Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours

5 posters

Go down

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours Empty Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:01 pm

Sorry I am late with this year's rumours post but Strictly 2020 really was touch and go about whether it would go ahead.

Anyway a strong rumour breaking is that The Inbetweeners actor Greg Davies has signed up for Strictly 2020. It is also thought to be set in stone that Jamie Laing who was forced out of last year's Strictly due to injury before the series began will be in the starting line-up this year. A number of other rumours include Coronation Street's Bev Callard being tipped to take part. A range of Radio 1 DJ's have been linked as has the BBC Breakfast Weatherman Matt Taylor and also Good Morning Britain presenter Ben Shepherd.

Pretty soon we should be getting the slow roll-out of confirmed celebrities.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours Empty Re: Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:29 pm

Strong rumours that already lined up for Strictly 2020 are comedy stars Caroline Quentin and Bill Bailey. Still no official confirmation of this yet.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Wow, those would be really good signings if true CC. Maybe the current lack of theatre-work, music tours, comedy club performances etc etc might make Strictly more of an attractive gig for some c.elebs this year.

I haven't been following the rumours, but I imagine Jamie Laing who broke his foot in rehearsals last year might appear this year instead.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:27 pm

jingle wrote:Wow, those would be really good signings if true CC. Maybe the current lack of theatre-work, music tours, comedy club performances etc etc might make Strictly more of an attractive gig for some c.elebs this year.

I haven't been following the rumours, but I imagine Jamie Laing who broke his foot in rehearsals last year might appear this year instead.

Apparently, Caroline Quentin is now confirmed for Strictly 2020. And yes I am pretty sure Jamie Laing will be in the starting line-up.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours Empty Re: 2020 Celebrity Rumours

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Yes, Caroline Quentin confirmed on the 'One Show' tonight - interesting. Didn't have the foggiest who the other two were, but that's no bad thing, I've often enjoyed getting to know the contestants in previous years, although I wasn't sure why the American guy isn't competing in DWTS?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes, Caroline Quentin confirmed on the 'One Show' tonight - interesting.   Didn't have the foggiest who the other two were, but that's no bad thing, I've often enjoyed getting to know the contestants in previous years, although I wasn't sure why the American guy isn't competing in DWTS?

Jason Bell is a weird one as you say mauve. He may win a few votes for his hunk value but I think his downfall will be a lack of the popular vote.

Max George much like Jason Bell may struggle for the popular vote although fans of The Wanted will no doubt help his cause.

There is the rumour doing the rounds that this year we will see a same sex couple taking part. We shall see.

This year's confirmed celebrities are:-

Caroline Quentin (Actress)
James Bell (ex-American Footballer)
Max George (ex-The Wanted singer and now actor)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:53 am

This morning on BBC Breakfast Time the fourth entrant to Strictly 2020 was announced.

Olympic boxing champion Nicola Adams will take part and be part of the first same sex couple to take part in Strictly. Her dance qualifications are zero but fitness will help her. She may be hindered or helped by being in a same sex partnership. We shall see.

This year's confirmed celebrities (as of 02/09/20) are:-

Nicola Adams (Boxer)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:06 am

Yes I've just watched the interview with Nicola Adams. Really pleased with her signing, have always liked her attitude and think she'll be a really enthusiastic and fun dancer. I also have an inkling that the same sex angle will flow a lot better than the H/Matt partnership on Dancing on Ice. Maybe they were the victims of all the hype, but I just felt Matt/H had a sense of entitlement about them, whereas I think Nicola will bring a whole different mindset.

Have to say, so far I'm really impressed with the signings. Apart from the american footballer I'm very familiar with all of them. Starting to get those first twitches of Strictly anticipation now!

Btw welcome back Mauve, brilliant to see you return! Doesn't seem so long ago that we were talking about DOI...feels like this year has flown past.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:50 am

jingle wrote:Yes I've just watched the interview with Nicola Adams. Really pleased with her signing, have always liked her attitude and think she'll be a really enthusiastic and fun dancer. I also have an inkling that the same sex angle will flow a lot better than the H/Matt partnership on Dancing on Ice. Maybe they were the victims of all the hype, but I just felt Matt/H had a sense of entitlement about them, whereas I think Nicola will bring a whole different mindset.

