Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Dance This Week 2016

+6
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
cellar-door
Sid
Poppetlovestango
B4p
10 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 4 Empty Re: Which Dance This Week 2016

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Sid wrote:Great music for Greg though, I always associate it with the ending of The First Wives' Club  Laughing
I think that's when I first heard it, watching that film. Loved Bette Midler's character
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 pm

According to his tweet, Greg's got the dreaded flu bug. It's knocked me down for the best part of 4 weeks and I'm not having to train. Hope he gets by and recovers soon Crying or Very sad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:11 pm

B4p wrote:According to his tweet, Greg's got the dreaded flu bug. It's knocked me down for the best part of 4 weeks and I'm not having to train. Hope he gets by and recovers soon Crying or Very sad

Oh dear! Natalie may be sick soon, if she's not already ill...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Best of to Nat and Greg.....

meanwhile, on dances, I've been hoping and praying that someday we'll get The Sand Dance a la Wilson Kepple and Betty..Ah well, maybe someday.... Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2fqjsijaMM
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Bleurgh. VW looks vomit-inducing when you're well let alone sick. Poor Greg, Ballroom at long last, this is supposed to be his week to shine and gather some momentum.

Part of me really wants L.en to tell Danny his Jive's better than Jay's too, just to tip Aliona over of the edge Twisted Evil

TANGOLERO wrote:

meanwhile, on dances, I've been hoping and praying that someday we'll get The Sand Dance a la Wilson Kepple and Betty..Ah well, maybe someday.... Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2fqjsijaMM

Haha it wouldn't be Strictly withour your annual Sand Dance post Mr T Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm

I was a bit worried looking at Gio's supersonic Samba routine on ITT. I hope it's not going to be a high speed car crash
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:57 pm

B4p wrote:I was a bit worried looking at Gio's supersonic Samba routine on ITT. I hope it's not going to be a high speed car crash

Judging by the tempo of the song they are dancing to, it would like watching Claudia and AJ's Samba with the speed increased 50%...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Can't they slip the band a fiver and get them to slow it down a bit? Cool
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 pm

B4p wrote:Can't they slip the band a fiver and get them to slow it down a bit? Cool

Yeah, good idea. lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Going by training videos in ITT I think Greg will be fine this week. He looks to be in good shape for his Waltz and like others before him seems far more comfortable in ballroom dances than latin.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:40 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Going by training videos in ITT I think Greg will be fine this week. He looks to be in good shape for his Waltz and like others before him seems far more comfortable in ballroom dances than latin.

Only if he makes sure there is no gapping and his head placement is not protruding from his shoulders but to the side instead...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:37 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Only if he makes sure there is no gapping and his head placement is not protruding from his shoulders but to the side instead...

have to say, Greg definitely corrected his awkward head position in the main show and there was little to no gapping. kudos!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:16 am

Thought for the day......outside of learned weekly routines, how many of the competitors can actually dance a basic waltz, quickstep or foxtrot, never mind a tango or cha-cha? One reason for asking this is because I notice the same thing every week amongst the leaving dancers.They take the floor and don't seem to know what to do. Their pro partner gives them a couple of underarm twirls then, in the case of the ladies, picks them up and carries them around for a few bars before the rest arrive with commiserations etc.
The men are no less bafled looking and it has me wondering just how many could get their partners up in a ballroom and just dance basics? Darren Gough was full of good intention of carrying on dancing, but that soon seemed to fade away, and the few that take to the road in touring shows etc, are just back into learning set routines. Just wondering.......
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 4 Empty Week 8 Songs, Tunes & Dances

Post  B4p Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Judge Rinder and Oksana - Foxtrot to 'You Make Me Feel So Young' by Harry Connick Jr
https://youtu.be/tO_9vbw8w7w  (Sinatra - I couldn’t find the Harry Connick Jnr one)

Louise and Kevin - American Smooth to 'Hey Big Spender' by Shirley Bassey
https://youtu.be/fjRwo1ld_-U

Claudia and AJ - Viennese Waltz to 'Breakaway' by Kelly Clarkson
https://youtu.be/c-3vPxKdj6o

Ed and Katya - Salsa to 'Gangnam Style' by Psy
https://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0

Daisy and Aljaz - Salsa to 'Groove Is In The Heart' by Deee-Lite
https://youtu.be/etviGf1uWlg

Danny and Oti - Argentine Tango to 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine' by Marvin Gaye
https://youtu.be/0FHLjGk52To

Greg and Natalie - Paso Doble to 'Tamacun' by Rodrigo y Gabriela
https://youtu.be/vyOSXRCJlIg

Ore and Joanne - Rumba to 'Ordinary People' by John Legend
https://youtu.be/-1l0NYQUGHU
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 pm

I like Rodrigo y Gabriela (in fact I've got this album). I'm not sure about that track for a Paso. I think on the same album there is a track called Satori which has a more Spanish march flavour to it.

Glad to see The Judge has some decent Foxtrot music.

Can't beat a bit of Bassey The Chassie

I can't hear any rhythm in the John Legend track yet alone anything Rumba. Is it me?

At least Ed has the public vote but I don't think Daisy's music will help her. Don't like either of their Salsa tunes.

Claudia should be safe with her VW music.

Lot's of sounds of panic on social media about Danny's music. How will the poor man cope with Motown for his A. Tango. Well at least I guess he won't be dressed up in Lederhosen or have moth wings. Not my first thought for an AT but I love Marvin Gaye, and this is probably one of his most iconic songs. Oti is a very good choreographer and no doubt she will come up with yet another stunning routine. The band will do the song justice I'm sure.

