Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2017

+8
TANGOLERO
B4p
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
Sid
mauveangel09
12 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2017 - Page 7 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2017

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

B4p wrote:Interesting to compare Janette's gracious behaviour in front of the judges, and on ITT, with Bren dans outrage by proxy in similar situations
I commented on Saturday night how gracious she was up with Claude. She's remained dignified throughout unlike some others, not looking at anyone in particular. Rolling Eyes
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm

B4p wrote:Interesting to compare Janette's gracious behaviour in front of the judges, and on ITT, with Bren dans outrage by proxy in similar situations
Actually I didn't think Janette was particularly gracious on ITT. I thought she was pretty disgusted with the judges and showed it.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Sid wrote:Bless you diamonds and I always feel exactly the same about YOU! "Uglified" is such a good and apt word!

Yeah I wasn't sure what to make of that difference of opinion either B4. But even Ian wasn't very positive about their Rumba when he was critiquing it midweek. Davood didn't seem to be doing the moves (if they were included) properly - all weird bent legs and body positions - so maybe it looked like he wasn't actually doing them. And YASB seemed to focus on the performance aspect instead of teaching the steps and technique behind them effectively. All very confusing. Interesting that Joanne came to YASB's defence in the Radio Times saying she's come from the world of competitive dancing and needs a chance to settle in and adapt to Strictly. I'm still Agin, YASB seems too style over substance to me.

I did enjoy tonight's Friday Panel altho it needn't really have been a panel at all - Tom on his own would have sufficed Very Happy

Apparently Gorka smells nice all the time but no one's bothered to invent Smellovision yet so that I can confirm *unimpressed face*

I enjoyed Pasha's trip down memory lane tho it confirmed to me that he and Chelsee would have made much better winners. One of the most endearing partnerships Strictly's seen.

Haven;t seen Friday's ITT but based on your post....

Gorka: Oh! Oh..... Swooooooon! Get that development intern on the case of Smellovision pronto... What's kept you?!!!

Pash and Chelsee: Endearing - that's exactly the word :-) A lovely one at that..... Who won that year instead? It wasn't Flackers was it - a ringer I never ever took to (not at all co-incidentally because she seemed to refuse to wear nice frocks and opted for sparkly fringed bin-liners instead)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm

actually I didn't think Janette was particularly gracious on ITT

Interesting  Twirlie how we see things differently... I thought she got her point across without being rude but I must admit the cynical part of me thought " someone wants to keep their place for next year "
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:22 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Interesting  Twirlie how we see things differently... I thought she got her point across without being rude but I must admit the cynical part of me thought " someone wants to keep their place for next year "
The Twitterati & DS are talking of Janette maybe retiring next year to start a family. One also suggested Karen might follow her. Meanwhile I'm guessing the Pro challenge this year will be, 'how many mince pies can Karen cram in her mouth whilst she keeps talking?'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:There was a very brief clip of Carole and P asha dancing - it was just before the clip of him dancing with Naga.   I thought it was a good segment.   I agree with you S id -  I loved Chelsee and P asha and I would have preferred either Jason and K ristina or  C and P to have won over the eventual winners that year - who 'just weren't my cup of tea'!!
I was watching P asha and Kimberley and remembered what a very high standard it was that year -   that was the year they did one of my all time favourite SCD weeks - 'The Fusion Show' which was never repeated Sad

I do like P asha and he has had a run of bad luck with his partners  (particularly this year!!!)but I do think he fares less well with the less able celebs and hasn't managed to steer any of his less able partners beyond the first few weeks.

Good show last night - enjoyed the Friday panel -  the comedian was hilarious, spoke some truth and as someone has said, deserved a show to himself.    I too like Martin McCutcheon - very natural and down to earth in a non forced way.

As for YASB - I think her style of choreography might have gone down better a few years ago when the show seemed to move more towards performance over technicalities  - however, now that there is a welcome move back the other way I think her style doesn't necessarily suit the UK show.   I think they might fare better with the AS as it is a more freestyle dance.   It is all very well Joanne defending YASB's  background but brilliant dancers do not always make the best teachers!!  (I know I'm always saying this!).   I can't help thinking how much better Davood might have been with Queen Nathalie....................Shocked

lastly - and probably not the right thread for this, but is anyone not enjoying the Sunday pro dances so much this year???   These have always been highlights for me but I don't enjoy the addition of the extra dancers as it seems to make the floor much too crowded and the routines too 'busy' - they are morphing much more into stage pieces and I don't think the studio is big enough to get the right impact??   Thoughts?  