Have to say, so far I'm really impressed with the signings. Apart from the american footballer I'm very familiar with all of them. Starting to get those first twitches of Strictly anticipation now!

Btw welcome back Mauve, brilliant to see you return! Doesn't seem so long ago that we were talking about DOI...feels like this year has flown past.

To be honest I am still waiting for an announcement of a celeb I will be rooting for. At present Caroline Quentin comes closest.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Sky are reporting that Good Morning Britain presenter Ranvir Singh and BBC radio presenter Clara Amfo have also been confirmed as celebs for Strictly 2020.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours Empty Re: Strictly 2020 latest Rumours

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:52 pm

I also saw Clare Amfo mentioned today. I think Nicola Adams will be a great contestant - she's a very upbeat and positive person who I think will enjoy the challenge but want to have fun too. I know this is deja vu but your comment about Matt and H in DOI having a sense of 'entitlement' is spot on Jingle and I remember thinking what a good post you put up at the time which summed them up - increasingly grumpy and self-righteous as time went on and accusing the viewers of 'not getting them' - I just don't think Nicola will be like this at all. Matt and H just seemed to run out of steam with their choreography and all the side-by-side stuff - I know that achieving the big lifts and some of the moves was a bit difficult on the ice with two males and may not be such a problem in straightforward dancing with two females - especially given the necessary limitations in place for this year.

I think it will be interesting to see who the pro partner is going to be and what they come up with for the routines - I remember having a bit of a debate about this issue on here last year. Without wanting to sound wrong, I don't think that two girls dancing together is as different as two boys dancing together, as girls are always dancing together anyway and always have done both socially and in dance classes.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:50 am

Another two celebrities announced today. Comedian and presenter Bill Bailey is one and I see him being shoe-horned into a type of David Myers-comedic role. Also announced is Invictus Games star and presenter J J Chalmers - a former soldier who suffered terrible injuries whilst in combat in the Middle East.

The confirmed entrants so far then are:-

Nicola Adams (Boxer)
Ranvir Singh (TV presenter)
Clare Amfo (Radio 1 DJ)
Bill Bailey (Comedian)
J J Chalmers (Invictus Games star)

Refreshingly, so far to my knowledge there are no ringers in there.

EDIT: Perhaps shoe-horned is the wrong phrase with regard the role Bill Bailey may take up. It may be how he chooses to tackle the experience.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Announcements coming thick and fast now. Reality TV star Jaimie Laing who had to pull out of Strictly 2019 before its start will now take his place in Strictly 2020. Also added is actress Maisie Smith who plays Tiffany Butcher in EastEnders.

The ten confirmed entrants so far are:-

Nicola Adams (Boxer)
Clare Amfo (Radio 1 DJ)
Bill Bailey (Comedian)
Jaimie Laing (Reality TV star)
Maisie Smith (Actress)

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 am

HRVY the singer now added to the list - despite my advancing years I'd heard of him!

Have to say, I think the list this year is surprisingly strong - so far I've heard of all of them except the american footballer.

Excitement has ramped up a notch, although seems there'll be quite a long wait till the first show.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am

And completing the line-up of the reduced number of 12 celebrities is the ex-Home Secretary Jacqui Smith.

The full starting line-up then is:-

Nicola Adams (Boxer)
Clare Amfo (Radio 1 DJ)
Bill Bailey (Comedian)
Jaimie Laing (Reality TV star)
Maisie Smith (Actress)
Hrvy (YouTuber Singer)
Jacqui Smith (Ex-Home Secretary)

Of those dozen there are none that I can say right now I will be rooting for but some do tend to grow on you as you get to know them. At present I am drawn towards Caroline Quentin and Bill Bailey as two I know. Ranvir Singh and Maisie Smith as eye candy for this ageing bloke. Pleasingly, we seem to be pretty short of ringers this year but will send my snout out to hold me take me further.

EDIT: Maisie Smith has declared herself a dark horse and has admitted to having had dance training.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2020 Celebrity Rumours Empty Re: SCD 2020 Rumours

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:51 pm

I'm so excited that Bill Bailey is taking part - I have supported him for years and have seen him live a few times way back - before arena tours! I just find him hilarious and always have done, but I am very surprised that he would be doing something like this! His humour is more droll and dry not a clown prince type like Dave Myers - but he will bring some fun to it all and I think its going to be more for fun this year tbh

I agree that it seems to be a nice balanced group of ages and types and I'm sure I'll enjoy getting to know the ones that I don't know (which is most of them tbh) as the weeks progress. I don't mind there being fewer couples, it might take us back to how it used to be a bit.

