Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 19 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 am

Sid wrote:

Yeah, straight after the elimination too - as if the other contestants (and future ones) were all going to start scheming ways of wriggling out the dance off (not to mention some of his followers thinking he'd insinuated Anastacia had herself done just that).

He's an awful, awful man! Anastacia stood there based on public votes without dance off, the results could go either way (i.e. she received the lowest public votes), did James not think of that?!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:36 am

I don't think thinking is his strong point Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:40 am

Sid wrote:I don't think thinking is his strong point Laughing

Indeed! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 19 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 am

GBP (and James Jordan) are a funny lot to say the least - moaning and groaning when it looks like the judges have showed favouritism in marking and the DO and then still moaning and groaning when the viewer votes have decided it!! Rolling Eyes

I wonder if these 'outraged fans' are those who failed to vote Melvin through...................................... Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:12 am

Enjoyed reading everyone's comments. So far, I'm enjoying the shows. Liked most of the costumes and thought some of the ladies gowns (e.g. Anastasia's Cha Cha dress) looked stunning.

I usually prefer 'less is more' on the props front, but thought the West Side Story building for AJ & Claudia was a refreshing change from the old garden swing.  The floor graphics are clever and add another dimension to setting the scene.

The live band and singers are fantastic and make the show in my opinion. I wish they'd have a one-off special Strictly show dedicated to them, so that the camera could follow them round for a few days.

Dancers - I agree with what's already been said but want to flag up that Danny mentioned they'd had 4 days in rehearsals, and for me, The Judge must have spent a fair bit of that time just learning how to lift. Not one, but several lifts on week 2, as well as learn his steps and lead Oksana. I think he did a great job. Can't wait to see him as a Flintstone.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 pm

B4p wrote:Dancers - I agree with what's already been said but want to flag up that Danny mentioned they'd had 4 days in rehearsals...

Well, four proper days for rehearsal and then one full day filming silly day out with cheesy skits and dialogues. These producers should be flogged mercilessly for daring to waste TV licencees' money like this, and worst of all, causing the couples training time! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:13 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I always think that in the lottery of the first couple of weeks of SCD if you are average at it and not a big star then you are on the back foot -

Very True, Spoony, Gabby Logan, Jimmy Mystry etc, etc....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Hello gang!!!

I think most of what I wanted to say has been said already but just a couple of comments.

I was already bored with Melvin's dancing and wasn't sad that he left.  (Seemed like a nice enough chap, just didn't get it.)

Who the **** is Judge Rinder?  Was sure I would dislike him intensely but find myself grinning all the way through his dances and can't wait to see his j.ourney.

Of the rest, not a lot to say really, a couple of nearly pros (Louise and Danny), a few no-hopers and the rest just muddling along.  It will warm up nicely over the next few shows and in a couple of weeks we should be able to predict who will get to the business end of the competition (with the one shock exit along the way, of course).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Well hello one and all! I am always late to the party but this year I have just escaped momentarily from 1996. In March of this year I somehow hopped on board a time machine taking me back in time to a beauteous place which has no mobile signal, no tv and no Internet or wifi. The tardis came whizzing by yesterday and I just managed to hang onto the door handle and have arrived back in 2016 safe and sound - whether all of my faculties are still intact remains to be seen...

Anyway,  I thought I would pop on here and bid you all a very fond hello. I haven't read any posts yet because of the spoilers they may inadvertently contain - I have only watched the double episode of the first week. Will be catching up with week 2 later today before being bang up to date and watching live with all of you and the rest of the strictly-following nation. Rather novel - watching something at the same time as everyone else at the time it is actually broadcast.  Feeling quite giddy at the thought of it... such joy!

Sooooo.... here are my thoughts on week 1. As you know, appearance is everything to me so I shall start on hair, makeup, outfits and general gorgeousness...

The first thing that jumped out at me was Joanne's hair. Hurrah and yay and whoop and other cheering words - she has listened to me and has gone back to being a blonde. An improvement so vast that even Everest can't compare in vastness. .. She still annoys me though - all that faffing abaht as The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman so rightly said, and she was n't contrite in the least. Smug and a bit arrogant...
Very few dresses leapt out at me, the exception being Karen's red tango number.  And the pretty pink dresses they all wore for the rather achingly lovely opening waltz routine of the second part/show of the first week. And who is that really pretty girl who stood behind Claudia on the right in said pink dress for the whole show? Bring her forward immediately and get rid of the platinum Russian partnering judge rhino...