I think I mentioned elsewhere how much the fusion week pleased me as being something new, but still on the money as being appropriate Strictly. It was actually exciting I would LOVE to see it back again. Infinitely better than stupid, ugly old Halloween *pouts and flounces and stamps a tiny, sparkly-shoed foot*

And I htink I also mentioned this somewhere a couple of weeks ago, that no, like you Mauve, the pro dances are no longer doing it for me.  I hadn;t analysed why, but I think you have very valid points and observations.  And also, as I said, I would prefer to see one, pure dance showcased wwiht either the group (smaller group) or just a couple - rather than the mash up.  WHich may fly in the faceof what I said about fusion - but fusion is good for one week - maybe even two - but not fo rthe whole series.  It would be so nice to see a professional Foxrot or a professional Cha cha cha.

I was looking at some older series' clips of the jive (for costume research...) and i notices that the competing couples came on to the dance floor, got into their starting postion and as soon as the music started began dancing the dance they were given, wihtout the 20 seconds or whatever it is, of faffing abaht that they are now allowed.  A minute and a half of oure dance, rather than 1 minute and then half a minute of filler. ....  I know which I prefer.

Arrgggghhhhh!  I have lost all ability to type and I have lost the will to correct the trillion typos I've made.  Will you forgive me? Embarassed

Edit: Just read about dances not needing a story always - quite! Most dancing is done because your body can;t help but move to the music. Ballroom dancing came about so you could get up close and personal with soemone without causing a scandal. No need for method acting to convery the power of the dance. It's primal....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Pro Jive, Billy Idol, Rebel Yell, 2009, IS WHERE IT'S AT.

I revisit it at least once a series and weep at what was and what could be still.

Anyhow, onto Janette and Aston. It's all very well them being affronted by C.raig's 4 (which I agree was a touch harsh) but my theory is if he'd scored them higher, it wouldn't necessarily have kept them safe because they'd have crept into the middle of the table which is arguably an even more precarious place to be. At least this way, viewers saw Aston was in trouble - truth is, they still weren't motivated enough to vote for him.

Must admit, I felt even better about voting for Ruth and A.nton after their ITT appearance tonight. There's just such an ease and understanding between them and they're naturally entertaining (Susan & Kevin, by contrast, can try a bit too hard sometimes).

B4p wrote: Meanwhile I'm guessing the Pro challenge this year will be, 'how many mince pies can Karen cram in her mouth whilst she keeps talking?'

lol!

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Gorka:  Oh! Oh.....  Swooooooon!  Get that development intern on the case of Smellovision pronto... What's kept you?!!!

Pash and Chelsee:  Endearing - that's exactly the word :-)  A lovely one at that.....  Who won that year instead?  It wasn't Flackers was it - a ringer I never ever took to (not  at all co-incidentally because she seemed to refuse to wear nice frocks and opted for sparkly fringed bin-liners instead)

(I might have had a quick sniff of my telly just to make sure not that I've lost my mind over Gorka or anything Embarassed )

Yes Flackers won with Pasha. I mean I wasn't agin her but she didn't *sparkle* like Chelsee did. And yes she wore mostly horrible outfits (and she totally escaped the ringer backlash because Pixie took all the hits instead which I felt was a bit unfair).

Last edited by Sid on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

I must admit the cynical part of me thought " someone wants to keep their place for next year "

Exactly!!! Very Happy Very Happy
I think she was also tired and weary and possibly thinking that this was the year that she had struck oil and it wasn't meant to be.......................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:58 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
Exactly!!! Very Happy Very Happy
I think she was also tired and weary and possibly thinking that this was the year that she had struck oil and it wasn't meant to be.......................

I expect no one's more aware of and frustrated by Janette's record on Strictly than Janette. No finals - and she stood a chance of reaching them with Peter, Jake and Aston. It must prey on her mind.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am

Sid wrote:Pro Jive, Billy Idol, Rebel Yell, 2009, IS WHERE IT'S AT.

I revisit it at least once a series and weep at what was and what could be still.

Just went and had a look at it. Fantastic! Real no-frills dancing! And I know it's just a bit of flash - but I did love Brendan and Karen's entrance. Brendan's a bit like John Lewis isn't he... Never Knowingly Undersold! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 am

Sid wrote:

Yes Flackers won with Pasha. I mean I wasn't agin her but she didn't *sparkle* like Chelsee did. And yes she wore mostly horrible outfits (and she totally escaped the ringer backlash because Pixie took all the hits instead which I felt was a bit unfair).

I htink it was because she was with Trent (Pixie I mean...). They looked sinister together, like a couple of Midwich Cuckoos. Also, Flackers broke up wiht ehr boyfriend very early in the series and I think got a lot of sympathy and thus votes. I remember the judges raving over her rumba and wondering what they had seen... I found her very 'meh'.

Re the pro Jive: - just looked at it.... Well, yes!!! THAT'S what we're talking about...

