Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 7 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:19 pm

santa SCD Christmas Show santa

This years celebs are all previous contestants:

Sophie Ellis-Bextor dancing with Alijaz

Lisa Riley dancing with Robin

Louis Smith dancing with Aliona

Chris Hollins dancing with Iveta

Russell Grant dancing with Joanna

Rachel Stevens dancing with Tristan
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm

B4p wrote:santa SCD Christmas Show santa

This years celebs are all previous contestants:

Sophie Ellis-Bextor dancing with Alijaz

Lisa Riley dancing with Robin

Louis Smith dancing with Aliona

Chris Hollins dancing with Iveta

Russell Grant dancing with Joanna

Rachel Stevens dancing with Tristan

Lisa Riley?! Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Sophie....Rachel....squeeeeal!

Like Chris Hollins and Russell Grant too. Can take or leave Louis. And most definitely leave Lisa Riley!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Sid wrote:Sophie....Rachel....squeeeeal!

Like Chris Hollins and Russell Grant too. Can take or leave Louis. And most definitely leave Lisa Riley!

If they can get Robin back to pair with Lisa, why oh why can't they get Vincent back to dance with Rachel?! Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:48 pm

cellar-door wrote:If they can get Robin back to pair with Lisa, why oh why can't they get Vincent back to dance with Rachel?! Evil or Very Mad
The Pros are in training this week for the Christmas Special and I guess Flavia & Vincent are in the middle of their Dance Tl Dawn Shows at The Aldwych Theatre
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:59 pm

B4p wrote:The Pros are in training this week for the Christmas Special and I guess Flavia & Vincent are in the middle of their Dance Tl Dawn Shows at The Aldwych Theatre

Don't be sensible and logical! I want to rant! Lisa Riley! Again?! She's going to 'help' Robin in training the 'teachers' to dance. Earlier she was perving over Alijaz with Alison, why can't we get rid of her?

Still, I am glad that Widdy woman is not involved!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Lisa Riley! Oh for goodness sake why? Noted new book oit plug plug plug her book Evil or Very Mad Not sure re Russell either.Id sooner have seen Dave hairy biker back or Pamela Stephenson. Rachel Stevens another plug plug plug freebie fir s club 7 reforming.Could we not have a free from books,record,play blah blah christmas special?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Ha - I'm all for a good rant.  cheers
sax asked the same question on the Tweetabix thread.
I wondered if they're planning on giving Lisa a backstage roving reporter role. She seems to spend a lot of time with Robin according to their twitter feeds. Maybe Robin knows he won't be expected to lift Lisa? It'll be good to see Robin back, even if it's only for one or two shows. I don't know if he's starting to join in the Pro routines yet. They all look a bit corporate in the Pro dances to me now and I often have trouble figuring out who's who.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi sax
I just replied on the tweetabix thread but yes Pamela and Robin would make an interesting pair. They're both big and bold characters.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Bette Midler's in town. I'd love to see her belt out one of her tunes on the Saturday show.

Last edited by B4p on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 7 Empty Re SCD Main and Results Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Wow! I'm so happy that Sophie is in the show - (pity she won't be with B rendan!) The only one I don't care for is (of course) Ms Riley - and she gets to dance with her original partner from when she was in the show Evil or Very Mad If you couple this with the fact that she is a favourite of CRH then I'm sure they will trying to manipulate something............ They always felt the need to constantly' apologise' to her and big her up throughout the time she was on the show (note to self - stop it Mauve!!). I will just have to record it and fast forward over her bits. Laughing That said, I think it will be good to see the past contestants back - much better than what we've seen of the Xmas show in recent years...........................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:50 pm

I wondered how Louis would get on with Aliona? Both previous winners. Both super competitive. Sparks ahead?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:02 pm

B4p wrote:Bette Midler's in town. I'd love to see her belt out one of her tunes on the Saturday show.

I recalled Midler's near disaster performance in the past SCD results show. Her voice was rough, to put it mildly, she sang 'Wind Beneath My Wings", and I think it's right, she might as well break wind and that might have sounded better...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:30 pm

I never was keen on that 'Wind beneath my wings' song. I was thinking something more upbeat and sassy rather than a slow ballard.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Ooh I'd like to see Bette perform Glory Of Love.

cellar-door wrote:

If they can get Robin back to pair with Lisa, why oh why can't they get Vincent back to dance with Rachel?! Evil or Very Mad

Would have been great to get V.incent and F.lavia back for the Christmas Special. Would have introduced a bit of rivalry too - Rachel and Vincent vs Louis and F.lavia - two fairly formidable pairings.

BUT Tristan's not a bad pressie for Xmas Day Wink and it'll be interesting to see what he does with a proficient dancer like Rachel.

