Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 32 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  B4p Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:32 am

mauveangel09 wrote: I think that she has found herself as a performer in recent weeks and I'm glad they have stopped relying on the acrobatics.
Have you seen the trailer for the 'Mickey' song Mauve? It's full of acrobatics! Razz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:47 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I think fundamentally all of us on here watch the show primarily for the dancing. That being said we also accept that it's entertainment and for that reason there will always be some affraid exits. It keeps us talking about the show and the ratings up. I know that Ed is rubbish but in fairness to him he he's tried to learn the dances and he is surprisingly nimble on his feet and is nearly always in time. I was fully prepared to dislike him as much as I did Widdy- but I find him endearing ( how can I say that about a politician?!) I really liked Daisy and Alijaz but I'm not too sad they've gone either.

Sax I agree the ones we like best are on their way to Düsseldorf which is partly why I don't like Danny but I haven't really seen any personality either to make me warm to him. Louise the same although the last to weeks I've warmed to her a bit. Creeping up on me  slowly since the beginning has been Claudia and I've been willing Greg to smash it too. I still haven't got a favourite.

All of which begs a question CD- for the dance purists is it time to resurrect Come Dancing -  perhaps upgraded but remaining true to the original-would there be sufficient viewers? I'd like to see it, for one. Anyone else?

Or a better idea do categories. The ringers category ie Danny, Jay (;-)) and such-like. The classic category of celebs without an ounce of dance experience starting from scratch. And the Can't Dance, Won't Dance category of Anne W., John S., Ed, Russell et al.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:11 pm

As I sit here blowing the cobwebs off my collection of Charles Barlow and Victor Silvester long-playing vynil records, for what it's worth, my reply re Allsewn's question on re-instituting Come Dancing, in the form of a mini-rant.: Wink

It won't ever happen for the very same reason our local Palais de Danse, scene of a million wonderful hours and multi-thousand romances to music since the nineteen forties, will shortly be nothing but hardcore and rubble. It isn't just a personal view, it's happening around me almost as I write and is a current topic in our local paper. Inevitably, much as my generation scream, howl and wear dicky-bows in Asda as we do slow-slow-quick-quick down the aisles of memory, deftly doing heel-spins and dodging pallets of Korean, Chinese, Indian and Texas nourishment as we battle with the tannoy's latest version of "That's what I call Music", we are on a loser.

Since I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Bubble Bath Company two-part TV series on the same last year, and despite the welcome publicity it brought, some of the locals have campaigned in vain to save the theatre of dreams that was so big a part of our younger lives. The reasons against it are numerous and have to be accepted; the main one being that although the building has been a variety of nightclubs and venues, the sad truth is that the place is actually falling apart and would cost a fortune to refurbish. Discussions are still taking place amongst the council, but reason number two is just as telling: there just aren't enough people interested in ballroom to make restoration and maintenance of a large edifice like the Palais viable any more. In short, there's no money in it. A hotel or a multi-storey car park looms.

Oh yes, there are dance schools in our area a-plenty and some ballroom, but modern dance, street dance, contemporary dance and hip-hop are what the younger generation want, not quicksteps and waltzes. I recall a conversation in the film Strictly Ballroom that claimed kids wanted foreign holidays not learning to foxtrot with their parents in some holiday camp by the seaside. How true. And there you have it; ratings for Come Dancing would never compete with celebrities getting their kit off and pickling their walnuts in the jungle or wannabe teeneage singers who talk of "my career" in the same way autobiographies of "My Life in rock and roll "get written by people under twenty five. (Is that Keith Richards, Ozzy Osbourne and Mick Jagger killing themselves laughing in the background?) Long may ballroom dance survive, but like cups of tea and soft drinks in the "interval" it's yesterday level and a small fish in the big pond of money-grabbing fat-cats in the world of T.V. and "entertainment"

Of Course, if "Harry" and current partner should discover his grandma's "Charlston to Manuel of the Mountains" collection or find a video of Grandad doing Zorba's handkerchief dance at Hammersmith Palais , or Simon Cowheel and co were to discover and promote it, the ninth wonder of the world may happen. I'm not holding my breath. Was there ever synchronised acrobatics or weightlifting to music when Come Dancing graced our screens? Well, maybe, but I just can't recall it.