And now onto the males. In all that is hot and steamy where/who/why/what is Danny Mac? When I watched him in rehearsals I thought he was a vacuous, cocky Essex-boy-type. And then he turned up on the dance floor and I had the vapours. .. ... My legs turned to water, I could hardly breathe, hot flushes were previewed 15 years (or so.... hopefully) prematurely and reader - I  positively swooned. Its SO wrong isn't it? But I just can't seem to help myself I'm blushing as I type. Phew - may need a bit of a lie down. ..

Ok. I've calmed down now. I had a cold shower and cuppa redbush and normal service is resumed.  And now i'll get on with the dancing:

Standouts wsre Louise's jive and MacSteamy's (love an opportunity to reference Grey's Anatomy) chacha. Daisys waltz was lovely but overmarked and actually a bit forgettable (see what I did there...?). Her dress should have looked gorgeous but somehow didn't - something not quite right that I can't put my foot on.  Cheerio has some potential but I think he will grate on me as much as his partner Joanne.  Judge rhino - hmmm - v overmarked in my opinion. A character for sure but one that could also become tiresome before too long. Love Tameka in general and adored her paso persona.  Nit the best dancer by a long stretch but someone I am in no hurry to go. Leslie joseph is v sweet but I can't see her sticking around for long. Laura - beautiful but dull and and a but gawky on the dance floor. The gymnast needs to losen up and her patner needs to lose a.few.teeth and get that floppy thing going on with his hair sorted - as it is I just want to slap him... (Clauds was a bit mean to him but it did make me laugh.  A  lot). Ummm - who else is there? Oh yes - Anastacia. Sassy. Not sure how that translates to a waltz or a foxtrot,  but we'll see. And the politician ... You're fired.

Well that's my round up for what it is worth - I wonder if my options will change in the light of weeks 2 and 3. We shall see. ..!

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OMG- the typos!!!! That's what happens when you right an epic on a smartphone...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:19 pm

cheers cheers bounce bounce

Hurrah diamondsandpearls your back! Glad the Tardis dropped you back safely. AJ think has gone for the Jr High School preppy look. Jay had his hair tamed wonder if AJ will? He still to me looks far too young to be a pro champion! If it's not policemen looking young these days it's the dancers!

How magical the young dancers were on opening the show wow. How I'd love a junior scd and Senior scd too...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:10 pm

Tardis coming back to fetch me to return to 1996 next Sunday, sadly. Meanwhile I will make the most :-)

I think the boy wonder (AJ? Does that stand for Housewives choice Junior...? Wink ) is an escapee from Neighbours, and is actually called Kyle or Jed, or Brad...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:35 pm

Right peeps - up to date now.

So here is my overview of week 2.

First off: Melvin woz robbed.  Anastacia didn't deserve to be in the dance off either.  The politician should have been pilloried - not fun to watch, just totally uncomfortable viewing.  And he is such a wooden personality too. Bah humbug.

Dresses: Laura and Naga drew the dress-of, with the gymnast's skirt-part nearly stealing it (but the top was bordering on hideous). I loved the yellow with the unexpected grey at the bottom which twirled and swirled as Laura danced and Naga's gold number was sheer heaven.  The skirt fabric of Claudiathegymnast was utterly gorgeous and I loved the shape of it. Such a shame about the bodice.  Again, Daisy looked a little wrong and I can;t quite work it out. She has, as Darcy pointed out, endless legs.  and she has a waist and a bust and yet.... Louise's dress also troubled me - she looked nice when she was still but it didn't flow with the dance - a fringed bodice is not made for ballroom me-thinks.  Am noticing that they have reams of a sort of self-striping fabric which is being handed out willy-nilly to the pros in various shades - pink last week and navy/black (hard to tell really) and white for this week.  And Karen's red tango dress from last week was also the same.  Time to ring the changes costume department...

Karen's shoes in the jive... in lust with them Very Happy

The pretty girl was there again - in the dark navy/black of the pro dance on 'saturday'.  She must be what Joanne was last year - a fill in the He is. And we obey him. pro who appears only in the pro dances. I'd like to see her with a sleb please...

Dances: Again Louise and MacSteamy came through, and drew at the top of the leaser board. I had noted that MacSteamy was a bit skippy and felt he was actually a tad overmarked, so maybe it should have been Louise's night. The other stand out dance for me was Tameka's - yes she had the whole character thing nailed to a T, but her feet were very good indeed and she swivelled almost effortlessly around the floor.  I absolutely adored it (again). Laura was a complete surprise after her lacklustre (for me) cha cha cha and her waltz was lovely - and the dress was SO right for the dance and helped things along no end in the completeness stakes (Tip for costume dept - not for the first time!)

