Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2013

+16
diamondsandpearls
lualen
Poppetlovestango
gingercodgers
David Tee
Wallflower
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Tina Sparkle
jingle
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Littlebear
133-230-44039-18180-800
Sid
B4p
20 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2013

Post  Sid Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:
Oh I do hope that Ben continues to come along nicely!  He seems like a really nice guy, who's well out of his comfort zone but trying hard.  Besides that, if he goes where's the male eye candy?  Ashley seems nice, but he doesn't ring my bells, whereas Ben....tongue   
Definitely! Ash is cute but  a bit too young, pretty & clean-cut. But Ben - ding dong!

It was a bit tactless of Zoe to bring up Chelsee and Kimberley I thought! That was probably the last thing Rachel wanted to hear. Clearly she's not the natural dancer they were and she and Pasha haven't developed the same rapport. But I do think the Quickstep will be a nice confidence-boosting dance for them.

Sophie and Brendan I'm liking more and more. They seem at ease with each other and I feel like they're on the same wavelength.

Glad Dave's taking the Waltz more seriously, but is anyone else beginning to find his responses and gags a bit rehearsed and therefore not that funny?

Fiona's Rhumba dress looks absolutely gorgeous. Hope the dance can do it justice.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: It takes Two

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Watching Ben and Kristina on ITT last night I was struck by the teacher in Kristina - she clearly enjoys it and is good at it but I agree with you Sid, she does tend to get a bit manic/frantic in some dances when she feels that the celeb is not doing so well.  Some celebs are great teachers and others aren't - especially some of the newer ones, who are great dancers but not such good teachers.  It makes me cross when I see someone like Patrick who has a bit of natural flare and who is not really progressing IMO because he needs some basics ironed out.

I think it should be an interesting week - a few couples out of their comfort zone - Deborah and Susanna for example.  Dave looked like he was actually trying to dance in his waltz - however, the producers have given him a good run of comedy offerings to get him up and running in the contest! (cynical moi?)

Agree with what everyone says about Rachel and Pasha - I didn't think he looked quite as uncomfortable this week and was obviously really trying. I'm sure the QS will suit her more than the dances of the last couple of weeks but don't think there is a lot going on between them.   I actually really like Ashley - the only real contender amongst the men for me and  I think his AS and Samba were really good and very watchable - BTW I don't normally like Mrs Jordan.

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Aarrgghhh It happened on ITT Biggins arrived! I almost switched the sound off & put the subtitles on.However surprisingly enough I didn't find him too bad this time! Maybe its because it was a short session only? Not keen re thethe section from A.nton & Fiona's dance in the studio yet in the training room it looked better! So after all that hype & talk of epidurals,facet joints (I know these having had facet injections!) Natalie will dance Saturday! Does concern ne if there is a bulging disc why risk it? Loved Deborah in training again she had a bloom about her! J&J well not keen on the outcome so far.Patrick actually looked good this week! Ben quietly improving & Suzanna & Kevin from Grimsby looking chic again!
My one nag! Give us a longer Friday show 45 minutes its all frenzied rush rush & we don't get to see all the couples!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 am

Biggins annoyed me again! He loves to take over and thinks he's far funnier than he is. And that cackle! Shocked 

But, to be fair, he clearly watches the show. He knows the couple's strengths and weaknesses. He's a proper fan. And he bigged up Sophie so he's not all bad Razz Speaking of Sophie, her Foxtrot training doesn't seem to have progressed much. Bit worried about her!

I agree with you about Deborah, sax, she's great. Very straightforward, good sense of humour, has got into the spirit of it all, looks fab, what's not to like? But I think she's really going to struggle with the Jive.

Very happy Natalie's able to dance. And with the help of painkillers and the adrenaline pumping, I'm sure her QS will be ace. I can see how the song fits now - was a bit Shocked when I first heard they were dancing to Usher! But the Jazz version will work really well.

I'm predicting a very good week for Ashley.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 am

Loved Deborah's dress tonight. Would quite like to know where it's from!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:03 am

Yes Deborah looked great! I wonder is it her own wardrobe & taste? Or is it wardrode dressing her? I doubt its wardrobe as She always comes across as confident & very much in charge on DD! Here on SCD we see her softer side,her funny & warm personality.I agree she may struggle with the jive but she will be safe this week.Sophie may have an off week with her dance.Fiona the part they showed was a little heavy Im wondering if she may venture into the DO?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:50 am

I hope not! I really enjoy watching Fiona - she's so elegant.I thought she looked nervous in that snip of rumba in the studio. Hope the nerves aren't back tonight as they sabotaged her first dance didn't they?

Deborah must surely be safe for a few weeks even if she does a bad dance - she's coming across so weLl.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 am

I like Fiona too littlebear & I think if she holds her nerve she will do a good dance.I just hope Fiona doesn't fall into the middle area trap & people forget to vote for her. A.nton has a good partner & I hope he steps up to the mark forget past funny routines & let her bloom
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh no, I hear Lisa Riley is making her ITT debut tonight! Shocked Evil or Very Mad affraid Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation 
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:48 pm

As a guest? Or as a guest host? I haven't heard or seen any reviews regarding her theatre play with CRH? Anyone go and see it? I thought Lisa had a very very easy j.ourney last year overmarked & better dances going because of this.
I wish when Tess reads the couples who are safe tbis week that in the corner of screen it is displayed their % of the public vote.We get to see the true reflection of the GBP
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 pm

I think she's doing a bit of 'co-presenting' sax. I just find her too much. Too happy, too bubbly, too enthusiastic, too gushy, too FUN!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Now Sid a double act of Lisa & Julian could blow the tv circuits!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:08 pm

ARRGGGHHHH:evil:  I've tried to post twice now, and it just goes to a white screen. Third time luck hopefully.