Amen. Rant endeth... cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 32 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:18 pm

B4p wrote:
Have you seen the trailer for the 'Mickey' song Mauve? It's full of acrobatics! Razz

So I gather...............LOL I suppose it's permissible in this dance but hope it won't be used to 'mask' any dance shortcomings........................ lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:06 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Or a better idea do categories. The ringers category ie Danny, Jay (;-)) and such-like. The classic category of celebs without an ounce of dance experience starting from scratch. And the Can't Dance, Won't Dance category of Anne W., John S., Ed, Russell et al.

Sorry, simply can't agree with that.  Ed's dances have been full of dance content and, for the most part, he has mastered the steps and has shown himself to be both pretty nimble on his feet and a good entertainer.  Neither Anne W nor John S would have even attempted the quickstep routine he did a couple of weeks ago.  Yes, he is the least good dancer still in the competition but thoroughly deserves his place (imho).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:13 am

Have to agree with fifty! Ed may be the least capable celeb left but he does have timing and remembers basic steps and has improved. Russell/JS/Widdy just went for the comical theatrics no skill required
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm a little disappointed tonight. .... I felt a lot of over marking done to possibly get that bridge fit her between the others and Ed. C.raig it's boring now your 4..... it wasn't an 8 or 9 but I'd have given it a 6.5.

AJ and Claudia a frenzy to me to watch

Danny and Oti so overmarked imo with 40! Not for me an 8.5

Louise just a strut downstairs and lost in the extra dancers....

Greg I thought had glimpses of a good dance a 7.Natalie stop being whiny now about Greg being super

In fact most of the couples seem swamped with the extra dancers and it was hard to pick out all the couples routine. Loved theJudge's energy,....

I've seen better Blackpool felt let down scratch
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 pm

I feel a shock do possibly Claudia with Ore
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Delightful Blackpool night with every couple turning up the gas and performing out of their skins. Unfortunately the competition has reached the point where it all levels out and the inevitable has to happen. All things being equal the dance off should ( note should, not will) be Ed and either Greg or the Judge with Ed's adventure reaching its end. He's been great and I've seen many a no better-no worse dancers go further. It's just the law of the jungle. Pretty obvious who C raig was looking to send home and, if Ed goes in the d-o it's pretty certain that'll happen. Next week should see Greg and either Claudia or the Judge over the trapdoor, not from lack of effort or skill, but just because of ratio. Greg danced his socks off tonight. Claudia was as neat and tidy as ever in her dance and a treat to watch. Again, C raig was so inconsistent in his marking that he should pack it in. Sorry, I know some won't agree, but a 4 or Ed was so insulting for someone who did so well. He also gave Ore an 8 against three tens for reasons best known to himself and his overblown ego.

All that stuff apart, what a fantastic night of competitor dance. The Tower Ballroom is a big place for a couple to perform so the use of part-players from the pro ranks is understandable to fill up the floor a little. There is a danger always, for me, of over-use of such, but it went pretty well. Ore, Louise and Danny were pro-level entertainment and apart from wrong ( if dramatic ) music and those gold Kismet pyjamas of Kevin's, their paso was truly exceptional. A really entertaining night with a loser who won't deserve to go but is just a victim of the Strictly musical chairs comp. Such is the nature of competition. A great Blackpool night.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:30 pm

I think Mr D we watched 2 different shows! I didn't engage with Blackpool this year at all. Chaotic forme, erratic marking and certainly not a 40 dance there.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Apart from that terrific, terrific opening routine, I was a bit disappointed with Blackpool. I never think the extra dancers add to the routines and the producers do insist on adding them in case the floor looks empty. I think part of the problem is that Blackpool is hyped up so much that our expectations are far too high,.

Claudia and AJ
Jive
Not bad at all (that's Scots-speak for very good indeed). Lively and lots of fun. I enjoyed it thoroughly though I still think AJ makes her dance faster than would best show her off. They deserved high marks. I didn't spot the mistake.

