Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

+8
Tappingfeet
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
diamondsandpearls
Sid
mauveangel09
B4p
saxonsiren
12 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 23 Empty Re: Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

Did she wear the voluminous skirts with trainers  Laughing          

I think she favoured ballet slippers.  But she used to tie a bow around her head.... And yes, volumious skirt :-)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 23 Empty Re: Strictly 17 a little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Sid wrote:

I'll be gutted if we're robbed of a Debbeh-Gio AT.

Yes - I think it would really be a good dance for them Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 23 Empty Re: Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty

Post  Sid Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Sid wrote:
I was annoyed in the sense Debbie seemed to bear the entire brunt of the perceived over-marking - there was a story about viewers reacting to her scores dominating the Twitter main page all last night. And while I do think Shirley and B.runo's 9's for that Samba were bonkers, they weren't as barmy as the 8's for Susan's Paso (which set the tone for over-marking for dances thereafter) but she escaped unscathed.

Woops ignore that. I was being unfair to Susan as she actually got 7s from them so her overall score compared to the others was okay really.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:13 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Thanks B4p - you are very good to us!  Sax - I can't so the adding on - can you?  Or is it allsewn that does that?

Anyway, going off to have a look now :-) bounce bounce

I'm on it - I've popped the running  totals on the other thread- thanks to B4  for putting the weekly scores in
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm not a Debbie fan, but I did feel the theming of her dance worked against her this weekend, same as happened to Aston. Visually it was all a bit of a mess.

Sorry to see Jonnie go, and sorrier he wasn't up against Susan instead. I think she reached her peak with the Morecambe and Wise quickstep and hasn't improved since then.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 am

At the risk of repeating myself, as I'm sure we've had this conversation but...
Do you know what I would like? A  'deconstructed theme' week of traditional simplicity i.e. No props, just dancing to the classical/ classic music accompaniment NOT a pop song. That way we wouldn't have stupid combinations like Charleston and Little Mix or samba and Spice Girls. Paso would be done to proper recognisable paso music. Waltzes would be done to Strauss or whoever....oh the very thought of it I love you

*snaps back into reality and realises it will never happen* Crying or Very sad
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am

Amongst all the "budge" and "spatchcock spice" comments, and whether or not she's being deliberately overmarked, I think there's one thing we might be missing about Debbie.  I suspect she's a thoroughly nice person. Certainly she seems genuinely pleased when others do well. Last week for example when Mollie and AJ made it through there was a shot of her watching them as they were dancing with joy. There was a huge smile on her face. She seemed genuinely pleased for them and I'm sure she wasn't aware that the camera was on her at the time, the shot was from an angle well to the side. Just one of the things that keeps me onside for her.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:At the risk of repeating myself, as I'm sure we've had this conversation but...
Do you know what I would like? A  'deconstructed theme' week of traditional simplicity i.e. No props, just dancing to the classical/ classic music accompaniment NOT a pop song. That way we wouldn't have stupid combinations like Charleston and Little Mix or samba and Spice Girls. Paso would be done to proper recognisable paso music. Waltzes would be done to Strauss or whoever....oh the very thought of it I love you

*snaps back into reality and realises it will never happen* Crying or Very sad
If only.....! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 am

Twirlie wrote:Amongst all the "budge" and "spatchcock spice" comments, and whether or not she's being deliberately overmarked, I think there's one thing we might be missing about Debbie.  I suspect she's a thoroughly nice person. Certainly she seems genuinely pleased when others do well. Last week for example when Mollie and AJ made it through there was a shot of her watching them as they were dancing with joy. There was a huge smile on her face. She seemed genuinely pleased for them and I'm sure she wasn't aware that the camera was on her at the time, the shot was from an angle well to the side. Just one of the things that keeps me onside for her.

Simple answer Allsewn, we're all a bunch of hypocrites really who pretend we're impartial and don't have favourites knowing full well that we do. We agree on generalities and music choices, but really, we're all as biased as Twitterers, Faceachers or juveniles and Ceebeebies. All except me of course as I'm totall unaffected by any of it.

