Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

+6
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
jingle
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
10 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 am

I've had "Flight of the Bumble Bee" on my mind since reading the comments! Strange dream 9f a mass group dance to said theme with C,raig in the centre as a Giant Bluebottle affraid .... Not sure what I ate for dinner but it certainly made for an interesting dream or three!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  Sid Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Didn't stop em with Tugboat Annie, John Sargent and Russell Grant Sid, although Team Cola had the last laugh. Wink

Indeed Mr T! Although as alls alluded to, Ed Balls was slightly different to the other comedy acts in that although his execution wasn't brilliant, he had decent musicality and rhythm and did plenty of steps. I felt he was in a category all of his own.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:It's all more about 3/4 and 4/4 time tunes than what era they're from.

Absolutely. But I also think that you need the right mood as well. I couldn't even tell what timing Castle on the Hill was (maybe the wunnerful wunnerful orchestra had played around with it to try and make it fit but didn't quite pull it off?) and I hadn't a clue which dance they were doing as I wasn't in the room for the training VT and the intro. Even if that tune had the right timing, it just hasn't got the right mood. Ditto WOMAN - it's a defiant, sassy song, not at all suited to the lovely sophisication of a Foxtrot, even if it was in the right time (Oh pur-leeease! Someone stop me now - I'm in danger of banging on again about Chizzygate and that really needs to be put to rest now...! affraid )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Sid wrote:

Indeed Mr T! Although as alls alluded to, Ed Balls was slightly different to the other comedy acts in that although his execution wasn't brilliant, he had decent musicality and rhythm and did plenty of steps. I felt he was in a category all of his own.

I didn't like Ed - I think because of Gangnam Style to be honest - but I concede that he tried very hard to improve and to do actual content with steps and technique and everything, rather than like the others cited who were just the comedy turn wiht little or no improvement anywhere (depsite Kristina's best efforts to be fair...) I am so hoping that the Rev isn;t going to take on that role. Or Brian either. I am the opposite of Allsewn - I can take the Rev Rich (for now - but not if he goes down the John Sargent route) but I can't take Brian at all. Especially after Sat... STOP ME NOW!!! (Do all roads lead to Chizzygate? Or is it just me - as the wunnerful wunnerful Miranda Hart is wont to say....)

Marian Keyes allows herself 3 'Agins' (people she has taken agin/against). They can change at any given time, ie she can be won over, or be turned against them. I am going to play that game too, though I think I may have more than 3 at the moment just because I am still Mrs Grumpy Unforgiving...

Anyway, for what it's worth my Agins are:

Brian - gurning, thumbs up all the time, annoying...

Amy - partner of the above so bound ot have one by association but also because of crimes against hair colour - it's too damn black and dead and harsh for her skin tones and youth

YASB - (in case any of you are catching up it stands for 'yet Another Slinky Blonde' who is partner to Davood. It could also stand for Sleazy after the weekend's QS...) Thinks all dances are about lust and sex and .. well, sleaze... Nasty.

Think Amy could win me over if she tries and also dyes her hair a more flattering shade, but think Rev is in the danger zone along with Katya for crimes against dance wiht Gangnam Style and for that dreadful unTango choreography on Sat night. I'm letting her off as the tune was distincly unhelpful.

I guess I should have my 3 'Afors' - but that may have to wait...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Absolutely. But I also think that you need the right mood as well.

Most definitely D&P, but that's what the big-band era had because the world danced and music was written to suit both mood and rythmn (hence the well-worn "strict tempo" religion. It was a world of dance and romance..What sort of mood and timing does spinning on your head wearing a baseball cap need by the way? Is it Foxtrot or Vienese Waltz time? Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:35 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Most definitely D&P, but that's what the big-band era had because the world danced and music was written to suit both mood and rythmn (hence the well-worn "strict tempo" religion. It was a world of dance and romance..What sort of mood and timing does spinning on your head wearing a baseball cap need by the way? Is it Foxtrot or Vienese Waltz time? Wink

It's a Janette Salsa! (baseball cap optional)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Haha I love playing Mar's Agin/Afor game too. I had Curtain Wiper down as a dead cert Agin pre-series but I'm grudgingly enjoying his choreography and dynamic with Debbie. So he's off the hook. Brian is irritating but not quite Agin-worthy irritating. YASB is on a warning and Aston has Agin potential if he can't excite me and knocks out a non-ringer I like more. I'm just glad James Jordan's not on it anymore cos I'd usually use all 3 Agins on him (and literally BUY other people's Agins from them to chuck at him).

My Afor atm is Gorka, naturally. Debbie and Jonnie are frontrunners for my other 2 and Joe is in with a shot too.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm

I'll give Jonni an Afor if he gets threre by improved dance and equality, he well might. Another Afor is Simon because he got a rubbish music paso thrown at him first week and then forgot his lines last week. Neither really a mortal sin at this stage so....Gemma is so far in the Afor list as long as she doesn't become YASB and start romance nonesense in the media. She has Alijaz on her side. A nton will go in time because it's written in the stars, so for me, he's an Afor. A fine dancer, sadly coming towards the end of his career as a compatitor. .

