Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 37 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:46 am

It comes to something when two 10's are awarded for a dance that two judges spotted different errors in. What will the truly perfect dance get marked then? I despair.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Ore & Jo – I was hoping for magic but was left wanting. Didn’t help that I spent half the routine shouting at those bloody triffids to get out the way! Ore was doing a weird thing with his head and face – glancing around and looking up at the ceiling. He’s slightly mechanical in what he does, and sometimes looks a little  bit ‘clumsy’. But he’s a beginner; have to remember that, maybe my expectations are just too high. Wasn’t worth 36.

Rinder & Oksana
– Putting technique to one side, this was unbridled joy and I loved it. The next best thing to Ed. All my votes went to Rindy, not that I think it’ll do him any good.

Louise & Kevin – I’ve not been her biggest cheerleader but good on Louise for getting into the spirit of things. She wasn’t afraid to make a tit of herself (not that she did, but you know what I mean). The out-of-hold bits were quite lengthy tho – at one point I’d forgotten what dance they were doing and then they did something Quicksteppy again and all was fine.

Claudia & AJ – Of course the kids got face painting! Actually this was good - not perfect - but if Ore was a 9 then this was a 12. I’ve given up on a proper Salsa forever.

Danny & Oti – Nah, didn’t like it. The music wasn’t the most suitable - not because it was Disco – we’ve had a couple of brilliant Disco-Tango fusions in the past (namely Jason and Kimberly) but because it was so monotonous and frantic and this was reflected in Oti’s choreography. Tango definitely needs light and shade – it’s the slower parts that make the attacky bits impactful. This was just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. And Danny didn’t seem to grasp the technicalities of the dance as well as he usually does either – regardless of what music he was dancing to. The fact Darcey gave it a 10 despite the incorrect footwork shows she hasn't got a sodding clue what she's talking about.

I missed Ed loads - and I’d have swapped everything we saw tonight for his Shirley Bassey Rumba! But Ed’s absence was only part of the reasons I wasn’t that into the performances; I’d have liked just a nod to each musical instead of the fanfare we got. As I was watching all I kept thinking was how the show I fell in love with has almost changed beyond all recognition.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Twirlie wrote:I

Louise and Kevin
Quickstep

That said, I thought Louise did a great job. Not entirely enthusiastic about Kevin's choreography, but she made a good job of it and managed to be the centre of attention despite all the distractions.

Yes I meant to say this too - Louise didn't get lost among all the extras, my focus stayed on her, the backing dancers really were backing dancers.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:It comes to something when two 10's are awarded for a dance that two judges spotted different errors in. What will the truly perfect dance get marked then? I despair.

Is there really such an animal in our wonderfully perfect world of judgement C.C? What exactly is an error in dance? I'd regard it as dropping a partner, getting your feet tangled up or forgetting steps. Amateur dancers given one week (or part of one at best) to learn a complex routine with a professional lasting ninety seconds and getting docked marks about a heel lead or a thumb sticking up? That's what I despair about. Danny and Louise's dancer were as good as they come, Ore and Claudia only a shade behind. Seems you and I would be better not on the same judging panel amigo.. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:03 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Is there really such an animal in our wonderfully perfect world of judgement C.C? What exactly is an error in dance? I'd regard it as dropping a partner, getting your feet tangled up or forgetting steps. Amateur dancers given one week (or part of one at best) to learn a complex routine with a professional lasting ninety seconds and getting docked marks about a heel lead or a thumb sticking up? That's what I despair about. Danny and Louise's dancer were as good as they come, Ore and Claudia only a shade behind. Seems you and I would be better not on the same judging panel amigo.. Wink

You can be B.runo brandishing the tens I'll be the critical C.raig keeping tens for the right moment. ;-)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Sid wrote:Ore & Jo – I was hoping for magic but was left wanting. Didn’t help that I spent half the routine shouting at those bloody triffids to get out the way! Ore was doing a weird thing with his head and face – glancing around and looking up at the ceiling. He’s slightly mechanical in what he does, and sometimes looks a little  bit ‘clumsy’. But he’s a beginner; have to remember that, maybe my expectations are just too high. Wasn’t worth 36.

Rinder & Oksana
– Putting technique to one side, this was unbridled joy and I loved it. The next best thing to Ed. All my votes went to Rindy, not that I think it’ll do him any good.

Louise & Kevin – I’ve not been her biggest cheerleader but good on Louise for getting into the spirit of things. She wasn’t afraid to make a tit of herself (not that she did, but you know what I mean). The out-of-hold bits were quite lengthy tho – at one point I’d forgotten what dance they were doing and then they did something Quicksteppy again and all was fine.

