Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+25
Littlebear
vonee21
1superken
Little Ms Hit
gingercodgers
MissingLilia
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Sadiesamba
Sid
kate
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
Moova 12
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
IAmFullOfWonder
Lucielle
Maya53
mauveangel09
hatlady28
Wallflower
TANGOLERO
salsarae
jingle
29 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 20 Empty Hi everyone

Post  Maya53 Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Goodness, I can hardly believe it is that time of year again, but I am really looking forward to the new series. I too will really miss the fabulous Vincent and Flavia and of course A.nton and the others, but I am looking forward to seeing some new pro's as there are a lot of fabulous dancers out there and I think it is good that we get a chance to see more of them. I am going to miss 4 weeks in the middle, (though I will watch them all when I get back. Had a special birhday earlier this year and am going a cruise to Argentina and to see the Tango in Beunos Aries, wo well worth missing a few weeks of Strictly for. Last year's live tour was, as always, fabulous, and I will be buying my tickets as soon as they are on sale. Right, I'm off to dust of my sparkly slippers ready for the show.Very Happy 
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 20 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Hello Maya! Wow what a lovely holiday to go on! I had a whole month away too & loved it! I hope you have a very special time too! Yes all new pro dancers & new set & location.Im hoping for gorgeous elegant ballroom dresses & I hope less props & gimmicks!!
Yes I shall miss V.incent.F.lavia & E.rin! Wonders what nicknames. Creature of beauty and wonderment will think of when we type any of the new dancers names!!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Belated happy birthday Maya:D   And, wow, that's a brilliant way to celebrate it!!  Am seriously jealous!  When do you set sail?

Last edited by jingle on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emotes not working)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Well,pleased to say it all looks rather promising. Not a Jessie J fan but Rod Stewart rolls on and is indestructible.

Way too soon to say anything on chances and I'm seeing the Hairy Biker and Vanessa as this years John Sargent or Tugboat Annie. Rather gutted that Erin and Flavia are gone, and dissapointed poor Natalie got crocked. Hope she'll be back soon. Hope also that Ben Cohen kees up the tradition of rugby lads doing well on the maple boards. Glad A. nton got a decent partner in Fiona Fullerton who was a real dazzler when younger. Going to try very hard to be impartial and not have favourites.....honestly. Wink

Hoping you'll all add your weekly comments to the Honesty thread for good reading. Bring it on.cheers   
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 pm

I do hope Ben Cohen keeps up the tradition of Rugby players doing well! I had hoped a new studio would have had a little more dazzle & something different ie Dave & his band on an elevated platform! I do hope we do not sink into pantomine tactics with props or false hissy fits in the training room!!! Wished we could have got to see the new dancers more!
Hoping C.raig doesn't give favouritisim to Julian!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 20 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 am

Really enjoyed the show - lots of energy and a great warm-up for the series.   I thought there was some great partnerships and they have got the height correct in most cases this year.   There seems so many couples this time!!!  I agree with Sax I couldn't see any difference in the new studio from the last!!!

A few first impressions..............glad that A nton has Fiona - I thought she danced really well in the group dance, let's hope that she can command the votes. I was convinced that he would get Deborah but I think Robin and Deborah will be a good partnership - Robin is a good teacher and I think that if I was dancing I would find him encouraging - Artem and James would just scare me!!!
I thought that Deborah looked quite good in the group dance - better posture than what I would thought.

James and Vanessa will be a hoot!   I also clocked the look of relief on Artem's face when he got Nathalie - I think they will be a pair to watch.  Glad that Kristina has someone who could have potential - but as we know it can go either way with the sports people - should be interesting though.    Really loved Susannah and new boy - they looked well matched and so did Pasha with Abbey - Pasha is a lucky boy, he has had a young beauty for three years on the trot now!  

I fear that Julien will irritate me but they paired him well height wise with his partner.  Tony Jacklin seemed very warm and cuddly - do you think he was originally intended for Nathalie or if there was any swapping around??  Interesting.

The only one that looked a bit awkward I thought was Mark and Iveta - he looked stunned when she shimmied up to him!    and I fear an early bath for Dave  - much as I love him!!!!

Great stuff......................See you all soon:D

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Repeated a sentence)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 20 Empty Re: A liitle bit of Honesty

Post  Moova 12 Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 am

Very Happy Enjoyed the show last night and I too failed to spot a huge difference in the studio.
Aliona had the face when paired with Tony. I thought he was approaching it with great gusto. James too had the face - that will be an opinionated pairing. I predict sparks! For me from the group dance it is the Corrie actress who could be a front runner. I fear Abby could be another Victoria Pendleton. Julien is going to give it his all. Mark could be all right if he gets ballroom. Hairy biker Dave will give it a lot of welly but can't see him being for long.