Oh, er....Come on Gemma..... Embarassed

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

Tango - you're right. We are all hypocrites and have our favourites Very Happy

And some of us are immensely fickle. It doesn't take much for me to change from an Afor to an Agin - bad dress; bad music; bad hair (and that could be just me, not the dancer)...; perceived overscoring by judges; playing the cute toddler/Nana card (except in the case of Mollie - I was too amused that she spoke in almost RP tones of 'her Nana up North' and had to take her shoes off in her Nana's living room...)...

We also like an underdog, so poor Debs has been pretty consistent - so it's time for us to take 'er dahn. Gemma on the other hand showed some potential and then got duffed up by the judges a couple of weeks in a row and so now we are gunning for her (you and me Tango, at least..)

Allsewn -wouldn't that be dreamy? (and in our dreams...)

However, we mustn't forget to think how some of the latin dances would work in that scenario - salsa, samba, cha cha cha (is it only me and C.raig who addd the third cha? I thought that was what it was called - cha cha cha because that's the timing: 1, 2, cha cha cha...). They wouldn;t be dreamy like the ballroom. I don't know how they would work, just saying we mustn't forget... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Simple answer Allsewn, we're all a bunch of hypocrites really who pretend we're impartial and don't have favourites knowing full well that we do. We agree on generalities and music choices, but really, we're all as biased as Twitterers, Faceachers or juveniles and Ceebeebies. All except me of course as I'm totall unaffected by any of it.

Oh, er....Come on Gemma..... Embarassed

lol!  
lol! lol! lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Ms Fickle yup and totally awesome armchair judge! Come on Gemma & Joe & Davood x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Back to Elstree from the excesses of Blackpool.  I found I enjoyed this week much more than the last few, with very few niggles.  
There were more stupid VTs of course.  A great dress Claudia! What the hell are you wearing Tess? Is it just my suspicious mind or is there a reason that Darcy and Shirley never come together when the judges are introduced and come onto the dance floor.

Joe and Katya – Quickstep
Fast and sure Quickstep to great music. Not a 10 for me but definitely an 8. Maybe a 9!

Alexandra and Gorka – Rumba
Beautiful I suppose but there wasn’t much chemistry there I didn’t think. There never is between these two. It's weird. For me they always put on a technically great dance that's a bit cold. The Rumba's a hard dance to impress with of course. I’ll give her that. 9

Gemma and Aljaz - Samba
Hilarious! Lots of bounce. I loved it. I was sure when the dance was going on that the judges wouldn’t like it and they didn’t. I did. I hope everyone at home liked it too. 6s were much too low, I didnt think they were that bad technically and it was fun and sweet.

Mollie and AJ - Quickstep
Loved the dress! She was very good indeed. Lots of fast and accurate footwork. Lots of fun and they obviously get on so well together. I enjoyed this Quickstep more than Joe’s. Even though she did tire a little at the end, I couldn’t believe the 7s. 8.

Davood and Nadyia – Waltz
Beautifully done. I did wonder at one point if he was a little stiff across the shoulders and neck. Very graceful and romantic though. (If only Alexandra and Gorka had the sort of connection that these two can create they’d be unstoppable.) Plus another beautiful dress for Nadyia. Vikki Gill obviously loves dressing her. 9

Debbie and Giovanni – Argentine Tango
Not Bad!!! Lots of good stuff in that. There have been better routines perhaps but I loved the way the number built from a slow start to something quite exciting. I thought she danced her given choreography wonderfully. Vincent’s influence in evidence I thought. I’m with Shirley and Silver tongued Italian Stallion. 10.

Susan and Kevin – American Smooth
Ha! I don’t think they’ll stay off the bottom of the leaderboard tonight but it was fun to watch. For someone of her shape, she has done so much to improve her dancing level, but I do hope she’s the one to go tonight. It’s her time. 6

PasoDoble–thon.
I found it very hard to decide who was doing what in the PasoDoble-thon. The camera work wasn't helpful in any way. Of the ones I could see I liked Davood best. Susan was worst of course, but it was much harder to differentiate the rest. I saw Debbie and thought she was doing well. I didn’t see her but I assume Alexandra was good as well. I’d have been surprised if she wasn’t. I thought Gemma was better than Joe and that Joe was better than Mollie. By guesswork as much as judgement, I reckoned the order for me was as follows:
1. Davood
2. Debbie
3. Alexandra
4. Gemma
5. Joe
6. Mollie
7. Susan

My only real problem tonight was the judges critiques on Gemma. I thought she was much better than they gave her credit for. All my votes went to her tonight, plus some on the phone as well. I suspect my view of things won't tally with many of you this week. I don't know why,  but there you go!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Tonight.