Ore and Joanne
Viennese Waltz
Besides all the faffin' about at the beginning, he seemed to be a bit jerky and clumsy, not terribly smooth. I have no idea what the judges saw in it. I still reckon they're trying to push Ore at the expense of Danny.  Not for me.

Louise and Kevin
Paso Doble
Get the other dancers out of the bloody way and let us see what's going on! Hated the costumes, they didn't show her off at all, and those drapes at the beginning were a complete copy of Caroline Flack and Pasha's Showdance. Contrived choreography, very contrived, and therefore tedious. I was very disappointed because I'm becoming a fan of Louise. Didn't like it.

Danny and Oti
Charleston
Yes!!  cheers  cheers  cheers  
I thought it was a fantastic and hugely polished routine. Which I'm some people will dismiss as being too polished therefore not suitable for Strictly! I don't get that attitude at all. I thought Danny was really brave dancing on that table.  I don't think it was as big as the one they rehearsed on. They're at the stage now where I don't automatically watch Oti. I'm drawn to watching him just as much if not more. They're a true partnership - slick and completely in tune with each other. I'm with the judges.

Ed and Katya
Jive
Very energetic, but at last poor Ed turned back to Dad-dancing. Such a shame. Is it his day to go? I certainly won't be voting for him on this performance.

Greg and Natalie
Quickstep
The big floor of the Tower Ballroom suited these two tall people. A bit of messing around which wasn't really necessary because they were very good. Much improved for him I think.

Robert Rinder and Oksana
Salsa
Poor guy got a little lost at one point which was a great shame, but it was generally a very good routine that suited his style to a tee.

I thought there were almost too many 10s tonight, many of them undeserved (Ore).

Tess annoys a lot of you, I know, with her gushing. It doesn't usually bother me but tonight she drove me to distraction as well!

To return to Danny and the thing about ringers for a moment. The fact of having been at drama school etc is neither here nor there. It doesn't mean you're a better dancer. It doesn't mean you're a ringer. I've worked with plenty of actors who had two left feet. You're either talented or you're not. Jay McGuiness, Harry Judd and Alesha Dixon were all at stage school or had dancing classes. Alesha Dixon was “discovered” in a dance class for goodness sake. But they had a talent for dance. That, (plus their popularity with the public) was why they could win. Mark Ramprakash wasn't at stage school but was every bit as talented. It's why he won. The whole thing is such a red herring.

I voted twice for Danny and once for Claudia.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:48 am

Hi guys, just a quick overall review as I need my bed! Suffice to say I was disappointed tonight. Blackpool usually lifts the performances but I felt like the routines were swallowed up by the venue on this occasion (much like when Strictly did Wembley). I think the Latin n.umbers suffered especially - and there were more of them (which I felt was a mistake). There was far too much thrown at the dances, they were over-produced and the couples got lost in them.

The pro opener was an absolute treat though. I feel like we've waited YEARS for a pro dance like that!

Claudia - I both loved and hated the song (love it personally but it was too fast for this Jive). She went wrong, and it looked a bit stompy and it was way overmarked and set the tone for the night!

Ore - Again, the music was so fast, I just wanted everything to slooooow down a bit. He did well to keep up but it wasn't very smooth looking and never 10s.

Louise - limp.

Danny - I said as I was watching that he dances like a pro, but it's just too clinical looking for me. Can't deny him his 10s but was I moved by his performance and scores? Nah.

Ed - missing the magic this week and I feel it may be his last dance.

Greg - quite enjoyed this! But I do think he's plateaued.

Rinder - botched his lift and was never quite on it despite looking so promising in training.

I didn't bother voting!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:29 am

I've got to agree with a lot of your comments, I was definitely underwhelmed by Blackpool and didn't think the extras added anything.  Musicals week, way back when, was stunning; maybe they should have saved it for Blackpool.  Or have a group VW to fill the floor.

None of the dances set me on fire, to be honest.  Danny's was clearly the best and he is very easy on the eye but he still didn't make we want to spontaneously give a round of applause (my sign of a good dance). Ed was, yes, Dad-dancing and the Judge didn't build on his promise from last week.  I predict these two in the DO but no shame in that considering there are only seven to choose from.

