Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2014

+7
TANGOLERO
Wallflower
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2014

Post  Sid Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 am

Meant to say I quite enjoyed the hair and make-up segment the other night, was interesting, wouldn't mind more of that.

Sunetra needs my votes this weekend, she doesn't sound confident about her Jive and it didn't look all that hot in training I have to say. There's a slight sense of déja vu as Sophie's Halloween Jive gave me similar worries and proved to be a bit of a disaaaster!

Looking forward to the two Tangos most, seeing the different styles - and a bit of rivalry makes things more exciting! Also, Jake's Paso (although it didn't look as good as I'd hoped in training but I'm hoping that's because they hadn't worked on the shaping yet - Janette did say she was starting with the footwork and working up).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:07 am

Oh memories of Austin Healey Neutral a fabulous dance and no bye bye Sad
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:56 am

Still can't believe Austin didn't reach the final, sax! Should have been there instead of Lisa Snowden (and I always refer to that dance-off as the reason why they should be scrapped - or at least in the later stages).

Nice to hear Lisa Maxwell (Friday panel) give Rachel and Vincent's Tango a mention. That's still in my Top 5 Strictly dances (fab dress too!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Not sure if Simon playing the character of being humble? Just not coming across and bonding with me at all.Brendan a little abrasive and I thought well said Sunetra when she sort of disagreed with him!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

I kinda enjoyed all the Monday couples, even Scott, who looks relaxed finally.

I think Simon and Kristina know that since they were at the bottom two twice, they definitely don't have the public support and will never, EVER, win the competition. They are there on borrowed time, so his reaction was more like a modulated expectation (remember he said he wasnted to WIN IT?)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:06 pm

I dislike the short time the evicted couple have now on ITT. Im sure they used to be first on and get longer. I do like C.raig but not to the extent its the Monday Night C.raig show.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I dislike the short time the evicted couple have now on ITT. Im sure they used to be first on and get longer. I do like C.raig but not to the extent its the Monday Night C.raig show.

Yes, I felt C.raig didn't add much to the Monday show. He wasn't allowed to say much, and when asked to elaborate, he wasn't that articulate (it was too clean, he said of Caroline's Samba, repeating what he said on Saturday). I just hope those eliminated pros could have stepped in instead to explain (and to agree or disagree) what the judges had said on Saturday. That will provide us with another perspective, rather than the same ol same ol.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 6 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 pm

I thought even Zoe looked very quizzical when CRH made the comment about Caroline and Pasha's Samba being 'too clean'??? confused His explanations weren't at all convincing ('over rehearsing' etc). Watching it back I thought that bascially the dance looked and felt like a salsa, as did their posture. It was without a lot of samba 'bounce' despite the samba steps that were clearly there. CRH can't say this as it would look like an open criticism of the choice of music Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 am

Maybe on a Monday or even Sunday? CRH has nothong new to say regarding tje dances and hoes for repetitive mode? We could maybe be suffering from C.raig oversatuation? Move his slot to a Thursday then reviewing the couples training clips he could see if his comments had been taken on board?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:55 pm

I can't remember if one of the other judges used this word to describe Caroline's Samba but it did look and feel a bit 'placed'. Maybe that's what CRH was getting at?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Sid wrote:I can't remember if one of the other judges used this word to describe Caroline's Samba but it did look and feel a bit 'placed'. Maybe that's what CRH was getting at?

I think I understand what Darcey and C.raig was to say in their critiques. Too placed or over-rehearsed, meaning those Samba steps became too mechnical (lacks sponteniety). But I don't want C.raig to repeat the same comments on Monday. It's a waste of time.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:07 pm

It could be that or maybe he meant 'safe?' Not over exerting themselves in case they hit the DO?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Wishing C.laudia's daughter a speedy recovery.A Halloween burn accident Sad
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Loved the Q & A with Natalie and Iveta! Nat recalled her dance with Scott! & Ricky as a stand out dance.Iveta bit mmm too demanding re more 10's about time they came out we are half way through Shocked No! I wish to see a 10 because its worth it not because its half way thru the series or we haven't had any yet! Ooh Darcey tomorrow be interesting to hear what she says
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:00 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Wishing C.laudia's daughter a speedy recovery.A Halloween burn accident Sad