Please can Oreo and Jud Rhino go soon?  They get on my chesticles...

Have NO idea what sort of time Strictly is on these days - I am so out of the loop back in 1996.... Off to check the schedules - see you all here shortly Very Happy Very Happy

PS - just checked - less than 10 mins... Just think - I could have missed the beginning!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:58 pm

cellar-door wrote:

+ Laura & Giovanni, I swear they are bonking each other with that frisson-charged Waltz. Beautifully choreographed (except the under leg move which I find rather clumsy), Laura was a revelation and I actually like her waltz more than Daisy's attempt last week. Another high score of 8 for me as well.

Yes! Yes! Yes! to all of that.....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Sorry - I seem to be taking over the topic at the mo - but I have been catching up with what everyone has been saying. Because of living in the past, I haven't been able to see what the media have been saying, so it is interesting to see. Hadn;t realised there was a Daisy backlash - she's nice enough but maybe a little syrupy for my tastes. However, Aljaz is my favourite male pro and I know he will make the most of her. I think her problem for me is that she's a little TOO statuesque for me to feel comfortable watching her - and yes, just like Lisa Snowdon as others have pointed out. I had the same problem with her. Aljaz is a tall chap but in heels Daisy is slightly taller, and though slim, she is not toned or sleek in the way Abby was (I quite liked Abby in the end) so she doesn't end up looking tall and elegant but tall and, dare I say it, ever-so-slightly matronly.....

On the subject of fave male pros, yes I totally agree that Gorka is the nearest to a new Vincente that we are ever likely to get. (BTW Gorka??? Is that a Spanish name - really? Or is it an attempt at rendering the Spanish pronunciation of Jorge into English spelling???). Giovanni is def not Vincente - he is himself. And I love him dearly. I love you I love you I love you (Sorry Sid - I know he doesn't do it for you).

Didn't realise that a lot of people here find Tameka annoying but love the Rhino (it's t'other way round for me) or that they think Ed Balls tries hard whereas I just find him trying...

Also didn't realise that Danny was a ringer. Kind of don't care - I just love watching him on the dance floor. I knew Louise was a bit of a ringer, but it is a v long time since she left stage school or did any performing which isn't straight presenting, so I feel she is not a real ringer.

Forgot to mention Greg's bum. It did stick out. A lot. And it's not because he has muscly, rounded buttocks from all the long-jumping, it is cos he doesn;t tuck it under. In comparison his bum is a tiny pimple to mine, but I can make mine stick out much less than is (long practice.... Wink )

Re the non-dance off. What evs - neither of them should have gone really and of the two Melvin was the weaker. Balls should have gone, but as has been pointed out, the first couple of weeks often sees middle of the road people who have flown under the radar chucked out. I agree with Laura (and I;ve beadled on and on about it - pretty much every year!) that there shouldn't be a dance off and no nobody leaves. Just a big accumalative scoreboard of combined judges and The People's scores. \top four in the penultimate week fight it out in a final the following week. But... the people in the tower hate nice people like me and Laura...

Can I just say re The Politician - really don't see the not-so-badness that others are seeing. I also think Katya is a bit lacking - she doesn't really work to showcase him, just dances around him lot (love the Billy Bunter round a cream doghnut image Tango!).

Right, I will shut up now. I feel all caught up...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Well I'm a bit miffed started watching scd late on record by the time it finished I couldn't vote! Arrghhhh

Bit bored re black for C.laudia and white/black for Tess.

Daisy & Alijaz Q/S nice bouncy. Elbows a bit tricky. Quite light but didn't give me a wow 7.5

Anastacia & Brendan VW some gapping still taut in m8ddle Anastacia. Sometimes got stuck in the middle of transition. Hated oh HATED the musicality choice of my fave song grrrr No 6

Danny & Oti Paso, great entrance,good shapes bit of gapping but great attitude. How much dance experience? 8

Lesley & A.non q's bouncy in places sometimes shoulders hunched. Lost a Lil time in middle of routine 6.5

Will & Karen different salsa I liked it.nice lifts. Wills free hand sometimes weird. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman comments not eough salsa. Will comments back and l.en turn up,keep up,and shut up! Did say joking!? 8

Naga and Pasha think harness difficulties. Raunchy outfit for Naga,acrobats and props. A few sharp twists but nothing spectacular. . 6

