Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 27 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 pm

fiftynotout wrote:It's official, Louis is a girl ha ha!

That did prove he's rather teenage in his attitude. Confident enough in his own way but not very mature in his outlook. Very "Kevin" attitude about it all. It did show a good laugh would probably hospitalise him; maybe that accounts for his lack of expression in the dance. He doesn't seem to realise that the person dancing is as important as the dance. "Learn the steps and that'll do" sort of thing.

I'm finding ITT a bit of a let-down right now. Zoe's manic gushing delight at everything and her constant references about her own dancing tend to irk a bit. And that McDoodlebug fella is a waste of watching time. I don't lie when I say I actually nodded off last night when he was on.
Claudia's deadpan humour was much more to my liking.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 27 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  jingle Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 am

One wee thing which has started irritating me about ITT is that it's beginning to sound like they're adding canned laughter. It was OK when the film crew used to yell and laugh a bit in the background, but there's too much of it now. I noticed tonight that Ian has started sort of playing along to it, looking for laughs - bit too distracting for me.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 am

Sid wrote:
saxonsiren wrote: Razz What would be midnight nibbles!!!

Sax

Bobby perhaps Wink Although he's more like a midnight feast! Will get Lils to help me out Laughing

Delighted to oblige, Sid! I love you
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 am

Just caught up with both Tuesday's and last night's ITT and wanted to post a few thoughts.

Love the partnerships between Michael and Natalie, Kimberley and Pasha, Dani and Vincent. All three couples seem to be genuine.

I find Karen and Ian very informative. Karen's explananation of what was missing from Louis' Paso was really good - she sounds like she's an excellent coach.

Like Mr D I thought Louis was very much a teenager Rolling Eyes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:05 pm

His home was that of a typical teenagers bedroom!!! I agree ITT has gone off the boil a bit!! I need either more celeb guests on or Zoe to stop liking everything!!! Also agree to much yelping & whoo hooing in the background! Is it rent a gob crowd now?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 27 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'it Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

I did enjoy Karen's spot on ITT this week - she has been getting on my nerves a bit of late - but I too enjoyed how she illustrated what the judges want of Louis and what was missing from his Paso - she was spot on. Also, I was interested in what she said about DvO and James - we have seen many couples in the lead from the start who begin to display signs of tiredness and burn out at around this time - this hasn't been the case with DvO - and as Karen pointed out they are doing their best not to 'plateau' and to come up with challenging routines each week.

Listening to the 'history' of the AT tonight - and seeing Ian and Karen dancing little bits of it - reminded me of how I feel that this dance has deteriorated on 'Strictly' in the the last few years. I don't want to sound negative - but I love this dance and it packed such a punch when it was done in the semis - couples really used to strive to do an authentic performance - the performances we see these days tend to be full of lifts (not all of them in the style of the AT) and thrills but with just a smattering of AT moves - like a 'nod' to it really. Am I being too harsh??? Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
performances we see these days tend to be full of lifts (not all of them in the style of the AT) and thrills but with just a smattering of AT moves - like a 'nod' to it really. Am I being too harsh??? Question

Not at all Mauveangel. Watch Argentinians dancing their own tango; it's all about intimacy and classy footwork. Lifts are show stuff in for effect.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 am

I feel the same way. The intricate footwork and the "lead and follow" of the AT is what excites me about this dance. Not so much the lifts.

And have you seen the music Nicky & Karen are dancing to? "Skyfall" hardly seems appropriate.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 am

Totally agree....but on the plus side, Miranda's on the Friday panel Very Happy
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

ITT such fun!!! I know Miranda a big fan of SCD! I hope she has two equally refreshing Friday Night Panelists!! With all the news re Cruise dancers!! put a vest on you strumpet/james, Kristina,Darren/Lillia! Ian/Katya! Natalie & C.raig!! Does this mean a year break from SCD? Or totally new dancers?? Or trying a Junior formula?
scratch

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

Sid wrote:And have you seen the music Nicky & Karen are dancing to? "Skyfall" hardly seems appropriate.
I don't like the song anyway - it sounds like a rip off of Diamonds Are Forever to me, with added key changes so there's no coherent melody.

