Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great news and a once in a lifetime...

+8
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
vonee21
allsewnonbyhand
saxonsiren
B4p
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... - Page 3 Empty Re: Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm

A downer touch amongst the joy; one of my partner's sisters (there were three all in the programme that we all called the Beverley Sisters)
sadly was taken ill and passed away last week. I only found out through a friend yesterday. How awful will it be for the other two sisters watching the programme that should be so fun-filled. Life can be so cruel at times.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Great news and a once in a lifetime... - Page 3 Empty Re: Great news and a once in a lifetime...

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:A downer touch amongst the joy; one of my partner's sisters (there were three all in the programme that we all called the Beverley Sisters)
sadly was taken ill and passed away last week. I only found out through a friend yesterday. How awful will it be for the other two sisters watching the programme that should be so fun-filled. Life can be so cruel at times.
Oh Mr T I'm sorry to hear that, what a shame. Hopefully her sisters will take comfort from being able to watch her doing something she loved. Sad any time, but especially this time of year. Sad Sad
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Terrible news my condolences. In the future I'm sure the sisters will watch and have a wonderful memory of their sister albeit with a tinge of sadness.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Terrible news my condolences. In the future I'm sure the sisters will watch and have a wonderful memory of their sister albeit with a tinge of sadness.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Sorry to harp on, but can I just leave a last reminder that our Bolton dance show will air on the 5th and 7th of Jan on BBC2 at 9.0'clock pm, for two one hour programmes under the title "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING" . I got comformation from the Bubble Bath Company yesterday and they're sending us all a D.V.D of the show after it's been on T.V. Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:56 am

The lovely show being given air time on Breakfast Tv now!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Recorder thingumy primed and ready for Tuesday and Thursday.
Good to see it was a 'PICK of the day' in the DM Weekend TV mag.

Happy New Year to you all. flower
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Just watched part 1 on i player - I see you there Mr T quietly brilliant in the background- bet you loved dancing at the Wanderers! Looking forward to part 2 and hoping it all comes together. bravo Mr T!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:27 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Just watched part 1 on i player - I see you there Mr T quietly brilliant in the background- bet you loved dancing at the Wanderers! Looking forward to part 2 and hoping it all comes together. bravo Mr T!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Allsewn. I started training two weeks after the rest and it was all about getting everybody in formation rather than teaching us to dance. Most of us could do that, but some struggled. I'm not a camera seeker but I was on enough to satisfy my seven year old granddaughter who decided to announce the programme to her class at school today. Kids...Very Happy

I'm looking forward to part two myself.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:01 am

cheers Well done Mr D! A really good programme to watch. I kept an eye out for you too Smile Looking forward to part two and watching our latest celeb!

P's will you be doing I'm a Celebrity next year
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:45 am

saxonsiren wrote:cheers Well done Mr D! A really good programme to watch.  I kept an eye out for you too Smile Looking forward to part two and watching our latest celeb!  P's will you be doing I'm a Celebrity  next year

Cheers Sax. No idea what Part Two will be like but last night went well enough. My seven year old grandaughter will be satisfied that I at least got a bit of camera. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Mr D really enjoyed both episodes, disappointed they didn't manage get the horrible IKON cladding
off. Is Bolton still dancing? Smile
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:Mr D really enjoyed both episodes, disappointed they didn't manage get the horrible IKON cladding
off. Is Bolton still dancing? Smile

Only time will tell Poppet. If the dance schools prosper, then yes and the programme will have achieved its aim. I'm a little sorry they made the initially planned three episodes into two because some of the other dancers, the tango section in particualr, didn't get the attention they deserved. Overall it was a decent programme and I'm glad I was a part of it, albeit small. Dancing at the Macron Stadium was a lifetime highlight for me. The dance schools would really have to prosper to re-open the Palais permanently. It may well be a block of flats in five years time. Sad

I had a great time from it all though. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the programmes Mr D! It's a shame that it was cut down to two programmes though - I'd have liked to have seen more of the tango group. Also a shame that you didn't get to do your jive properly, but I guess that's TV for you!

