Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 6 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  Lucielle Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 am

Shhh... Anyone watching the X-Factor?

Ella Henderson an appealing sweet sixteen year old girl with the voice the size of a house singing Gary Barlow's "Rule the World" gave me goosebumps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4GcKnSE0E If she doesn't become a star I'll eat my shoes.

Haven't yet seen the recording but have read of the traversty of the elimination of Carolynne Poole in favour of Rylan Clark. Rylan is a weird guy who can't sing and...well..am quite lost for words to describe him. All Louis Walsh's fault. Simon, sack the guy for goodness sake, but he won't because it's put the programme back in the headlines. Evil or Very Mad

Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 6 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:30 am

In the past I have always watched XF on catch up (so I can skip all the trash) but this year I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. I haven't watched a single thing. Can't say I'm missing it! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 am

I was at a party when it was on and saw it in HD on a large screen, so it wasn't easily avoided. Usually I record it and ff the guff and the ads. With each year I ff more and more so in the end I just see the songs of those I think have got potential.

Unfortunately on Saturday I did actually see that - erm - performance from Rylan but the whole place stopped when this young girl sang. The quality of the clip on Youtube is very poor but nevertheless it gives some idea of how mesmerising she was. Gary Barlow was almost dumbstruck in awe.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am

I haven't watched any of the zz oops XF this year last year I started then grew bored & switched off.I feel its had its day now!! Apart from Leona (whos is very quiet now!) & Rhydion who as a classical singer doing well!! Who has really made it??

Loved FND poor buggy poor Wilson getting wet!!Classic piece comedy with the mower!!
Homeland I want more!!That smile on Carrie's face showed us she is back!!!
Horror of horror Mrs Brodie finding out he is a muslim now!! Her over reaction will she forsake the highlife of a congressman's wife & possible vice president!! Will he turn back to Carrie??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am

Oh dear...Downton...tissue alert. Sad Extremely good acting as anyone who has been in that position will know. Sad

Am getting a little irritated at the continuing story of the convict who has it in for Bates. Rolling Eyes
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am

Awful sad news yet sets it up for future trauma re Sybils daughter brought up at Downton or Tom disappears with her to Ireland. I also feel Mary & Matthew shall be childless & again the dilemna of the Downton Line.
Poor Edith why does she get the raw deal all the time!? Poor middle child syndrome & I relate to that.
Im bored of the Bates situation!

Homeland fantastic & Saul realising at last Carrie is right re brodie!! Roll on the show!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm

The only other program I'm really into at the mo is The Great British Bake Off.

I can't believe the final has come round so fast!

Not a popular choice (judging by what people on my Twitter and on other forums are saying) but I'd like Brendan to win. He's had the fewest mess-ups and his presentation is exquisitie. The guy is a baking wizard.

But I do like all the finalists.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

My friendoves Bake Off series!! Isn't it an all male final this year?? Im more of a savoury/starters cook.I can cook bodice just not that keen!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

saxonsiren wrote:My friendoves Bake Off series!! Isn't it an all male final this year?? Im more of a savoury/starters cook.I can cook bodice just not that keen!!

Sax

Yes it is sax, although interestingly last year's was an all girl final.

Like you, I don't have much of a sweet tooth but they cook a lot of savoury stuff on the show too!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Lucielle wrote: Do you still have problems, Jingle. I ask because my computer is very often slow coming on here compared to other sites.
Oops, sorry Lucielle, didn't see this or I would've replied earlier. No, think my problem was using Explorer- I've just discovered Google Chrome and it's like having a brand new computer

Sid wrote:
Not a popular choice (judging by what people on my Twitter and on other forums are saying) but I'd like Brendan to win. He's had the fewest mess-ups and his presentation is exquisitie. The guy is a baking wizard.
Oh yes Sid, Brendan MUST win if there's any justice in the baking world! He's so fab - though I like the other two finalists too. Love the Bake off, love the tent location, think the BBC have got it just right with the presenting team. Tuesday nights won't be the same without it.

I've never seen Downton Abbey or Homelands - I gather I've been missing out Very Happy Am going to watch boxed set of Homelands soon, everyone at work has been raving about it.

I found myself watching a new sitcom Me and Mrs Jones last week (Friday I think) and it was actually quite good. Have also got hooked on Monroe on Monday nights (normally don't like hospital dramas but I like the pace of this one). Also Fresh Meat, and also Friday Night Dinner, and Merlin.....there's too much good stuff on TV at the moment.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Watched me & Mrs Jones too!! Love the actress & used to watch Coupling which she also starred in.I thought the first show went ok a gentle humour!! We all know where the plots going re the young man!! I Like Neil Morrisey too in comedies!!
Also happy HIGNFY is back too. Jingle you will get hooked into Homelands!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

jingle wrote:
Oh yes Sid, Brendan MUST win if there's any justice in the baking world! He's so fab - though I like the other two finalists too. Love the Bake off, love the tent location, think the BBC have got it just right with the presenting team. Tuesday nights won't be the same without it.

