Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

+6
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
jingle
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
10 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 11 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Actually I think I know why we may instinctively hate that song Sax.  I never liked the sound of it (unlike you Tango) so I never listened to the lyrics.  But now I have...

????? I've never even heard it D & P..???
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 11 Empty Re: SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week?

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:34 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

????? I've never even heard it D & P..???  

Humblest (even more ever-so 'umble than Alexandra, babes...) apologies and a massive oops... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I said the wrong person.

And now I can't remember who it actually was. affraid

It's get my coat time.... *shuffles off like Gollum*
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Have you sent am email to bbc scd? They m8ght reply or #scd or #Zoe ball could ask our famous Sid to ask Marion Keynes on Twitterratti. ... The DS forum may know? Mmm ill have a valid grab a cloak and lurk within its deadly grasp
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Diamonds wrote:I shall be telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth with my hips to Shakira (because my hips won't lie.... )

Zoe stole my line lock stock and barrel on ITT..... affraid

I don't know whether to be flattered or call in my lawyers....  bounce  bounce
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Humblest (even more ever-so 'umble than Alexandra, babes...) apologies and a massive oops... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  

I said the wrong person.

And now I can't remember who it actually was.  affraid

It's get my coat time.... *shuffles off like Gollum*

No bother D&P, easy error to make. Done it loads... Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Have you sent am email to bbc scd?  They m8ght reply or #scd or #Zoe ball could ask our famous Sid to ask Marion Keynes on Twitterratti. ... The DS forum may know?  Mmm ill have a valid grab a cloak and lurk within its deadly grasp

That made me chortle!

Can;t be arsed to email the Beeb - twill take an eternity for them to get back. I just thought there may be a place where the choreogrpahers are details, eg, for the pro dances etc ad the ones where they have assistance like the charleston and the AT.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll cope...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Always been an Al Jolson fan. What better waltz track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-y1O_r55Mw

And I make no apology for posting this....absolute classic ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaHfaBR70w

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 11 Empty Re: SCD 2017 a little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks for posting these up Mr T - both great favourites of my Dads and I love 'Some Enchanted Evening'. Lovely to hear them.
I once heard a really good orchestral version of 'The Anniversary Song' - for some reason the track always sounds a bit russian/eastern European as an instrumental......don't know why! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2017 Which Dance & Music Choices This Week? - Page 11 Empty Re: Strictly 2017 Which Dance and Music Choices this week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm

B4p wrote:
Well, I'm going to be radical and say I like it, one for the iconic intro, and two because it reminds me of my mispent yoof drunken That's not to say it'll make any sort of decent Strictly dance song, but hey, when did that matter Cool

I'm completely with you there B4P - on the brilliant intro, yoof memories, singing along and not thinking that it belongs on SCD particularly!!! Cool

Reflecting on the music choices, I'm afraid that overall they just don't say 'semi final' to me - but there you go.

It has struck me that most of them have got one ok track and one duff track - I actually think Debbie is the only one who for me has two decent ones. Looking at the brief clips on Waites Warm Up tonight, I thought their Foxtrot looked really good - I think it will overshadow her jive which won't be particularly 'down into the floor' - and the kicks and flicks looked predictably balletic tonight - but overall I think she has lucked out. I'm sure Joe will nail it with the American Smooth to another great track. Shame they've got a duff one for the AT - however, at least it has something of the right beat within it for me and isn't too orchestral - the routine looked good tonight and this is the one that I am most excited to see - in spite of the music. Katya seems to be able to make something out of anything.

Alex - well, the cha cha was one of their only dances that I enjoyed unreservedly - so I'm expecting a stonking salsa from them to a good track. Not sure what I think about the VW for them - on paper a good choice for the semi but I hope it won't be too jolting and full of attack - as others have said, the track is not very upbeat at all - not the sort of thing that goes with a light Viennese waltz - could be uncomfortable.

This leaves Mollie and Gemma - who both have one dance out of two that probably doesn't suit them. I feel quite ambivalent towards them - I can't call it with either of them and I'm waiting to be wowed from one of them. I don't like Gemma's rumba music but I think she'll cope with the Tango. Mollie's samba looked much better than I expected on ITT tonight, and again she has suitable music - she really seems to have come out of her shell. I really don't like the waltz track though - really sounds like a dirge to me. Seems quite slow - I hope she doesn't get the balance issues again - she needs to be wearing the proper shoes as Zoe and Ian remarked.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 am

Well, we are well into the business end of the competition and Gemma and Mollie are the two weakest dancers left (although both my personal favourites). Strictly speaking, neither of them should be in the final because Aston is no doubt a better dancer but that’s the fun of Strictly.

With two dances, two songs and two sets of marks the semi-final should really separate the men from the boys. There will be an element of luck for sure but, saving any dance disaaarrsters, Alex, Debbay and Joe should all be safe.

On a separate note, I love Robbie Williams (more than a 58 year old mother of one daughter and owner of one dog) has a right to. That said, I went to a Robbie based theme night Christmas party last Friday and the Robbie tribute guy was just dire (mostly flat, sadly). Almost so bad it was good. So Robbie is better than at least one other person.....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Robbie oh Robbie yup also a sworn in secret i adore him too much and old enough be his mom too! flower flower  but he is so good live.. He can really draw you in and Angels perfection at Knebworth....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Just used some mouthwash after mention of Gobby Williams (a very silly man I.M.O ) and want to say that as much will depend on attitude and confidence now as skill. Male pros (doing the leading) do seem to have an easier job on than Katya will have with the one blue-chinned male contestant left against four frilly frock and glitter girls. Molly seems to have got a grip of her nerves and Gemma, who seems the more confident of the two, need to turn the skill on. Seems written in the stars (script) that one the ringers will take the B & Q special fireplace bauble, but the enjoyment will surely be in the performances.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Seems written in the stars (script) that one the ringers will take the B & Q special fireplace bauble, but the enjoyment will surely be in the performances.

