Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 28 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Lucielle Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 am

Little Ms Hit wrote:I wasn't that impressed with Alfie Boe, I appreciate that he's the on the results show on 'Sunday' but he didn't come across as having much of an interest in the programme IMO.
It did look a bit that way. Perhaps he was overawed somewhat by Miranda's and Zoe's exuberance. He's a very mild-mannered chap. Anyway, I love him and his voice and his j ourney. Laughing
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 28 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Miranda & C.laudia!!! What a fabulous duo they would make!!! Alfie on Saturday Kitchen this morning looking more comfortable than on ITT Very Happy . Im not keen re Alfie love his j.ourney thou to fame.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Miranda & C.laudia!!! What a fabulous duo they would make!!! Alfie on Saturday Kitchen this morning looking more comfortable than on ITT Very Happy . Im not keen re Alfie love his j.ourney thou to fame.

Sax

I wish he would stick to opera. I don't like the way he sings Bridge Over Troubled Water which he bangs out at every available opportunity.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Only one version Of Bridge Over Troubled Water for me!!! Its a beautiful song & Alfie sorry doesn't do it justice.Same way Michael Crawford's Phantom voice the best for me!!!
Alfie is promoting a new show I believe?

Yells ITT invite us for The Friday Night Panel!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 28 Empty Re Zoe Ball to present ITT 2012

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Did anyone else notice Zoes gaffe when she was talking to Alfie Boe - she said 'Saturday results Show' !

Mauve I did lol!
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 am

Poppetlovestango wrote: Did anyone else notice Zoes gaffe when she was talking to Alfie Boe - she said 'Saturday results Show' !

Mauve I did lol!

And me! I know I shouldn't still have a bee in my bonnet about the Sunday night results show (or rather, the way it is presented to us) but Zoe's gaffe did make me go "ha! that'll show 'em, it's farcical!" Laughing

By the way, I thought Alfie's attitude to being on ITT ' what I'm supposed to be doing here?' also was Razz

Zoe had her hands full, that night! Loved Miranda... could be a contender for future presenter, so Zoe, watch out!
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Think Miranda would need a side kick! Possibly Pauline Collins or Rufus!!!
Maybe Zoe might be elevated to main show?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Natalie seemed genuinely upset to be out! She had wished for the Paso! A shame as Natalie advised they hadn't danced the VW! Michael bless advised it was the right time to go what a gentlemen! The VT showed their relationship teacher/pupil working together to produce a dance & VT playing to Snow Patrol Chasing Cars almost tearful!!! I shall miss this pairing a lot Crying or Very sad

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 28 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'It Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm

I thought that Michale and Nathalie were really natural and gracious tonight - to me he is the type of contestant which 'Strictly' is all about. Someone a few weeks ago on another thread - sorry I can't remember who- likened him to one of the 'Strictly' contestants of yesteryear - it was a very apt description Well done Michael (and Nathalie!) Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Twas me mauve!

And yes, watching Michael & Natalie's progress and their interviews, it was like going back to the good old days of Strictly.

I got goosebumps watching their best bits - especially the clips of their Quickstep and American Smooth.

Didn't really see the point of the interview with Michael Buble. He was just there to promote his music. He wasn't invested in the series - not that I blame him, he's clearly been busy, but ITT wasn't the right place for him then.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Sid wrote:Didn't really see the point of the interview with Michael Buble. He was just there to promote his music. He wasn't invested in the series - not that I blame him, he's clearly been busy, but ITT wasn't the right place for him then.

Is it me with rose tinted specs on, or did ITT used to be about celebs who were Strictly fans rather than celebs with something to promote? I am getting increasingly annoyed by guests appearing when they are just doing the rounds of shows-and singing on the results show to promote their latest /re-released album does not automatically entitle them to being on Friday panel!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

rant over..............
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

Is it me with rose tinted specs on, or did ITT used to be about celebs who were Strictly fans rather than celebs with something to promote?

It did alls.

I remember Pauline Quirk and Marian Keyes appearing regularly because they were true fans - it was like they were part of the Strictly family. Their appearances brought warmth and familiarity to the show. By contrast, Michael Buble's interview left me cold. I really don't want ITT being used as a vehicle for celebs to promote stuff.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Snap less plugs re books & tours!! More fan based celebs please! Maybe ex champions to pop back in!!! ITT seems to have lost its charm & function for the real SCD fans!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Actually, thinking about it, has it changed since new exec producer came in? scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:08 am

What's with "Hi I'm Zoe and this is my show and don't you forget it" wearing specs and being handed sheets she never reads from? Silver tongued Italian Stallion's spot is another irk, totally meaningless time waster as is Julian Mc Doodlebug. ITT needs a swift kick up its saintly ass.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 am

Too true, Mr D, I've hardly watched it this year - a couple of helpings of Silver tongued Italian Stallion were enough for me! And if they can't afford to put him in an Italian restaurant, they should leave him in the studio. That background is just so irritating!
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 am

I feel more than one kick Mr D! is needed.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 am

Sid wrote:

I remember Pauline Quirk and Marian Keyes appearing regularly because they were true fans

I just went and looked at Marian Keyes website and from her October newsletter it sounds as if she would have loved to be on ITT. "I even considered asking It Takes Two if they’d have me on the Friday panel, just to get ‘close’ to the show"

She's obviously still a massive fan of SCD Very Happy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 am

If she & Pauline had concerts,albums to sell then ITT would bite their hands off!! I bet next week will be either
one direction, Simon Slator (book/tv series to promote) Mrs Brown as roadshow to promote!!!
Mind you Id find Mrs Brown entertaining!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Wallflower wrote:
I just went and looked at Marian Keyes website and from her October newsletter it sounds as if she would have loved to be on ITT. "I even considered asking It Takes Two if they’d have me on the Friday panel, just to get ‘close’ to the show"

She's obviously still a massive fan of SCD Very Happy

Marian is totally OBSESSED with Pasha, Flower! She's an absolute hoot on Twitter. Unfortunately though, her ongoing battle with depression prevents her doing TV interviews these days Sad
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 pm

It is a shame Sid & Im sure a few mins VT with Marion would be nore fun & watchable than guess B.runo's wacko questions.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Noted tonight Nicky did look at Karen when she spoke.Noted Karen advising its not just about personality re Lisa she pointed out gapping at this stage shouldn't be there! Also picked out poor footwork!
Lisa's dress number 3! Shocked Natalie's dress number two for half a dress!! He said it had everything ott! The top spot goes to Flavia! A lovely red dress! I had hoped to have seen Danni's dress in the top three!
Still not sure about go to work in a SCD dress/suit slot!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm

I switch off as soon as JM appears. However, I'm pleased he picked Flavia's red dress as his favourite. I thought the hat she wore was dead cute too!

I'm liking Karen's honesty in Choreography Corner. Not toeing the party line.

And you're right Sax, Nicky was interacting much better with Karen tonight. I feel like they've drawn the short straw this week though. Samba and American smooth? I just can't see them pulling it off. And why are Kim & Pasha using two dances they've already learnt & performed? That's ridiculous.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Sid he even wore Flavia's hat at the end of the show!!! Maybe Nicky took a few comments on board? Karen l agree I like her not toeing the line either!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Sid wrote: I feel like they've drawn the short straw this week though. Samba and American smooth? I just can't see them pulling it off. And why are Kim & Pasha using two dances they've already learnt & performed? That's ridiculous.

Way I understood it Sid, they can choose as long as they don't do dances from the previous week or the next one. Might have got that wrong.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next