Claudia & AJ – Of course the kids got face painting! Actually this was good - not perfect - but if Ore was a 9 then this was a 12. I’ve given up on a proper Salsa forever.

Danny & Oti – Nah, didn’t like it. The music wasn’t the most suitable - not because it was Disco – we’ve had a couple of brilliant Disco-Tango fusions in the past (namely Jason and Kimberly) but because it was so monotonous and frantic and this was reflected in Oti’s choreography. Tango definitely needs light and shade – it’s the slower parts that make the attacky bits impactful. This was just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. And Danny didn’t seem to grasp the technicalities of the dance as well as he usually does either – regardless of what music he was dancing to. The fact Darcey gave it a 10 despite the incorrect footwork shows she hasn't got a sodding clue what she's talking about.

I missed Ed loads - and I’d have swapped everything we saw tonight for his Shirley Bassey Rumba! But Ed’s absence was only part of the reasons I wasn’t that into the performances; I’d have liked just a nod to each musical instead of the fanfare we got. As I was watching all I kept thinking was how the show I fell in love with has almost changed beyond all recognition.

Judge Rinder got my votes too Sid. I know he's the least competent dancer but he has come the furthest and that counts for a lot.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a bit late to the party, interesting to read all your comments. For what they're worth here are my thoughts as I watched last night.

Ore and Joanne - foxtrot  9
I loved the production of this dance, it was quite slow and exposing. I don't know what I'm looking for in a foxtrot but it looked good to me. Loved Joanne's dress, lovely work Vicky Gill
Judge Rinder and Oksana- Samba 7
I think this might be his swan song. Not a great choice of music for a samba, he gave it his all but I don't think it's enough to save him
Louise and Kevin - quickstep 9
One of my favourite musicals, loved the choreography, but quote a lot out of hold- the quickstep bits were good

Claudia and AJ salsa 9
Wow that was great really loved it- thought he was going to drop her at the end!
Danny and Oti tango 9
Really disliked the music for a tango but I'm sure the judges will love it. Not for me. Did like the in line bit though.

It's a shame that with so rich a vein from which to choose, they chose some naff songs this week. But I did appreciate the production side of things and on the whole the backing dancers weren't too overpowering

LOVED LOVED LOVED the West Side Story routine - I would like to see a show with Janette and Alijaz, I think they're a terrific couple  I love you
Looking forward to the group dance tonight - I remember the cell block tango from Chicago was fab a few years ago.

Sorry Judge, I love the you have grown to love dance, but I think it is your time to go.can't see you being saved against anyone in a DO.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:13 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
LOVED LOVED LOVED the West Side Story routine - I would like to see a show with Janette and Alijaz, I think they're a terrific couple  I love you

Here you go Allsewn....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6wo2wpT2k
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 37 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Sid wrote:
Rinder & Oksana [/b]– Putting technique to one side, this was unbridled joy and I loved it. The next best thing to Ed. All my votes went to Rindy, not that I think it’ll do him any good.

Danny & Oti – The fact Darcey gave it a 10 despite the incorrect footwork shows she hasn't got a sodding clue what she's talking about.

As I was watching all I kept thinking was how the show I fell in love with has almost changed beyond all recognition.

Rinder & Oksana - I would have given him all my votes S id - had I been watching live.

Danny Oti and Darcey - Yes spot on - I thought my post from last night was a bit grumpy as I read it back but today I'm glad that other people feel the same way as me about the Tango.

and your last sentence S id - as always you have summed it up perfectly. Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:02 pm

The problem is that those running the show just don't get it. They think the way to improve or make the show seem all the better was to get better celebs in (ringers) and have more 10s just to brainwash people into thinking dances are now so much better. In other words all very manufactured and synthetic. Fans generally want to see celebs actually learning to dance from scratch to music that matches the dance with less props and less interference from presenters to the judges remarks and marking.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:58 pm

As was expected it is Judge Ringer who exits. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him dance and learning from scratch. Watching him put full commitment and enthusiasm into his dances. Cheers Judge - one of the big shining lights in this series.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:As was expected it is Judge Ringer who exits. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him dance and learning from scratch. Watching him put full commitment and enthusiasm into his dances. Cheers Judge - one of the big shining lights in this series.

