Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 12 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  jingle Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Eek, I'm on (yet another) diet Sax! Don't tempt me!!

Have pre-ordered Amity and Sorrow, will be good to get back into reading again. I just couldn't get into Life of Pi at all, not sure why.

OH is totally into the Game of Thrones books at the moment - he's read 5 of them (huge big things too) and has ordered the other 2. I might just be lazy and watch the DVDs instead!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 12 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Its a healthy option!!! Plus you can change the pasta sheets for layer of leeks as in hairy bikers lasagne! I found Life of Pi hard finished it yet review is proving difficult to write!!! My friend suggested watching the film!! Sacre Bleu!!
I have only just watched Game of Thrones as we didn't have Sky Atlantic!! I really enjoyed it!! Not sure re the books yet!!! DvDs sound ok!!!! My Wolf Hall coming to the cottage!!! Im hoping it will be worth the anticipatipn Very Happy Im coming to end of Lent meat for me on Sunday!!! Then Monday could go Vegan for Orthodox lent until May 5th!!! Shocked

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi all.
Watching Broadchurch on channel 3.
Guessed most of the plot by end of week 2 but it's a cracking cast. One week left to tie up the loose ends. Annoyed last week as someone (Nigel) was threatening to kill a dog but the dog's just turned up in someone's garden. Good job too, otherwise they'd be another murder looming! Can't stand animal cruelty of any kind. Evil or Very Mad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Very Happy Im getting ready for The Apprentice!! & Dara's post show afterwards!!! Love too pick two candidates at the start & see how they get on!!! Never watched Broadchurch! I guess I missed a great series! Still love the Village & The Voice!! Also hooked on Endeavour!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am

Hi Sax
I like the Apprentice too.
Friends of mine went to see the ballet Romeo & Juliet the other week. I bet them a cookie that they both couldn't hear the "March of the Capulets" without mentioning The Apprentice.

Wonder if he'll have a new theme tune this year? In the hall of the Amstrad king?
Any suggestions?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

A theme!! Well I could think of a few!

The Omen tune for the dreaded pointed finger!

It could have been me! for the other two candidates!

Help! For the losing team in the cafe

Reach for the stars. For the semi final

&

Hello! is it you Im looking for!(cringe) when we meet the candidates

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Sax cheers
More possible Apprentice themes.

Candidates first show - bewitched, bothered and bewildered.....

The lazy passenger in the team who doesn't stick his neck out - Dreamer....

Nick's dour expression - you say it best, when you say nothing at all....

The boardroom losing 3 - rolling in the deep....

Karen (looking at some of the candidates adding up) - what a fool believes.....

S'Rallen (when the boardroom 3 won't shut up) - Chas & Dave's Rabbit....

The Finger Point - Carmina Buranaaaaaaa......

The Sad Cafe brigade - Woke up this morning feeling fine.... or climb every mountain or Abba's I had a dream.....

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Lol excellent choices!!

Bat out of Hello - music for the male teams first task

Your a bitch by Pink for the female teams first task

Crying over you - for the losing team
Man I feel like a woman ! tune for Nick

Under pressure for Karen

Im the king of the Jungle - For Lord Sugar

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 am

What about:

for the boardroom:
good morning judge (10cc)
tell me lies (Fleetwood Mac)
One way or another (Blondie and 1 Direction))

for sad cafe:
instant replay (Dan Hartman?)
it wasn't me (Shaggy)
It's a little bit me (Monkees)
Love don't live here anymore (Rose Royce)

for the winning team:
I'm so excited (Pointer Sisters)
We are the champions (Queen)

for the sales pitch:
walk this way (Aerosmith & Run DMC)
I'm too sexy (Right Said Fred)
These boots are made for walking (Nancy Sinatra)
Running up that hill (Kate Bush)

in the car:
2468 motorway (BTO)
Highway to Hell (Chris Rhea)
I'm in Love with my car (Queen) for S'Rallen

the first project leader
I'm telling you now (Freddie & the Dreamers)
Stop, Look, Listen (Diana Ross)
Just like Jesse James (Cher)

vote off victim:
Dead end Street (Kinks)
Don't let me be misunderstood (Eric Burdon)
Last train to Clottsville (Clarkseville) (Monkees)
Fool if you think it's over (Elkie Brooks)
Call me irresponsible
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun May 05, 2013 11:12 am

Looking forward to watching Dave Allen tonight.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Excellent choices B4P!!!

