Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Dancers Slot

+9
hatlady28
Sid
diamondsandpearls
Tina Sparkle
cellar-door
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
13 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Pro Dancers Slot Empty Pro Dancers Slot

Post  B4p Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Any thoughts on this years Pro dancers or those departed?

Last edited by B4p on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Pro Dancers Slot Empty Re: Pro Dancers Slot

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Only that I wish Camilla, Erin and Lillia were still in there, along with Ian.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I miss Vin cent & Fla via. I also wonder what Mathew Cutler is up to nowadays. I thought he made a good team with Aliona. I used to like Darren's choreography.

Joanne seems a live wire and Tristan has a strong fan base. It'll be interesting to see which Pro's are strong dancers but not so strong maybe on the choreography ideas. I suppose some Pro s might have some innovative ideas but their celeb may not be able to showcase them.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:19 pm

I miss Ian,E.rin,Darren,Lillia and Matthew.I really really miss V.incent
Not seen enough of the new dancers personalities yet to make comments.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:43 pm

B4p wrote:I miss Vin cent & Fla via. I also wonder what Mathew Cutler is up to nowadays. I thought he made a good team with Aliona. I used to like Darren's choreography.

I'd almost forgotten the little people won't be with us.. V.ncent and Fla.via will be sadly missed. Their tango demo spots alone set the shows alight. An ton and E rin and Ian and Cam illa along with V and F leave really big holes in the shows. Shame.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Apparently Karen went to the Performing Arts School in New York where 'Fame' was filmed. Syllabus included dancing on the dining room table, dancing in the street and on top of yellow taxi cabs and paying for the experience in sweat. Wasn't Lori Singer (Flashdance) also in Fame as a ballet dancer?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:17 pm

I miss all the dancers that have been mentioned - I don't think that anyone of them were past their 'sell by' dates when they left the show - but I suppose this is what happens when a show runs for so many years - life moves on and so do people, Camilla and K aren 'retired' ( don't mean that in a negative way) having both won the glitterball - E rin now has the patter of tiny feet etc etc - I think the harshest departures for me were D arren and L ilia who in my mind were dropped for no good reason at the time, likewise Ian although he has managed to carve a place for himself on ITT and I would miss him greatly if he was not involved.

Over the last few years I think that the boys who have been introduced have for me made more of an impression than the girls - A rtem, Robin, Kevin. I have liked Kristina from the start but Katya made very little impression on me - a great dancer but not a great choreographer in my book - I hardly noticed she had left the series and I have to say that in general I have not warmed to any of the new girls who have been introduced over the last series- I just think that sometimes their teaching/choreography is not up to it and they rely too much on posing and lifts - but I reserve judgment to see what they can produce this year, as being an excellent teacher and able to deliver SCD style is very different to being a brilliant talented dancer - not everyone could do it and I accept it must take some pros a while to settle into it (or not).

That said - I do look forward to seeing new pro dancers and seeing what new ideas they can bring to each series - not sure yet about the new crop until I have seen the first show. However, I do live in hope that perhaps after taking a series or two off, V incent and F lavia might come back and do one more season..........why not?

My dream cast of 7 guys and 7 girls

B rendan
Ian
A nton (I suppose) or Pasha (but went off him a bit last year)
Robin
V incent
D arren
Kevin

E rin
L ilia
Kristina
Nathalie
F lavia
Camilla
K aren

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Very thought provoking mauve. Any more suggestions for their dream Pro dancer troupe?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Robin has had his first workout in 4 months and says he's 'out of shape' (4 Pack instead of the usual 6 then)

Iveta is reported by the Red Tops to be 'smitten' with Thom

Last edited by B4p on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word bombed again)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:02 am

I think Thom and Simon are both going to contest the chunk of a hunk award spot
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 am

Just spent a lovely 2 hours watching old SCD and DWTS clips on youtube.

My favourites tonight were Nicole Cutler and Matthew jiving. Where's Nicole? That girl could jive.

