Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumours for 2013

+3
jingle
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rumours for 2013 Empty Rumours for 2013

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 am

Hi folks.

Rumours are starting to break for the celeb line-up for this year and one name in particular inspired me to post this. Apparently, an American celeb called Ben Kardashian (sorry if spelling is wrong) is being linked with the show. Sorry but that would be totally and utterly against the ethics of the show. Ben was a runner-up in the US version Dancing With The Stars and this should automatically disqualify him from being considered as surely each celeb is supposed to have had no prior dance training whatsoever.

Use this thread if you wish for other rumours you may have heard. Also reportedly being lined up are footballer Michael Owen and veteran rocker Noddy Holder.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Rumours for 2013 Empty Re: Rumours for 2013

Post  saxonsiren Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 am

Hi CC!

Ben Shardishan on SCD! Noo I agree it could break rules! However isn't he part of a tv reality show! I predict Janice Dickinson from IACGMOOH be on SCD as in financial difficulties!!! Haven't heard re Noddy or Micheal however Graham Norton keeps going on about SCD so Im wondering?!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Sorry but that would be totally and utterly against the ethics of the show. Ben was a runner-up in the US version Dancing With The Stars and this should automatically disqualify him from being considered as surely each celeb is supposed to have had no prior dance training whatsoever.
Totally agree C.raig. I know some of the previous Strictly celebs have had been on the Children in Need or Christmas specials etc, which is fair enough, but being on DWTS is a different thing. After all the fuss made about DVO last year, I can't think they'd invite anyone with his experience.I hope we don't get any reality 'stars' anyway, I never have a clue who they are.

Have seen the rumour on DS about Paul Hollywood from Bake-off, which would be fantastic.

sax wrote:I predict Janice Dickinson from IACGMOOH be on SCD as in financial difficulties!!!
Sounds similar to Pamela Anderson on DOI. If so, another early exit?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I put this on another thread of Iamfullofwonder.
Don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree or just barking but I was watching breakfast tv the other week and Edwina Curry was saying to the female presenter ?Sarah Minchin, something like you'll be good on Strictly.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 am

I read somewhere that Paul Hollywood has as good as admitted that he's doing Strictly. Graham Norton would be great and I'm sure he'd do it, I just wonder if he's got time at the moment? He seems to be on pretty much every TV show there is!

I've heard Michael Owen rumours, but him I'm not sure about. Wasn't he very injury prone? I know he's retired, but that might put him off. I wonder if Rebecca Adlington will do it this year, though.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat May 25, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Tina I also would love Graham Norton to appear on SCD! Paul from Bake Off tsk has been a naughty boy Im wondering if he will do it now? & who will be cheering him on his wife or the love Interest.Rebecca did advise she would love to do SCD! Id like to see Anneka Rice do SCD too! & maybe Harry from One Direction!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

Jessica Ennis has just been mentioned in the Daily Mail to be on Strictly this year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Off topic, but I've only just noticed the new command line (?) with the emoticons and a new way of quoting posts etc (ha, it's probably been like that for ages but I hadn't noticed)Shocked

I read somewhere that the comedian Russell Kane was interested - I can't picture him,  but a comedian would be good imo.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm

I cannot see the (?)! I had heard that too Jingle thou Russell Kane I just cannot visualise! Id love to see either Alastair McGowan or Sandy Toshvig appear!! Maybe Bradley Wiggans may appear now?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Bradley Wiggins has always said that you'll see him dead before he does anything like Strictly (though even a dead Wiggins might be better than some contestants - Ann Widdecombe springs to mind!) and anyway he has aspirations for the Vuelta Espana in August.  

Sandi Toksvig would be a laugh.  Can't see her being much of a dancer, but I think she'd be game and give it a good shot.  Russell Kane, I don't think I know, can't place him?
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Tina! Russell Kane the comedian!(loose term) from IACGMOOH spin off show! He also did a great dance as beyonce for comic relief! He has a two tone quiff hairstyle!!! Yup a stiff Wiggons be better than Widdy!!! Sandy I agree be a good sport & also Mel & Sue together! I wonder if we will ave a aged singer! Can you imagion Tom Jones doing SCD or Mick Jagger!! Mind you William refuse spell it the silly way with his fashion sense be outrageous for SCD!
Love to see the paraolympic cyclist Sarah?be given a space!

Sax
ooh or dead or alive Pete Burns
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:02 am

Ah yes, I think I know who he is now!  No, can't visualise him dancing for some reason!

I think that it would be great to include some Paralympians!  perhaps they could get brian Fortuna to help with the choreography (bring Brian back would be a VERY GOOD THING imo Laughing ).

