Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 5 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  Lucielle Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 pm

I put my book down to watch the finals of BGT. What an extremely good show I thought. The winners Ashleigh & Pudsey - not sure I'm entirely happy about this act. Interesting to watch and Ashleigh is a very good trainer, plus Pudsey is her pet and therefore not originally bought to perform (I sincerely hope). But there was something not quite ethical about this act - like performing elephants isn't ethical - Pudsey had to do his act twice under very hot lights and in front of screaming crowds. Why does his head always drop when he's being still ? Ashleigh surreptitiously keeps her hand under his chin to keep his head up. Just pondering...

I love dogs, and so does Simon - who could combine his love of dogs with a money-spinning act. We shall see this act on the Royal Variety Performance and I hope that's where it ends for Pudsey - and that next year a collection of wannerbee owners doesn't line up outside the BGT studios having put their pooches through rigorous performance training.

I expect they'll be a lot of manufacturers of dog products lining up to have a piece of Pudsey - Ashleigh is going to be quite rich - assuming she won't always have to pay an agent's fee to Syco.

That aside, the finalist acts last night were very good indeed - several of whom will undoubtedly be gracing our screens in the coming months, if not years, ie Only Boys Aloud, Jonathan & Charlotte, Ryan O'Shaughnessy, Lovable Rogues, and Aquabatique - to name but a few. There's no getting away from it, the show achieves its purpose of showcasing talent from hitherto nationally unknowns. Pity the excellent jazz band The Jive Aces got dismissed so rapidly. Nothing to do with their religion, I hope.. scratch
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 5 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 am

I didn't watch BGT but i thought Pudsey & performing handler!!! would win due
to all the hype in papers. Most dog,cat,livestock contests the handlers are always holding
their head high to best showcase the animals stance & physique! A shame i always
feel as some look uncomfy! Next year suggest BGA Britains Got Animals, i am
considering training a goldfish some of the aquatic tricks of Dolphins
with a hint of synchronised swimming! Failing that the two homing pigeons
to read a tarot card for people!

I have missed Maestro glad see CRH get to final thou.

What a Sunday without Homeland!!!! please please hurry with next series. Will Carrie
remember? Will the daughter dob her herfather in or convert berself & Brodie
have to save her from a suicide misson? Why did none of the secret agents
notice Brodie fiddling with his arm jacket or notice the trigger?

Im still waiting for Noah Wyle's return in Falling Skies
btw anyone watch The Starlings? comedy with Bates from Downton Abbey?
i forgot to v+ it

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Next year suggest BGA Britains Got Animals, i am considering training a goldfish some of the aquatic tricks of Dolphins with a hint of synchronised swimming! Failing that the two homing pigeons to read a tarot card for people!
Laughing or, perhaps, a parrot reading a tarot while eating a carrot. I feel a rhyme coming on. Very Happy
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Birdsong Part 1 BBC4
I didn’t get the first showing of this but, having seen the repeat, I now do. I fully understand the artistry of the production, ie its dreamy-like quality, the long soulful expressions and why it’s so softly spoken. And it was much more audible this time - the BBC must have listened to the complaints.

The reason I had a problem last time I think was because, having read the book, my own images were firmly imbedded in my mind and the adaptation didn’t comply with this, so it was disappointing. I see it differently now. Beautifully portrayed - the trench scenes actually reduced me to tears. Final part next week.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 pm

56 Up
I've watched these programmes over the years and find it so interesting to find out how their lives are panning out. Neil in particular I find such a sad character especially compared to the chirpy little boy he was at 7
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Wed May 16, 2012 2:08 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:56 Up
I've watched these programmes over the years and find it so interesting to find out how their lives are panning out. Neil in particular I find such a sad character especially compared to the chirpy little boy he was at 7

Oh bummer, when was this on ? I am just back from hols and missed it. Any idea if it is repeated anywhere. I have seen them all over the years. Is Neil the guy who was homeless and had mental health issues ? Poor bloke, I remember him as a very chirpy little boy too.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed May 16, 2012 6:20 am

TompsHB wrote:
allsewnonbyhand wrote:56 Up

Oh bummer, when was this on ? I am just back from hols and missed it. Any idea if it is repeated anywhere. I have seen them all over the years. Is Neil the guy who was homeless and had mental health issues ? Poor bloke, I remember him as a very chirpy little boy too.