Judge Rinder & Oksana fun,fun. Good lifts, bouncy and light bit of a mess up with legs... darkhorse 7.5

Ore & Joanne A/smoothly Oksana looks the part,loved the steps sequence. Nice routine suprise of night 8

Laura & Giovanni Salsa. Hated the music. Facial expressions! Shoulders,one lift a little awkward 7

Greg and Natalie no bum or we'll hidden ,light up and down, nice life. Romantic Gentile Giant 7.5

AJ & C.laudia Charleston love the song,lively almost a show dance

Tameka and Gorka Tango faffing over car,gapping but better latter part of dance.6.5

Ed & Katya excellent mask/outfit,bit stomp at times but quite light on his feet. Good side by side some stop start but it's a guilty pleasure 7

Louise and Kevin cha cha raunchy outfit for Louise. Legs and arms so graceful. Looked at ease 8.5

I have noticed a few scored 27 and 31 and 36.... C.raig weird re 4 for
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:17 am

Me again - sorry Neutral (I only have a week of this so I have to make the most...)

I've been fishing and have found the answer to two of my own questions:

1. The pretty pro present in the gallery is Chloe Hewitt, pro partner of AJ (apparently they were in the semis of BGT 3 years ago). Shame she didn't get a partner

2. Gorka is the Basque version of George, so I was onto something thinking it might be a corruption of Jorge (which is Spanish version of George).

Giovanni is a bit of a player. Allegedly.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:28 am

I just watched Movie Week on iplayer and I love it!

The standout dances for me:

* Claudia and AJ's Charleston is fiendishly fast! Deserving a 9!
* Ore and Jo's AS is very classy (some dodgy footwork, very few heel leads), surprisingly charming dance, I thought I would cringe, but Jo's choreography was spot on. Easily 8.5!
* I was expecting Danny to do a more than decent Paso, and he didn't disappoint. Very technically accomplished, though the tempo for his Paso is a little too fast (still manages to finish all the figures and transitions from one figure to another very smooth). A score between 8.5 to 9 (I place it lower than Claudia's Charleston).
* Ed's lacking in Samba techniques more than made up for his pure "I don't care what others think of me I am going to DANCE and ENJOY myself". Love it! LOL, 7 for entertainment alone!

Notable mentions:
* Louise's Cha-Cha was technically a very accomplished dance and still in keeping with the movie. Easily an 8.
* Greg's bum finally tucked in! A little bow-legged, but nice topline, good in-hold moments and executed those lifts well. 8

Disappointments:
* Naga's Tango bored me to tears. I normally love Pasha but I just didn't sense they were dancing together! Argh. If she's in the bottom two, I won't be upset to see her go (she doesn't look like she's enjoying the experience, unlike Ed). 6.5
* Lesley didn't lose her timing in her Quickstep but there was gapping whenever they are in hold. Still, performance wise, she's better than Naga, her lack of topline notwithstanding. Also 6.5
* Anastacia's VW was beautifully choreographed but she looked tentative while doing the dance, and I think she lifted her foot a tad too high when doing pivots. 6.5

I suspect there is a shock bottom two because the middle of the table celebs like Laura, Temeka, Daisy and Will. One of them at the bottom two (but I hope against Naga or Lesley possibly, the shock bottom two celeb will be saved)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:32 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:Giovanni is a bit of a player. Allegedly.

I have a sense that Laura and Giovanni are bonking like rabbits this series. Last series I didn't feel Georgia and his chemistry extended beyond the dance floor, how wrong was I!

Wasn't it Georgia who broke up with her fiancee Sean whatever in the final, and shortly after went out with Giovanni, only to break up with him before this year's series started because she said she wouldn't be able to stand Gio with another pretty celeb partner? I loved Georgia and Giovanni's many dances last year, but I think it's a little pot-kettle of her to have broken up with her fiancee last year and then this year pre-empt the situation by breaking off with Gio first...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:38 am

This was a good week. No one was terrible, in fact most couples had something to commend them. Theme weeks usually annoy me but I enjoyed this one loads. [Where did that grumpy old man go?]

Daisy and Aljaz
A decent quickstep. Although the choreography wasn't the best I'd ever seen. A bit tame really. However she was very good. I suppose she deserved her 8s but Aljaz's choreography didn't.

Anastacia and Brendon
She did a not bad job. One couldn't really tell what was going on as there was an awful lot of swirling camera work going round and round her and with only three quarter length shots we didn't see much of her feet.