Now to get into training for the 27th and 28th. All that sitting over 2 nights takes some preparing for!Laughing
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:54 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:  Tony Jacklin seemed very warm and cuddly - do you think he was originally intended for Nathalie or if there was any swapping around??  Interesting.
I think there was switching. It was so painfully predictable that Aliona would get the person most likely to go out first. And Natalie, as the tallest female pro, and one who has consistently behaved herself and improved in the public opinion, and consistently got good results, is far too useful a pro to be put with a Tony. I think Natalie was probably intended for Patrick or Ben originally and that they did some last-minute switching round when she was injured.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Littlebear I agree Aliona looked uneasy & rolled her eyes at not having Julian! However once Tony revealed she looked as if shecould have strangled the producers! I think Natalie would have partnered Patrick or Ashley! I think the producers switched in a last minute decision!! I wonder what Aliona did to upset the big suits?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't think we'll ever know. I speak as an Aliona fan, and the fracture was confirmed by X-Ray so she obviously didn't fake the injury (and as a professional dancer I can't imagine her deliberately injuring herself when that could ruin her career) but I did notice that last year when they released the clips of the first reactions of the couples on being paired up, Aliona and Jonny were not featured. I did wonder if there had been a hissy fit at that point.

Also there was the episode of ITT the previous year when she said that she ignored the judges' views. The following week she was all chastened and apologetic.

I wonder if she has had a few warnings for stroppiness/rebellious behaviour. She's very talented and attractive, and can be a good teacher, but I think she might be quite volatile and the Beeb have always made it clear they favour the discrete/well-behaved pro more than the rebel. Brendan and James make a show of rebellion but it's never seemed genuine to me - just a bit of staged banter with the judges. Basically they are well-behaved. And put a vest on you strumpet, Housewives choice, Artem, Pasha, Flavia, Vincent, Natalie - the ones who basically have always been in favour - have consistently been discreet about their partners and well-behaved.

After Rav (who was dreadful but was young and fit and popular so at the outset did not seem to be a no-hoper), Matt and Harry, Aliona was due a no-hoper and Jonny was a decent no-hoper to get. He was polite, lovely and did a nice ballroom dance. I find it hard to believe that she had a strop about that- but I don't know. The fact that she was not featured in that clip was odd.

Now the other question - what has Pasha done to earn another young, fit beauty - that's three in a row! And two finalists in two years.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:54 pm

I am an Aliona fan! I liked her fiestiness & her wacky humour! I know she did say that comment re The Judges! However others have said similar things but not been penalised for it! Was it really because Aliona didn't succumb to the "Yes!" brigrade & actually dared to pass opinions/feedback to the production team/big chiefs?? Did she go herself or was she passed over?

Pasha yes seems to have the life of riley! three years good celebs & not a doddery one amongst them! Is he using his charms on the BBC? Or is it to keep the female BBC SCD audience happy with keeping a young virile male pro dancer in the conpetion longer? Would E.rin if stayed been given Ashley/Patrick or Ben?

Sometimes its good to have a rogue celeb & pro dancer I so dislike the yes yes walk on eggshells to protect the judges/production team from any negativity! Heaven forbid they get a no back!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Just watched the show and was 'blinded by the lights'. Think I'll have to watch the rest of the series wearing my shades.  scratch  Now where's the smile-ly with the cool shades gone?

Early thoughts -
Has Artem got it in his contract to only have the young and fit?

Will Abby cope with the new self confessed 'hard taskmaster' Aljaz who will werk the scouser within an inch of her life?

Whose idea was it to dress Vanessa up as a custard cream?  Talking of custard -

I think we should start a 'Hands off the Queen of Custard' campaign to save poor Aliona who looks like she's having a hard time with 'it's off - it's on - but not for long - maybe'.

Why were most of the males in blue, black and purple and Mark as the odd one out in red? Could have been worse. He could have had the dreaded yellow shirt I spose.

I only know around a third of the names but as ever, I shall still enjoy the shows. I wasn't expecting to see Kevin (Karens fiancee). Wasn't another eastern european Pro due to start?

I couldn't see much of the band, buried under Chaktar Ridge but look forward to their input as always.

Will handycam man be on roller blades this year? (First to shoot him wins a prize from me).