Already I have a feeling that early fears of a ringer-ding final are being realised. It was always inevitable that somebody had to take the undeserved hits and it looks like a choice of Susan, Mollie and Gemma being given their papers. I can't fault Budgie (much as I'd like to) for the almost faultless Argentine Tango (although personaly I thought it a bit overcooked going for flash rather than pash. Tango dancers in reality don't rely on doing the splits and playing toss the caber with their six-stone partners, at least none I've ever seen, and ballroom tangos are now regarded as done Vincent and Flavia exhibition style, so credit to Budgie for a fine dance and fitness show. Finalist No 1 on view.

Although marked 7,8,8,9 for a rumba, Finalist No 2 will enevitably be a judging choice, but is she safe from the G.B.P?

Joe and Davood are looking likely to be the two up there with them and a dance off from tonight will almost certainly see Susan going out. Deliberately breaking the rules in the Bullathon indicates she knows it. Done very well to stay in with Jonni going but her race is run. Tonight's dance was almost auntie Annie at a wedding stuff.

What on earth was that Ebenezer Scrooge outfit of Aljaz all about? Thought the dance better than 6's and 7's, but the theme was rubbish.

Mollie and A.J ...thought they did really well with a fast, intricate quickstep and the two 7's should have been 8's. She and Gemma should get to next week and it might be Gemma in the dance off.

That's about it. For me, Davood and Nadia's simple elegant waltz was a highlight along with Joe and Katya's supercharged  quickstep which was remarkably error free for such speed.

That's about it then. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Okay here are my thoughts on tonight's show. In general a very good night with a number of good to very good dances.

Joe's Quickstep took a fair bit to get started and into hold. A real shame as once it got started it was a lovely routine. Plenty of bounce and feel to it. Very good but felt it was a tad overmarked. 8.5

Alexandra's Rumba was better than I thought it would be. However, as C.raig said I did not feel that connection between them and felt very acted and as B.runo said was not expressive enough. Fair effort. 8

Gemma's Samba was on to a loser as soon as they started lying in a bed. Why? I spotted the sickled hands she had whih were picked up on by a couple of the judges and it didn't quite flow. Not all bad but not her best by some way. As Darcy said it was an odd concept. 7

Mollie's Quickstep I enjoyed a lot but for the use of that brolly. I loved the twisting turns she did - unusual but very effective. I thought she nailed this dance and was her best dance yet. Undermarked by all but B.runo for me. 8.5

Davood's Viennese Waltz had a lovely feel to it.No gimmicks or props just down to the dance and he danced it very well with great feeling. Only slight fault was I thought he looked ponderous early on. 8

Debbie's Argentine Tango had nice intricate sections after getting off to a faffing and slow start. Over use of those bloody splits again and leg flex. It was like:P 'Oh look what I can do with my legs?' Yes we bloody know Debbie. 9

Susan's American Smooth was an enjoyable routine as B.runo said but she looked wobbly walking on the bench and I thought her lack of athleticism showed up at times. C.raig with 4 out so made it crystal clear he wants her gone. 6

The Paso Doblethon was enjoyable to watch but impossible for me to judge as there was so much going on.

What we all knew before tonight I think was emphasised. Susan's time is up. Gemma may be in danger herself of ending up in the dance-off.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm

For me I'm disappointed  I never saw much of Alex in Paso tho yet given first place!. Really thought Joe had got it save the Lil shake at the end... Alex no chemistry it' get on with job do what' needed....I'm sticking neck out think Susan with Alex or Molly.... I loved Mollies dance and dress,,,,

YASB loved her dress loved Davood in tails simple and effective. Not so sure re Gemma but voted to save her....
Not keen re At but Debbie did well
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 pm

