Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 11 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 11 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Im so glad Eddie won Splash!! It was surprising Jingle I agree the three finalists
all being mature a nice change. Maybe the younger competitors too fussy about their appearence! I still chuckle re Helen being helped into the pool with a mat! I do hope another series is commissoned! Plus loving Worlds End! A shame only 6 episodes.If only we could have The Shardlake series being made into a tv series!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 11 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Just popped back to say D.O.I is just another GBP farce now. Joe Pasquale is comedy relief but he should have gone a fortnight ago. Get him in the skate off and he's a gonner, closely followed by the boxer kid. Last week's skate off was a farce as neither should have been there. The Black Swan guy gets top marks for inventiveness and pulling it off with aplomb. The Coronation Street girl is clueless on her own and living on soap popularity (what a surprise -not) . Chegwin's body shape will kill him off in favour of the skinnies, shame as his skating is very good.
Beth to win for me. Thankfully, I said that at the start.

Highlight; the continuing brilliance of Torvill and Dean. Quite astounding.

Oh, and Lewis has finally got a grip of Laura Hobson. About time. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Silent Witness, Lewis, and Splash all over Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I might have to take up reading again Very Happy

Glad Joe P left DOI - surely Cheggers can't survive too many more skate-offs (unless he's up against Samia maybe?). I think Gareth has been the biggest surprise - his last couple of routines have shown he's able to perform and look graceful.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Sigh....I might like DOI better if there was no Battle of the Blades, a Canadian show pairing a figure skater with a hockey player. Great BIG guys and little girls......the guys are learning a new skill and the switch from hockey skates to figure skates and the dreaded toe picks has them falling over a lot in the early practices. But they are not afraid of the ice, they can go really fast and lifts? well they don't lack for strength. They use hockey rinks for the shows. Altogether a classier affair than DOI, nicer costumes not so many sequins. Check out the guest judge in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPOxlvQg4Dg

They've now had a female hockey player, here was her first week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MyiwkFvWc

Russian hockey player and Russian pairs skater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiQaBbs30Js

hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Great clips Hatlady, makes DOI look tacky in comparison. Although the hockey players are obviously proficient skaters, like you say they still have to learn a different technique, as well as dance moves. I think the fact that they're already skaters, plus the much bigger ice rink, means they can get real speed over the ice and not rely on too many lifts. I do think DOI suffers a bit from having a relatively small rink, when the more confident ones like Matt and Gareth pick up speed they often look like they're running out of space. Interesting to see Chris as guest judge (again, the Canadian judging panel is a world away from the DOI crew).

Speaking of which, was very disappointed with our lot tonight, especially Robin saying (with a straight face) Samia had better technique than Cheggers. Her entire skate-off routine seemed to comprise of being lifted and carried around by Sylvain. I hate to say it, but I'm finding Jason the fairest of the judges when it comes to skate-offs.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 am

Crying or Very sad No more Blandings, The Hotel or Worlds End!! The last episode of Ripper Street!! A new series of Being Human however early days with the new cast.
Great clips Hatlady & good to hear from you again!! Cheggers off DOIa shame I felt he just had the better edge!!! Jason a suprise judge this year!!
Oh for a few period dramas a few family shows again at the weekend!!!

Saxu
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:25 pm

So, only two weeks left of DOI. Is anyone still watching? Not sure why they kept it as a 90 minute show once it got down to five contestants left (hmm, possibly so they could stick extra-long adverts in between every single performance?). Hope Gareth or Beth wins (just a thought, would love to see both of them on Splash next year)

Anyone else watching Spiral (french crime series) on BBC4 - I'd definitely recommend it.

Anyone watching the series on channel 4 about obsessive cleaners being paired up with hoarders - the idea sounds a bit tacky, but I've found it really interesting and quite heartening.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Im still watching DOI I fast forward through most of the show!!! Somethings missing, the chemistry between Phillip & Christine? The stars they picked!? The professionals having zero charisma? The judging panel?? It needs a break of a year I feel.
Ive seen one episode of obsessive cleaners re hoarders! Im in a tv slumber re lack of good programmes.I have recorded episodes of Touch with Keifer Sutherland & I shall sit & watch the first few!!
Oh to have a good drama,return of Whitechapel please.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 am

Agree Sax, a bit of a TV slump at the moment, even Death in Paradise is over now ( I do like Ben Millar). Though I've noticed there's a crime drama all week on BBC 1 called Mayday, runs Sunday to Thursday, will give it a go.

Semi finals of DOI already, doesn't time fly!

Getting excited about the start of Formula 1 again, only two weeks more to wait Very Happy
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Yes a TV slump at the moment!!!! DOI soon flies towatds final!!! I have enjoyed the new season of Being Humsn!!!! The new Mayday series Im unsure re the curent April Jones cade. I wish we had a few films on a sunday night!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Poor Gareth Crying or Very sad I hope he recovers quickly, can't believe they even allowed him to do the first skate when he was so unwell. Looked like he was about to keel over during the interview Crying or Very sad
sax wrote:I wish we had a few films on a sunday night!!!
I watched that Mothman Prophecies film the other night pale So creepy, couldn't sleep after.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Its a little unjust for Gareth! I wonder if he had been advised not to have taken part by the doctor would he have been given another week?? It clearly showed he was unwell.
I didn't see that film Jingle glad I didn't if it was scarey! I did watch Fraility the other day & enjoyed that a lot!!!
Im unsure whether to watch the series re the missing child tonight! Its a bit too soon after poor April Jones

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Sax, I watched about 40 minutes of the first episode of Mayday and then switched off. All unlikable characters, hammy acting, and a plot that was trying to be too clever. Worse than that, I thought it was boring. Maybe it gets better during the week, but I don't have the patience to stick with it. I definitely wouldn't recommend it!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 am

Ty for the tip!! I had recorded it & I was in two minds whether to watch!! Im missing Ripper Street! Thou Dr Who returns later this month Very Happy. Im waiting for the second episode the three families sharing the house & ghost??
Still trying to click into the new characters from Being Human!!!
Still have the six nations! Whoohooo Im there at Twickenham Sunday!!! & Formula racing for you Jingle Very Happy e
Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Still have the six nations! Whoohooo Im there at Twickenham Sunday!!!