I've never seen Downton Abbey or Homelands - I gather I've been missing out Very Happy

It was his choux swans that sealed it for me. So elegant!

Dowton is the sort of show that would appeal to me (especially as it features the magnificent Dame Maggie Smith). However, I missed it when it first started and now it's too late to get into it (I'm not really one for buying boxsets). That ship has sailed.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 pm

I can't believe it's the Bake Off final tomorrow either- I've really enjoyed this series and I agree Sid, Brendan should win. I did quite like Catherine but her time had definitely come when she went out. Looking forward to what Brendan comes up with for the final showstopper!
I am probably the only other person in the world not to have seen Downton either Sid - my sis keeps telling me how good it is, but like you I can't be bothered to 'catch up' now.
I think I might try Me and Mrs Jones on iplayer though, it sounds quite good.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Alls - It took me ages to warm to Catherine (because I thought she overdid the little girl lost act to begin with) but I grew to absolutely love her. She was so sweet and funny (and those long lingering looks between her and Paul had us all gossiping!). It was a really sad one when she left (and Manisha too - even though I didn't like her baking).

I reckon James might just sneak the win.

Oh and John is CUTE! Wink
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 pm

lol!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, I won't say anything revealing tonight just in case either of you has taped the GBBO to watch later, but so sad that it's over. No soggy bottoms, but lots of tears (and I think a couple of the contestants might need counselling!)

Love Paul and Mary - had heard the rumours that Paul was tipped for Strictly - such a shame he didn't do it. Hopefully he'll do the xmas special.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 pm

I never watched it!! I do know a little about the programme thou & have some of thr Mary Berry lingerie recipes!!
I used to watch The Great British Menu & got a little fed up of the OTT spiked comments!! Often they went for the wonderful & sublime yet no-one went for plain cooking!! Guess why I adore James Martins traditional menu's!! Anyone else into The Big Bang Theory its mad I love it!! Also Fresh Meat & Jo Bland's Getting On black humour Matron Hilary is a classic character!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 pm

bounce bounce cheers Sorry to hijack the thread with football, but have been following the N Ireland match against Portugal, and we've just drawn 1-1, which is just fantastic and totally unexpected.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 pm

cheers cheers Great News Jingle Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 am

jingle wrote:Well, I won't say anything revealing tonight just in case either of you has taped the GBBO to watch later, but so sad that it's over. No soggy bottoms, but lots of tears (and I think a couple of the contestants might need counselling!)

Love Paul and Mary - had heard the rumours that Paul was tipped for Strictly - such a shame he didn't do it. Hopefully he'll do the xmas special.

no spoilers here either- but what a difficult technical challenge it was for the final! Who'd've thought fondant fancies were so tricky?
but I'm sad it's over too. Now I might have to go to LBT or aerobics to fill the gap! Wink
Would love to see Paul on Strictly- I think he's quite sexy but that hair looks like a WMD- you could do some damage with that!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Someone tweeted this:

"No gimmicks. No fuss. No massive egos and childish rows. No phone votes. This is why the GBBO has been such a great show to watch."

And I wholeheartedly agree!

John's showstopper did look divine, but I thought Brendan would still edge it. Ah well, I think it's really sweet that he's going to teach baking in care homes now. He's one very interesting guy - coming from Ireland, becoming a Bhuddist and bagging himself a toyboy! I'd love him to get his own show. As for James, he blew it with that bizarre showstopper. He focused too much on quantity over quality.

Nice to know Cathryn & Sarah-Jayne are working together now Smile

Lovely, feel-good show. I miss it already.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Homeland wow what an ending to this weeks episode!! Also anyoneelse bored with the Paradise?Yawn how many dresses can that woman own spoilt daughter!! Bored with the tedious oh I love Moray por Peter went home rejected!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Sid wrote:
John's showstopper did look divine, but I thought Brendan would still edge it. Ah well, I think it's really sweet that he's going to teach baking in care homes now. He's one very interesting guy - coming from Ireland, becoming a Bhuddist and bagging himself a toyboy! I'd love him to get his own show. As for James, he blew it with that bizarre showstopper. He focused too much on quantity over quality.

Nice to know Cathryn & Sarah-Jayne are working together now Smile

Lovely, feel-good show. I miss it already.

Agree Sid! Such a good show to watch. I did think Brendan would do it too, but there you go...and yes how did he manage to get his toyboy? I don't think it was his fondant fancies! Wink Embarassed
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
Agree Sid! Such a good show to watch. I did think Brendan would do it too, but there you go...and yes how did he manage to get his toyboy? I don't think it was his fondant fancies! Wink Embarassed

Maybe he offered him a glazed ring Shocked Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Is a glazed ring same as a ringed doughnut? Love lemon drizzle lingerie & thats a ring!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next