On the whole enjoyed the show other than the stupidathon, it seemed to go really quickly.
Joe and Katya QS I really like this, especially that bit in the middle when they turned on the spot whilst doing one of those steps whose name eludes me.
Alexandra and Gorka I'm not a fan of rumba and this left me cold. I didn't see the sinuous movement from her that I expected- many people on here have said how well she attacks the faster dances, this one may have been her weak link. Meh
Gemma and Alijaz Samba- as per Mollie last week this was sh*te music which left them with nowhere to go, I felt sorry for them especially after last week's triumph. I think she would have looked better with better music if that makes sense.  Could be in danger
Mollie and AJ QS lovely dress and much better than I feared, again I fear for her especially after the rigathon
Davood and Nadiya waltz- unfussy, gorgeous dress she's obviously found out Vicky Gill's favourite chocolate. Didn't blow me away but pretty good all the same.
Debbie and Giovanni AS - I'm sure our Sid will have enjoyed the VT Wink  Debbie has been in my agin team only because I haven't really taken to her, but I did really love this. I thought every bit as good as Alexandra's so I'm glad she got 10s as well. I do love the AT and this was probably dance of the night for me. And great music - funny that, it makes a difference!?! quick edit because I forgot to say... did anyone else think she'd forgotten to put her lippy on? Surely it should have been dramatic red not nude, it looked really odd to me and once I'd noticed I couldn't stop looking especially in the Clauditorium  scratch
Susan and Kevin there is literally improvement now, she's reached her peak and it's goodnight Vienna
rigathon very difficult to see them, waste of time as usual

Well I predict an all female DO, if anyone goes up against Susan they're safe, worse case scenario for me this week out of the likely candidates would be Gemma v Mollie

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Important make up comment!)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Strictly 17 A little bit of Honesty  - Page 23 Empty Re: Strictly 17 a little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's show - usually the post-Blackpool week can be a bit of an anti climax but it was the opposite for me this year and shock horror - I actually enjoyed the Paso doble thon!!!! Or was it because of hearing 'Espana Cani' and loving the paso as a dance.......reminded me of a collection of flamenco dancers!

Overall, some strong dances and some tough marking from the judges- if there is any justice then Susan will exit tonight and I think anyone else will be safe against her in the DO - but who knows how things will swing given the fickle nature of this year's voting? I feel worried for Gemma particularly after last week's triumph - Mollie did better than I thought she would as did Davood - it feels very close now. My other observation was that some of the themes were totally unnecessary this week - building workers? beds? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Joe and Katya 9.5/10
Brilliant QS to great music! So much could have gone wrong but it didn't - when it started I wasn't sure, because of the faffing and he seemed a bit heavy footed when they first got into hold but then it really took off and I thought that (courtesy of the QS tutorial on ITT!) there was a breathtaking array of different steps, they maintained contact throughout (not mentioned by the judges) and it was fast and light - one of those 'complete package' dances for me - I thought he deserved his marks and I hope he can go all the way!

Alex and Gorka - 8
I thought the judges got it right with their comments on this one -felt it was very placed and there wasn't much chemistry but then there never really is for me with these two. It was one of those contemporary style rumbas that doesn't float my boat and the music didn't help for me - however, I didn't think it was really a '7' CRH!!! It was worth an 8 at least as it was well executed as always.

Gemma and Alijaz - 8
I had written down that I found it 'cute' before one of the judges said it! I thought parts of it were quite good as she did a variety of recognisable steps quite well and came across confidently, but my problem was with the ' stop and start' nature of it and the fact that it didn't flow and rotate round the room like a samba should. I didn't really like the bits where she was pretending to be sleepy - clever as it was.

Mollie and AJ - -8
Thought that the judges gushing comments did not match the scores that they gave - 6 - really???? Evil or Very Mad
I was pleasantly surprised at how well Mollie did - this wasn't too shabby at all and despite a bit of time wasting in the middle I thought she got the speed and delivered it with real control and with a variety of steps.

Davood and Nadiya - 9
Really nice routine - didn't blow me away but I can appreciate how much Davood has improved. I felt some of it was a bit skippy and there were gapping issues but it was delivered with precision and flowed well. - good to watch.