All I wanted to say was, surely they coulda found a nicer fan letter than 'you remind my son of his hamster' to Julien.  I thought he was very gracious on ITT, despite that.

Also, increasingly finding myself irritated by Dave and Karen. Thought tonights show was a bit dreary, other than the clip with James 'restraining' Artem. If they needed a co-presenter, James would be much better than Lisa Riley imo.

Now, if I press send and this freezes again, I'll despair.............

EDIT : cheers 
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Now Sid a double act of Lisa & Julian could blow the tv circuits!
Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Thankfully she didn't pop up after all!

Jingle, I know what you mean about Dave & Karen. We've seen and heard it all before. I'm finding the humour of their interviews quite forced now. I thought Ashley was quite funny though! And O.la looked beautiful in that dress (I'm someone who's always thought O.la's looks are a bit over-rated but tonight she looked the business).

V.incent & F.lavia AND Natalie Lowe tomorrow night.......squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! bounce bounce bounce
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 pm

I know the feeling Jingle re screen freezing. The letter from Pickle the hamster I think they thought would be endearing.The look on Julian's face said it all. I did wonder if it was a cousin of our Sammy the hamster SCD pet reviewer.
I don't mind Dave & liked the Strict Cribs being back! I hope there was more than a bedroom in that barge boat.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:34 pm

A fabulous trio for ITT tomorrow yay. Do you feel Janette will last longer than this series? I haven't warmed to her as I really haven't clicked with her. I took ages to click with Natalie Lowe two series then it was wow love her routines.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 pm

saxonsiren wrote:A fabulous trio for ITT tomorrow yay. Do you feel Janette will last longer than this series? I haven't warmed to her as I really haven't clicked with her. I took ages to click with Natalie Lowe two series then it was wow love her routines.
I've warmed to Janette very much. But I'm not sure about her choreography or teaching. It could just be that Julien was one of those students who just couldn't grasp the steps and techniques or it could be that Janette wasn't that effective at teaching them to him. Give her another chance I say.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:22 pm

I hope they do. I recall a young American Male pro dancer that lasted one series only & we never found out why? where did he go? I cannot remember how long Nicole Cutler lasted in SCD?

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Aw!! Miss Vinthent and Flavian so much! I was laughing out loud! Cool 
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

V.incent & F.lavia Made my night. He's cute and funny, she's beautiful and very good at explaining things. As much as I like Karen Hardy, I wish they could become a permanent fixture in Choreography Corner!

Kudos to Pasha for acknowledging he made the QS too difficult. I think he's taking time adjusting to having a celebrity partner for a change who isn't a natural dancer.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2013 - Page 3 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2013

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:56 pm

I missed the show both last tonight and tonight so will have to play catch-up..................Not sorry that I missed Lisa Riley though. Agree with all your comments. I started off by admiring her last year but then it seemed she started to believe in her own hype - which I suspect that Dave is doing this year - and the 'favoured treatment' that she received from the judges irritated me. Sorry that I have missed Vinnie and F lavia and Nathalie - look forward to watching it.

I didn't warm to Janette but think she was unlucky to get a weaker partner in her first series so she hasn't really had tiime to make an impression. I too always think about how I didn't like Nathalie at first (like many of us) and now think she is fabulous. The young male dancer who disappeared without trace was Jared - can't remember his surname - who danced with 'Sarah Platt' from Coronation Street - Tina something.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am

Ty Mauve! Jared I t thought he was refreshing & would appeal to all viewers but no he just vanished. I would love V.incent & F.lavia to be regular guests on ITT on choreography corner move over KH or a new Friday review session with them both! They are warm,engaging,energetic & lovely.
I missed Lisa on ITT for some reason the puppy always acts up around 6:40!
Will we have a VT from C.raig in his convalescant chair?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Sid, how do you do it?!! (am assuming that was your message to Mark which Zoe read out)

A good show tonight I thought, even the Lisa Riley section was quite interesting. Training clips mostly looking promising, apart from Dave (though I guess his will be turned into a comedy in some way). The clip of Artem and Natalie's training looked fabulous, really looking forward to that.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I squealed is that our Sid? at the tv! Deborah admitted not her best dress & she was stompy!However is it the shoes we wears in training?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes twas me! There was a fair bit if squealing round our dinner table too!

I didn't even submit a message anywhere on the SCD boards like I used to years ago....I just tweeted a comment about Mark & Iveta's dance with the SCD hashtag and they must have picked it up!

I found Lisa Riley's button-pushing behind the scenes pretty pointless and tedious. Would rather have had an extra minute dedicated to Ian's training updates which were rushed and to the two interviews.

Love Deborah, her attitude reminds me of Anita Dobson's who was also paired with Robin. I think you're guaranteed to enjoy your Strictly experience if you're partnered with him. He hasn't had one unhappy customer yet.

And of course Mark and Iveta are awesome too. His Waltz looks like it's going to be very good. I wonder just how far they can go?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next