Danny and Oti
Fantastic. They're so good and oviously trust each other. It's wonderful to see. I love Oti's choreography. She pushes him to the limit and he responds wonderfully. I also love it when L.en spots something exciting in her choreography. She doesn't just appreciate it – she explodes as if it's the best Christmas ever! I'll admit I had to watch this routine twice. I realised I hadn't watched Danny at all. I just love watching Oti!

Lesley and Housewives choice
Fun. Not wonderful perhaps but a great performance. I thought she'd tire half way through, but she kept going. Maybe I'm biased – I love this number and I thought they brought through it's charm.

Will and Karen.
Don't talk back to L.en. Even if you think you know what you're talking about.  Like L.en, I didn't think there was much Salsa was in the dance. They didn't do it for me this week. I thought that Will was going to be my favourite for the series but they're definitely slipping from that spot.

Naga and Pasha
Everyone keeps saying that Naga has such great potential, but if she doesn't start showing it soon, she's going to be heading home.  On the other hand, I thought she went up a gear this week. I thought she seemed a lot more confident in her dancing. Best thing of course was her costume. Very Sexy! She has a great figure and that cat suit was just the ticket!

Judge Rinder and Oksana
None of Judge Rinder's dances have been as good as the first week so far. I think there were too many mistakes for it to be as good as the marks warranted.

Ore and Joanne
I really enjoyed this. I didn't think he'd bring it off, but he really made it his own. Very smooth, very cool. And I'm with the panel – wonderful choreography, enough to reference Singing in the Rain but not attempting in any way to copy it. A very enjoyable performance. He deserved his Nines.

Laura and Giovanni
Meh… I mean she wasn't awful by any means, but I expect better of her. Not very snappy. B.runo said it was one of the hottest, sexiest salsas, but I didn't see that. B.runo – nine? No, no, no, no, no.

Greg and Natalie
Not bad at all. Quite smooth and very competent. I loved the lifts. I don't know what Darcy was going on about. I agreed with all the marks.

Claudia and AJ
Wow! A fantastic Charleston. So crisp, so “on it”. Lots of fun and really, really enjoyable. Nines? Totally deserved.

Tameka and Gorka
Tameka was pretty good tonight. She doesn't really do it for me, but she made a good effort. I thought the scores were pretty much on the mark.

Ed and Katya
There is a weird fascination watching Ed Balls dance! He's not a great dancer by any means and never will be, but he's not entirely ridiculous in the way that John Sergeant and Ann Widdecombe were. A four from C.raig? I suppose so – but I thought it was a little harsh. I'm really enjoying Ed's performances. He might last a few more weeks. Will he be voted out, or will he have to retire like John Sergeant did? Depends on how much the public like him. Could he win? Unlikely with the dance-off. On the other hand the public did vote for Darren Gough and he was rubbish!

Louise and Kevin
She's great. And brave. Doing the opening of that number was almost more brave than Ore doing the opening of Singing in the Rain, and in a leotard too. There's no hope of hiding footwork there and everyone's going to judge her legs. I watched it again after the show and ended up watching it three or four times. She caught the mood of the whole thing. Seven from C.raig? B****cks! I wasn't very interested in this couple to begin with because I have a thing about Kevin(!) but I'm beginning to like them more now. They're definitely in my top three or four.

I'm looking forward to next week now. I have no idea who's leaving this week though.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 19 Empty Re: A little Bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:20 am

Well what a show!!!!   Can't think of when there was a show that was this close this early.

To be honest each one of them deserves to stay but for different reasons.   I fear that some people  (who gave perfectly good performances) might get lost in some of the 'big' performances of tonight - but one thing I have decided is that I definitely don't want one of the 'ringers' to win and I think that unlike some years they are going to have to fight hard against the many contestants this year who are on the 'short trip to Dusseldorf' and who are all the more interesting for it............... Very Happy

As always with theme nights, some struck lucky with what they were given and others I  felt suffered from being given a track that was not really suitable for the dance being done   (Karen and Will?)Also thought  C raig's marking was very erratic tonight.

Daisy and Alijaz  Enjoyed it even though I thought the timing was more like a polka than a quick step!  Good routine as always from Alijaz and Daisy is good but it didn't really pack the punch that some of the later performances did for me.

Anastacia and Brendan  Again really enjoyed the performance a lot - it was a smooth lovely and elegant Viennese well choreographed by B rendan as always and they both looked lovely - but agreed with the judges that it was 'careful' - probably out of necessity and didn't make as strong an impression as some of the other dances did.