Debbie and Giovanni - 9.5/10
WOW - just WOW! - this was subtle, without 'attack' and was everything I look for in an argentine tango - with some authentic lifts - it was like the ATs that we used to see on SCD in yesteryear. I absolutely loved the bit in the middle when he swept her up and the tempo changed - and of course the music made the dance!!! Very Happy I want to watch it over again! I know the dance played to her strengths with the 'leggy' bits but it was so much more for me. If I was to be super critical I would say that I didn't really think it was necessary for her to do the splits twice! (and she did it again in the paso thon!!! Rolling Eyes) I so hope she can stay out of the DO with this.

Susan and Kevin - 6/7
If I was generous I would give this a '7' - CRH's '4' was plainly ridiculous to my mind. It was a typical light 'Kevinesque' routine danced to that beautiful music - a crowd pleaser and fair play to her for attempting to use the bench and for the lifts. Yes it was entertaining but the bits in hold left a lot to be desired and at the end of the day we are approaching the quarter finals.....................

Paso doble thon
Couldn't really see who was doing what but curiously I enjoyed it a lot more than I usually enjoy these things!! I felt the judges placed them in what they now see as the 'pecking order' in the contest, which was interesting! I observed that Debbie seemed quite tired, Gemma and Alijaz seemed quite good but my eye kept going to Katya and also to Alex and Gorka who (I think!) were worthy winners of this one.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:12 am

Really enjoyed tonight, can’t believe we've only got three shows left.  

Joe – bit of  faffing on the scaffolding at the start and end, though I really liked the floor staging of skyscrapers, good bouncy music and the costumes worked well. Thoroughly enjoyed their routine, apart from the hands-free chest to chest part, which I thought looked out of place (but maybe that's just because I've never seen it done before).

Alex – as expected, she went a bit fast in places, and also I noticed her taking some giant lunges (something Ian had pointed out on ITT footage).  Agree with others, there was little chemistry, and I think the pretend kissy bits were a mistake because they looked contrived. Think the middle of the leaderboard was fair scoring (though she moved up a place with the rigathon)

Gemma – what a dreadful theme for a samba. The parts where she pretended to fall asleep on his shoulder were so awkward looking. I felt she was weaker on her own, particularly towards the end when her steps were kind of lolloping. But hopefully the viewers will see that she’d been landed with such a rubbish concept - I'm surprised at Aljaz.

Mollie –When I first saw the umbrella and the fact that they had to travel down the stairs, I thought poor Mollie had been lumbered with another dud. But once on the floor I loved their routine.  I always vote for Mollie anyhow, but this week it was genuinely my dance of the night. Love the way she smiles throughout the routine, and I’m glad Shirley mentioned her improved core.

Davood – hmm, I think I’m maybe on my own here, but I found this routine quite dull to be honest. The music, outfits and staging were all lovely, but the actual dance looked like a good week 1 or 2 waltz to me, and his vacant expression distracts me.

Debbie – again, I’m in a minority here, but I wasn’t wowed by this. Yes, it was technically very good, but I feel like I’m watching the same party pieces week after week. Tango used the phrase 'flash rather than pash' and that's exactly what I felt too.

Susan – far too much faffing and solo dancing, and the few parts in hold had so much gapping. Good use of the benches to launch the lifts. Susan hasn’t come anywhere close to matching her M&W quickstep from several weeks ago, I really hope she’s in the DO this week.

Paso-thon - only surprise for me was the low scoring for Gemma, though I didn't see enough really to know if she'd gone wrong.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 am

jingle wrote:

Debbie – again, I’m in a minority here, but I wasn’t wowed by this. Yes, it was technically very good, but I feel like I’m watching the same party pieces week after week. Tango used the phrase 'flash rather than pash' and that's exactly what I felt too.

Unfortuanately Jingle, I never forget the stories behind the Tango and Paso Doble or what they should portray. Arrogance and bravado but not anger, in the Paso, frustrasted love and desire in the Tango. Neither is an excercise in doing the splits or ariel trapeze work, and you don't slide around in sand. Okay, ballroom is dance representation of both, but to sacrifice the concept for exhibitionism is wrong . This, I feel, is what happens in an attempt to influence dance judges who eat dictionaries about "core, frame, hands and stickout asses" and to whom ()Yes, I said whom Embarassed ) impartiality doesn't gel with entertainment and T.V ratings. Budgie spends more time looking at the camera that at her "dance" partner. A female Ken Railings, if you will... or won't as the case may be. All just in my opin ion of course....