For The Boardroom!!

When two tribes go to war! Frankie goes to Hollywood
To cut a long story short-Spandau Ballet
For Sad Cafe

Every day hurts- by Sad Cafe
Babe Im leaving! by Styx
Tragedy by Steps/Bee Gees

For the winning team
Gold! Spandau Ballet

For the Sales pitch
Pennies From Heaven Theme tune
Money,money,money. by ABBA

In the car
You drive me crazy by FYC
Chasing Cars by Snowpatrol
Cars by Gary Newman

The first project leader
Jealous Guy. by Bryan Ferry
Hungry like a wolf by Duran Duran

Vote off Victim
Only You by Yazoo
One in ten. UB40
Tears on my pillow!! Forget Artist

Sax
Think we've started a good juke box! Now to see if we can match songs to individuals!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 am

Welcome back LS, Karen & Nick & Dara!! The minute the poor girl put her hand up "I thought oh no!" Didn't she know the girls wouldn't fight for 1st project leader? I felt she was all gung ho ok! Lets do it! That's great! & didn't really force the team with her decisions!!! Obviously the girls should have called Battersea!!!
The doppeganger double! (previous girl who got to the final despite always being in the boardroom three!!! Didn't realise China Town be a late start opening?Hello!!"
The boys omg the guy with the eyebrows & pink lipstick!!! I thought he might have been a cousin from the one in Duran Duran!!
At the minute I do not have a favourite! Tonight hoping to see more personalities shine!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed May 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Sax
I didn't realise it was on again tonight until I saw your message.

What a shower. The boys were like extras from I Claudius!
She-who-now-drives (known as the young St i g) loves Tim which is the kiss of death for him as she always goes for the under dog.

Jaz was like a children's entertainer. I half expected her to turn up in a clowns outfit. The young St i g made a valid comment - why are there no ugly women on the programme?
I'm not impressed by the tangofastic, plastic enhanced, hair extensions, false eyelashes, etc. Wouldn't impress anyone in the meetings I go too. Karen manages to look professional and glamorous without bad mouthing the others.

I reckon we could practise making some rhymes or songs about this bunch.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm

I think the young yeah it does change has reason to like Tim! Thou I agree with you dodgy hair colours,extensions & make up & thats just the boys!! The one girl forgot who came into the boardroom the logistics person just looked a blank stare mannequinn!!! & the house only had six tables & chairs are they seperating the groups in houses
The beer challenge tonight should be good thou I get the feeling a girl will go again!
Jaz on BBC Breakfast today & just as excitable half expected her to have Rod,Jayne & Freddie join her in a song!!!
Dara tonight should be fun

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Poor Tim! I hope the young yeah it does change is holding up well!! The girls all look so emanciated this year & Usomo & Rebecca shoukd be two tribes go to war next week! Plus who in their right mind takes an empty beer bottle to sniff to buyers/testers!!!!. As for mad English man abroad with long camel coat,turtle neck jumper abroad in Belgium what is he on??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 am

Well what can I say? My girl got it right.
Poor Tim got toppled. Why sell bear in a wine bar in Richmond? None of his team could count. When they ran out of fingers, they could have got their spare nail extensions out. It was interesting how they all stuck up for him (probably thinking he'll not have the guts to bring me into the boardroom). As Ed Bryne said on Dara's show, he should have brought Genghis Khan (Uzma) and Rebecca in and let them fight it out.