That's him Tomps. He really struck a chord, with lots of people I think.
It was on Monday night ITV so you should be able to get it on catch up. I think there's three, not sure when the next one is, presumably next Monday
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat May 19, 2012 10:17 am

Just been catching up on some recorded programmes. Last in the series of Maestro at the opera...I won't say who won in case anyone's going to watch it on iplayer, but will say that CRH was absolutely a..maaaz...ing. Total respect to him, he threw himself into it 100%. It was also funny to see him call just about everyone 'darling' nevermind who they were.

Also watched Formula One The Killer Years, and wished I hadn't Crying or Very sad I've really only got into F1 in the last 10 years, so didn't realise just how brutal it was in earlier times. Totally horrific footage, which has left me feeling quite disturbed (ever get glued to a TV programme and then regret it?)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Anyone else a Eurovision fan? Just watched the first semi final, and cheers Jedward are through. Also the Russian grannies, and the scary Albanian singer (who I like). I also really liked Denmark, think they could do well.

Always love Eurovision, but have mixed feelings about location this year having watched the Panorama programme on Azerbajhan. I hope at best it brings the worlds attention to their political issues, like the Formula 1 in Bahrain did earlier this year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 am

I miss Terry Wogans sarcasam about the acts/outfits! We used to pick out of hat a country
if they won the "nil/zilch/no pts at all you won the £s! I hate the new style of political voting
for each other!!

Who can forget Screech? Scootch?in the awful blue airline outfits! or Isreal winning with a song
about milk & honey! After all Eurovision gave us ABBA! & discovered UK had a talent
for ripping off skirts! lol re Bucks Fizz

Jedward? mmm are they in again? Thought Hump The thongy man was crooning our song?
I shall have to research this as a ssh closet Eurovison fan!

I did see final only of Maestro & Wow a huge effort! Well done to winner Wink

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 am

Cool
Just watched Jedward! Love the gold boots & how high their quiffs are! It actually sounded a Euro song!
Not keen re the Russian Grannies!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri May 25, 2012 12:36 am

Agree with you about Jedward, I think they're perfect for Eurovision (though seeing them on TV once a year is enough for me!)
Second semi-final was OK, glad that Sweden got through to the final - a singer who looks a bit like a young Kate Bush and does contemporary dance. So other than Jedward and The Hump, I'm supporting Denmark and Sweden. Roll on Saturday night......

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun May 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Poor poor Hump for a long time on 1pt only! Then to come second last! Do you think he got the hump with the scores!!!Jedward i loved truly thought higher scores be given! Russian Grandmas well didn't do it for me!!
Serbia guy looked a little creepy! Who was the wailing woman? forgot if she was act 2 or 3? my ears bled!!!

I do think some of the fun and outlandish costumes have disappeared over the years!!!
Not sure if wanted Sweden to win did look a bit like Kate Bush

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon May 28, 2012 10:43 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Who was the wailing woman?

Very Happy Think the wailing woman was Albania...I found her a bit scary in the semi final, but liked it more second time round. Best song won in my opinion, though disappointed about Jedward and especially The Hump (how embarrassing for him). Not sure what UK have to do to get a chance, I reckon a young (ie, not Blue) good looking boy band like The Wanted with a catchy song and very good stage-show might at least get us into the top 10.

Am having problems with my computer freezing when I try to post here... hopefully third time lucky.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue May 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I had the TV on all through the Eurovision while I was pottering. I won't admit to sitting there avidly watching. Laughing I liked Romania. I hated the wailing woman. A lot of the women seemed to screech, I thought. Where have the tunes gone ? About Englebert how utterly charming he was during discussions and in defeat. I liked the special effects of Jedward's act but I have no time for them at all - sorry. Someone somewhere is talking about Simon Cowell masterminding next year. From what is said he has said he'd like to. If he does will this mean that officially he now rules the world ? Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 5 S498
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I am really enjoying the series of Revenge!! just enough tension,sub plots,betrayals & family secrets!! Madeline Stowe looks great for her age!! Is she a pawn? a victim really? her husband nasty pice of work!!
Weird how the dog Sammie recognises "Amanda" typical male forgot his childhood sweetheart!!
& great news Fallen Skies back July! adore Noah Wyrle.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Downton Abbey starts again on Sunday. cheers What's the betting there's a hitch in the wedding of Lady Mary and Matthew Crawley - it can't possibly be that simple. I wonder if Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine's character) will have anything to do with it. She's bound to throw a spanner in the works somewhere. Wink
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:27 pm

cheers love Downton Abbey i think Edith will marry the posh guy!!
Shirley McClaine will lock horns with Maggie Smith!! I shall thou miss Spooks & Waking the Dead

