Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 20 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:22 pm

So Caroline won SCD and Mark won the Apprentice! Still not sure about the dancing stocking figures.I think ots the Business plan not the person that S'Rallen keeps over the weeks and plays devils advocate with the other poor saps.
Got to watch the Missing and find out Who?
Looking forward to Mapp & Lucia to watch and Dr Who and Call The Midwife too.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 20 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

You'll enjoy 'The Missing' Sax - didn't realize you hadn't seen in yet?

I'm also looking forward to 'Call the Midwife' and 'Mapp and Lucia'- I loved the TV adaptation which had Prunella Scales and Geraldine McEwan in it.

Happy Viewing...................... santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Oh wow just seen the Missing!! I said at the beginning its him as a joke! Just a tragic accident or is it? New series ooh
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Ive been awaiting Mapp and Lucia for a week I do hope its a good four part family entertainment series! Just caught up with The Boy in the dress meh! A bit too make believe.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I enjoyed Mapp and Lucia. I do hope we have another series as there are three books in total. Not sure about Broadchurch yet.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Well I watched Wolf Hall and felt it a little disjointed with the storyline and setting the time frame. My idea of Cromwell from the book totally different to the character portrayed on screen I shall reserve judgement and see how his character grows. I felt all the other characters spot on especially Stephen! Ooh the venomous looks and words spat out with disdain. I wished we had had a double episode to start with.
I also watched Cucumber, Banana! I loved Queen as Folk so hoped these three series (haven't seen Tofu yet) would be a hit too. Undecided so far.
Loving Mark from the Hotel his a blast from the past Butlins style of entertainment with a slap of wonderful ideas but no real planning done ahead for them!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:38 am

Hello everyone still lurking- belatedly Happy New Year! *waves*
Anyone else loving Last Tango in Halifax? I've loved this programme from the start- getting a bit far fetched now, but it's so well written and acted, you can't help but love it! Always makes a satisfying end to the weekend.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 am

Still lurking! I've not managed to watch Last Tango In Paris however my parents rave about it. I'm loving Wolf Hall and love the authenticity of the dim, dark lighting. Yes colourful language and the C word is used in the book and was a common word then without the meaning it has now. Wondering if the Shardlake books by C J Sansom would make a good 10 week series. I'm so far left flat by Indian Summer after the hype and my initial ooh yes please I'm not getting it. The characters seem one dimensional and lacking, Julie Walters usually plays a great part this time I'm confused about her character.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:25 am

Anyone watching The Bake off? This is the first year I've watched the while series from the start! I thought out of the remaing three 9ne shouldn't be there. Felt early on should have left. I miss Paul loved his Lion bread. Flora thought should have gone last week before Paul. My one bug is where are the savoury bakes, scorch eggs, sausage rolls, pies,flans.
Also bounce Hurrah S'Rallan back soon with another bunch of deluded oops enterprising people.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Seems like a lot of the Pro dancers are watching Bake-off sax. Brendan was tweeting that he wished he'd had his tea before watching it so he didn't want to eat so much crap! Define crap, I say. Looking forward to S'Rallen restarting, and what's happened to the Nordic police drama The Bridge?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Don't tell anyone but I might love Bake Off even more than I do Strictly Shocked Wink

Even though it's nerve-jangling waiting to see if their bakes rise and their pastries avoid soggy bottoms, there's a very warm and gentle feel about the show and a genuine sense of camaraderie between the contestants. It's lovely.

It was a close call this week. Flora repeated her previous mistake of adding too many extras to her signature bake and the overall execution suffered again. She redeemed herself in the technical but Ian's chocolate wishing well was something else (and I say that grudgingly as his personality does grate in me!) so it was probably right he went through. I think he'll make a more interesting finalist than Flora would have. But my winner is Nadiya. I just adore her.

Sax - Paul's lion bread sculpture was AMAZING. Probably the stand-out bake of the entire series but he really should have known how to make a genoise sponge so I expected him to go the week he did. Agree though - I want more savoury bakes!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:53 pm

A secret army of Bake Off fans! It has a lovely warm feel,yes! I do enjoy Mel and Sue thou. Not keen on Jo Brand on extra slice prefer Dara as a side show add on.The wishing well very good idea shame Bollywood man broke it , obviously his foreplay a bit ham fisted oops Embarassed Flora yes went for #pile it all on approach time after time! My favourites all but gone only one left I'm rooting for him!
The lion really for me hit best of show or series so far!
Gennis sponge new one on me! Bring on the savoury bakes,more,more.