I think S'Rallen likes Rebecca, hence the gentle warning re getting involved in cat fights. I'm surprised she crumbled when the 4 of them had a go at her. Never mind, Doc Ireland had her back when gobby Loo was spitting venom back at the house. Can't see gobby Loo going far, or Neil the neck. Doesn't his razor last long enough to do his neck?. As for Mr Eyebrows (who painted those vertical slugs on his forehead?) he's absurd but Welsh and funny so he's excused. Jason of the academia is in a dimension for the deluded. What's with the golden oldie with the 6 pack? Strategically (accidently) half on camera at shower time but hiding in the background in the tasks and boardroom. Don't think he'll be able to hide from S"Rallen for too long.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 am

Im so glad someone else is irritated by the hairy nack!!! Im screaming shave your neck!!! Maybe he thinks its a new trend! I think sloppy gorilla look!! Usama driving me nuts both with her cloggy eyelashes god awful hair colour & animosity!!! Tim bless his cotton socks far too nice & fancy SL putting him in the cage so early!! He should have stayed quiet last week in the boardroom!!!
Love Ed Bryne with Dara! So funny!! Also why at a beer festival sell the most expensive beer??
I agree with you nuts to go to a wine bar! & try & sell beer!!! I think the girls thought if they were nice re Tim in future weeks he might protect them? Doh that back fired! I loved the SA they disrespected you they swore at me etc etc Mr Snob man!!!
Keep slug brows in his funny! & also who is the quiet blonde girl? Please somebody put a bag over the doppleganger girl! I keep thinking its the clever one back!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi Sax
I think S'Rallen decided to put Tim Tigger out of his misery early out of kindness. Tigger's far too nice to play in the shark's pool.

I think the girl who's blonde and in the background is Natalie. She closed Sophie the sops deal with the 3 for £10 "lucky?" cat figures. Another excuse for soppy Sophie to wail 'they don't listen to me".

Can't wait for the flat pack trial next week. Should be fun. I can't remember S'Rallen getting so worked up so early on in the process. He'd better pace himself methinks.

Nick's scowl gets deeper by the minute. He hasn't said a lot yet but with a face like that does he need too?

Saw Ed Byrne about 18 months ago. I like his dry wit. Also saw Dara a few months ago but had to leave early for an evening flight.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

True Nick hasn't said a lot yet!! Poor Tim Tigger he was out of his nice depth! My son went to see Dara twice løved each show! Ed has a dry wit I enjoy! The flat pack might tipple S'Rallen into a purple sprouting head rage!! Im looking forward to the cat fight will Usama have a go at Rebecca or Sophie! Will Mr Abs man flex his muscle out of the towel!!!
Eyebrow man I cannot wait to be Team Leader-It will look similar to a Mob puting for the day!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 am

Hi sax
The silver six pack (Alex?) seems to be a bit of a yes man so far. It was 'go for the bitter' when the manufacturing team wanted to use the stout, then when he was selling it, 'well it's usually made with stout...'. A case of 'what sort of a sychophant (sp) do you want me to be?'

Neil the neck will come a cropper when his team loses . He'll wish he had an invisibility cloak when he hears his own words reflected back at him: 'that was Neil's idea, Neil pushed this/that/the other, Neil was in charge of logistics/ sales. He needs to pipe down a bit before he's shot down. Is he Brian Clough's relative?

Keesh? the Asian chap looks ripe for a seizure. He's like a liquidizer on full power.

Wasn't it Natalie that was seen doing a lot of the measuring for the girls team? You don't know how it was edited but she was in most of the shots adding stuff to the beer. She's the one that got away as far as I can see. Did you see the acid drop stare she gave Rebecca when they sat down next to each other in the boardroom. Might have to start calling her Brutus.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat May 11, 2013 11:38 am

Great nickname for Natalie "Brutus" better hope she isn't the team leader on a culinary task! Watch out for those flying knives! Maybe she & Rebecca may re enact a japonese warrior mid air fight scene!!
Keesh "Gasket Man" as you say he looks like his going to blow! This is where the original Scottie in Star Wars voice pops up "He canna take it any more S'Rallen his gonna blow!"