Agins? Well, it all depends, although the clutching hand rev is on the radar. Charlotte is an Afor at the moment, but that's as long as Brendan keps it buttoned with the judges, he's a dancer not an orator and could change them to an Agin. Brian's harmless and will doubtless soon disappear. As for the rest, I have no favourites right now, and am on the side of the angels where pure ringers are concerned.

Amen.. Cool

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm

B4p wrote:A bit of fun. 66 Classic dances put to the song Aston & Janette's doing

https://youtu.be/oAG7ECgXjcs

That is so funny - I had just come here to post exactly this! lol!

Thought it might give Janette a few tips on some great choreography to go with it..... Wink

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Sid wrote:Haha I love playing Mar's Agin/Afor game too. I had Curtain Wiper down as a dead cert Agin pre-series but I'm grudgingly enjoying his choreography and dynamic with Debbie. So he's off the hook. Brian is irritating but not quite Agin-worthy irritating. YASB is on a warning and Aston has Agin potential if he can't excite me and knocks out a non-ringer I like more. I'm just glad James Jordan's not on it anymore cos I'd usually use all 3 Agins on him (and literally BUY other people's Agins from them to chuck at him).

My Afor atm is Gorka, naturally. Debbie and Jonnie are frontrunners for my other 2 and Joe is in with a shot too.

So glad you're playing too! (And again, I seem to be a bit behind everyone else on such things!)

In the way that you are slightly defrosting towards Gio, I am finding myself not so agin Little Lord Fauntleroy as I thought I would be. He's actually quite nice with Molly - I totally disagree wiht whatever judge said in Week 1 (week ONE!!) that they need to work on their partnership. From what I see on ITT they are very well suited and LLF comes across a little bit more mature than he did with C.laudia (mind you - he has had another birthday since then...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
So glad you're playing too!  (And again, I seem to be a bit behind everyone else on such things!)

In the way that you are slightly defrosting towards Gio, I am finding myself not so agin Little Lord Fauntleroy as I thought I would be.  He's actually quite nice with Molly - I totally disagree wiht whatever judge said in Week 1 (week ONE!!) that they need to work on their partnership.  From what I see on ITT they are very well suited and LLF comes across a little bit more mature than he did with C.laudia (mind you - he has had another birthday since then...)

Same. And Mollie's great, makes me laugh.

Can I just say though, Mr T using "Afor" and "YASB" has made my WEEK lol!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Sid wrote:

Same. And Mollie's great, makes me laugh.

Can I just say though, Mr T using "Afor" and "YASB" has made my WEEK lol!

Me too! I was over the moon bounce bounce cheers
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 2 Empty Re: Strictly 2017 Which Dance and Music Choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Strange dream 9f a mass group dance to said theme with C,raig in the centre as a Giant Bluebottle affraid .... Not sure what I ate for dinner but it certainly made for an interesting dream or three!

Excellent lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Early impressions have been made on me by Simon Rimmer. Seems genuine, has never danced and seems keen to learn. I feel myself being pulled into his corner. On the other side of things it seems that Debbie has entered the Ringer Stakes as it has come out that she trained for some time to be a professional ballet dancer before linking up with Paul Daniels.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 pm

study Week 4 Music & Dance Choices study

Simon and Karen - Samba to Copacabana by Barry Manilow
https://youtu.be/WX5Rcv-rwr4

Debbie and Giovanni - Cha Cha to The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s in His Kiss) by Cher
https://youtu.be/qWfkWp3TPPQ

Joe and Katya - Cha Cha to You Keep Me Hanging On by Human Nature
https://youtu.be/nSlZoD1tGhI

Mollie and AJ - Salsa to Súbeme La Radio by Enrique Iglesias
https://youtu.be/9sg-A-eS6Ig

Brian and Amy - Paso Doble to I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness
https://youtu.be/tKjZuykKY1I

Gemma and Aljaz - Paso Doble to Viva La Vida by Coldplay
https://youtu.be/dvgZkm1xWPE

Alexandra and Gorka - Jive to Proud Mary by Tina Turner
https://youtu.be/GqLrdax72qQ

Charlotte and Brendan - Jive to Marry You by Br uno Mars
https://youtu.be/Ykgxgmd0moM

Ruth and An ton - Tango to Allegretto by Bond
https://youtu.be/I-qmcQ0CnEo

Davood and Nadiya - Viennese Waltz to Say You Love Me by Jessie Ware
https://youtu.be/DAMM8JVbr8g

Susan and Kevin - Quickstep to Bring Me Sunshine by The Jive Aces
https://youtu.be/oXvJ8UquYoo

Aston and Janette - Quickstep to Mr Blue Sky by ELO
https://youtu.be/aQUlA8Hcv4s

Jonnie and Oti - American Smooth to Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake
https://youtu.be/DksSPZTZES0

Last edited by B4p on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm

"Allegretto" by Bond, is a superb choice B4p. I love the group and have three of their C.D.s. Quite happy with the only record Barry Manilow ever made that didn't make me want to eat glass, "Copacabana". Proud Mary should be fine because Tina T is always fine. The rest I'll reserve judgement on ....I can stand to listen to both Daddy and Son Iglesias, some of their music is great, just can't bear watching them squirming about like they just invented women and rhythm. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 2 Empty Re:SCD 17 Which Dance and Music Choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 pm

You've summed it up perfectly Mr T..................

