Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costumes 2013

+13
David Tee
lualen
Moova 12
Tina Sparkle
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
gingercodgers
Littlebear
B4p
Sid
jingle
saxonsiren
hatlady28
17 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Costumes 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: Costumes 2013

Post  Sid Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks for all your costume reviews hatlady Smile

My favourite semi final outfits were the two American Smooth dresses - they suited Abbey & Sophie perfectly. And Brendan as a matador - YES PLEASE!!!

The only outfit I wasn't so keen on was Susanna's Foxtrot dress. It was too short I thought.

Came across this on Twitter, thought it was interesting. The Strictly ladies chose and posed in their favourite dresses from the series:

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35625&PID=413598#413598

What do we think of their choices? I liked Natalie & Sophie's picks best. Gorgeous.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks Tangolero and Sid. Sid, fabulous link, I agree with your choices......Susanna's is the one with the leftover gold fringe from Sophie's Charleston dress. Abbey also liked the make-up she had with that red dress.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Costumes 2013 - Page 8 Empty RE: Costumes 2013

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Really enjoyed reading your review as always Hatlady - you know I hadn't made the connection with the 'pink' last night but you are so right.

I also really liked what you wrote about Susanna and Kevin and the overall theme/feel of the dance. I know 100% that I would have liked their foxtrot much better last night if it had been danced as a straight foxtrot minus the bench, the specs on Kevin and the prom dress on Susanna. I loved the track that they had, and I loved the way her hair was done - if they had kept the bodice on the dress and given it a more sophisticated skirt then the whole thing would have felt more grown up and much better in my eyes - I couldn't work out what I felt about the dance at the time, the steps were all there but it was all wrong for me - now I realize why.

Loved all the rest of the costumes last night - wasn't sure about Nathalie's 'baby doll' dress but it did move very well in the Salsa and I loved her classic AT dress. As the only pro girl left - I liked Anya's 'gypsy' style paso dress and her waltz dress was the dress of the night for me.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:02 pm

I loved Sophie's Paso dress. It was so unusual and a refreshing change.  

I agree with HL about Susannah being dressed 'cutesy'. Maybe that's why she feels the need to gurn so shamelessly! I've seen similar expressions down at the play school.

I liked Natalie & Artem's crimson ensemble.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Hope they manage to somehow hide Kevin's black socks on his matador outfit.  Wink 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Sadly Tango, the black socks and the too long trousers were still there. Given that they stripped off Sophie's shoulder ruffles for the V. Waltz and gave her some bling around the neck and waist.....they could have fixed Kevin.

Little to say, only just got to watch. Thought Abbey had the best of the showdance outfits, strong, excellent detail on the back. Susanna's was a bit of too much, the individual bits of shine, fabric etc. didn't really work. Concept for Natalie was okay, but that green on a dark skinned person was not great (in lighting green is a no-no for the dark skinned. It has a sickly effect) Further I hated the gold neck fringe.....Sophie was okay nothing special.

Liked the contestant dance, not overdone, casual and fun in it's styling.

Thank you for all the support through the season. It has made doing the write-ups fun rather than a trial.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:12 pm

I always really enjoy reading your reviews Hatlady - they are always very interesting and give another perspective to things - and I enjoy contributing to the thread

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Ive looked forward to your reviews each week Hatlady they have been a real treat. I have learnt tips about styles that suit different figures! Which colours go best together & what flatters a mature woman. Its been lovely to discuss the dresses & mens outfits too. A big thank you.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Aye, thanks Hatlady for educating even the male aliens like me. I know knothing of dance fashion, but painting does give some indication of what light does to colours, particularly flash , so I can understand where you're at with that.. Hope to see you, and everyone else, back here next series.  Smile 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8