What?! What happened?! Shocked

I loved tonight's ITT. The askITT segment is a surprise hit, answering so many dance questions! I love it when Iveta reminded us of the hip hop inspired cha-cha of Mark Benton! Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Not sure they mentioned it on the news and also it was on aol news page.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Copied this from ITV News page

Claudia Winkleman missed Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend after her eight-year-old daughter was involved in an accident while celebrating Halloween.

The presenter and her husband Kris Thykier released a statement following the accident, involving their daughter Matilda, who is still in hospital.

Winkleman was replaced by Zoe Ball when she pulled out of the BBC1 show, after it was announced that one of her children had "become ill".

She and her husband have now said in a statement: "Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween.

"She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery.

"We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible.

"We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."
It is thought that Matilda was out trick-or-treating when the accident happened, and that she was burnt from a candle.

It is not yet known whether the TV host will be returning to Strictly at the weekend.
Last updated Tue 4 Nov 2014
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh my goodness! I knew on Saturday there must be something quite serious because I can't imagine how Claudia suddenly had to attend to her daughter when a simple cold or flu would be taken care of by her hubby!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 pm

I'd like Alison out soon but I also know I'd miss her. She seems to have such a zest for life. Always positive, full of laughter, taking everything in her stride. It's cheering (and doesn't feel forced like it sometimes can with these 'big personalities'.). I'd be fine with her coming back in future series for the Friday Panel.

Ask The Pros has been a brilliant idea. I could have listened to them answer questions for the entire show. Good chemistry between Aliona and Tristan too.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Sid wrote:I'd like Alison out soon but I also know I'd miss her. She seems to have such a zest for life. Always positive, full of laughter, taking everything in her stride. It's cheering (and doesn't feel forced like it sometimes can with these 'big personalities'.). I'd be fine with her coming back in future series for the Friday Panel.

Ask The Pros has been a brilliant idea. I could have listened to them answer questions for the entire show. Good chemistry between Aliona and Tristan too.

I hope the producers could see their last minute addition to the ITT was what lifts the week-night Strictly companion shows for us SCD geeks. Hope they keep it after Karen Hardy returns. Get rid of C.raig, for crying out loud! Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Sid wrote:I'd like Alison out soon but I also know I'd miss her. She seems to have such a zest for life. Always positive, full of laughter, taking everything in her stride. It's cheering (and doesn't feel forced like it sometimes can with these 'big personalities'.). I'd be fine with her coming back in future series for the Friday Panel.

I couldn't agree more Sid Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Really enjoyed ITT tonight and looking forward to the show this week - Steve is such a nice man and the paso training looked good - hope he can come back from last week. Also thought that Sunetra looked good and Frankie looked very good - not sure about Pixie - liked what I saw of Jake's hip movements!!!

With the bounce back vote and a crowd pleaser dance that will suit her, I don't think Alison will be going anywhere this week. Mark also looking good but fancy not knowing who Barry Manilow is????? Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Eammon is really p*@*ing me off - SHUT UP man. Its NOT about you!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 pm

B4p wrote:Eammon is really p*@*ing me off - SHUT UP man. Its NOT about you!

What is he on about Caroline's waltz music being a goodbye song? Some rumba songs danced on Strictly were about break-ups. I mean Pixie blubbered in hers! So silly a reason not to like Caroline's waltz, which, from the little we've seen of the training clip, I think it's going to be phenomenal (probably a ten from L.en)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I had a little rant on the Lemon Tart Thread on Strictly Anything Else page.
How anyone imagined those two would add anything noteworthy or be any use on the sacred Friday Night Panel slot is beyond belief. Her with 'my mate Alison' and him with his ' bad omen song, don't want to use that'. Give us real fans with at least an ounce of dance knowledge to discuss ALL the celebs.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next