Based on the songs, I see Ed & Daisy in the DO with Daisy maybe going but Ore could totally foul up with not only a Rumba but one without any obvious rhythm sign posts
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 4 Empty Re: Which Dance this week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:57 pm

An Argentine Tango to Motown??? You have got to be kidding me affraid Whatever they come up with it won't presume - it can't do to that beat in any way shape or form - reminds me of that 'Zorba the Greek' AT Tango a few years back........shudder.

Even more bizarre is an American Smooth to 'Hey Big Spender'!! Because actually I could find an Argentine Tango in this one - and an American Smooth to Marvin Gaye - need to swap them round!!! Do you think someone mixed things up in the planning.Laughing

Having said all that, there is a sprinkling of good toons in there - solid Sinatra for the Judge, hopefully this will help him to excel in the Foxtrot. I very much like the Rodrigo one but I do know what you mean B4P - whilst I love the authentic flamenco guitar it doesn't have the strong paso doble rhythm. I really adore 'Groovers in the House' - always have done - I never thought I would hear this on SCD - but I actually think it would make for a much better samba than salsa and I'm not sure latin is a strength for Daisy - as for the music for Joanne and Ore's Rumba - very contemporary and I agree not very rumba - better hope they pull off something special and/or recover their vote share.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Well all our talk of stitch ups for certain people is out the window this week! Judge has a good one, so does Greg and even Claudia I think Ed is practically guaranteed Blackpool it's bound to be a crowd pleaser. Daisy has dipped out though, I think she might be a DO cert. I agree about Danny that is a cr*p song for a paso.
Actually B4 I think the John Legend track is perfect for a rumba it has a very lyrical slow rhythm- if Ore can do it justice it could be beautiful, if not he could join Daisy.
It's going to be very interesting!
Apart from Daisy and Danny, I'm looking forward to all the tunes! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:24 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:solid Sinatra for the Judge, hopefully this will help him to excel in the Foxtrot. I very much like the Rodrigo one but I do know what you mean B4P - whilst I love the authentic flamenco guitar it doesn't have the strong paso doble rhythm.    I really adore 'Groovers in the House' - always have done - I never thought I would hear this on SCD - but I actually think it would make for a much better samba than salsa and I'm not sure latin is a strength for Daisy -  as for the music for Joanne and Ore's Rumba - very contemporary and I agree not very rumba - better hope they pull off something special and/or recover their vote share.
I thought that Rodrigo track sounded a bit more like a Salsa rhythm to me but then - what do I know? I bow to Jason's greater plan Cool
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Judge Rinder and Oksana - Foxtrot to 'You Make Me Feel So Young' by Harry Connick Jr.. Fine.....
Louise and Kevin - American Smooth to 'Hey Big Spender' by Shirley Bassey....Dear dear......
Danny and Oti - Argentine Tango to 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine' by Marvin Gaye Shocked
Love the song, but A.T??????

Greg and Natalie - Paso Doble to 'Tamacun' by Rodrigo y Gabriela... Also have the Roderigo/Gabriela CD....??? Paso....

I give up.......
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:42 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Danny and Oti - Argentine Tango to 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine' by Marvin Gaye    Shocked
Love the song, but A.T??????
I know what you mean Tango.I'm trying to have an open mind. I'm guessing it'll be quite dark and arty (that's me being generous). I thinking back to when Ramps did his AT with Karen to Goldeneye, it could have a similar smokey feel
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 am

Gawd Digital Spy are convinced there's some great conspiracy against Danny (in order to benefit the Cliftons!). I mean "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" doesn't automatically conjure up an Argentine Tango to my mind but it's not "Zorba The Greek" levels of atrociousness and I'm sure Danny being such a good dancer and Oti being Oti, they'll come up with something that works. He's had pretty decent music all the way through so far (unlike poor Claudia!). JR getting two classic Ballroom He is. And we obey him. in a row, but he's earned them after the Flintstones.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:23 am

Sid wrote:JR getting two classic Ballroom He is. And we obey him. in a row, but he's earned them after the Flintstones.
Not to mention the costumes he's had to endure. At least he stands a chance of getting to Blackpool despite all the silliness behind the scenes.The music will certainly be a factor this week. Danny's fans are bound to be out in droves making sure he's safe, leaving some of the others vulnerable.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:33 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote: Actually B4 I think the John Legend track is perfect for a rumba it has a very lyrical slow rhythm- if Ore can do it justice it could be beautiful, if not he could join Daisy.
You may be right allsewn about the John Legend track it's not one I know. Wonder how Jo is going to manage a dance without putting a lift in though!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week 2016  - Page 4 Empty Re:Which Dance this Week 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:00 pm

B4p wrote:
I know what you mean Tango.I'm trying to have an open mind. I'm guessing it'll be quite dark and arty (that's me being generous). I thinking back to when Ramps did his AT with Karen to Goldeneye, it could have a similar smokey feel

But it is just too bouncy and fast - very difficult to achieve the sharp yet languid lines of the AT which I think he would be good at - I will however be very interested to see what they come up with - I'm sure it will be something to see but hopefully for the right reasons. As Sid says, I certainly think it will be 'hand bags at dawn' in terms of viewers votes this week and someone deserving of being in Blackpool - which lets face it all of them do really but for different reasons - will be disappointed - don't think we've had a year like this for awhile??

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:08 pm

Danny has landed a cracking piece of music for Blackpool. He will dance the Charleston to 'Putting on the Ritz'. Could be a classic dance that.

Claudia will dance the Jive to 'Hi Mickey'.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next