Danny and Oti very good but too good - the paso is one of my favourite dances - Oti was superb and I loved the music and style but excellent as it was as a dance routine, I felt that as I feared Danny came out and did another stage dance routine. He didn't get down into the floor enough for me and I couldn't see the raw flamenco that I like. I know I sound crabby but...... Rolling Eyes

Lesley and A nton  Yes it was a proper quickstep and I loved it - they really glided across the floor - this was a fast routine and I couldn't believe how well Lesley kept up with it.  Great comedy and good balance between the nod towards the film and the dance routine - well done A nton for the choreography and well done Lesley.

K aren and Will Well it was Salsa Tikka Masala -  As a dance routine it was brilliant - - as a salsa I really don't know............ L en was right there was just one section in there, however they can't help what they are given can they?  Curse of the theme week - however Will did really well I think - I did cringe a bit when he answered L en back - not cricket!!!

Naga and P asha Loved 'Mission Impossible' as a Tango track -  bit of a faff with the flying harnesses when they landed on the ground but she looked great and I think made a good stab at this for what is only the third week!  She has improved a lot but is obviously more comfortable during the  'in hold' bits -  B runo was right - she needs some more consistency.   Felt C raig was mean with his marks - P asha's choreography is challenging.

Judge and Oksana Strangely disappointed in this one - I've liked what he has done so far. This was fun but  thought it was not his best dance - seemed a bit clunky and didn't like the bare feet - but it was difficult to fit a Charleston to this music - probably my least favourite dance tonight.

Ore and Joanne  Wow!  This should have been top of the leaderboard IMO -  at last some top class choreography from Joanne and despite my fears, they did a lovely routine and for the first time danced  'together' - I will definitely be watching this one back.  One of the dances of the night for me.

Greg and N at  Give this man a medal for improvement!!!  Excellent routine - testimony to N ats good teaching - she is getting him to be more confident, there was no rear end on display and posture and timing so much better - loved the costumes and everything about this routine - and I think the track demanded the powerful lifts which were done well.

Laura and Gio Loved the styling of this one and the choreography but like the cha cha I feel Laura's top lines are really good and she got some hip action in but the feet aren't quite right.

AJ and C laudia  Despite being got up like a young version of Miriam Margolyes  (sorry)   this was predictably good and gave C laudia yet another chance to show off her athletic skills. Not my cup of tea personally but I can see that the timing and steps were really good and it was a very good performance.

Tameka and Gorka pleasantly surprised at her first ballroom n umber - good effort with plenty of content and attack.

Ed and Katya  OMG - stunned but in a good way!!!!   This was definitely a marmite dance and there didn't seem to me to be much samba content  (although L en said there was!)  however, what a performance - once again perfectly in time and it wasn't just a case of Katya dancing round him - she got him doing some real dance moves and a great variety of them.  Go Ed - 'shmokin'.......... Very Happy

Louise and Kevin  Competent cha cha - good costumes no over the top theming from Kevin - looked good didn't set me on fire but thought she did well with this.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:17 am

Wow! Normally I'm a grumpy old lady with theme nights but I loved this. I guess movie songs are less constricting in terms of making dance fit a theme ( ie Halloween Evil or Very Mad ). A real night of entertainment and I have no idea who will go out, but as others have said, I do wonder whether one of the middlies will end up in the DO.

Daisy and Alijaz quickstep 8
It was over so fast I didn't notice! Felt very comfortable watching her but I can't say I remembered it afterwards
Anastasia and Brendan  V Waltz 7
Played safe, probably had to, understated didn't blow me away but ok. Love that song though
Danny and Oti paso 9
Great lines spot on loved it. I know he's a ringer but I love to watch these two. And I've said from the start I can't take my eyes off her, but I found myself glancing at him in this dance!
Lesley and Housewives choice quickstep 6
You've got to admire her pace she's an old school hoofer and good on her
Will and Karen salsa 8
Loved the theme of this -didn't know it was a salsa but didn't care! If you're going to give them a Bollywood theme you take the consequences I thought it was great- but note to self Will, smile through gritted teeth and don't answer back
Naga and Pasha - tango 6
Unfortunate harness malfunction but although she looked great, she looks uncomfortable- I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the DO nor would I be sorry to see her go
Judge and Oksana- Charleston 7
technically a bit lacking Good performance, but didn't blow me away
Ore and Joanne American Smooth 8.5
Love his attitude and how much it means! Really loved the dance credit to Joanne for great choreography
Laura and Giovanni- salsa 7
Meh I didn't really buy it not sure why
Greg and Natalie american smooth 8
Clever wardrobe giving him a flared jacket over his bum. I love these two and loved this dance without being totally wowed, as opposed to...
Claudia and AJ- Charleston 9
Spot on! Dance of the night for me, I thought she nailed the technical aspects whilst giving a great performance that didn't rely on goofiness
Tameka and Gorka tango 7
Probably the worst music/dance choice of the night and lacked a bit of sharpness- maybe why tango should be left till later on! Evil or Very Mad
Ed and Katya- samba 6
Bless him I hid behind my hands at first but then I had to come out and I found myself smiling and laughing ! As someone else said, he's not comedy in the sense of Widdy or Sargent he just goes for it and does do dance moves. I am shocked at how much I like him! He can stay another week for me. An extra point for entertainment and enthusiasm
Louise and Kevin cha cha 7
Probably my lack of dance expertise but I didn't think it was as good as the judges made out. Think the final two dances should have been the other way round to have ended on a real high