Excellent opening routine, now that was worthy of applause.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:48 am

My unedited notes from when I was watching last night.

Loved the opening n.umber- fab-u-lous!

Claudia and AJ jive 8
Fast and furious it looked too fast to be crisp but she did well. Wonder if she is in danger of being forgotten

Ore and Joanne VW 9
wow those spins. I thought it was never going to end...but didn't do as much whirling around the floor as I expected? Missed opportunity to use the space of Blackpool?

Louise and Kevin Paso 10
Very dramatic I loved the theatricality of the dance whilst keeping the dynamics of the dance. Game of thrones? I don't watch it but daughter does-  I think  it's my first 10! She's growing on me but I can't bring myself to vote for her.

Danny and Ote Charleston 10
I thought the extra dancers really enhanced the dance. He looked like the professionals.  Nice not to have a goofy Charleston for a change, more like how it would be danced. And that's my 2nd 10! But I still can't warm to him

Ed and Katya Jive 7
He really put on a performance and tried the moves - if he goes home it's on a high. I won't be sorry if he goes out this week

Greg and Natalie quickstep 8
Loved the nods to Grease in the choreography. Stitched up by the music was difficult to do a quickstep to that. Shame about the leap.

Judge and Oksana salsa 8
He definitely shook his booty!! This was right up his street Smile left me a bit underwhelmed though

I was surprised that Judge ended the show, not really a showstopper.overall I wasn't as wowed as I have been in previous years, which is odd considering the standard of dancers.

I think DO could  be any  of Ed/Greg/Judge/ and maybe Claudia because she might get forgotten

Now going to read all your comments....
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 am

TANGOLERO wrote:As I sit here blowing the cobwebs off my collection of Charles Barlow and Victor Silvester long-playing vynil records, for what it's worth, my reply  re Allsewn's question on re-instituting Come Dancing,  in the form of a mini-rant.:  Wink

It won't ever happen...Long may ballroom dance survive, but like cups of tea and soft drinks in the "interval" it's yesterday level and a small fish in the big pond of money-grabbing fat-cats in the world of T.V. and "entertainment"

Amen. Rant endeth... cheers

Keep the faith Mr T... Everything comes around again- look at the current popularity of vintage tea shops and baking which came in no small part from the Bake Off. And the sewing bee etc which has resurrected needlework. It may not help save your beloved Palais but I think there is a place for Come Dancing even if it's only on BBC4.....and let's not forget the bake off started on BBC2!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:43 am

Morning all
Watched the show recorded last night - then too tired to post.

I enjoyed the show - I always enjoy Blackpool but I do agree with where Sax and many of you are coming from about being underwhelmed. I'm sure that in the past (I might be wrong though) they sometimes made the Blackpool shows a bit longer and had some additional performances - that might have livened it up a bit? Another pro number? or as Sid says - a group Viennese Waltz which you can never do in the studio - this would look as stunning as the opening n umber did last night, which I loved. Yes agree there was over use of the backing dancers. I remember when SCD first introduced the backing dancers they were careful to limit their use and they sort of faded into the background at a certain point so that we could just see the couple - but this obviously doesn't happen now, and again as Sid says, in some cases it left the feeling of dances being over produced.

I personally think that SCD now throws so much into the early part of the contest (and I do get that because they have to cement the viewing figures) that it leaves us with less and less to discover as the series goes on, now that we see dances that are almost showdances, Argentine Tangos and '10's from quite early - nothing is left to the imagination anymore and I think personally they need to look at giving us something exciting for the latter weeks and that certainly isn't those ridiculous jiveathons, cha chathons or anything else 'thons' - if that makes sense?

So to the performances:

Claudia and AJ - 8
Not my cup of tea. I acknowledge that it was packed full of content and was very athletic as expected, but I feel it was too 'busy' and she didn't capture the bounce and flavour of the dance and looked quite awkward and heavy in parts (which is what I thought from the training) This was one where the backing dancers really annoyed me. I agree completely with Sid, she was over marked and then this set the tone for the rest of the night.

