Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Dance This Week 2016

+6
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
cellar-door
Sid
Poppetlovestango
B4p
10 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: Which Dance this Week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:26 pm

B4p wrote:
A lovely clip Tango.

I like The Deadwood Stage but it seems more of a Polka to me with potential to get very skippy. No doubt Kev will be dressed as Buffalo Bill and yehawing with all his might. Better get the spittoon ready!

I think Ore's got a good tune, but I can't imagine a Tango to that 'Dreamgirls' song.

I thought exactly the same about the tempo B4P - it's similar to the QS done by Daisy and Alijaz in Film Week - I suppose they give them more latitude on the theme weeks but you're right, it could get skippy as a result.

Not that enthused with the tracks as a whole - seems a bit like 'B musicals' with a few exceptions. I'm actually very fond of Rinder's track - a great hustle track that I would see as a salsa but it does have the samba bounce beat in there - but poor man - having the rumba and then the samba is a bum do for a male celeb at this point in the contest Crying or Very sad

I'm not at all keen on the track for Danny and Oti this week - very fast for a Tango - these two really like their fast rhythms. He's had a run of latin/out of hold dances and the only dodgy dance he's done so far was the foxtrot on Hallowe'en - so let's see what he does with this one although he manages to crack most dances and will probably do so again I have a feeling this won't be a '40' week for them. I wonder if he'll dodge the waltz?

I wasn't sure what to think when I heard that Ore was to be Willy Wonka but the track is lovely - perfect for a foxtrot and the genius will be that he is in a tail coat too! Looking forward to this one.

Fifty - I know what you mean about things perhaps not being as clear cut as we think with the exit this coming week - whilst it seems predictable on the surface this series has had a bit of an air of unpredictability about it and in a year that has seen Trump, Brexit , Leicester City and Ed Balls we might get an SCD upset yet........................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: Which Dance This Week 2016

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 am

Wonder if anybody will be doing this..?? Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWSY-NeG3M
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Looks like that could be the next Pro challenge Tango?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 pm

You want a classic Samba, try this.... Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q7Z_cJGdnI
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:07 pm

I found Kev's training VT for last week!

https://youtu.be/QbzJtP75NqM
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: which dance this week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Wonder if anybody will be doing this..??  Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWSY-NeG3M

Absolute class!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty The Semi Finals

Post  B4p Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Week 12 - 2 Dance Week

Claudia and AJ 

Rumba to ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis
https://youtu.be/7_weSk0BonM

Quickstep to ‘When You’re Smiling’ by Andy Williams
https://youtu.be/wmqioJrp-mA

Danny and Oti 

Salsa to the track ‘Vivir Mi Vida’ by Marc Anthony
https://youtu.be/YXnjy5YlDwk

American Smooth to ‘Misty Blue’ by Dorothy Moore
https://youtu.be/7hQZbLR5e9Q

Louise and Kevin 

Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé
https://youtu.be/LvqAii3wLYs

Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five
https://youtu.be/EipdAjhImrc

Ore and Joanne

Quickstep to ‘Are You Gonna Be My Girl?’ by Jet
https://youtu.be/tuK6n2Lkza0

Argentine Tango to ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ by Kylie Minogue
https://youtu.be/c18441Eh_WE
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Not sure about the Kylie number Shocked . I do like the Leona Lewis number bleeding love and of course Andy Williams a classic song.
Two tangos this week and two oh so different songs to dance too. Strange as I write I'm reliving Austin's opening for his paso sunny spine chilling for me.... I guess that's missing this year I haven't had that spine tingle moment yet
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: Which Dance this week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:17 pm

hmmm - I actually think they are quite evenly matched in terms of a good tracks/bad tracks.

Claudia and AJ - one good one (Andy Williams) and one awful one (one of the worst of the night) sorry if I am offending the Leona Lewis fans- and a rumba to boot....... could be at risk

Danny and Oti - lucked out on the Salsa track and I'm sure on past form he will excel at this one. Misty Blue - interesting, quite slow for an AS and he doesn't do slow very well but a good contrast and kudos if he can do both dances well. He seems to be the luckiest one in terms of getting dances that will probably suit him for the semi final.  Has obviously dodged the waltz as predicted - and is sticking to dances that are showy rather than technical, but I can't blame him for that.

Louise and Kevin - Thought they were the ones who had lucked out on the music but then I thought about it and they have two very technical dances to pull off - hope Louise can rise to both of them - I think it will be challenging for her.  Kevin has his usual 60s track that he loves to use for ballroom - as for Brazil they are so lucky to get the eponymous dance school samba track - I will love hearing it.