THe Bridge didn't watch however I thought they had advised a remake in English being made?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:08 pm

The Allsewns love Bake off too! I'm rooting for Nadiya too, so pleased she pulled it back last night. I think it was the right decision to send Flora home, just a bit too much style and not enough substance.
I reckon S'rAllen will be back after Dr Foster finishes next week - anyone else been watching it? Gripping stuff!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:13 pm

sax - did you read that Mel from Big Bake Off is hosting The Strictly tour next year?

Just bye-the bye, I have to mention Buzzcocks. I've just had Noel Fielding standing behind me in our local Co-op!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:20 pm

#TheApprentice is BACK with a double bill on Weds 14th & Thurs 15th October at 9pm on @BBCOne
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 20 Empty Re: Other TV Programmes you like or loathe

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi all

B4P - I have been watching Dr Foster on catch up - what can I say uncomfortable viewing? Yet strangely compelling, a very clever and different drama and I can't wait for the last one next week, however I'm sure it has provoked a lot of comments and feelings in people, I wasn't sure whether I was actually enjoying it or not but had to watch it nonetheless.

Can I recommend 'Resistance' - it is on More 4 - can't think why it isn't on a more prominent channel. It does end this week but is one of the best series I have seen for a long time, and you know it is good when you actually don't notice that something is sub titled. It is a really classy production and a joy to watch - I'm sure it will show afterwards on some kind of catch-up/on demand channel. I really like these period atmospheric things - I dont' know if anyone watched 'Spies in Warsaw' a few years back or the German series which looked at the war from a German perspective - I can't remember what it was called!!! There were five friends and the series went through their lives during the war - it was excellent.

Also - loving 'Great British Menu' - Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:15 pm

B4p wrote:sax - did you read that Mel from Big Bake Off is hosting The Strictly tour next year?

Just bye-the bye, I have to mention Buzzcocks. I've just had Noel Fielding standing behind me in our local Co-op!

Ooh hope he smiled and didn't act snobbish! Ooh Mel hosting SCD next year I may buy tickets
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:37 pm

I've recorded British menu loved the series! Thou really puzzled at some of the dishes suggested. I have not watched Dr Foster it's 9n my winter recorded to enjoy programmes.
S'Rallen has a new side kick to go with Karen! I did like Nick thou.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Just bye-the bye, I have to mention Buzzcocks. I've just had Noel Fielding standing behind me in our local Co-op!

Ooh hope he smiled and didn't act snobbish![/quote]

I saw a couple of chaps carrying small boxes of booze coming round a corner toward the tills. I sped up a bit to get in front of them thinking, 'he looks like Noel Fielding'. I could smell chips, (village chip shop is next door) and turned round for a second, and thought 'that IS Noel Fielding'. He was with another chap, who was chatting about his girlfriend. I kept quiet, I didn't want to cause a scene. The cashier did a double take, but also said nothing. They tried to leave the shop just after me, but then got blocked at the door behind an old chap with a big shopping trolley. As soon as he got outside, he got collared by a woman (who'd been pacing up and down outside the shop) for a selfie. He was very polite to her and obliged. Had a red coat on and snakeskin style cuban heels. He's taller than I thought, but seemed nicely ordinary for such an exotic stage personality.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:09 am

The boardroom slanging matches gave me such a headache I had to stop watching The Apprentice! Plus, it was never quite the same when Margaret left.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:18 am

Sid wrote:The boardroom slanging matches gave me such a headache I had to stop watching The Apprentice! Plus, it was never quite the same when Margaret left.

It'll be interesting to see who will replace Nick and how they interact with Karen
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:29 am

B4p wrote:

It'll be interesting to see who will replace Nick and how they interact with Karen

Oh has Nick left now as well? That's definitely Game Over for me then. Don't blame him, mind. He must have grown tired of following around groups of clashing egos making utter fools of themselves week after week! Plus, he does Countdown now as well.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 am

Sid wrote:Oh has Nick left now as well? That's definitely Game Over for me then. Don't blame him, mind. He must have grown tired of following around groups of clashing egos making utter fools of themselves week after week! Plus, he does Countdown now as well.
Plus he stunt doubles for Richard Gere
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:16 am

lol! but as it's Claude ( def not our Clade!) who is replacing him I think it will be interesting...he of the killer interviews! I don't think he'll pull any punches when they start bull****ing in the boardroom Twisted Evil
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Allsewn  cheers

Didn't realise Claudius Decimus Gluteous Maximus Caesar was Nick's replacement. Wow - watch the fireworks start! Pity the team that has him following them round. That means someone new will be coming in to replace Claude at interview time. Exciting stuff
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next