I like quite a few of the music choices this week - as usual though, rubbish music for the pasos  (I had forgotten about the Darkness!  Used to quite like them at the time Laughing) - I do fear for Brian with this one.    I also fear for Simon with a samba to do this week and C harlotte with a jive - particularly up against Alex and Gorka doing the same dance.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Some more appropriate tunes this week although I think Brian looks like he's been stitched up like a kipper. Are they trying to turn the male celebs doing Paso s into the weekly comdey act? It's hard enough doing a Paso, and to lead, yet alone trying to do it to that silly concoction.

At least Simon's got a tune with a decent Samba rhythm. Let's hope he can take things up a notch.

I fear this will be Charlotte's last week. There's no way her cha-cha will shine out against Alexandra's (unless it's for the wrong reasons). Most of the women are in hold, so unless Mollie mashes up her Salsa, Charlotte looks potentially the weakest. I don't think spat's will gain her any rebound sympathy 3 weeks in a row.

Davood has no excuse for wiggly his assets this week, so hopefully if he concentrates on 'clean & simple' he'll be reasonably safe.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Agree with what Tango, mauveangel and B4 said, ie much better except for the paso tunes. Coldplay should never be played on a dance floor - it is a crime against humanity. And a paso...? (I could almost see a tango working to this. But not paso .)

Who'da thought - a latino beat song shoice for a salsa? How very novel....

Just one little thing I noticed - on ITT Jonny and Oti's Cry Me a River seemed to be Michael Bubble's version rather than Just in Time for the Lake's version... Quite different songs....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:43 pm

At the risk of being boring, I still believe that Paso and Tango should be latter end dances and not for beginners. A: They both need atmosphere and acting skilis to make them believable, B:They both need dance skills that won't be attained in a couple of weeks, and C: They both need (and have) traditional music that isn't supposed to be as wrong as trying to force toothpaste back into the tube. But saying it will change naught I know.....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:58 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:At the risk of being boring, I still believe that Paso and Tango should be latter end dances and not for beginners. A: They both need atmosphere and acting skilis to make them believable, B:They both need dance skills that won't be attained in a couple of weeks, and C: They both need (and have) traditional music that isn't supposed to be as wrong as trying to force toothpaste back into the tube. But saying it will change naught I know.....

A: You are right

B: You are correct

C: You are absolutely right on the money...

I think we need to call in RNID because it is so very clear that the folks at Strictly Towers have severe hearing difficulties and may need a little bit of assistance... We mustn't blame them for something beyond their control Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Who'da thought - a latino beat song shoice for a salsa?  How very novel........
lol!

I too agree (as always, every year) about the paso music and also where it should be placed in the contest. I also think that American Smooths and Sambas are better later on - big dances that use a range of skills and go well at Blackpool for example, whereas they can just come across as 'stitch ups' when seen early on - particularly for the male celebs. Talking of which - my fears about Simon and Brian for this week - along with C harlotte, were reinforced when I watched ITT tonight. Ian Waite got it spot on when he said that Mrs Clifton should be working on Simon's feet and the basic steps which he couldn't see that Simon was doing - Mrs Clifton is never strong on basics I feel. I think it will be an important week for both Debbie and Aston as they are both tackling dance styles that are different from what they have been doing so far - I hope Janette takes note of the '10 second rule' - I don't think it was observed in their week one Fox Trot. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:17 am

diamondsandpearls wrote: Just one little thing I noticed - on ITT Jonny and Oti's Cry Me a River seemed to be Michael Bubble's version rather than Just in Time for the Lake's version...  Quite different songs....
I noticed that too diamonds. I'm not sure if its a trendy office junior that gets to pick the tunes, (along with the corporate lunches) and they are going for artists that the yoof may have heard of. No doubt the band will put their own spin on it anyway, as they try to sort out some sort of dance rhythm, after Dave's meeting with the cider infused moronic brain who won the weekly sweepstake for choosing the tunes Mad I wonder what Dave Arch makes of the music choices confused
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 am

Week 4: Strictly in decent music shocker

As always, ta for putting those up B4.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 am

Sid wrote:Week 4: Strictly in decent music shocker

As always, ta for putting those up B4.
cheers Welcome Sid
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next