Wish it was starting a bit sooner though! Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:01 am

So as the new series begins tonight with the couples being paired up its an odd series for various reasons.

The obvious one being the pandemic which means the contestants will be kept in a social bubble staying in a hotel and living in isolation whilst they remain in the competition plus there is unlikely to be any great He is. And we obey him. in the audience (if any at all). Also (for me personally) there is no one I really feel any affinity for though will be good to see how Bill Bailey gets on and may root for Caroline Quentin. As for this year's favourites well Maisie Smith has already confessed to having had dance training so she comes into ringer category. Also I recall last year (prior to his injury) how polished Jaime Laing looked so he must be one of the favourites. I really don't know a lot (yet) about the rest and hopefully one or two will endear themselves to me as well.

Anyway here's to Strictly 2020. Very Happy
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Yes heres to the show...........and to everyone out there!cheers

We really need a bit of cheer and despite not knowing quite what to expect I'm determined to enjoy it as I think we are lucky that it is happening at all. I think it will be very interesting to see how they are going to do it - not sure which dances will not be done and how they will approach each dance. I think we may see quite a lot of side by side and synchronised stuff, as opposed to being in hold - but not sure.

Really looking forward to what they come up with and reading comments afterwards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:21 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
Yes heres to the show...........and to everyone out there!cheers

We really need a bit of cheer and despite not knowing quite what to expect I'm determined to enjoy it as I think we are lucky that it is happening at all.     I think it will be very interesting to see how they are going to do it - not sure which dances will not be done and how they will approach each dance.    I think we may see quite a lot of side by side and synchronised stuff, as opposed to being in hold - but not sure.

Really looking forward to what they come up with and reading comments afterwards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think they will still be in hold. Everyone in the competition will be staying in a social bubble and checked regularly for the virus - much like recent tennis tournaments have been down with all competitors staying in the one hotel with nobody else staying there. It will interest/puzzle me as to how to interpret same sex couple dancing the Paso Doble which is dependent on the male dominant figure in it. Who then takes that on? Also I am presuming there will be no audiences allowed in which will be a shame but as you say mauve we should just be thankful it is on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:04 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes, Caroline Quentin confirmed on the 'One Show' tonight - interesting.   Didn't have the foggiest who the other two were, but that's no bad thing, I've often enjoyed getting to know the contestants in previous years, although I wasn't sure why the American guy isn't competing in DWTS?

Because he lives and works over here. He is a sports commentator I believe...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

I think they will still be in hold. Everyone in the competition will be staying in a social bubble and checked regularly for the virus - much like recent tennis tournaments have been down with all competitors staying in the one hotel with nobody else staying there. It will interest/puzzle me as to how to interpret same sex couple dancing the Paso Doble which is dependent on the male dominant figure in it. Who then takes that on? Also I am presuming there will be no audiences allowed in which will be a shame but as you say mauve we should just be thankful it is on.

Either one of them! My vote is for Nicola to be the Matador - she will look splendid in the appropriate costume and her boxing training should give her the power and presence to give a commanding performance. However, Katya could also do it as she can be fierce! But I think Nicola very much wants to lead in dances, so I reckon she will be the matador. Ole! (With apologies to Tango for inappropriate use...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Just a word on the over publicised issue of drag, same-sex partners and pro dancers in high heels etc. Why the fandango? How has it all got into what we are told is a "family show"? ..Way back when, it would all have been seen purely as pantomime and kept in proportion with fun and laughter as the main aim and no national this, that and the other "days", parades etc outside of Mardi Gra and Notting Hill which were/are primarily music and dance festivals after all. "Bad publicity better than no publicity" seems to have found favour with the organisers of Strictly (who will stoutly deny any such thing) , kids or no watching. David Tee asks which is the next turn the show will take? That's a very good, and maybe a little worrying question when you look at Strictly ten/fifteen years ago and how it may be ten years on from now, if indeed it's still running. Personally, I may be long gone by then, who knows, but I have kids and grandkids, even great grand kids who I'd love to think will keep ballroom dance alive..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down