Now, I need to go and swot up on the celebs.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:16 pm

At least Artem did his duty with Fern last year (and got her quite far, and got a really good last dance out of her, so must have generally been seen to have worked hard and done well). And he wroked really hard to get the best out of Holly too, when she seemed pretty lazy at first. She did some great dances in the end, but I think he really dragged them out of her. Pasha has had three young fit ones in a row!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi Littlebear
Yes you're right. I'd forgotten about Fern. I think with Holly there was a clash of personalities. I wonder if Holly would have worked more enthusiastically for one of the gentler giants like Pasha or Robin?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 am

Hello again everyone! I feel like we've only just said goodbye! Not that it isn't great to see lots of familiar names again Smile

Obviously pleased Strictly's back, but also sad my man's not a part of the family anymore :(I can keep him as my avi forever though, right? Smile

So a few random observations about the launch:

1. Given who I've supported int he past, it's unsurprising that I like Fiona! But after the disasters of N.ancy and Jerry, I'm sort of resigned to this partnership with A.nton not working out well. I'm not going to get my hopes up again.

2. The other person I immediately picked as a favourite when the names were announced is Sophie. But I was watching her intro video and she's very slouchy, so I foresee problems with Ballroom posture and a weakish core. Gosh I've gotten off to a right positive start haven't I!!!

3. I don't know much about either of them, but I've taken to Susanna and Kevin (although what sort of name is 'Kevin' for a dancer?!). They seem personable and nicely matched in an understated way. Abbey and Aljaz was almost too obvious. I'm not sure about them.

4. Feel a bit bad for Robin. I know he's wonderful with the older ladies (quite wanted him for Fiona) and the insecure ones, but he deserves a shot at the glitterball at least once. People have remarked (elsewhere) that his choreography isn't up to it. But surely we haven't had a chance to find out because he's been restricted somewhat by the types of partners he's had? Anyway, I do love Bobby for making his celebrity feel special straight away. The way he hugged and swept Deborah off her feet was lovely Smile

5. Think this could be the Strictly where a past champ takes the title again - what with the partners O.la and A.rtem have been given.

And those are my thoughts for now folks Wink

Last edited by Sid on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I called Bobby Booby!!!!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 am

Completely agree with all that Sid. If Artem and put a vest on you strumpet aren't in the finals it'll be because they or their partners have done something majorly stupid to alienate the public or injured themselves - otherwise their paths to the finals looks like it should be fairly clear!

Susannah seems lovely. I don't watch much TV so I hadn't seen her before but she has such a friendly face (and she's very beautiful). She must be quite steely to do the job she does but she has those soft eyes that makes her seem like a genuinely nice person nonetheless.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Sid!!! Yes keep V.incent avatar I miss him too!! B4P Ill sign the hands off Custard Queen Aliona she is a maverick but a lovely one! Suzannah & Kevin from Grimsby! make a lovely couple & fill the polly pocket sweet couple role left open!! Plus good to have some home grown talent on the show!
I do agree O.la & Artem should have an easy glide to the semi's at least! I wonder if we should have a poll on how many times we spot "The shoot out man on skates!" ?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Sid, you better keep that avatar! We need something to remind us of our gorgeous boy this year!

having watched the opening show I'm really not sure how it's going to shake down this year. O.la and A.rtem are obvious favourites if it was being judged purely on dancing, but of course there#s more to it than that! I think that Susannah and Kevin may do better than expected (well, better than Darcey expected anyway). Susannah seems to be a blt to move a bit, and they both come across as lovely people in the little we've seen.

I'm not sure that either Abbey or Sophie is going to be that good, sadly. Abbey seems to be more about posing than dancing - I don't mean that it a personally negative way about her - I think it's the way catwalk models are trained. Walk and strike a pose. It's very different to dancing. Sophie looked rather stiff and gawky. That might be due to her height of course, and Brendan might be able to help her with that, but as soon as I saw them together I thought "Oh, oh, Brendan's got another Victoria."

I remember Fiona Fullerton. I think she might be a bit of a dark horse, actually. I was watching her in the group dance and she wasn't bad. Hopefully A nton will realise he might have a contender on his hands and up his game accordingly. I also think that both Vanessa and Deborah may surprise us. Neither of them strikes me as someone who will be content with the "game older woman goes out early" role.

Sadly, because he's a lovely guy, I think that the Hairy Biker will be an early exit. I think that first out will be a toss up between him and Tony Jacklin. I hope that hairy does stick around for a while, because I think he could be a genuinely amusing dancer - more Russell grant than Ann Widdecombe.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Hello Syd, B4P and all. Nice to see all the regulars clocking on again. cheers 

Far too soon for me to make any stabs at what's what, but predicting the general scene will be easy. The Madame Defarge brigade will soon zoom in on Tony Jacklin as duck No 1 to shoot. The "entertainment" will be a toss up between Vanessa and the Hairy burger cooker and public sympathy will keep Robin's "elder lady" in for a while. Somehow I can't see the Scouse model type being much of a dancer and the usual GBP " ooh, I love him" mobile mollies will be typing at mach speed for whoever they get the hots for. Fiona Fullerton might be this year's Cherie Lungey
and get a decent run. Dark horse might well be the Countdown girl and I'm hoping Ben Cohen can make his mark for the lads. Our hospital porter, who knows?

