Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2014

+7
TANGOLERO
Wallflower
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
B4p
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2014

Post  Sid Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 pm

I can't tell Charleston Joanne and regular Joanne apart Laughing I think she might be the first person who has to tone her personality down for it Laughing

Must say, I always find Pixie the person much more engaging than Pixie the dancer. I feel like I have some insight into her thoughts and feelings and her partnership with Trent.

I can do without the kid dancing, VTs and silly games!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Why are people encouraging their children to dance in front of the tv during ITT and SCD? Surely they watch the programmes together? Seems not prefer to video their wee ones attempts at dancing whilst using the tv as a prop!
Why not encourage children to be dancing in the playground or during gym lessons?

Im sure we will see Grannie tottering around the lounge next and beimg filmed!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Why are people encouraging their children to dance in front of the tv during ITT and SCD? Surely they watch the programmes together? Seems not prefer to video their wee ones attempts at dancing whilst using the tv as a prop!
Why not encourage children to be dancing in the playground or during gym lessons?

Im sure we will see Grannie tottering around the lounge next and beimg filmed!

Although video's hadn't even been invented when I was little, I can remember quite clearly dancing in front of the telly to Top of the Pops when I was about 3... And pretty much every week until... well, until they took it off air Embarassed I didn't need any encouragement, believe me, and I was interacting and as engrossed in proceedings as when sat down watching it.

No, I have no problem at all with kids dancing in front of the telly - as illustrated they have been doing that since the dinosaurs roamed the earth (or at least since TV was invented) - and I have no problem with them filming their little darling's performance to delight Nan and Uncle Joe and Doreen next door. But I DO have a problem with them wasting precious airtime on ITT on it.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:  have no problem with them filming their little darling's performance to delight Nan and Uncle Joe and Doreen next door.  But I DO have a problem with them wasting precious airtime on ITT on it.
I agree. The programme's frantic enough. Put the clips on the main Beeb site.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2014 - Page 4 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm

cellar-door wrote:ITT is fun tonight. I think they've finally hacked the source code for ThomDoll OS(tm), and injected a successful, realistic, human personality into it. He's like a different person, innit? Hopefully that will help him with his dance from now on. Though, Cha-Cha is not going to be an easy dance.

Also, we might have a first celeb/pro accidents during the live show this Saturday. When I saw how Scott just fling Joanne over like that in their Charleston training, I think he's like a dangerous driver who doesn't know he's putting other people's lives in danger by his cluelessness!!!

lol! Can't see the cha cha being Thomdoll's dance particularly but then I thought that was going to the case with the Charleston and he did quite well.CD I feel about Thomdoll a bit like you feel about Pixie and Trent( aka TT twins) - a bit cold - and I don't know why as I can see he's improving and hasn't done anything to offend, but I just can't get up any enthusiasm and that costume last week was just too distracting in the wrong way and clouded my judgement.

Will be hiding behind the sofa when Scott does the charleston lifts!!!! Rolling Eyes

Sax: I wonder if the Imp and the dragons will appear as props for the TT twins??

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

Ooh I hope so adore the actor Peter who plays the Imp! 3 dragons as props ooh will they call them Sparkle,Glitter and Fleckle!?

Last edited by saxonsiren on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made a hsdh of it)
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:05 pm

You do realise that ITT is only going to get worse as time goes on? At the beginning with so many couples everything is rush, rush, rush so that they all get a slot during the week, as well as Karen and Iain having to go through so many couples every week. But as time goes on and the couples get less we start to get all the silly filler-in bits. It's bad enough at the moment with the stupid videos of these little kids - we don't have time for that!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Fear you may be right lualen.

I don't mind some filler segments - like Karen and Ian explaining the history of the dances (informative) or having a nose around the pro dancer's houses (satisfies curiosity!). But more and more the filler stuff is inane nonsense.

Wish we could have longer, calmer, more relaxed, less interrupted interviews like we used to - with an emphasis on training. The chat with TT last night was more like that.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Oh dear I recall the fillers in the past! Guess the house/wardrobe of pro dancer
Then Lens' Lens! Silver tongued Italian Stallion's tips and then photos of adults dressed up as their favoutite couple(love to see the TT piccies) now if you will excuse me I have to find my blonde wig/flimsy dress/dragons...

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Have to agree Sid. No problem at all with Karen and Iain, or some of the more informative stuff.  Its the inane drivel/time waster stuff that annoys me - and that includes most of the stuff in the VT's before couples dance on Saturdays. Don't mind the training clips - that's what it's all about - but most of the rest is just rubbish.
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:17 pm

I've always loved ITT but yes - please bring back more quality not quantity and an emphasis on training clips and all things dance related - not inane stuff. I'm sure most people tune into the programme to listen to the couples and listen to Ian, Karen and the Friday Night Panel (although that too is very hit and miss now) I also used to enjoy it when they had some of the pro dancers who had made early exits doing some segments on the show - we don't seem to see anything of the early exit pros now - except in the Sunday night pro dances.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:50 pm

TT twin in a cowboy hat pale scarey. Loved Steve's honesty and enthusiasim
So now we know fillers for the rest of the week is "Home Barn Dance routines!"
Caroline's dress looks lovely and never knew a maximum useage of Red allowed re costumes!
Omg O'la going to be covered in this weeks show cheers
Godays bless first mention
Ooh Pixie TT dress cannot imagine her in it
Iveta's dress very tiny and sorry but No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Caroline's dress looks lovely and never knew a maximum useage of Red allowed re costumes!