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Afternoon folks...

Joe & Katya - It's taken me a while to settle on my absolute faves and I think these two are it. It's down to a mixture of Joe's improvement, his likeability and Katya's inventive choreography. They make a great team. The 10s felt a bit excessive for the Quickstep but I'm so used to Shirley and B.runo throwing them at everyone like confetti that I can't get worked up about it anymore. I do prefer traditional outfits but the Peaky Blinders look did sort of work.

Alex & Gorka - We're at the stage now where being a very good dancer alone isn't enough. The audience have to connect with the partnerships and there's a distinct lack of chemistry here and if anything's going to make that apparent it's the Rumba. I was bloomin' annoyed with T.ess for her tactless "I'm sure your boyfriend enjoyed watching that at home" comment (complete with a giggle) though.

Gemma & Aljaz - I'm proposing a new entry for the Strictly Rule Book: no more Sambas to Billy Joel. Poor music aside, I feel Aljaz tried to hide Gemma's shortcomings in Fun Latin with the "half asleep" choreography but it was fooling no one.

Mollie & AJ - Of course they started with a brolly because heaven forbid we should get a dance that isn't from the Pans People school of literal interpretation! Once they disposed of it, I enjoyed this a lot. I'm finding Mollie and Gemma kind of interchangeable: both young blondes, both a bit ditzy but in a likeable way, both Ballroom Belles and victims of fast Latin.

Davood & Nadiya - What a difference simple no frills choreography combined with a classic ball gown and tails makes. It just lifts the quality of the performance altogether. It's what we've been banging on about. There's no doubt Davood's made progress but he still has a slightly vacant look about him sometimes.

Debbie & Gorka - I thought this was sensational. Debbie was working those legs like her life depended on it (although I agreed with C.raig that at times her leg action was a touch too 'placed' and I think that's the ballet dancer in her). But the chemistry between Debbie and Gio was palpable. This could be the performance that wins it for them.

Susan & Kevin - I feel like I've seen it all before.

I thought the Paso was great fun (loved Gio and Gorka side-eyeing each other at the start!). Easily my favourite "thon" to watch but I kinda knew they'd give it Alex.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Reading back it's amazing how in tune we all are with each other at times (even on quite specific details!).

But also interesting when our opinions differ - be boring if we all always agreed.

And yes Alls - I was pleased as punch to see Vinthent again. I gave Debbie's AT a standing ovulation Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Sid wrote:And yes Alls - I was pleased as punch to see Vinthent again. I gave Debbie's AT a standing ovulation Laughing

lol! lol!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Tappingfeet Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 pm

I really enjoyed last night , I love the simple nights with less themes and faff and last night was lovely .

Mollie was lovely , the dress was fab and her reaction was fab and I love watching them . I could have throttled whoever was shouting KIss KIss on the Claudatorium .Grow up .Jeez

Davood tries so hard I will give him that and it should have all fallen into place , the dress the suit the stage the music was all perfect . But no matter how hard he tries to get " the look " right he still looks gormless .Last night he needed the sultry in love face and all I saw was his gaping mouth and startled look as if he was just realising that he really really should have peed before they sewed him into his suit .

Susan made me laugh out loud in the Mess a Thon . She once again looked like a toddler who had been given the red blanky and really wanted the pink one and was trying to get rid of the red. SO THERE

Alexandra .Meh .Just Meh .Even Gorka couldn't make it less Meh

Debbie .Yes Debs we know you can do the splits and the leg in the air bit now .And as my gran used to say be very careful the wind doesnt change while you are doing it or you will be left like that

I am rooting for Gemma all the time but really i all honesty it was not great .The arsing about in the bed with awful night wear was so off putting . And my all time favourite Aljaz is beginning to grate with his forced funity fun this year .? or is that me ?

Joe, of wow I loved it , he and Katya were wonderful to watch and He deserved to be top .Delighted for them

Please let it be Susan out this week I am weary of her and Kevin now and her stomping about the floor .
Tappingfeet
Tappingfeet

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 pm

The Result:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next