Neil oh hairy neck Neil can some kind barber maybe Sweeney offer him a shave for charity!! He doesn't seem that hairy elsewhere ie chest,hands etc or omg he waxes eveywhere but the neck Shocked. Rebecca according to S'Rallen on GN show is a lovely woman & maybe her appearence hair up etc portrays a harsher woman! Maybe S'Rallen has a bit of a soft spot for her & she isn't a blonde to take him to court either!!!
The flat pack I cannot wait to see!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu May 16, 2013 11:27 am

Oh dear me have the girls this year lost sense? A truly epic idea a box on wheels!! Usama the designer of Fashion clearly knows her stuff!! Yes it looked like a plant container or a relic from a display in B&Q! I wished both of the other girls had gone! Instead Doppleganger went for being a chameleon in the background.I think Rebecca is having a helping hand from Karen! S'Rallen likes her too!!

Mr Camel coat pulled it out of the box! Sorry girls!! With a highchair/table!!! So we know now what to buy from Argos for novel Christmas Presents!! Hairy neck went for the half stubble growth on the neck! I think al the boys are bonding well & seem a formidable team! I love the big word of the day is...

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi sax
Well the hailstones are bouncing down outside as I speak.

Poor Sophie (they don't listen to me) got the boot. Can't imagine why. I liked her exit line.
"I like to keep my dignity and my class'
Well said that woman. If only someone would listen to her.

I agree with Karen, the girls had no focus. Was it a bird? Was it a plane? more importantly, can I borrow it to plant my fruit tree in?

The one that got away? Gotta be gobby Loo. I'm getting the urge to slap her legs every time I see her. Transparent or what? Looking forward to seeing her try to weadle round S'Rallen when someone finally grows a pair and brings her back into the exit boardroom. Maybe when they mix the teams up?

Well the silver six pack (Miles) was showing his designer thong off round the house. Not keen on him. A bit of a yes man.
Mr eyebrows hit it lucky this week. He got the measurements a bit wrong, but I thought the end product was at least smart, if a bit spartan. Shame S"Rallen didn't do a Ronnie Corbett and read his impression of the teams whilst sitting on the high chair.
Neil the neck must have nicked it shaving, either that or he had laryngitis. What d'yer think? Did they threaten him or bribe him to keep quiet.
What happened to the phd from outer zogg? They must have locked him in the closet for a soundoff with Neil the neck. I was looking forward to listening to more tales of the unexpected.

The star this week for me was Karen and her fiendish board room stunt. How could she? Built the girls up then smashed all hope. Even Dr lipgloss looked beyond resuss.

Down on the farm next week. That should sort the posers out. Can't wait to see how wonky the eyeliner and lip gloss gets when they have to try and find their reflection shining off a silage container. Will Mr eyebrows even have a reflection? affraid

Need to find Ghengis Khan (Uzma) a creative outlet for her outstanding talents. Designer wellies anyone? Loved Dara's Andy-Pandy moment on the results show.

Just watching a bit of the Eurovision semi's. What are they on????
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 pm

The Eurovison save me!!! I tend to watch just the scoring & listen to Graham's acid comments.We will never win it! Some good songs thou this year' The bare foot lookalike Pocahantos song I like! Bonnie needs mmmm Champagne & let her loose tipsy!

I agree Karen built them up & whupped em down! Pure evil genius!!
The farm bless maybe the box will go with them as an accessory!!!!

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 am

Shocked Last series of Dancing On Ice! Torvil & Dean are pulling out! Is it the dreaded kiss of death Christine brings to programmes? D & T are semi retiring they will do their own shows still.So will the celeb be big A-C celebs this year?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 28 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 28  Next