been great without all the faff, don't have a problem with 'Girl from Ipanema' - like 'viva las vegas' as a track - would I put a salsa to it? Never in a million years, it isn't latin, it isn't even disco or hustle and as for the 'Zorba' abomination, that's a case for gross misconduct whoever put that one together!!!!!! They must have been going ballistic on some of the other forums as well so let's hope it gets to the ears of those at the beeb.............. Didn't really know Caroline's track but they made it work and it didn't make any difference wherever it was supposed to be set............... That was the problem with the whole thing, as others (B4P amongst them have said) if you are going to have a 'Round the World' week for heavens sake set the dances in the right countries!!!!! Without stating the B obvious - Edelweiss in Austria, Argentine Tango in Argentina, we could even have had a paso from Spain!!! now that would have been something wouldn't it????? affraid

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 pm

How dare you suggest something so sensible mauve Wink
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 8 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:38 pm

lol!

Going to Sleep now
x

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:28 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I have to say that I did not entirely hate 'Round the World' week as a concept - I also liked some of the tracks (I stress
some!)  Love Edelweiss, Tulips from Amsterdam could have been great without all the faff, don't have a problem with 'Girl from Ipanema' -  like 'viva las vegas' as a track - would I put a salsa to it?   Never in a million  years, it isn't latin, it isn't even disco or hustle and as for the 'Zorba' abomination, that's a case for gross misconduct whoever put that one together!!!!!!  They must have been going ballistic on some of the other forums as well so let's hope it gets to the ears of those at the beeb..............   Didn't really know Caroline's track but they made it work and it didn't make any difference wherever it was supposed to be set...............   That was the problem with the whole thing, as others (B4P amongst them have said)  if you are going to have a 'Round the World' week for heavens sake set the dances in the right countries!!!!!   Without stating the B obvious - Edelweiss in Austria, Argentine Tango in Argentina, we could even have had a paso from Spain!!!  now that would have been something wouldn't it????? affraid

The thing is, Strictly has the around the world theme EVERY week! Seeing as all the dances are from around the world...... Shocked

By doing what they did, the producers set TV back by 40 years, delivering cheesy racial stereotyopes and not even getting the sterotypes right. (Lederhosen in Amsterdam? Even Claudia looked more Dutch in her lace cap than Pixie, who turned up in the Austrian Dirndl). Very cross indeed. Grrr Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Most of the social media I've seen broadly agrees with this forum about this weekend's show.  HOWEVER if you think of the whole thing as an exercise to get free advertising by provoking a social media storm, it was extremely successful Twisted Evil
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:05 am

Wallflower wrote:Most of the social media I've seen broadly agrees with this forum about this weekend's show.  HOWEVER if you think of the whole thing as an exercise to get free advertising by provoking a social media storm, it was extremely successful Twisted Evil

Be even worse next week after the "All our Yesterday" theme, the group spot waltz. Producers have decided it's the only fair way to stop Pixie and Dixie costing the bookies a fortune. They have another surprise line up too; theyr'e also making the group dance an excuse me.Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:23 pm

My ten-word-or-less review of Quarter-Final Dances (and waltzathon):

1. Simon's American Smooth - A little skippy in places, ropey last lift. 8

2. Caroline's Argentine Tango - Looked a little hesistant in places, but good energy. 8.5

3. Pixie's Cha-cha-cha - Good straight legs, but lots of illegal lifts. Evil or Very Mad 7.5(!)

4. Mark's Foxtrot - Excellent line and extension with good hold. 8.5

5. Jake's Charleston - Lots of good swivels, interesting lifts, but not much else. 8

6. Frankie's Salsa - Messy lifts, upper body not loose enough. 7

For Waltzathon, I scored exactly the same as the judges, except the positions of Simon and Caroline swopped (i.e. I ranked Caroline a point higher than Simon).

In danger tonight, Frankie and Mark, with Frankie probably leaving in the dance-off with that Salsa.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:10 pm

I still wouldn't put serious money on anyone. Fickle folk, the G.B.P. My votes of course, will go to Jake, but may the best competitor win. Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:59 pm

And so the dance-off was between Pixie (that was a shock) and Simon (who I did tip for that dance-off) . As soon as Pixie ended up in the dance-off you had that feeling the judges would always save her (especially C.raig as she is his favourite and he made that crystal clear tonight) but boy it was good to see L.en grow some balls and I agreed with him. Simon's dance was just that bit better - good on him. Hard lines on Pixie as I believe Frankie was worse this week. What a shock though eh?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Absolute shocker!

I mean, I know Pixie has the cha-cha, and Trent was a little naughty with all those illegal lifts (which miraculously disappeared in the dance-off it appeared), and I have to say despite Pixie's weakest dance thus far, she was very, very good in the dance-off.

But it's always going to be difficult to fight a good American Smooth. Simon was in the bottom two twice, so I think he and Kristina were expecting to leave tonight (or last night rather), so imagine the gobsmacking surprise when L.en saved Simon and Kristina!

Two dances next week, eh?

Do the remaining couples have two more dances left to learn or do they have more than two left and so could choose to avoid a dance they are weak in?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I agree CC. I think Pixie was always stronger in ballroom but I thought she'd still slip through to the next round. Respect to L en. I think I hear a certain Ms Hardy ringing in my ears 'good footwork is the foundation.....' and I do feel Simon's basic footwork was better (even if they wasted a lot of time on that blooming stair case faffing about).
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:10 pm

It was a shock but I think the right decision. The wrongness was Pixie being in the dance-off ahead of Frankie who clearly had the messier dance last night. You could see from Kevin's reaction when they were saved that he knew they were in trouble.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm

A lucky escape for Frankie. Kevin's been in bed all week so I doubt they had much rehearsal time and it showed. At least they should be better placed (healthwise) for next week.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 pm

B4p wrote:A lucky escape for Frankie. Kevin's been in bed all week so I doubt they had much rehearsal time and it showed. At least they should be better placed (healthwise) for next week.

Yes I'd agree with that. Perhaps Kevin's ill health got them a number of sympathy votes that plunged Pixie into danger. Pleased for Kevin though and Frankie as you could see what it meant to them.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next