Don't know if it was my television set but the lining looked yellow, not lime, to me?!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Sid wrote:Don't know if it was my television set but the lining looked yellow, not lime, to me?!

Looked yellow to me as well Sid.

I know Alison isn't the best dancer but she makes me cry with laughter on ITT Laughing
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Alison and Aljaz are hilarious together, Wall Laughing

I expected to tire of her after a few weeks but nope, still making me laugh. And she's so honest.

Pleased they're playing it straight for the Tango though, good move.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Love Marian on the Friday panel! She must have a thing for the Russians, first the unhealthy level of obsession with Lilia, now with Pasha! Haha!

cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Loved all three of FNP and wished the whole half hour had had them in it! Rufus so funny and I loved the velvet jacket! Jane with her secret crush on Kevin and her comments re men and rythmn and loving them like wine Very Happy Please please BBC keep the trio over the weekend,ply them with champagne,chocolates room service but let them come back on Monday ITT! In fact id like to see them as a regular FNP and film them during SCD as well.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm a very happy Marianette Smile

I know Rufus took over a bit but he did make me laugh (especially the "wheeling out his nan" comment!).

Can do without the "I don't want to be first out" / "I don't want to be in the bottom two" VTs. Talk about stating the bleeding obvious Rolling Eyes
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Sid Im not sure what the obvious is!! Wink
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Sid Im not sure what the obvious is!! Wink  

Of course they are going to say things like, "I don't want to be the next one out", or "You'll never know who's going to be at the bottom two".

I know they need filler for the Friday Panel guests to be seated, but that was precious three-minutes or so wasted, which could be used for more Friday Panel.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:58 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Loved all three of FNP and ...id like to see them as a regular FNP.

The section was too short! It should have been foreseen by anybody with multiple brain cells that a panel with BOTH Rufus Hound and Marian Keyes (I have the same unhealthy obsession for her that she showed Lilia....) was going to be a riot. I felt it was cut off in it's prime.. The whole half hour could easily have been the FNP - pure telly heaven/tv gold. When you get entertainment that good the producers should mine it for all it's worth.... yes, yes, I know, other commitments/illness/wanting a lie in may prevent regular appearances, but for goodness sakes - the producer's could at least try - I reckon Rufus and Marion would do it if the bribe was big enough - like a replica glitter ball.... (and an life size replica of Pasha for Marian Wink )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:29 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:

The section was too short!  It should have been foreseen by anybody with multiple brain cells that a panel with BOTH Rufus Hound and Marian Keyes (I have the same unhealthy obsession for her that she showed Lilia....) was going to be a riot.  I felt it was cut off in it's prime.. The whole half hour could easily have been the FNP - pure telly heaven/tv gold.  When you get entertainment that good the producers should mine it for all it's worth.... yes, yes, I know, other commitments/illness/wanting a lie in may prevent regular appearances, but for goodness sakes - the producer's could at least try - I reckon Rufus and Marion would do it if the bribe was big enough - like a replica glitter ball.... (and an life size replica of Pasha for Marian Wink )

I agree Diamonds they should give Marion a lifesize cut out of Pasha and a free afternoon dancing with him
Rufus could have control over training sessions for a few couples! Oh how about two guest judges Mariom and Rufus@ however im sure thicky BBC won't recognise the two gemd they have or the fact the viewers love them
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 pm

I too was annoyed that the FNP was cut off last night - they just don't start it early enough in the show to allow the guests to comment properly on the dancers. My ears always prick up when I hear some honest views and comments coming out of the guests (rather than some of the stupid gushing and self promotion that goes on with some FNPs) and it is always funny to see how concerned Zoe looks when they dare move away from qualifying every statement with how lovely everybody is and other mushy 'positives' - (C laudia used to be the same on ITT) I felt she had that expression on her face when Rufus was talking about Frankie and Kevin but I know where he is coming from. Really liked the trio and would like to see them back!!!! Give us more honesty and edge on ITT please and less mush.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:10 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I too was annoyed that the FNP was cut off last night - they just don't start it early enough in the show to allow the guests to comment properly on the dancers.   My ears always prick up when I hear some honest views and comments coming out of the guests (rather than some of the stupid gushing and self promotion that goes on with some FNPs)  Really liked the trio and would like to see them back!!!!  Give us more honesty and edge on ITT please and less mush.

Hear hear!!!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Oops did Zoe let the cat out the bag re knowing on Saturday the resukts not Sunday! Her remark re her husband tweeted her as she was in bed that Thom had gone out? Thom looked gutted to have gone out and my first glimpse of the dances I thought yes he was improving unlike Alison (love her personality but its her dancing Im voting on) and Scott (why for goodness sake is he there?) L.en,L,en,L,en wrong decision! & lol re Zoe asking if their now going on a date!!!!
Again too short a time re the leaving couple
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next