Joanne and Ore - 8
Again, I didn't see what the judges saw in this one and I actually found it quite a peculiar routine in so far as I feel I need to see it again. I love the tune and I did think that as a dance routine they performed it well - I didn't mind the backing dancers in this one but there only seemed a small bit of VW in there - it seemed too fast and jerky and the track didn't suit VW. Found it a bit disjointed and as for that endless fleckrl (wrong spelling I know!)......................

Louise and Kevin - 9
Going against the tide I quite enjoyed this one - I enjoyed the Game of Thrones feel and I liked the choreography but I couldn't see the flamenco aspects that the judges mentioned. The backing dancers got in the way again for me. Not worth '10's.

Danny and Oti - 9.5/10
I was determined not to like this - particularly as I don't associate 'Putting on the Ritz' with Charleston - wrong era! To me it says American Smooth, Fred and Ginger, QS BUT............. I did really enjoy this and found all the Charleston steps in there and more. Mr Mauve and I both said that we found ourselves not looking at the backing dancers but completely at Danny and Oti. It was quite a sophisticated Charleston but for me a Charleston and a dance that I will remember from this series.

Ed and Katya - 6
My head is taking over my heart this week with these two. Definitely the weakest dance of the night but I have to say that probably one of the better 'mature persons' jives that I have seen on the show. CRH's '4' was ridiculous because despite the lack of bounce and energy I did like the side to side bits with the backing dancers where the steps were in perfect sync.

Greg and Nat - 8
I think their coverage of the floor was outstanding - this was a dance that was made for them at Blackpool and it looked very impressive in that regard. For me it lacked in finesse and technique but I agreed with the judges that he was better in the performance respect this week. I hope it is enough to keep him out of the DO but not sure.

Judge and Oksana - 8
Despite the muck ups I really enjoyed this and I thought he gave it a decent stab because his hips were superb - the judges have been asking all season for 'figure of 8' and here it was! I also liked the armography and the flow of the dance, I think latin suits him. I also agree with others on here who have said that this dance might have been better in the studio and got 'lost' a bit.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Read all the comments with interest as ever. Bit puzzled and one main question surfaces: How much is enough? We have a great dance show, terrific progress, some really top dances (from effectively novices who just get some of a week to learn it all) a great band, decent singers, top professional dancers and Blackpool Tower Ballroom..and yet most are claiming they were underwhelmed..?

Too many chocolate eclairs where one used to be a treat....I ask myself....lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:47 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Read all the comments with interest as ever. Bit puzzled and one main question surfaces: How much is enough? We have a great dance show, terrific progress, some really top dances (from effectively novices who just get some of a week to learn it all) a great band, decent singers, top professional dancers and Blackpool Tower Ballroom..and yet most are claiming they were underwhelmed..?

Too many chocolate eclairs where one used to be a treat....I ask myself....lol!  

Ah but this is the interesting thing Mr T. I feel the kitchen sink approach where you add more and more eventually takes more away. They never used to feel the need to fill the floor to such an extent and I think that worked better. It's fine for an opening group number when we're watching the overall spectacle but when the couples dance individually, it makes it hard to focus on them and it makes it hard for them to focus on each other with so many dancers to interact with. I think it's one of the reasons why I didn't love Ed & Katya as much this week. Their partnership is rather special and a key ingredient to their success, but it got lost with all the additional dancers and the piano stunt.

Btw I'd totally watch Come Dancing with you Smile I really want it to come back now I know what I'm looking at and looking for! Before, I just loved looking at the ladies' dresses!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Okay I have been away a couple of days and have just caught up with the Blackpool Bonanza (as I call it) on catch-up and here are my thoughts.

Claudia's Jive - I may be being a bit cruel here but I found the kicks sections all a bit too careful and pedaestrian. Great musicality though and gets a 7.5 from me. Over-marked for me.

Ore's Viennese Waltz - Not bad but not his best. Seemed to be not so expressive as he has been in the past. An 8 from me. Again over-marked.

Louise's Paso Doble - I felt she may struggle with the aggressive nature of the dance but felt she did really well. Great performance and she is swiftly moving into connection. A 9 from me.