I would have loved to have been in the audience last night. Great atmosphere. Sadly I get my weekly rejection  "further information regarding your application " ie you didn't get tickets email!  Crying or Very sad
one day....
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Okay been having major PC issues but here are my thoughts on last night. Great show and love the film nights. Now to the dances:-

Daisy's Quickstep - Sharp and caught the character very well. Worth an 8.

Anastasia's Waltz - It was okay but her shaping and balance at times weren't the best. 6.5 from me.

Danny's Paso - No hiding that it was a superb dance and worth a 9 but in watching him you have the thoughts in your head 'You've done this before' which takes the gloss off it.

Lesley's Quickstep - I thought the actress in her characterized the dance very well. Competent but a little rough around the edges at times but loved the routine and nostalgia of it. 7 from me.

Will's Salsa - Decent enough but I did see where L.en was coming from regards salsa content. 7 from me but Will is a contender.

Naga's Tango was perhaps the weakest dance of the night for me. She clearly has inhibitions and confidence issues hindering her. Would be nice to see her let herself go and embrace the occasion. 6 from me.

Robert's Charleston was a fun dance and lots of neat moves but rough around the edges. 7 from me.

Ore's American Smooth was my kind of dance. Loved his interpretation, the choreography, his effort, passion and his reaction. A 9 from me.

Laura's Salsa was okay but not a complete eye-opener. 7 from me.

Greg's American Smooth was another polished performance and Greg continues to surprise. 8 from me.

Claudia's Charleston was a dance that suited her down to a tee. A dance that allows her to display her gymnastics and she got the character spot on. 8.5 from me.

Tameka's Tango had good attack and facial expression but lacked in some areas but 7.5 from me. Moves well for a large lady and enthusiasm is infectious.

Ed's Salsa was better than I thought it would be. He gives it is all and guarantees to entertain but dance quality lacks. A 6.5 from me.

Louise's Cha Cha I really liked. Loved her outfit, her snappy moves and performance. An 8.5 from me.

A high standard but for me Naga is the weakest dancer and should exit. Shame as I had high hopes for her but she suffers similar inhibitions that Victoria Pendleton, Carol Kirkwood and Judy Murray had.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:41 pm

I think that might be the best night of Strictly EVER!

Daisy & Aljaz - Charm and elegance in abundance (if a teeny bit on the slow side for a Quickstep). Settled me in nicely. Tall + Ballroom = a divine combination.

Anastacia & Brendan - Was very moved by this. Yes it was hesitant in places but somehow that only endeared me to Anastacia more. And how beautiful was her hair? Bit mean to shove her in the death slot after last week!

Oti & Danny - Oti might be the most mesmeric being on the planet. Which is just as well cos for whatever reason I haven't really taken to Danny - as brilliant as he is! (d&p - we're out of step this year!)

Lesley & A.nton - I completely underestimated Lesley, she's so sprightly! I don't just love her, I'm IN love with her.

Will & Karen - L.en's right. BUT where's the consistency? He was happy to give Abbey's disco thing a 10 (no I won't let it go!). My solution is to scrap the Salsa altogether. It never resembles the real thing, instead morphing into a Sachamba mish mash (or in this case an enjoyable Bollywood dance with the odd bit of Salsa thrown in). I feel like these two haven't completely nailed it yet but their time will come.