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 am

saxonsiren wrote: cheers love Downton Abbey i think Edith will marry the posh guy!!
After a rather traumatic interlude, it looks as if this is going to happen. The "interlude" seems to be promoting social comment. I don't know whether it was fairly common for young women to marry considerably older men in the 1920s, especially if they had status and wealth. Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 5 1076-shrug My view is, then and now, if they want to and it makes them happy then why not?

Mary and Matthew did get to tie the knot, but not without a hiccup (sic). I squirmed a bit at their kissing - he with the puckered up lips like a Llama coming at you Razz and she with the nervous tentative lips. I do wish Mary would fire up a bit, her dialogue is so matter-of-fact, even in the marital bed. Surely the ladies of that ilk weren't quite that reserved. Wink

Julian Fellowes is now writing a prequel to DA, when Robert met Cora. She loved him but he was only after one thing.....her money. Shocked

Last edited by Lucielle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Second episode of Downton much better thou Mary & Matthrw's wedding was actually a disappointing affair,awful dress & a quick I do!! A lot of women never married re the shortage of men.They wete known as The Spinster Generation!! So Edith marrying & a man that could sustain her lifestyle wss a coop!! Also after the 1902 act re schooling a lot of girls stayed at School until 14/15 & the allure of shops,factories.better hours & pay,not many girls from 1928 onwards didn't go into service.
I can see why Julian would write a prequel to Downton!!
I watched The Paradise & it shows promise! The shop looks like a stately home!! Would they have let anyone in thou?!
Also Homelands back whoohooo can Carrie come back? Also the comedy Friday Night Dinner I love Tamsin Greg she has a perfect comic/serious personality.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:02 am

jingle wrote:Am having problems with my computer freezing when I try to post here... hopefully third time lucky.
Do you still have problems, Jingle. I ask because my computer is very often slow coming on here compared to other sites.

This morning it was particularly so. What I do, which seems to speed it up, is open another site on another screen and this seems to jolt it into action. Anyone else got slowness difficulties posting on this forum?
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Sometimes & I do the same open up a new tab!! Or just hit refresh!! It's the bots they are messing with us!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am

saxonsiren wrote:Sometimes & I do the same open up a new tab!! Or just hit refresh!! It's the bots they are messing with us!!! Sax
Naughty Bots ! Smack Bots !! Laughing

So it didn't turn out as expected as posh old guy with dodgy arm disappears into the sunset. But Downton is saved and so is Elsie, so who is destined for a sticky end. scratch
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 am

I felt so sorry for Edith & Im certain in those days a Gentlemen wouldn't do that at tha altar not the thing to do old chap.He would have married & slowly push Edith away in one of the wings of the house.A sticky end is in sight for Thomas & O'Brien once scheming chums now scheming rivals!! I cannot understand why Edith gets so put upon.Mary as lover/wife has as much passion as a fishermans cold nose.Plus advising her own mother "you are American ma'ma I am English!" ooh get her!! She needed a dam good spank (50sog on her I would allow little madam!)

Did you also notice the casual way of "We shall need fewer staff don't yell them yet!" So close to the real truth servants not seen or helped out!! Giving Housemaids extra days off for prison visits,cooks doctors bills paid,Housekeeper given light duties!!!

Next week starts the Irish backlash against Britain!! Will Sybil see sense & leave her husband in Ireland?The class difference showing in abundance.I feel also bored with Bates inprison yawnoabbey.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm

cheers Return of Homeland tonight! Now Brodie a congressman can he change politics without bloodshed? How will they convince Carrie to come back? Will she recall the memories? Love this show so Downton gets watched after oops no third as also a return of Friday Night Dinner love the whole cast! The weird neighbour who so fancies Tamsin & has so not a fierce dog!! Sorry Downton your moved to third on Sundays now!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next