Hear hear
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Well it happened..........the judge is out........what a shame. I enjoyed the second performance even more than the first but it seems the die was cast. I had mixed feelings tonight because I so wanted the Judge to be saved and I have to say that it wasn't the most brilliant Foxtrot from Ore and Joanne and I kind of wasn't surprised to see him in the DO - but I also wanted Ore to stay , probably by virtue of the fact that he is one of the celebs left who doesn't have previous experience and the two dances were so far apart in style that it was difficult to judge.

I'm sorry to say but I think both Ore and Danny both have deficiencies in the ballroom department that have been well hidden during the series by showmanship. In SCD some years are ballroom years, some years are latin years, this year has been a show dance year. If you take the genres in isolation I actually think that Daisy and Laura were two of the best ballroom dancers this year.

Really enjoyed the 'Chicago' n umber tonight and the lovely dance done by Nat and Alijaz to 'Don't Cry for Me Argentina' although I thought Elaine Paige sounded a bit Hilda Ogden - ish (sorry Elaine) I do like her, but the frock which I loved, was the best thing in the performance for me.

Well onwards and upwards to the two dance semi-final which I am genuinely really looking forward to Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Nobody did badly, all panned out pretty much in order as expected at the end. A few odd decisions during the series based on voting, Daisy. Naga, Greg etc going out before their times etc, but that's just a personal view. As has been remarked on, it's a different world today than most years previous in as much as change is ever the vehicle of choice now with entertainment and viewing figures replacing the old order of dance excellence being the priority. Such is life. I admire anyone who takes part and gives it their best regardless of where they finish because a little known classy dancer can easily lose out in the voting to somebody off Eastenders or Emmerdale. I have no preference as to the winners but expect Danny and Louisa to battle out the final. Tonight tends to indicate Claudia as spot three but every week since the series started somebody has to go. There are no names on the seats inside the congregation collesium except musical ones. Making errors is the real shark in the waters now and the only soloution is...don't.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Lost my mojo for the show now Robert has gone....... I've not warmed to Louise one bit sorry guys.. Danny for me too much of a dancer there to begin with.Ore I did enjoy early on but not sure if it's Joanne trying to hard but it's lost its sparkle their partnership.AJ and C.laudia slowly plodding through and maybe a darkhorse couple....

Fed up of erratic all over the place scores from the judges. Tess please please stop begging for a 10 ....C.laudia is funny in her own adhoc way silly props do not help....

Time for a shake up

2 sets of marks from judges

A dance expert judge in replacement for L.en

New double act presenters maybe E,rin and A.non

Better choices of music.

An end of scd ITT come on its OVERDUE
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Ah man...no Tameka, no Lesley, no Ed - and now, no Rinder. My fizzy drink's gone a bit flat.

B4p wrote: If I hear Tess or Claud say 'Isn't she sweet' one more time I'll throw up. She's short on inches, not years!

lol!

CaledonianCraig wrote:The problem is that those running the show just don't get it. They think the way to improve or make the show seem all the better was to get better celebs in (ringers) and have more 10s just to brainwash people into thinking dances are now so much better. In other words all very manufactured and synthetic. Fans generally want to see celebs actually learning to dance from scratch to music that matches the dance with less props and less interference from presenters to the judges remarks and marking.

Thing is though CC, viewing figures are higher than ever and that's all the powers that be are ultimately interested in. Not that I disagree with a single word you've said.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 pm

Who to support for the glitterball now? That is the question.

All those that I've actively supported are now out of the contest so I'm going to be watching the semi-final very carefully Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:08 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Who to support for the glitterball now?  That is the question.

All those that I've actively supported are now out of the contest so I'm going to be watching the semi-final very carefully Very Happy

+ 1 mauve.

As sax says, Ore and Jo have lost the sparkle they had in earlier weeks, Louise is nice but a little on the bland side and Danny started at such a high standard that there's been no scope for progress or providing the unexpected. Which leaves Claudia who've I've not really gelled with but at least it'd be one of the non-stage-school ones and she kinda deserves it for all the dire music and themes she's had to put up with!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 am

Well who I want to win (from the remainder) and who I think will win differs greatly.

I want the winner to be one that came in greenest and done most of the short trip to Dusseldorf with more hurdles to overcome so my perfect finishing order would be:-

1st Ore - No dance training in his background and professes his live of dancing. Has had to come through dance offs to get to this stage. Sadly, he has list his mono somewhat of late but the potential is there.

2nd Claudia - She comes from a gymnastic background so has had advantages in expression and completing intricate jumps and lifts. However, she has had problems mentally letting herself go and dancing as a partner. I would say it's been tough for her mentally as, according to a report she says her father banned her from having bf until she was 25 as he felt it would hinder her gymnastic career and so she has never had a bf in her life. Must be tough to get close to AJ and dance expressively I'd guess with those restraints put on your personal life.