Bit too soon to be talking odds just yet. Wink 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 pm

I certainly hope that Ben Cohen can make his mark! We need some male eye candy! Laughing 

I think that Artem is probably a pretty good teacher. I was very impressed with how he was with fern last year - I think he got her further than she was expecting and they seemed to be enjoying it. I don't think that anyone would have done any better with Holly. I don't think that Holly was very interested. I got the feeling that her agent had told her to do it and she was going through the motions.

The Aliona stuff is interesting and I don't pretend to know what what's going on. from what I've seen, I think that the BBC are quite careful to keep any real controversy off the show. The Brendan/James stuff, I've always been convinced, is actually quite carefully choreographed. When there are real disagreements between the producers and pros or the celebrities I don't think we get to hear about it, I bet there's a confidentiality clause in everyone's contracts. if there was a row between Aliona and the BBC I think that it happened well behind the scenes.

I'm inclined to think that something did happen, though, because Aliona tweeted that it wasn't her decision to go and she wasn't happy. On the other hand, they've asked her back, so who knows?
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm

I agree Tina re Ben Cohen Smile ! Loved him in the 2003 Rugby World Cup then too! Yes J.ames & B.rendan scenario I think just for the viwers at home to react too!! As for Aliona its interesting! Maybe they didn't have another taller female pro dancer & ate humble pie & asked Aliona back however with a sting by giving her Tony!
Artem worked well with Fern I agree Smile Holly yes had that omg my agent got me into this! Mind you she thought better than eating Grubs etc in the jungle!!
Mr D yes a little early for bets however usually we all think ooh!!! or ewwwww to new matched couples!! As its often the case these change with the weeks & progress the couples make! For a while we haven't had a comedian on!!! Thought Miranda would have been a possibility or one of the Inbetweeners!!! Love Robert Webb too!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Littlebear wrote:
Susannah seems lovely. I don't watch much TV so I hadn't seen her before but she has such a friendly face (and she's very beautiful). She must be quite steely to do the job she does but she has those soft eyes that makes her seem like a genuinely nice person nonetheless.
Nicely put Lilbear Smile

Tina, Sax, Tango hi! - I've also got high hopes for Ben. He seems like such a lovely guy - has done a lot of charity work and spoken out against homophobia in sport (that earned him major brownie points with me). We shall see Smile

I do think the spotlight this year is on the ladies though.

God it's freezing today! Autumn's well and truly arrived.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:36 am

Hello everyone again! Lovely to see some familiar old friends have already checked in before me. I may be a bit sporadic in my postings as I work mainly from my ipad these days (RIP old laptop) and it won't seem to let me post, only read. If anyone has any tech tips on this they would be gratefully received but I think it's to do with Flash player...

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the line up, fairly standard and fairly standard ones that I don't know. Sid, keep the avi as I'm going to miss Vinnie this year- am I right it is just for this year that he and Flavia are out of the series? I really hope Susannah does well as I like her on the news- I have a vague recollection that she did comic relief and did rather well...scratch 

I'm reserving judgement for now but I might pop over to the other thread and add my top middle and bottom predictions- it was fun to look back last year and see how far out i was!!Smile 

Laters!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:30 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote: am I right it is just for this year that he and Flavia are out of the series?
It hasn't been made clear but that was certainly the implication when Tess was speaking to Flavia.

I am pretty sure V & F chose to leave - Midnight Tango has only just finished touring. They must be exhausted and desperate to spend some time with their families. Isn't Flavia getting married to Jimi too? I suspect it was all just more than they could manage. It's good to hear their options might be still open though. And fingers crossed they come back to do some lovely guest ATs.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 am

Sid wrote:
Tina, Sax, Tango hi! - I've also got high hopes for Ben. He seems like such a lovely guy - has done a lot of charity work and spoken out against homophobia in sport (that earned him major brownie points with me). We shall see Smile
Me too, Sid! I was delighted when I heard that ben was going to do Strictly, he always seems like a seriously nice guy. Anybody who speaks out against homophobia in sport gets my vote. No idea if he'll be any good, but I do hope that he is! Very Happy 
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next