It was lovely to see the old Palais de Danse restored some way towards its old glory - I hope that Bolton continues dancing!
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:07 pm

I've recorded them to watch over this weekend, looking forward to it.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Having seen th whole programme now,Tina S, which I did enjoy, I realise that, although the aim of it was to get people dancing again, it had to be good television from a viewing perspective. Over two hundred hours of filming went into the show, most of which never got seen, and they based it to tell a story around a few key characters that made for good viewing. In the end the bulk of us were just dance extras and space fillers, but our reward was being a part of it all. One guy who is the manager of a highly successful town centre fish and chip restaurant, did a very credible solo tango spot with his partner. They filmed it twice on the night yet didn't show it at all. Our geriatric jive was filmed three full times on Palais night to produce ten seconds of film and the tango group got no air time at all. Can't blame the teacher or choreograpers because the editors rule in the end. All in all it was a terrific experience and did Bolton no harm at all. I just hope it gets people back on the floor. They also di a brilliant job with the Palais interior. Many thanks to you all for your interest and comments. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Well, have just watched both shows and thoroughly enjoyed them. I think I preferred the first show, not just because you were in it more, but also the pace seemed better - the editing in the second one felt a bit rushed and lost some of the personal feel of the first.
There were some lovely characters among the seniors group – hats off to Alice doing a jive at 86 (she looked and moved 10 years younger).  I loved hearing the stories and photos, like from Walter and Sheila, and was moved by Flo and Dereks story about nearly splitting up. And Mr D, you really are tall, dark and handsome!  I had to laugh though when Jack revealed the Beyonce song for your jive – knowing your views on getting the right music, I wondered were there some choice words going through your mind?
I found Jack a bit exhausting to watch at times, he seemed quite fraught. But his football ‘dance with your hearts’ speech was moving, and in hindsight I think they were right to show his blunders and the fact he didn’t quite ‘get’ the local culture.  It looked like there were quite a few other dance teachers involved, pity they didn't show some of the other classes too. And I'm sure the tango dancers will be disappointed that they didn't get shown. Like you say, it's been edited to focus on key characters (though on the other hand, as a viewer I did like the interviews and trips down memory lane).
The Palais looked wonderful on the night, though I can’t help wondering at the cost of refurbing it for just one occasion – it's a real pity if it can't be revived longer term.
Anyway, great it was such a positive experience for you after all those hours of training, and I really enjoyed it. Have got it recorded so will watch again. Did the reunion event which got postponed in November ever happen?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi Jingle and glad you enjoyed the programmes. I've tried to watch them through the eyes of a viewer rather than a participant and overall I think it worked quite well. Our own satisfaction was from taking part in the whole experience and I just loved the football stadium section. There were over two hundred hours of filming involved so it was heavily edited and only a section of it all could be shown in two hours on T.V. Whether it will achieve its aim and get people dancing is yet to be seen. We can but hope. It didn't do Bolton or ballroom dance any harm at all, that's for sure. As for any reunion, no, nothing has happened yet. Not sure it will, but it will probably just be a self organised thing with no B.B.C involvement. All in all, a rather amazing experience. Smile

p's, about the music, I think my face said it all... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Oh no, I somehow managed to miss all this! I get into the habit of visiting certain parts of the board and end up neglecting others. I wonder if I can still watch the progs.

Anyway, well done Mr T! Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Epilogue...

Apart from seeing our dance show on T.V. at the time, I've never bothered watching the 2 X courtesy D.V.Ds of the event sent by the Bubble Bath Company to us all. Thought I'd give them a watch as a memory last night (at least two people from the show I knew have passed away since, maybe more? ). Guess what, the D.V.Ds didn't work. Kept stopping for long periods of time and then altogether. All that for almost nothing. Really disappointed. Sad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Mr T...Wonder if you contacted the production team they might send you a dvd copy?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3