Tom Jones would be fabulous, but somehow I can't see him ever agreeing.  Maybe Rebecca Addlington - she's supposed to be keen?  I'd like to see Jessica Ennis, but I thought she said that she couldn't do it until she'd retired and I haven't heard that she's retired yet?
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

I would like to see Brian back too!! I shall miss Vincent Sad I wonder if Freddie Flintoff be willing to do SCD? Im hoping for a rugby player!Jonny Wilkinson be my ideal choice!!! Ive heard rumours re Suzannah from bbcbreakfast? I do know Rebecca Adlington had said she wanted to do SCD! I hope we don't have a member of blue or Atomic Kitten asboth reforming again! Our Sonia thou would be great

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Oh yes!  Sonia please!  Freddie Flintoff would be a hoot!  And Johnny Wilkinson would be good too, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't quite good. I don't think I've ever heard either of them rumoured, though, although that doesn't necessarily mean much! 

Please, please no Blue or Atomic Kitten! affraid Surely the world has run out of singers who haven't left Atomic Kitten? Razz
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  IAmFullOfWonder Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:28 pm

I'd really like to see Emeli Sande on it. Earlier this year she said she was taking a break from music, and she hasn't done much else yet.

If not here, I'd like Aluna Francis from AlunaGeorge, or Gabrielle Aplin.

Also, I'd be happy to see Danielle Harold or Gillian Wright from EastEnders, or Sally Bretton from Not Going Out.

Michael Owen would be an interesting choice too.

IAmFullOfWonder
IAmFullOfWonder

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Im sure we will have a few names we go "who?" & a few stars we know!!! Seems later this year the reveal!!! Maybe its been a difficult year gaining celebs? Id love to see Michael Owen, Beth Tweddle, Ed Bryne,Graham Norton, Colin Firth,Ant or Dec!!! Helen Flannagan (see if she is a bimbo) Rebecca Adlington & one of The Brownlee brothers!!! Michael French from Eastenders & for a real treat Jenny Agutter!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 am

saxonsiren wrote:Im sure we will have a few names we go "who?" & a few stars we know!!! Seems later this year the reveal!!! Maybe its been a difficult year gaining celebs? Id love to see Michael Owen, Beth Tweddle, Ed Bryne,Graham Norton, Colin Firth,Ant or Dec!!! Helen Flannagan (see if she is a bimbo) Rebecca Adlington & one of The Brownlee brothers!!! Michael French from Eastenders & for a real treat Jenny Agutter!!!!

Sax
Brownlee brothers is a fabulous idea Sax! I'd love to see both of them on the show (have we ever had a sibling rivalry on Strictly, I can't remember?) They've got such great personalities, think they'd be very funny on ITT.

My ideal for the show would be Bradley James who played prince/king Arthur. Going to really miss him on Saturday nights now that Merlin is over.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Great Idea Jingle!!!! We have had a husband & wife compete against each other Kenny & Gabby Logan!!! Not a sibling contest thou!!! An excellent idea!!! I agree re choice Bradley James & add Colin? Merlin actor too!!! Of course John Hurt be ideal!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:30 am

...but instead we get Vanessa Feltz (according to AOL anyhow).....

Don't know much about her tbh, other than she does a radio show.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:26 am

Yes AOL advised Vanessa Feltz on SCD!!! Tbh I don't mind Feltzy being in SCD! She went on BB & was one of the few people who refused to dash off to diary room everytime they announced her name! She would say "No!" & they would keep asking!! Yes she is a little mouthy however I say give her a chance! After all we had Widdy!!! I think she will partner Robin!! & team name Frobin!!!
Too many negative aol comments re B.rucie!!!!
Not sure about Donna Air appearing think Mrs Middleton refuse to go & support with her son!!! Terri Hatcher be good & WOW a hairy biker GREAT!! Why a few from JLS??? Where are the male sports celebs???

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  IAmFullOfWonder Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:30 am

I'd like to see a rivalry of some sort, either the Brownlee Brothers, Gavin & Stacey or Jamie and Louise Redknapp.

I went to see the Brownlee Brothers at the Olympics last year and I'm seeing them again next month so it'd be good to see them on.
IAmFullOfWonder
IAmFullOfWonder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 am

Some sort of rivalry would be fun. I'd be OK with Vanessa Feltz, she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously and would be up for some fun. The Brownlee brothers are still competing aren't they? I'd love to see them, but I don't think we'll get any athletes who haven't retired (not since Jade). A Hairy Biker would be a hoot.

I would love to see Colin Firth in Strictly. Absolutely love it. Sadly I have a feeling he's much too busy and much to big a star to do it these days.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 am

Another name thrown in the hat has been rugby star Ben Cohen. I would be pretty surprised if we didn't have one actor/actress from yester-year as always seems the norm.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Ooh Ben Cohen! Good choice!!! I wonder if airhead Helen Flannagan been approached!? Which ex soap star down on luck be on SCD? Possibly Towie Stars? Mark Wright? Or Soap Stars? oh that be Helen again!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am

Those being strongly linked now are:-

Julien McDonald (Fashion Designer)
Ben Cohen (Rugby Player)
Abbey Clancy (Model)
Sophie Ellis-Bextor (Pop Singer)
Dave Myers (Hairy Biker)
Diane Youdale (Ex-Gladiator Jet)
Terri Hatcher (Actress)
Vanessa Feltz (Presenter)
Joe McElderry (X Factor winner)
Rebecca Adlington (Swimmer and Olympic Champion)

I am not sure of any others being linked.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next