Danny's Charleston - The music and setting really said it should be a classic dance. Charleston music it may not have been but it was a classic dance. Tiny error here and there just stops short of getting a 10 - 9.5 from me.

Ed's Jive - Well what can I say. I do admire his attitude greatly. Don't want to offend his fans so will just say weakest dance of the night. 6 from me.

Greg's Quickstep - Wasn't too bad but thought he was handed a duff musical number to perform to. The steps sections looked very good but got a bit more skippy towards the end. Not his best. A 7 from me.

Robert's Salsa - Captured the flavour of the dance (music helped) and worth an 8 from me. He and Greg are closely matched as far as talent goes.

Dance-off this week may be between Greg and Ed with Ed to exit.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:22 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

Sorry, simply can't agree with that.  Ed's dances have been full of dance content and, for the most part, he has mastered the steps and has shown himself to be both pretty nimble on his feet and a good entertainer.  Neither Anne W nor John S would have even attempted the quickstep routine he did a couple of weeks ago.  Yes, he is the least good dancer still in the competition but thoroughly deserves his place (imho).

The point is that in this class Ed is out of his depth. The strength of viewer voting has got him this far. If the judges had been left alone to judge Ed would have gone in the first two or three weeks. I admire his attitude and work ethic but as far as dance steps-wise in terms of quality he is not in the same class as maybe as much as 10 or a dozen of this year's entrants. That is my take on it.

I love Strictly but one of my biggest pet hates is better dancers voted off before clearly weaker dancers.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:44 pm

I have worked out what it is about Danny that I can't engage with (apart from the ringer thing). There is just that lack of expression to the dance. Ore (who has gone off the boil in recent weeks) is much more emotive (not just with the outwardly crying) but in how he expresses each dance.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Sid wrote:

Ah but this is the interesting thing Mr T. I feel the kitchen sink approach where you add more and more eventually takes more away. They never used to feel the need to fill the floor to such an extent and I think that worked better. It's fine for an opening group number when we're watching the overall spectacle but when the couples dance individually, it makes it hard to focus on them and it makes it hard for them to focus on each other with so many dancers to interact with. I think it's one of the reasons why I didn't love Ed & Katya as much this week. Their partnership is rather special and a key ingredient to their success, but it got lost with all the additional dancers and the piano stunt.

Btw I'd totally watch Come Dancing with you Smile I really want it to come back now I know what I'm looking at and looking for! Before, I just loved looking at the ladies' dresses!

I got some feedback this morning from some casual fans who said on the phone that they found it difficult to focus on the couples because of the backing dancers and they were also perturbed at Claudia's high scores.

Mr T - thumbs up for 'Come Dancing' - I did enjoy Blackpool last night but I feel that the series as a whole needs more wow and more to tantalise us with in the latter half starting with the Blackpool show being lengthened and having some additional performances - using that huge lovely floor! Then they need to have something like the Dance Fusion week and/or keep the Argentine Tangos to those last few weeks. The top couples need more challenge and not the chance to coast through the 'business end' of the contest - I personally would like to see a couple of 'get tough' weeks from the judges now - and no more '10's until the semis and final - that's what I call entertainment.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Yes reading around social media mauve, everyone saying the same things. The first word that springs to mind when I think of last night's show is BUSY.

CaledonianCraig wrote:I have worked out what it is about Danny that I can't engage with (apart from the ringer thing). There is just that lack of expression to the dance. Ore (who has gone off the boil in recent weeks) is much more emotive (not just with the outwardly crying) but in how he expresses each dance.

To borrow Sara Cox's Friday Panel expression, Danny's a bit of a "dancing bot". If you amalgamated him and Ore, you'd have a contestant I could really get behind. As things stand, I'd still probably vote for Ore over him though - just because his Jive and AS moved me more than anything Danny's done.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Sid wrote:Yes reading around social media mauve, everyone saying the same things. The first word that springs to mind when I think of last night's show is BUSY.

There were some very good dances (one classic) but can remember better Blackpools. The year Suzannah Reid's Paso had two or three classic dances if I remember correctly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Go on, admit it, you've become a bunch of C raigs. I bet you have four and nine pound notes in your wallets/handbags... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next