Russell's bit was better last night, I thought. They'll have worked out how to do the stats bit by the time the series is over! Smile
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Missed tonights show!!! Waiting for it to appear on catch up tv!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

I know, Sax... it's frustrating isn't it, having to wait? It means you have to guess what happened when you read some of the items on the other threads.

At teatime, I had to catch up on Wednesday's ITT (as was out at my great-niece's school concert - she's 8 and just joined the choir - brought lump to the throat when she sang 'Little Donkey'), followed by Thursday's ITT (was out at a Management Committee meeting for our Allotments Association, reporting on progress on our Community Garden project) so have had a 'bumper session' of ITT. Grrrrrr...... I hate missing ITT.

Have to sift through all the bits and pieces I saw to pick some more inspiration for another verse.
Bit tired,though now, so might be tomorrow.

Night night! I love you
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Ill probably watch it tomorrow after brunch!! I went food shopping brought the highly acclaimed Aldi Orange Zest Christmas Pudding & brought Port!!! Then we have had a lovely chunky bread & beef stew!!!! Now cosy in PJ.s & watching tv in the warm!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

By the way guys, if you miss ITT by just a couple of hours, then you can go to iplayer, click on BBC2 and "Watch Live" and scroll back to 6.30.

That way you don't have to wait ages for them to upload the episode Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Sid wrote:By the way guys, if you miss ITT by just a couple of hours, then you can go to iplayer, click on BBC2 and "Watch Live" and scroll back to 6.30.

That way you don't have to wait ages for them to upload the episode Smile

Now that is a TOP top tip Sid!! I only thought you could rewind whatever was live at the time- dur! Rolling Eyes
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 pm

I know Sid Very Happy im being lazy!!! My excuse thou HIGNFY & 10pm IACGMOOH!! the final to watch!! Usually I slip onto I player!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Sax I thought the final was tomorrow Question
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:52 pm

I Player is a good function & usually works!!!Sometimes they show the HD only frustrating if you haven't got HD! I have got HD just its more finger flicking through buttons lol! Im being lazy!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm

gingercodgers wrote:Sax I thought the final was tomorrow Question

Ooh It says on the info who will make the final hurdle to be King or Queen? Maybe its wrong?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 27 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'It Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
mauveangel09 wrote:
performances we see these days tend to be full of lifts (not all of them in the style of the AT) and thrills but with just a smattering of AT moves - like a 'nod' to it really. Am I being too harsh??? Question

Not at all Mauveangel. Watch Argentinians dancing their own tango; it's all about intimacy and classy footwork. Lifts are show stuff in for effect.

Thanks Mr T and others who commented.

Enjoyed the 'Friday Panel' tonight - particularly Miranda - very good comments - I too thought that Nicky was doing some kind of Michael Jackson move in his training footage -(last night). Did anyone else notice Zoes gaffe when she was talking to Alfie Boe - she said 'Saturday results Show' !

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Enjoyed the 'Friday Panel' tonight - particularly Miranda - very good comments.
So did I. Three of my favourites on the sofa. Miranda brought so much fun to the show tonight - outshone Zoe completely. June Whitfield is getting smaller and smaller - such a professional and pleasant lady. Saw a prog called Fern Britton meets Alfie Boe, who came across as such a lovely guy with a great sense of humour. Looking forward to seeing him on the Saturday Results Show...ooops Sunday Results Show. Laughing

I was quite taken aback when they raised the point on ITT of Natalie's AT dress being very similar to Aliona's, and taking pains to point out it was not the same dress, which we conjectured about. They also replied to our speculation on here about what they do with the dresses afterwards. Proof enough, for me, that they read this forum.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 pm

They do indeed!! All those hidden guests 31 the other day!!! Jenny advised She checks forums

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:45 am

I wasn't that impressed with Alfie Boe, I appreciate that he's the on the results show on 'Sunday' but he didn't come across as having much of an interest in the programme IMO.
Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:04 am

I know Miranda is statuesque but didn't June Whitfield look TINY?
Love Miranda, if she won't do the show as a celeb, they must fins her a role as presenter- I wonder how she and our Claude would bounce off each other my guess is it would be hilarious Very Happy Very Happy
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next