1. It was properly introduced - not just appearing unexplained as soon as the opening credits finish
2. There was a much (much) smaller group of pros
3 They were all dancing the same dance to the same tune at the same time
4 the different couples got to showcase themselves for a couple of bars so we could appreciate them all properly, not just catch them as they whizz past the camera

But who was the long-haired blonde??
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:39 am

Twirlie wrote:

Just went and had a look at it. Fantastic! Real no-frills dancing! And I know it's just a bit of flash - but I did love Brendan and Karen's entrance. Brendan's a bit like John Lewis isn't he... Never Knowingly Undersold! Very Happy

lol! lol! That's made my morning!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:12 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:
But who was the long-haired blonde??
Wasn't it Natalie? I think she was the only blonde in the show that year.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am

Twirlie wrote:
Wasn't it Natalie? I think she was the only blonde in the show that year.

Gosh, was she there as far back as 2007 (I know Sid said it 2009, but the clip I watched definitely said 2007).  Maybe it was Camilla???

Edit: Just looked at the 2007 pro line-up on an old Beeb page and put a vest on you strumpet was there too.  Looked wrong shade of blonde for put a vest on you strumpet, so going for Camilla (who had Gethin that year)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah it'll be Camilla. Twas definitely before our Nat came along.

Twirlie wrote:

Bahahaahahaha!!!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Sid wrote:Yeah it'll be Camilla. Twas definitely before our Nat came along.

I see where the confusion lies. There are two postings of the 2007 Jive ( in green costumes). One gives the date of the dance, 11th November 2007, the other is merely published in 2009 and doesn't give the date of the dance. Therein lies my confusion as to who the pros actually are.  There is a pro Jive in 2009 but it's in red costumes. Sorry - my bad.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I see where the confusion lies. There are two postings of the 2007 Jive ( in green costumes). One gives the date of the dance, 11th November 2007, the other is merely published in 2009 and doesn't give the date of the dance. Therein lies my confusion as to who the pros actually are.  There is a pro Jive in 2009 but it's in red costumes. Sorry - my bad.

Masterful detective work Twirlie! You're wasted on us...

Need to check out the red jive now. ... (my new life with wifi knows no end of adventure and joy... The green jive this morning sent me directly to Marian Keyes straight after it. What could be more fabulous? Facebook not so much - a bit like Krisina's description of Aston in fact - same old same old...) Keeo the recommendations coming!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Yass!!
Thank you Jason for the paso masterclass cheers cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Absolutely Allsewn!  Just what we need - beautifully done by all involved.

But who IS Jason?  He has just appeared but wiht no explanation of where they found him and what his background is....

He's good though, so not complaining!

Loving Molly and AJ more and more.  She always looks so stylish and lovely.  AJ is growing and growing on me and I forsee a moment (it might be next year mind) when he pops up in my Afor team.  Who'd have thunk?!

Which is why I think YASB might come off the Agin team next year.  I think she will be like Nat was for me, and Gio was for some of you others, in that they don't really get Strictly to begin wiht and rub my fur up the wrong way.  But once they get it their talents and skills as teachers adn chorepgrpahers come to the fore.

Not saying will, mind. Just accepting that there is a poosibility....

EDIT: Bah! typos..... Will book myself in to typing school tomorrow...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Haha I'm rethinking all my Afors and Agins too, diamonds.

And yes, the Paso masterclass was a treat Alls. They can't give Chloe a partner soon enough afaic (and I just know diamonds you'll have been experiencing major dress envy!)

Twirlie wrote:

Hehe, not at all Twirlie - I dunno why I put 2009 when I knew it was earlier (but now glad I did because your sleuthing has pointed us in the direction of another fabulous Jive).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Loved Jason's masterclass too. More of that please. Very Happy
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm

I'm confused to the sudden popularity of "Agin" ... Had to Google it lol to confirm a genuine term... It's everywhere currently.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:25 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I'm confused to the sudden popularity of "Agin" ... Had to Google it lol to confirm a genuine term... It's everywhere currently.

I'm addicted to using it sax! First heard it uttered by the one and only Marian Keyes. One of the Marianettes has also come up with an alternative name for 'ringers' - Aheds!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Sid wrote:

I'm addicted to using it sax! First heard it uttered by the one and only Marian Keyes. One of the Marianettes has also come up with an alternative name for 'ringers' - Aheds!

Wot Sid sed Sax...! I only discovered it this year (on a Marian Keyes Vlog). LOVING the Aheds...!

And yes SId - total dress envy!

Actually I have more dress envy on ITT these days than on the show itself...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Sid wrote:

'Agin' It's an Irish thing. My Irish relatives used to say it many moons ago.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next