Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

+6
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
jingle
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
10 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 12 Empty Finals

Post  B4p Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:40 pm

study Final Music & Dance Choices study

The Judges' Pick

Debbie McGee and Giovanni Pernice Salsa to
Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Boys Town Gang
https://youtu.be/GWHZxXuJFzw

Alexandra Burke and Gorka Marquez American Smooth to
Wouldn't It Be Lovely from My Fair Lady
https://youtu.be/XB82q-9f2Nk

Joe McFadden and Katya Jones Viennese Waltz to
Somewhere My Love from Dr Zhivago
https://youtu.be/YrRMQsnSvAE

Gemma Atkinson and Aljaz Skorjanec Paso Doble to
Viva La Vida by Coldplay
https://youtu.be/dvgZkm1xWPE

Showdances:

Debbie McGee and Giovanni Pernice
One Day I'll Fly Away by Vaults
https://youtu.be/TMmam-hOYNo

Alexandra Burke and Gorka Marquez
There’s No Business Like Showbusiness by Ethel Merman
https://youtu.be/aVMXw_y7jyI

Joe McFadden and Katya Jones
You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
https://youtu.be/EErSKhC0CZs

Gemma Atkinson and Aljaz Skorjanec
Show Me How You Burlesque by Christina Aguilera
https://youtu.be/9V_6Kn9KGt8
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  Sid Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Cheers B4 - and for putting up all the music this series :-)

So the Judge's picks seem to favour Gemma and Joe (please grow back your tash).

The Showdances - I feel like Gemma's got Alexandra's and Alexandra's got Joe's! Debbie's seems fitting but I hope she's not spending too much of the final in the air; voters might get put off by that.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 pm

I second my thanks B4

What on earth is Katya going to do with that Hall& Oates song? scratch

Looking good for Alex with those songs....I'm still rooting for Joe
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Sid wrote:Cheers B4 - and for putting up all the music this series :-)

So the Judge's picks seem to favour Gemma and Joe (please grow back your tash).

The Showdances - I feel like Gemma's got Alexandra's and Alexandra's got Joe's! Debbie's seems fitting but I hope she's not spending too much of the final in the air; voters might get put off by that.

Sums it up pretty much Sid - and from me also a bit thank you to B4P.

When Zoe was revealing the tunes tonight I really thought that the one that Gemma has would be for Alexandra!   I do hope that Debbie and Gio's won't be all wafty and slow - although the music suggests that it will be - that sort of thing doesn't always go down very well with the viewers.   I don't think I liked Gio's Showdance that he did with Georgia.

Alexandra really lucked out with her music and all is set for a great Fred and Ginger type showdance which always seems to smash it   (ref last year).   I was utterly bereft when I heard Katya and Joe's music but then I remembered one very important thing about the Final this year which is different from all the other years -  We won't be voting after the Showdances -   we will be voting at the end for all 4 couples so the dance to make the most impact will actually be the last dance..........their favourite dance..........could be a game changer?????

As for the judges choices - really pleased that we are seeing the VW from Joe and Katya - I loved that routine and I think it was when he started to take off in the contest - I'm also pleased to be seeing a paso in there and again I think S id is right, Joe and Gemma are favoured in this round, I find the Alex and Debbie choices a bit strange.

At least there seems to be a fair variety of dances this year and is not going to be a Charleston fest - until possibly we get to the last round.......I wonder who will get their way on this one?? Very Happy  Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I second my thanks B4.
 You're welcome everybody. It's been my pleasure  Very Happy

Maybe something with a bit of quickstep in it?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 am

Okay am starting to fret about Joe's Showdance music. Like, WHY? It's so.....random. I can't even tell what genre they'll be dancing to it. Jive? It's so awful. Even Katya's impressive record when it comes to choreo isn't reassuring me because what exactly can you do with that track?

On reflection I think Debbie's Showdance music won't just bring out the best in her but it will stand out for being the only slow one (bit like Caroline's).

Alexandra has a big number but whether it'll suit her is another matter. I was really hoping for a sassy party Latin vibe because that plays to her strengths. I think her Judge's Pick is the most forgettable of the four. I eat sleep and breathe Strictly and even I struggle to remember it - why on earth would casual viewers? And if you can't remember it, how will you decide if Alex has improved or not? I wish they'd scrap the judge's choice and let the couples pick their two favourite dances.

I also feel Joe really needs to perform his Samba to stand a chance. It's his stand-out performance I'd say. Not the Paso - which is what I've a feeling he and Katya will go for.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 am

Sid wrote:Okay am starting to fret about Joe's Showdance music. Like, WHY? It's so.....random. I can't even tell what genre they'll be dancing to it. Jive? It's so awful. Even Katya's impressive record when it comes to choreo isn't reassuring me because what exactly can you do with that track?

I also feel Joe really needs to perform his Samba to stand a chance. It's his stand-out performance I'd say. Not the Paso - which is what I've a feeling he and Katya will go for.
Samba for me please. It's been years since the last decent one. I feel another Samba drought is accomin in, and I need to stock up.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:04 am

Mauveangel09 wrote:Alexandra really lucked out with her music and all is set for a great Fred and Ginger type showdance which always seems to smash it   (ref last year).   I was utterly bereft when I heard Katya and Joe's music but then I remembered one very important thing about the Final this year which is different from all the other years -  We won't be voting after the Showdances -   we will be voting at the end for all 4 couples so the dance to make the most impact will actually be the last dance..........their favourite dance..........could be a game changer?????

