Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

+9
1superken
Littlebear
mauveangel09
gingercodgers
jingle
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
Sid
CaledonianCraig
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  Empty The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:55 pm

I am sure we all have our favourite dances in Strictly Come Dancing that lives long in our minds so thought it would be a great idea to create a thread where we can post up dances that stick in the mind. Dances that sparkle with great choreography with daring moves, great technique and timing and fabulous effort and musical backing. There are many that stick in my mind and I will get the ball rolling shortly.

Enjoy......
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm

From the last series this dance of Kimberley Walsh and Pasha Kovalev was just superb. The choreography, great moves, timing, music and atmosphere in the studio was memorable.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  Sid Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Can only be Louisa & V.incent's Jive:

I'd dipped in and out of the Strictly before but this is the dance that made me properly fall in love with the show (and you know who!). It was so unexpected and joyful. And the track "S.miley Faces" couldn't have been more fitting Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Another of my favourite dances from the last series was more for the unexpectedness of its quality. Michael Vaughan had toiled badly but this performance of the QuickStep with Natalie Lowe was a real eye-opener.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Love the thread & the dances so far!

I loved Colin Jackson & E.rin's Waltz & American Smooth
I loved Austin & E.rins Tango
I loved Ian & Zoe's Argentinian Tango
I loved Matt & Aliona's Watlz

This Tablet annoying me trying to paste the dance clips!Apologies

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Austin and Erin's paso-doble for me. Don't know how to up load a video though. Crying or Very sad 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Austin and Erin's paso-doble for me. Don't know how to up load a video though. Crying or Very sad 
Here you go Tango:

(go to YouTube, find the link and copy/paste it into the little YouTube icon which appears amongst the options when you want post here -and voila!).

Such a brave opening to the Paso by Austin though I couldn't help but lol at C.raig laughing his head off in the background!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm

This dance I remember very well. It was about Letitia Dean's best dance and she really gave it her all. The music was great but not sure if it suited the dance.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:05 pm

I loved Louis and Flavia's tango for halloween theme

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Sid wrote: Such a brave opening to the Paso by Austin though I couldn't help but lol at C.raig laughing his head off in the background!
Cheers Syd, you're a star. C.raig ws probably laughing because Austin shouted "ole", something the audience shout, as in "bravo", not the matador. Shouting it is a bit like applauding yourself. Wink 

Thanks again.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Sid wrote:  Such a brave opening to the Paso by Austin though I couldn't help but lol at C.raig laughing his head off in the background!
Cheers Syd, you're a star. C.raig ws probably laughing because Austin shouted "ole", something the audience shout, as in "bravo", not the matador. Shouting it is a bit like applauding yourself. Wink 

Thanks again.
Forgot that one but yes that was excellent. Considering he was not an actor he got the performance and attitude spot on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Hope this works. Jill Halfpenny's excellent jive.

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hope this works. Jill Halfpenny's excellent jive.

Great clip. Reminds me why I watch this programme.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  Empty The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm not very good at loading things - I liked quite a few dances from the last series - I think there were some real classics - so I've gone back a bit to a few dances that I still have in my head - I liked a lot of what Lisa and Brendan, Ali and Brian and K ara and A rtem did - they all did some classics but here are some 'old' ones:

Mark and Karen's Salsa
Mark and Karen's AT
Zoe and Ian's Tango
Colin and E rin's quickstep
Sssssscott and Nathalie's 'jungle book' themed quickstep
A nton and Laila's paso doble (done at Blackpool - wasn't marked terribly high but I thought it was a lovely authentic sort of routine - rather 'un A nton like'
Jodie and Ian's Waltz - it was rather unusual.

I will have to find some clips and be a bit more 'techie' Rolling Eyes 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

For you mauve:-

I forgot this one. It is indeed a great dance.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:16 am

TY Thank You!! I had meant E.rin & Austin's Paso!! Made the hairs on my neck stand up again!! Love seeing all the dances so far!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 am

Here is one from the last series. A fun dance, great choreography and a cameo from An.ton. This Cha Cha Cha was Dani's step up in class for me in the last series.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm

In terms of sheer danceability, this is realy top notch for me. Tom Chambers emerged as a real dancer and his expressions show how much he's just loving it. Oh, how Camilla is missed now.Crying or Very sad

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Oh Tom & Camilla I miss you!!! Tom worked so hard & for me emerged as a Ballroom dancer.His expressions,his enthusiasim & sheer enjoyment of dancing was infectious!!!

Oh to dig out Colin Jackson & E.rin ballroom dances!!(sobs the champion that should have been-those wretched dolls)
I do recall Gabby Logan & Penny Lancaster having good dances & Zoe!

Are we having a thread for the worst dances?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Are we having a thread for the worst dances? Sax
Chris Parker would win it hands down. I don't count pure comedy like Sergent, Widdi and Russel grant, they were entertainment. Chris Parker really thought he was dancing.confused 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Yes I recall Chris Parker running around with a cape! Also the actress from Casualty who kept crying & Fiona Phillips having dire dances! I wasn't a Russell fan even for the "Ahem" comedy factor! Just annoying others went at his expense.
Widdy I enjoyed

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  Empty Re: The Classic dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Oh Tom & Camilla I miss you!!! Tom worked so hard & for me emerged as a Ballroom dancer.His expressions,his enthusiasim & sheer enjoyment of dancing was infectious!!!

Oh to dig out Colin Jackson & E.rin ballroom dances!!(sobs the champion that should have been-those wretched dolls)
I do recall Gabby Logan & Penny Lancaster having good dances & Zoe!

Are we having a thread for the worst dances?

Sax
I will never forget Tom and Camilla's Showdance and I think he entered the final as something of the underdog on the night!

Sax - I echo what you say about E rin and Colin - still one of my all time favourite partnerships and dancers - I still remember that 'Finals' night vividly and just sitting in silence when the 'offending articles' appeared!!!!

Penny Lancaster and Ian did a great routine to 'These boots are made for walking'  - I think it was (meant) to be a samba, if anyone remembers - but it was great choreo from Ian and suited her so much.

CC - Thanks so much for loading Scott and Nathalie and thanks for this brilliant thread - just the ticket after a hard day at work to watch the clips.............Very Happy      That dance was one of Scott's finest hours just watching it again made me realize what a tragedy it was that he 'went off' so much towards the end of that series................. a salutory tale for all celebs I think!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm

A lot of fun in this dance. Chris Hollins and put a vest on you strumpet's Charleston. They had great chemistry together.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Here for you mauve is Tom's showdance from the 2008 Final. Magic stuff and no wonder he has now taken to dancing on stage in Top Hat in the West End.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 pm

I always thought this was one of their best dances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMMuH6wmPQ

I hope this works.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next