Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 21 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  vonee21 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:35 am

Did anyone see 'You, me and the apocalypse' on Sky 1? Pauline Quirke, load of others I don't know and Rob Lowe as a foul-mouthed priest. Looks hopeful. Will give ep 2 a go and see if it still holds my attention. So far, so good.

vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 21 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Vonee I have it to watch! It was recommended on the radio to watch and I'm a Pauline Quirk fan.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Vonee I have it to watch! It was recommended  on the radio to watch and I'm a Pauline Quirk fan.

It is definitely worth a watch - think it will get quite intriguing or confusing! Hope it keeps up it's promise....
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Whohoo - S'Rallen's back on. Fishcake anyone?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Rather the fishcake then the overwork calamari
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:48 am

Anybody else totally smitten with Prunella Scales and Timothy West as they take us on their canal trips?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 am

I've watched the last series and enjoyed it. Has a new series started? I like the fact they are down to earth and do not rely on "do you know who we are' tactic, lovely views and a gentle viewing with a cuppa quite refreshing. Missed start of Homeland so I need to catch up with that I love Carrie and her character, flaws and all.
Another good programme, You,me and the Apocalypse very surreal and Pauline Quirk back!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:46 pm

You've reminded me Sax, I've got 3 episodes of Homeland to catch up on Very Happy

A new series I'm absolutely loving at the moment is River, on BBC1 on Tuesdays. The storyline is bizarre and yet believable at the same time,  and the acting is just superb. I definitely recommend it (first two episodes are still on iplayer)

Also, am so looking forward to the Detectorists season 2 which starts this week on BBC4. It's a very gentle humour, and the casting is perfect.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:12 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I've watched the last series and enjoyed it. Has a new series started? I like the fact they are down to earth and do not rely on "do you know who we are' tactic, lovely views and a gentle viewing with a cuppa quite refreshing

Yes sax, it's on straight after the Strictly results on C4 (first episode last night). You're right, their gentle meander along the waterways makes for soothing telly and the tender moments between Tim and Pru and how they talk honestly about Pru's declining memory - so very poignant.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 pm

I know I'm sad but....I've got a bit hooked on NCIS. There was nothing much on for a few weeks so I started watching it. Then I got a bit fed up of the episodes jumping from A to B, so I decided to buy the first couple of box sets.
Still waiting for the return of 'The Bridge'.
I watched a bit of the start of the new Bernard Cornwall series but although I usually like his books, I wasn't keen on seeing a young boy having his eye poked out so ditched that one.
Watched some re-runs of Black Adder this evening which made me smile.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:05 am

I'm waiting for Indian Summers to return. Love Julie Walters nasty character and the whole feel of the show just balanced right. NcIS always enjoyed and I catch up on different channels. Not watched The River ill give it a try. A new show Wednesday Cuffs looks promising. The new GOT on BBC 2 looks very similar to The Vikings I'm reserving judgement.
This time of year tv gets interesting usually however with adapting to new international student in house and female (have sons!) We have tended to miss our programmes to play cards,rumicup etc Fri-Sunday.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 pm

How long do the students stay for sax?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Two years of college!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:06 pm

wow. Do they always do the same study courses?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:19 am

Yes its our A level course for two years, my student from Hong Kong! Aged 16 a long way to study from home.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 pm

What subject sax?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 21 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:01 pm

I really liked Indian Summers Too Sax - one of the best series of last year I thought.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 am

Oh yes I'd forgotten about Indian Summers. Was good to see Julie Walters in a more meaty role and the the scenery / cinematography was absolutely stunning. Felt the series ended on a bit of an anti-climax, but I'll be watching series 2.

I'm hooked to a French supernatural drama on More 4 (think the first series was on C4) called The Returned. It's confusing but in a good way!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:41 am

B4p wrote:What subject sax?

Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. Looking to go to University here for Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical studies. She wishes to be a Pharamacist. Taking her to see my son who lives in Oxford and works in one of the University to view Oxford Centre and two of the University colleges on Saturday!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Quite a responsibility then sax. Quite a shock to her system I should imagine from a cultural point of view?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:31 am

It is a a shock I think the lack of homework! My student is from Hong Kong and they have a lot of homework every day and weekends. We have explained college here is seen as a stepping stone to independance as a young adult so we don't sign a parents book daily re homework/attendance etc! Most of the international students from the college are from China and it's a bigger shock the British Culture. They are shocked how polite we are to each other,thanking the bus drivers,shop assistants and how we say good morning to each other on dog walks!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Penultimate episode of Downton tonight. I wonder what type of skeleton Mrs Patti more has in her pantry to reveal tonight? My mom reckons the first guests in the B&B having an affair the Doctor being married to someone else? I wondered about her nephew being shot for cowardice if this had another twist in the tail. I'm sure we will be left with a cliffhanger ie Edith's beau not sure about Marigold after possibly spiteful Mary revealing the secret? As for Mary I hope she doesn't get a happy ending as she really has been a cold,self absorbed creature.
I think a film for Downton be wrong to do. I'd rather see life after service with Barrow in a factory maybe, Mrs Pattsmoore with her B&B guests and Carson and Mrs (C) Hughes enjoying retired life.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 21 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Right on many counts Sax............... Have to say I was a bit annoyed about how 'neatly' it ended for Mary - I so want Edith to be happy but that obviously is the cliffhanger for the Xmas special (wonder if it will be a one or two parter?) I still think that there are many 'loose' ends to be tied - seemed to end a bit prematurely tonight somehow? I can't help going back to 'Upstairs Downstairs' which ended with a complete change for every member of the family - although it did go on longer to 1930.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Hooray. It's back. Series 3 of The Bridge

http://bbc.in/1Sf9dxE
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Watching Rick Stein on BBC 2, 'Venice To Istanbul' (the book's on my Christmas list). He's in Northern Greece around Ioannina, one of my favourite Greek places.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next