Ah this does indeed make a difference mauve, I did not know this, thank you for enlightening me.
Like Sid I'm fretting for Joe's showdance ( in Katya we trust, in Katya we trust, in Katya we trust....)but yes B4
something with a bit of quickstep in it
could work really well.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I second my thanks B4

Looking good for Alex with those songs....I'm still rooting for Joe

Maybe she will be using this as inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJoIaXZ0rw (dancing doesn't start until a minute in)

or even (eeeek!! affraid ) this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJoIaXZ0rw

But my favourite is this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjfQzbZG6A
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

I've given up on music. I belong to a dinosaur age and I'm almost extinct. When Sinatrasaurus and Deanodactils roamed the earth in search of Rosemaryclooneyraptors and Ellafitzdracopods, and young Fred and Wilma (sorry, Ginger) where treading the landscape, and Crocodiles and aligators were seeing each other later, I was in a terpsichoral sort of heaven. The guitar strings have lost tension and everything has gone down an octave (oe two maybe). I shall just sit back po-faced and maybe take the batteries out of my hearing aids and just try to figure out why I'm hearing Mambo Italiano, Love is in the Air and Sway to everything..

Ee, bye gum, when I were a lad..... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Diamonds wrote:But my favourite is this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjfQzbZG6A
I love you cheers
Brilliant! I'm feeling a bit more hopeful now for Joe!
Excellent research D&P sunny
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Maybe she will be using this as inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJoIaXZ0rw (dancing doesn't start until a minute in)
He's in NCIS isn't he?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which music and dance choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 pm

I am intrigued to see what Joe and Katya come up with for their Showdance - I think I have worked out the direction in which all the others are going but even from the few clips seen on ITT and their interview tonight - really not sure what theirs will be all about - there was talk about a princess/prince/magic - might it be something that starts off as something and ends up as something else?? Very intrigued Very Happy Very Happy

In the couples favourites I really hope that Gemma and Alijaz reprise their American Smooth from Blackpool, easily their stand-out dance for me and what a great song and mood for the final. I hope that Alexandra will do a latin n umber as this has been her strength - personally I'd love to see the cha cha again, but perhaps it will be the jive?? I would love love love to see 'that' samba again from Joe and Katya - but could be the toy soldier Charleston or even the paso? Like S id said elsewhere, I really hope that Debbie and Gio will be giving us the Argentine Tango (to that delicious music) rather than the ballroom Tango. Even though that dance had CRH inexplicably bowing down (not something I care to remember particularly!) it didn't blow me away and didn't quite like the music and costumes....................so we shall see...............so looking forward to the show but I hope we are not going to get too many red dresses in the final!!! Seems to have been one of the 'colours' this season Laughing Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:47 am

mauve wrote:I am intrigued to see what Joe and Katya come up with for their Showdance - I think I have worked out the direction in which all the others are going but even from the few clips seen on ITT and their interview tonight - really not sure what theirs will be all about - there was talk about a princess/prince/magic - might it be something that starts off as something and ends up as something else?? Very intrigued  

I agree Mauve- I think it's fairly obvious that Alex and Gorka are going to give us a big old showstopper jazz hands n.umber and Debbie and Giovanni  will be a flexiMcGeeliftathon, but Joe and Katya- at the beginning of the week my heart sank when I heard the music choices, but now I'm thinking we are going to get a very original showdance that could be one to change everything. Whatever you think of team Cola, I do remember being blown away on the night by their Charleston because  at the time it was so different and joyful and I think this could be the same.
bounce rabbit
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 am

Yes, I'm very curious about Joe's showdance too. I think Katya has devised the most inventive routines so far this series - my own favourite was their spiders web dance (foxtrot I think) at Halloween.  I'm intrigued by their showdance 'fairytale' costumes - Katya's princess dress shown on ITT looked almost too wide to dance in, and Vicky mentioned the dress was 'part' of her costume so I'm wondering if there'll be a Bucks Fizz-style reveal.

I'm intrigued about the criteria used for the judges choice, just because there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Alex's and Joe's are both from week 3 and Gemma's from week 4, whilst Debbie's is from week 8, which could arguably make things easier for Debbie (Joe mentioned his difficulty remembering his week 3 routine on ITT).  Alex and Joe have both been given one of their relatively low scoring dances (though not their lowest) whereas the paso chosen for Gemma was her second highest score over the series, and the choice for Debbie was her highest scoring latin over the series.  I guess the judges will explain their choices on the night, but personally I'd like a bit more consistency or criteria for their choices, for example if they were all given their lowest scoring dance, or a dance from weeks 1-5.

Having said all that, I am glad that Gemma is repeating her paso - out of all her dances that was my favourite. I think Zoe said their showdance was charleston-based....well, if Cola managed a turnaround dance I wonder if Gemma and Aljaz could do the same.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Something to be going on with..... Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1P3LjkE28
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Fab! Ty Mr T, I hope you are enjoying the sun Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Something to be going on with..... Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ1P3LjkE28

Inspired... Genius :-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 pm

That's lovely Tango.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12