Won't be quite the same seeing Sophie dance with someone else. People on Facebook were calling for her to do a Charleston, but that really does belong to her and B.rendan!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 7 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Sid wrote:Ooh I'd like to see Bette perform Glory Of Love.

Would have been great to get V.incent and F.lavia back for the Christmas Special. Would have introduced a bit of rivalry too - Rachel and Vincent vs Louis and F.lavia - two fairly formidable pairings.

BUT Tristan's not a bad pressie for Xmas Day Wink and it'll be interesting to see what he does with a proficient dancer like Rachel.

Won't be quite the same seeing Sophie dance with someone else. People on Facebook were calling for her to do a Charleston, but that really does belong to her and B.rendan!

Agree entirely on all counts S id -
Would have been great to get V innie and F lavia back -  F lavia had a great approach with Louis - I don't think some of them could have handled him so well.
It would be so wrong for S ophie to do the Charleston without B rendan - and it was, as they say- 'of its time'

Lastly -  Yes...........Tristan......mm - gone under the radar a bit because of his early exit - but like you - I've clocked him............... Wink

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:41 am

Graham Norton's just mentioned that Barry Manilow will be singing on the Results Show this weekend
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Well Ive used my votes for Mark,Caroline and really sorry Steve but Jake and his bottom had my vote.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:25 pm

The standards did not drop after Blackpool. In fact, I think ALL the contestants upped their game! It was an amazing night of classic Strictly.

Here are my ten-word-or-less review of each couple and their dance (I scored the couples before the judges did):

1. Steve & O.la's Jive - Lumpy, out of sync in places, square-looking sometimes. 6

2. Caroline & Pasha's American Smooth - Charming with very chic and stylised moves, good body contact. 8

3. Pixie & Trent's Charleston - Fendishly fast, quirky and exciting choreography, amazingly danced. 8.5

4. Mark & Karen's Tango - Moody, but lacking sometimes in sharp, staccato movements in places. 7.5

5. Frankie & Kevin's Viennese Waltz - Flow-y, fluid and floaty, very good rotations. 8.5

6. Jake & Janette's Samba - Silly music, fun but a little forced with hip gyrations. 7.5

7. Sunetra & Brendan's Waltz - Light and classy, but slight gapping with one mis-step. 7.5

8. Simon & Kristina's Salsa - Stunning armography, confident and energetic, best dance of the night. 9

Last edited by cellar-door on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Tonights show my views

Steve and O.la 7
Oh wish he had had a ballroom! At times a bit laboured other times did ok
Uses strength for lifts well but O.la needs to stop relying on the big guns

Caroline and Pasha 8.5
Almost fell at start great recovery thou.I liked it but a bit safe i felt

Pixie and Trent TT 8
I just didn't get it or like it! Felt legs bowed/splayed looked wrong.Just haven't gelled to them.

Mark and Karen 9
I loved it! Mark mean and moody i loved the song choice.Their outfits everything just gelled

Frankie and Kevin 8.5
Liked the routine but felt it was a little tame.A bit weird in middle of routine

Jake and Janette 9.5
Wow hips and bottoms jiving and shaking! Loved the musical arrangement of a hated song.Cheeky cheeky cheeks more more

Sunetra and Brendan 7.5
Her left hand on Brendan's shoulder looked awkward a bit of gapping at times.A better dance thpu than last week

Simon and Kristina 9
Really liked this roiutine! Almost liking Simon now! Fun fun fun dance

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 7 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:36 pm

It was the right result tonight but Steve is such a gentleman and seems like a thoroughly nice bloke - everyone also looked genuinely sorry to see him go which says a lot - still can't work out where those O la stories came from? I did not expect him to be in the contest for so long and for someone who genuinely had no experience in dance he did really well particularly having had knee injuries in the past - also never been in the dance off until tonight. Well done on a good run Steve.

D arcey was something else tonight wasn't she!? Rolling Eyes however............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Sad to see Steve go
Such a gentlemen really and everyone seems to be genuinely sorry to see him leave. I still think he lost his mojo re the stories of O.la and bullying.This made me cross as we haven't heard of bullying before on SCD but if it happened then it needs to be addressed! Im wondering if Sunetra can pick herself up and dance next week only to be back in the DO?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 7 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:58 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sad to see Steve go
Such a gentlemen really and everyone seems to be genuinely sorry to see him leave. I still think he lost his mojo re the stories of O.la and bullying.This made me cross as we haven't heard of bullying before on SCD but if it happened then it needs to be addressed! Im wondering if Sunetra can pick herself up and dance next week only to be back in the DO?

I think she'll just enjoy the experience of one more week Sax -

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:59 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sad to see Steve go

No need any pick up. If the producers want to kill Sunetra off stone cold just give her the rumba and that'll finish her.

cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 am

True CD or grotty music?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content