Ore and Joanne - I love love the QS track -  not sure about Kylie for an AT but Jo seemed to indicate on ITT tonight that the arrangement would be ok for an AT.  I found myself re-engaging with this couple on ITT tonight and I'm starting to hope that they get through the weekend and get to the final.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Hmm Claudia with the Rumba could be the killer for her. One noticeable thing is the lack of real connection between Claudia and AJ and you definitely need that connection for the Rumba - 'The Dance of Love'. It has been in the press that Claudia was banned from having a bf from a young age until she is 25 by her father so she could focus completely on her gymnastic career and she has never had a bf. A big handicap for this dance especially as she is not an actress so can 'put on' emotions.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Sorry. Had a stutter moment. Sent same message twice.

Last edited by B4p on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Hmm Claudia with the Rumba could be the killer for her. One noticeable thing is the lack of real connection between Claudia and AJ and you definitely need that connection for the Rumba - 'The Dance of Love'. It has been in the press that Claudia was banned from having a bf from a young age until she is 25 by her father so she could focus completely on her gymnastic career and she has never had a bf. A big handicap for this dance especially as she is not an actress so can 'put on' emotions.
Does he realise she's over 18, an adult, and able to decide for herself if she has a boyfriend or not? If the story is true, her dad should give her more credit. I would imagine she's focussed enough on the next Olympics (where she'll still be about 23) to avoid temptation without him being heavy handed.

My thoughts too mauve & CC.
Claudia - Rumba/Leona Lewis - mmmmmm. Out of those two, I think Ore's got better music. If she can land that QS without AJ adding lifts and doing his usual 'speed it up - wear it out' (hang on - that's sounds like another of my favourite disco songs) she's in with a chance. I think she's got the neater feet. I don't see a connection between those two in any shape or form. The way she sometimes looks at him, I keep imagining a speech bubble over her head with 'plonker' written in it.

Danny - 2 good tracks. A hipster Salsa, and the AS will suit him as it gives him a bit more flexibility out of hold. It'll be interesting to see what the percentage of in and out of hold the routine has. Hopefully this AS will be what it says on the tin, and not aggressive and spiky as some of his ballroom have been. Isn't Oti's partner a Salsa champion?

Louise should be safe with those tracks. I remember running up the garden with my brother and the kids next door after 'Ready Steady Go' (the forunner of TOTP's) to sing this at the tops of our voices to all the neighbours. We were told to pipe down, as dad didn't think it was quite right to be singing 'and I'm feeling (dumdum) Glad all over'. He thought the lyrics were a bit dodgy!

Ore - 2 very popular songs. Will his nerves hold? Two difficult dances, full of intricasies.

Last edited by B4p on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé
https://youtu.be/LvqAii3wLYs

Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five
https://youtu.be/EipdAjhImrc

In absolute classic case of "Sublime to ridiculous" . Dave Clark Five??? fxx. I can see in mind the micro mini-skirted coffee-bar set, the wannabee Twiggies, twitching about, feet glued to one spot and Cilla Black hairstyles immaculately glued into place whilst the Beatle jacket clad boyfriends, Woodbines clamped between lips, were flicking flourescent dandruff everywhere whilst "dancing" like somebody had plugged a kelly doll into a mains socket. Do leave off producers. The very essence of Buenos Aires passion as portrayed by the mop-tops of Carnaby Street. Yeah....right... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Danny - 2 flashy n.umbers, final spot booked.

Louise - I imagine Kev loves his Tango track as much as I hate it Very Happy The Samba music is perfect; will see if Louise can loosen up and throw her inhibitions to the wind.

Ore - I'm dubious about the AT track but the QS is a winner, think it could be the best dance they do since the Jive.

Claudia - I'm with you mauve, not keen on the Leona Lewis song for a Rumba; envisaging something too fast and overwrought instead of sinuous and tender.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Sid wrote:

Claudia - I'm with you mauve, not keen on the Leona Lewis song for a Rumba; envisaging something too fast and overwrought instead of sinuous and tender.

Crying out for Girl from Ipenema.....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Girl from Ipenema...

Sunetra and B.rendan danced to that didn't they, and went out on it! I'd love to see someone Rumba to that who can do justice to it.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 am

I actually think Claudia will cope quite well with the rumba. Downside is that she is of short stature and appears to have very little emotional connection with AJ. However, she has both poise and strength in her limbs and (as she showed us last week) fluidity of movement. I rather think (hope) she might be able to pull it off.