You're going to the match? !! (I'm totally ignorant about rugby Sax, had to google what match is on sunday...England v Italy) Let us know how you get on (take a good coat, going to be freeeezing)

Back to TV, I chanced across a new (?) sitcom the other night called Cuckoo. Wasn't a laugh out loud thing, but pretty amusing all the same (stars the guy who played the headmaster in the Inbetweeners. Don't know his name, but I think he's brilliant with his expressions)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi Jingle yes in person to Twickenham!!! Already got fleece/hat/gloves sorted!!! I haven't seen Cuckoo but I do like the actor Greg something ie headmaster!!! A good comedy I watched Bluewater42 BBC 4!! A comedy set in Afghanistan all about a squad & a woman padre!!! All politically incorrect humour!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 am

Im still enjoying lightfields missed last night watcing today!! Im sure there are skeletons to be brought out!! Comic Relief tomorrow always enjoy & contribute towards this!! The new drama Prisoners Wives could be interesting!!! Plus the drama re The Shetlands?? Re two families!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:03 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Hi Jingle yes in person to Twickenham!!! Already got fleece/hat/gloves sorted!!! I haven't seen Cuckoo but I do like the actor Greg something ie headmaster!!! A good comedy I watched Bluewater42 BBC 4!! A comedy set in Afghanistan all about a squad & a woman padre!!! All politically incorrect humour!!!!

Hope Twickenham went well Sax, I bet it was freezing! Good luck for the decider match this weekend (and hurray! Australian F1 this weekend!)

Haven't seen Bluewater 42, will look out for it. If you can catch Cuckoo on iplayer I'd definitely recommend it, I watched the second one this week and it's getting funnier.

Did you watch Shetland Sax? It got quite a bit of stick for being slow, but I really enjoyed it. Thought the casting of Douglas Henshall worked very well, it felt a bit like a scottish version of Wallander.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Very Happy Ive recorded Shetland!!! Yes freezing cold at Twickenham & the cold Guiness gorgeous lol!!! We had a really good view & I was surprised how close you felt to the pitch!!! Saw the players arrive! Team Capt cor what a handsome chap!!
I shall look out for cuckoo!!! Formula glad to hear cheers I try to watch it I just cannot get into it!!!! The voice due back soon & the new twist they can pinch each others acts!!!! Personally I wish they would just pinch each other instead Razz

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Well least I have a film to watch tonight Men In Black 3!! Watched first episode of The Syndicate!! looks promising so far!!! Missed prisoners wives didn't fancy it anyone watch it?
Snow snow evening!!!! albino
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 am

saxonsiren wrote:Snow snow evening!!!! albino
Crazy amounts of snow here Sax - we went out for a walk last night and it was knee deep. The whole city had a powercut, so it was quite surreal to be walking along dark deserted city streets in the snow...reminded me a bit of that post-apocalyptic book The Road (although without the cannibals!) Power is back on now, but still snowing.
saxonsiren wrote:Missed prisoners wives didn't fancy it anyone watch it?
I 'accidentally' watched it. Never saw the first series, but am now hooked!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:46 am

Oh bet the poer cut & complete darkness illuminated by the snow must have been a magical sight.We have snow wispy flakes today! Last night we had huge snowflakes!! We have about 2-3" by me however a few miles away they have 4-6". I made a huge cauldron vegatable soup yesterday! Making ricotta cheese,spinach,butternut squash lasagne today! Warm food a cosy sofa & a few good films!!!

Sax

Jingle forgot say found a new book its on the Daily Mail books to read today!! 7 excellent reviews on Amazon 7/7 rave about it. Its "Amity & Sorrow" about a mother fleeing a cult(pologramy one) with her two daughters Amity & Sorrow! Her husband had 49 other wives & lots of children!!! Sounds a compelling first novel Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am

I like the sound of that book Sax (haven't read anything this year, missing our club Crying or Very sad 'Fraid I didn't get anywhere with Life Of Pi). I took a look on Amazon, Amity and Sorrow is released on 28th March, so will buy it then. Thanks for the tip Laughing

Btw, your lasagne sounds yummy!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Ive ordered it too!!!! I read the review Daily Mail hopped on Amazon & thought it sounded thought provoking book!!! I have read half of Lop!!! Bit stuck!!!!Missing the club however soon in spring maybe more people wish holiday reads etc!!! Ive even thought re reading Dissolutions again!!!
Formula 1 on this weekend Very Happy & Dr Who starts soon & the Voice!!! Murder in Madrid I enjoyed by C J Sansom!!!!
Lasagne easy to make butternut squash smells lovely whilst roasting in cubes with herbs!!! Its all fresh ingrediants & very tasty!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Jingle Ive been cheeky & added Amity & Sorrow to book club table! tongue !!Might be interesting for others too!!! If wish recipe re lasagne can send you Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next