Naga & Pasha - Trying to Tango to THIS is mission impossible. Just not the right signature - which I imagine only makes it harder for a non-dancer / non-performer like Naga who needs music with a clear Tango feel to help her. Moreover, I get weird vibes from these two. I don't know if it's because Naga seems quite cool but there's just something slightly off.

Rinder & Oksana - I think there might come a time where I tire of him, but it's not here yet, oodles of fun!

Ore & Joanne - Jo deserves praise for her choreography here, it was beautiful (apart from a bit where Ore looked like he was doing lewd things with the brolly which had me howling with laughter!). The reactions afterwards were cute.

Laura & Giovanni - The judges can rave about them all they like but I'm afraid these two have had ZERO impact on me. 9 for that stiff Salsa? Give over! Furthermore, I grow more agin to Giovanni each week. I look at him and think sleazy weasel. He's a sleazel!

Greg & Nat - Conversely, these two are making more and more impact on me. Strong, yet tender, I adored it. Let's face it though, performing to "Everything I Do" with Nat like you MEAN IT must be the easiest thing in the world. She's a goddess.

Claudia & AJ - (lol @ he looks like he belongs in Neighbours!). This was a cracker of a Charleston, Claudia finally came alive and used her athleticism to great effect. L.en FEWMIN at the end made me laugh my head off!

Tameka & Gorka - Gorka dressed as a cop = PRAYERS ANSWERED.

Ed & Katya - AMAZEBALLS!!! Oh god, I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched this. And he's not horrendous by any means - he has a sense of rhythym, is fairly light on his feet and has no inhibitions whatsoever. Katya reminding me of Kristina (with John)  & Iveta (with Mark) by producing inspired choreography that's still got plenty of required elements. I hope they're with us a little while yet.

Louise & Kevin - Perfect end to the night. Louise re-discovering her previous self and why not.

I threw Ed, Anastacia and Lesley a vote each. I predict a Naga vs Anastacia dance-off.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Sid wrote:I think that might be the best night of Strictly EVER!

Lesley & A.nton - I completely underestimated Lesley, she's so sprightly! I don't just love her, I'm IN love with her.

Will & Karen - L.en's right. BUT where's the consistency? He was happy to give Abbey's disco thing a 10 (no I won't let it go!). My solution is to scrap the Salsa altogether. It never resembles the real thing, instead morphing into a Sachamba mish mash (or in this case an enjoyable Bollywood dance with the odd bit of Salsa thrown in). I feel like these two haven't completely nailed it yet but their time will come.

Ore & Joanne - Jo deserves praise for her choreography here, it was beautiful (apart from a bit where Ore looked like he was doing lewd things with the brolly which had me howling with laughter!). The reactions afterwards were cute.

Tameka & Gorka - Gorka dressed as a cop = PRAYERS ANSWERED.

Ed & Katya - AMAZEBALLS!!! Oh god, I've lost count of how many times I've rewatched this. And he's not horrendous by any means - he has a sense of rhythym, is fairly light on his feet and has no inhibitions whatsoever. Katya reminding me of Kristina (with John)  & Iveta (with Mark) by producing inspired choreography that's still got plenty of required elements. I hope they're with us a little while yet.

Yes, I am really impressed with Lesley. She may not be technically clean, but she definitely has the stamina of someone half her age to do that QS!

Will's Bollywood Salsa is always going to be influenced by the theme, what does L.en expect? I like it when he was contradicted by B.runo with regards to the Salsa content. I saw enough recognisable Salsa content in it (not as much as 24 bars of it according to Will though).

Ore doing lewd things with the brolly? You mean when he seems to wack (or wank?) the brolly on the floor before he opens it? That's the classic Gene Kelly's SITR moves! lol!

Gorka reminds me of Tristan, but a much more engaging and creative choreographer than Tristan (nice guy though he be) will ever be.

I really love Ed's attitude. He was so 'conservative' in week one, like a rabbit in the headlight uncomfortable, and then he must have made a conscious effort to shed all inhibitions thereafter and came out with that Charleston and even more bonkers Samba (I thought the producers were particularly evil to let him do the most difficult latin dance so early in the series). It's like him (and Katya) doing a two-fingers up the chief choreographer Jason Gikilson' arse and say, I am going to ENJOY my dance no matter what! afro

I think this year's Strictly celeb cohort is a really magical mix, maybe too many ringers (two or three), but many naturally good diamonds in the rough and even the less-abled celebs have a good sense of musicality and rhythm!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Sid wrote:Oti & Danny - Oti might be the most mesmeric being on the planet.

cheers I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you  Shocked Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed cheers I love you I love you I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next