Still desparately hoping for Ore + Claudia + A N Other in the final.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty The Final

Post  B4p Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:20 pm

king  jocolor  queen  santa

Ore and Joanne’s Favourite Dance will be a Jive to “Runaway Baby” by Silver tongued Italian Stallion Mars
Ore and Joanne will be performing a Showdance to “I Got Rhythm” by George and Ira Gershwin

Danny and Oti’s Favourite Dance will be a Samba to “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes
Danny and Oti will be performing a Showdance to “Set Fire To The Rain” by Adele

Louise and Kevin’s Favourite Dance will be an Argentine Tango to “Tanguera” by Sexteto Mayor
Louise and Kevin will be performing a Showdance to “One Moment in Time” by Whitney Houston

Waiting to hear the 'Judges Favourite' 3rd dance
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:19 pm

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:41 am

B4p wrote:king  jocolor  queen  santa

Ore and Joanne’s Favourite Dance will be a Jive to “Runaway Baby” by Silver tongued Italian Stallion Mars
Ore and Joanne will be performing a Showdance to “I Got Rhythm” by George and Ira Gershwin

Danny and Oti’s Favourite Dance will be a Samba to “Magalenha” by Sergio Mendes
Danny and Oti will be performing a Showdance to “Set Fire To The Rain” by Adele

Louise and Kevin’s Favourite Dance will be an Argentine Tango to “Tanguera” by Sexteto Mayor
Louise and Kevin will be performing a Showdance to “One Moment in Time” by Whitney Houston

Waiting to hear the 'Judges Favourite' 3rd dance

I think Ore's Showdance music is more promising than the other two....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:24 pm

I presume we'll only see 2 of the show-dances ie the two that get through on the night? If that's the format they're using this year, the one I would ditch is Louise  Sleep
- the other two I'd like to see. Now that's going to leave me with a voting dilemma- wish we could vote out rather than in- oh no we did - in June!!!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: Which Dance This Week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I presume we'll only see 2 of the show-dances ie the two that get through on the night? If that's the format they're using this year, the one I would ditch is Louise

I'm wondering whether they are going to use the usual format this time with only three couples in the final. Last night on ITT they seemed to be making a lot of what favourite dance the couples would be doing without mentioning that usually we only get to see these dances if the couples survive the elimination in the middle of the show Question
It seems a bit tight to only let two couples do the last round (although I know there have been plenty of times in the past when there have only been two couples at the final furlong). I haven't yet caught up on ITT from tonight, so maybe it has been clarified.

As for the music choices - Ore and Joanne definitely have the best combination I think. I can't wait to see 'I got Rhythm' - perfect for the final (shades of Tom Chambers).
I didn't like Oti and Danny's Showdance music at all, but I expect it will be full of lifts and tricks. I think that Kevin and Louise are brave to do the Argentine Tango in the final but this was one of their best dances for me. The other one that stuck in my mind was their American Smooth but I think the reason they possibly aren't doing this is because I expect Kevin will be doing his usual 'American Smooth plus' for the show dance to the sickly Whitney track.

Really intrigued to know the judges choice..................... Laughing Can't wait for Saturday.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:04 am

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed any showdance since Tom Chambers'. I am always filled with anticipation and then get hugely disappointed. So this year I'm assuming they'll all be rubbish (although I am grabbed by Ore's music because it does remind me of the Tom Chambers vibe).

Didn't Kevin do a charleston based show dance with his partner last year (can't remember her name!)?

And, in answer to a comment above, I thought they all did their show dance before any elimination and so the only dance one of them doesn't get to do again is the judge's choice.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:27 pm

fiftynotout wrote:
And, in answer to a comment above, I thought they all did their show dance before any elimination and so the only dance one of them doesn't get to do again is the judge's choice.

Oh yes that rings a bell now you say it... I think it was in response to the fact that it seems unfair to learn a showdance but never get to perform it ?
I think Ore might steal the show with his...definitely reminiscent of Tom Chambers. I'm wondering whether Louse might be the first eliminated , or does she have the support of the GBP? scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 7 Empty Re: Which Dance this week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:19 pm

It's their own favourite dance that they don't get to do if they get eliminated - or has been the last few years.

The all do the judges choice and the Showdance and the couples favourite dance is in the second half of the show - so there's been some good ones that we haven't seen - I'm hoping that they've dropped this for the 3 couple final this year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next