Oh I hope not Tango! I'm putting my money on Joe lifting the bauble (so long as there isn't a Joe/Alex or Joe/Debbie DO this weekend....that could be disaster)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm

I don't know Diamonds, but another alternative could be that Vincent offerred his expertise but was declined? She may not have heard of him being new? It didn't look like 'a Vincent' creation
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:02 pm

Anyway, a request for tomorrow: A Debbie v Alexandra in the D.O. please. Just for fun ( for me, not them of course). jocolor
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 pm

B4p wrote:I don't know Diamonds, but another alternative could be that Vincent offerred his expertise but was declined? She may not have heard of him being new? It didn't look like 'a Vincent' creation

You know, B4p, this will appear as a great sin, but I'd love to see Vincent and Flavia togther doing a very frill-less A.T. They are both brilliant dancers but maybe the bar is as high as it can go now without being flash? Just a straight forward tango in the parent Argentine mode where the emphasis is on the dancers as frustrated lovers, moody and serious. Ah well, I can dream...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:03 am

B4p wrote:Week 12

Gemma and Alijaz
Rumba - to Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé
https://youtu.be/bqIxCtEveG8

Tango - to My Sharona by The Knack (Royal Blood cover)
https://youtu.be/IkjOn2jyaME

Debbie and Giovanni
Foxtrot - to Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
https://youtu.be/IVvkjuEAwgU

Jive - to I’m So Exited by the Pointer Sisters
https://youtu.be/8iwBM_YB1sE

Joe and Katya
American Smooth - to Have You Met Miss Jones by Robbie Williams
https://youtu.be/HMsNqxIJ2x0

Argentine Tango - to Human by Rag n’ Bone Man
https://youtu.be/L3wKzyIN1yk

Alex and Gorka
Salsa - to Finally by Cece Peniston
https://youtu.be/xk8mm1Qmt-Y

Viennese Waltz - to Tina Arena’s version of R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts
https://youtu.be/5rOiW_xY-kc

Mollie and AJ
Waltz - to Angel by Sarah McLachlan
https://youtu.be/i1GmxMTwUgs

Samba - to Whenever, Wherever by Shakira
https://youtu.be/weRHyjj34ZE

Well looking at that I would now make Gemma a warm favourite to exit this week. Like Davood last week she has drawn the short straw with a really challenging dance (Rumba) and music that doesn't suit for the other dance. Given that it is fair to say she is not at the level of Joe, Debbie and Alex.then she has a real uphill climb ahead of her tonight.

Musical choices are a bit meh for me barring two or three songs.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:52 pm

I feel like tonight will be the biggest test of Gemma's popularity.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Her tango looked really good in the training clips, so it could be another Blackpool week for her scores (though the rumba looked rather static from what I could see).

I think whoever doesn't get a 10 for just one of their dances may be in trouble (they could do a brilliant dance and a rubbish dance, but still succeed in the DO over someone who does two very good dances....hmm, I wonder do the pros bear that in mind and focus on getting one perfect performance rather than two very good dances).

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:06 pm

Sid wrote:I feel like tonight will be the biggest test of Gemma's popularity.

Yes I agree. Gemma's best hope is thst she avoids the dance-off tonight. If she is in the bottom two I feel her best chance lies with being pitted against Mollie. I cannot see the judges chooding Gemma over Joe, Debbie or Alex.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Yes I agree. Gemma's best hope is thst she avoids the dance-off tonight. If she is in the bottom two I feel her best chance lies with being pitted against Mollie.

It's interesting because as individuals in the competition I've reached a point where I'm fairly indifferent towards Mollie and Gemma. But as a potential DO head-to-head it's possibly the most intriguing contest of the series. I wonder if Mollie's Waltz might have the slight edge over Gemma's Tango.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:27 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

That made me chortle!

Can;t be arsed to email the Beeb - twill take an eternity for them to get back.  I just thought there may be a place where the choreogrpahers are details, eg, for the pro dances etc ad the ones where they have assistance like the charleston and the AT.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll cope...

I'd like it if at the start of each performance, it was written at the bottom of the screen: the couple, their dance, their music (which version) and the choreographer(s).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Sid wrote:

I'd like it if at the start of each performance, it was written at the bottom of the screen: the couple, their dance, their music (which version) and the choreographer(s).

Indeed. That is a great idea.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:01 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:[You know, B4p, this will appear as a great sin, but I'd love to see Vincent and Flavia togther doing a very frill-less A.T. They are both brilliant dancers but maybe the bar is as high as it can go now without being flash? Just a straight forward tango in the parent Argentine mode where the emphasis is on the dancers as frustrated lovers, moody and serious. Ah well, I can dream...
I've got tickets to see their new Tango Moderno show in January - can't wait bounce
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:19 pm

How Joe managed to dance anything to that tripe music and the crazy, unnecessary disco light show they got for the A.T.is beyond me. Loved their polished Broadway style American Smooth.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next