3rd Louise - Came in with dance training at youth and in pop career. She has had other issues which she has overcome in being able to really let herself go throwing off some early inhibitions.

4th Danny - Despite what some here argue many sources point to dance/stage school then stage musicals which had already moulded him into a high level dancer pre-Strictly. Harsh? No I don't think so. Just look at his Week 1 dance and you'd swear it was semi-final level. His win would leave me coldest. Sorry hunk...err Danny fans.

Actual result prediction:-

1st Danny
2nd Louise
3rd Claudia
4th Ore
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:24 am

So we have ended up with two old hands and two novices in the semifinal. Probably much as expected.

My preferred result this weekend is for both Ore and Claudia to make the final which means both Louise and Danny in the DO. Stranger things have happened folks, both Pixie Lott and Austin Healey were shoe ins for the final but neither made it. Here's hoping.......
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

Oh Austin Sad another travesty..... maybe if Joanne stopped trying so hard with weird and wonderful choreography and Bloomin props and go back to basics,basics,simple clean lines then that mojo might come back....
Imagine Louise v Danny dance off I do think the judges heads might explode with that dilemma! affraid affraid
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:48 pm

For all the complaining through the various weeks of the judge's high marking of inadequate performances, and of celebs not dancing the various dances properly or accurately, I'm delighted to see at the end of the series, that there are people who would like to see poor/mediocre dancers win with poor/mediocre dancing rather than the good dancers win with good dances. It warms the cockles of my heart. When it comes to choosing celebs for the next series, I think the BBC should approach us to vet them for "ringers". They're only allowed to choose celebs who can't dance and never will. Shades of Christopher Parker. Oh, what the hell, lets cancel the show for next year and all go and do something else!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

When Strictly started it was touted as a dance show about celebrities on a j.ourney to learn to dance over several weeks learning various types of dance. In recent years and this (Danny and Louise) you get those who have done their share of learning to dance prior to entering. So what j.our new have they been on in this series? Precious little. Watch Danny's week one dance and watch this week or the final's dance and you wouldn't early be able to spot the difference.

As I have said before we, as viewers, all watch for our own reasons and want certain celebs to win for their own reasons and it can change over the weeks as we get to know them. I always root for those that have actually learnt from as close to scratch as possible on the show and that isn't Danny or Louise. Louise has had to learn in some way to throw off some inhibitions.

As for next year I am sure nothing will change. The ringers will be there, the court jesters will be there and the genuinely green will be there to pad the show out but will ultimately lose out.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm reaching for the mouthwash at the very idea of speaking the words, but I just have to entertain the idea that, just like re-makes of classic films that work once then go stale when the money moguls try to expound a successful formula into a "live forever" shebang, the current format for Strictly has had its day. It's lost it way just like the golden age of popular music to the age of technology. Dancing with the wannabees and all the other off-shoots are no longer concerned with the core content of good dance and have sacrificed it in favour of the money-spinning world of "entertainment". Quality T.V has given way to anything that gets the ratings up. Just like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Bonfire Night, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent Day and all the other "Days" that can get hands in pockets and too much turkey, we've grown indulgent and lazy in our acceptance of any dross served up on five thousand Freeview Channels in the name of the said "Entertainment" because of an "eyes greedier than bellies world"..

In short, can it and start again......

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:16 pm

sax - going back to your earlier post, apparently the French version give each dance two scores. I think it's a great idea and would help eliminate ties as well.

Twirlie wrote:For all the complaining through the various weeks of the judge's high marking of inadequate performances, and of celebs not dancing the various dances properly or accurately, I'm delighted to see at the end of the series, that there are people who would like to see poor/mediocre dancers win with poor/mediocre dancing rather than the good dancers win with good dances. It warms the cockles of my heart. When it comes to choosing celebs for the next series, I think the BBC should approach us to vet them for "ringers". They're only allowed to choose celebs who can't dance and never will. Shades of Christopher Parker. Oh, what the hell, lets cancel the show for next year and all go and do something else!

But what was different about this series was the non-dancers could actually dance! There were no Christopher Parkers; Tameka, Lesley, Rindy, Ed, Laura, Daisy, Ore - none of them bad at all.

Sure, have a Louise or a Danny. But having both (and further, having the final reduced from 4 to 3 couples) means there's not much room at the end for the novice improvers which people like to see too.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next