Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

+9
1superken
Littlebear
mauveangel09
gingercodgers
jingle
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
Sid
CaledonianCraig
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:32 pm

This was perhaps Phil Tufnell's best dance an American Smooth. He really was all ballroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p9kAcKZlg
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Classic Dances of Strictly Come Dancing

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Id forgotten that particular dance from Patrick! Ty for the link
I wonder if we had a vote for the best three showdancws who would it be?
& the oh god it cost them that trophy! Surely dollgate would win hands down?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:57 pm

I would say this was prhaps Susanna Reid'd best dance - the paso doble at Blackpool:-

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Kevin's Paso was an excellent example to all the male contestants as to how it should be danced. No angry shouting at a mad bull, no table-cloth twirling, no facial gymnastics, just a fine arrogant display of Spanish dancing and the relevant body arches and arm positioning. It was so good I almost forgave him for those black socks... cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Can't manage a link......youtube locks itself.

Artem and Kara's Rhumba.....walks, hand and arm gestures. This was a proper old-fashioned rhumba. I know that everyone talks about how much trouble the male celebrities have with Rhumbas.....but to be honest the women are not much better. Kara does it. Artem pays her the compliment of appearing to do his own professional male thing and expecting her to keep up. Yes there are some fancy bit of choreography but still a Rhumba.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Oh yes, Kara and Artem's 'Pink Rhumba' was probably their best dance of all. Such intimacy, at times I felt I shouldn't be watching!

Rachel and Vincent's still my favourite Rhumba though, just.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:37 pm

These clips are making me want to start another thread:

Spot the recycled costume!

I'm positive Natalie's Quickstep dress (with Scot Maslin) was slightly amended for put a vest on you strumpet's dance with Steve to "King of the swingers"..

Which brings up another possible thread topic:

Recycled tunes...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:49 pm

C'mon Diamonds. Please start a 'Spot the Recycled Costume Thread'. What a hoot
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:52 pm

B4p wrote:C'mon Diamonds. Please start a 'Spot the Recycled Costume Thread'. What a hoot

I can only spot that one dress of Natalie's/put a vest on you strumpet's - is that enough to start a whole thread???
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm sure one or two other sharp eyed threaders including sax has mentioned other recycled gowns. Lets see if she wants to play
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:03 pm

OK - you've convinced me! Off to see if I can actually do it....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Job done! No we just need some eagle eyed people to post!

Back on THIS thread... Can't believe Sid hasn't posted this (an if he has and I've missed it, then it's great enough to warrant a second outing...)

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:33 pm

I liked Scott Maslen's Jive and Waltz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:36 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Job done!  No we just need some eagle eyed people to post!

Back on THIS thread...  Can't believe Sid hasn't posted this (an if he has and I've missed it, then it's great enough to warrant a second outing...)

Woohoo well done diamonds!

Yes I mentioned that Rhumba earlier but was too lazy to post it, so ta Very Happy

To make up for it, another Rachel and V.incent highlight. Their Argentine Tango hasn't been bettered in my opinion. I know it's Vin's speciality but the intricacy of the routine is unreal, Rachel did a phenomenal job. Same score as Caroline's? Pah!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:51 pm

Fantastic. Bring back Vinnie. That's the way to do it. She was blumming brilliant and I think the first female celeb to do an AT in a shorter lycra dress which was an achievement in itself.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 pm

AND it shows you can use non-traditional AT music to amazing effect. It just needs to have the right vibe.

But then, I expect Vinthent the tune himself....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Both of those Vinnie clips have Tommy Blaize singing. He's my favourite!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:22 am

I'm not sure how to get the TV shot up but here are two of my favs

Scott Maslen's Jive
https://youtu.be/CMi0boUP2bw

Matt Baker's Samba
https://youtu.be/cAg0SSDWLlM
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 am

Click on the little "You Tube" icon that's along the top with bold, italics etc and then copy and paste your link into there B4.

Was reliving a few of Scott's dances recently....his Jive, his QS, his Tango....too bad he burnt out, although it was a tough year anyway what with Kara, Pamela and Matt (who's dancing did little for me I'm afraid although A.liona was at her most annoying that year which didn't help!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:44 am

I noticed Steadycam man was virulent that year as well. One creature I don't mind seeing extinguished
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 am

Ooh now thats a challenge! I have heard Vicky advising this was so and so's bodice top and we have added!
Sometimes i think de ja vue re a certain dress yet never the men's tops? Or do they and we just do not notice! Im sure Hatlady could recall lots of re invented dresses.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:39 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:AND it shows you can use non-traditional AT music to amazing effect.  It just needs to have the right vibe.

But then, I expect Vinthent the tune himself....

Goes for their Ballroom Tango too, diamonds. I won't post it or it'll look like I've turned this into a Rachel & Vinnie Appreciation Thread! But it's still one of my stand-out Tangos. The choreography mirrored the music beautifully combining soft, subtle movements with sharp staccato ones - it was the perfect blend of light and shade, and Rachel was crisp and clean and stunning in her red dress. I immediately think of that dance whenever Here Comes The Rain Again plays on the radio (and when they used it for the pro dance last weekend!).

Oh what the hell... Laughing

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Yes, this is stunning Sid (I don't mind at all if this turns into a Vinthent and Rachel thread....!). And this is actually so much better than the pro's interpretation on the Results show at the weekend.

But never mind the music... THAT DRESS!!! Out of this world fantastic Smile
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Vincent's got such musicality. Not all of the Pro dancers have that automatically. He really lives every accents and breathes light and shade, instead of moi, who can just about breathe in and out. His attention to detail is always phenomenal. How great for his boys to see when they're older, that their dad has so many good clips to view.

Right - that's decided then. I'll have to go and see Vincent & Flavia for the upteenth time again next year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Sid wrote:

Goes for their Ballroom Tango too, diamonds. I won't post it or it'll look like I've turned this into a Rachel & Vinnie Appreciation Thread! But it's still one of my stand-out Tangos. The choreography mirrored the music beautifully combining soft, subtle movements with sharp staccato ones - it was the perfect blend of light and shade, and Rachel was crisp and clean and stunning in her red dress. I immediately think of that dance whenever Here Comes The Rain Again plays on the radio (and when they used it for the pro dance last weekend!).

Oh what the hell... Laughing

Watch it - I'll start posting L isa and B rendan clips....................... lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next