I also watched some of Pasha's DWTS clips and he's a different beast in America. it's a shame we haven't seen that side of him here as yet.

I love watching Aliona dance with Matthew. She just lights up and goes for it. I thought they made a great dance couple. She's like a wild, custard eating horse, that's been hobbled and reined in. This is one of my favourite clips of them

https://youtu.be/NBWFylMa_gg
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 am

Pasha doing a couple of Cha-Chas

Lady Gaga's 'My Telephone'
https://youtu.be/TOlXyN3fo8U

Let's Get Loud
https://youtu.be/N_Gj7OJTYk4
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Link thanks to Tango

Artem, Derek Hough & Co DWTS last week doing a Paso/Tango fusion routine
https://youtu.be/Z-IrwAJwCPA
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:55 pm

An ton & Lesley Garrett doing a Tango

Do you know the music? Someone on DS is asking?

https://youtu.be/0eyWQH9pz0Y
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Artem & Lea Contempory Dance from week 4 of DWTS. 39/40 You will need tissues! Even Artem is misting up

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-10-07-season-19-week-4
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm

B4p wrote:Artem & Lea Contempory Dance from week 4 of DWTS. 39/40 You will need tissues! Even Artem is misting up

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-10-07-season-19-week-4

Happy for Artem, he seemed to be freed from the shackles of strict(er) rules in SCD than the freedom which was celebrated in DWTS!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:56 pm

How to dance Salsa by Karen & Kevin (check out Karen's sexy Salsa footwear)
https://youtu.be/SUeWlwOjBnk
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:08 am

I'd bring Brian Fortuna back. Never could see why they dropped him. And Matthew Cutler. A couple of years ago I'd have said Ian, but now he seems to have carved out a place for himself on ITT and I rather like that, so I miss him less. Of the women I'd like to see Camilla back, but I don't imagine thats ever going to happen.

Artem and Robin I'm "meh" about. Lovely guys both of them, but I don't go for that body builder look for latin and ballroom, and I didn't always care for their choreography.

The two I would really like to see again though, are Vincent and Flavia. As I understand it it was their choice to go as they had a lot of other things on and felt it was time to give Strictly a break, so I have hopes that they might come back, one day.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 pm

I agree Tina Id love to see V.imcent and F.lavia back also Brian Fortune back.I think even Kevin's parents may get on board next year being pro dancers on SCD Very Happy A Family affair.
I wonder who decides which pro dancer stays or walks?
O.la must be in doubt
Im hopimg secretly E.rin may pop back too
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:36 pm

According to the online Mail, O la is reported to have said 'I don't know if I'll come back'

James is in trouble again for comments about Mark's routine. Basically he says Marks a nice bloke but can't dance. He picks holes in Mark's Paso technique but it's not clear if he's having a dig at Mark's ability, Karen's choreography or the Production team. 'They made his dance comedy tonight'. He's too good for comedy. Makes a mockery of ballroom and latin.

In fairness to Mark, I don't think even Artem could have done a Paso to the Superman theme.

Kristina is having a hard time with a Daily Mail article for her 'too sexy Rhumba, her flimsy costume and the series of lewd poses displayed on a family show'. According to the articles writer, Kristina was punished by the public by a low vote and place in the dance-off. Lots of twitter support for Kristina and Simon.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm

B4p wrote:According to the online Mail, O la is reported to have said 'I don't know if I'll come back'

James is in trouble again for comments about Mark's routine. Basically he says Marks a nice bloke but can't dance. He picks holes in Mark's Paso technique but it's not clear if he's having a dig at Mark's ability, Karen's choreography or the Production team. 'They made his dance comedy tonight'. He's too good for comedy. Makes a mockery of ballroom and latin.

In fairness to Mark, I don't think even Artem could have done a Paso to the Superman theme.

Kristina is having a hard time with a Daily Mail article for her 'too sexy Rhumba, her flimsy costume and the series of lewd poses displayed on a family show'. According to the articles writer, Kristina was punished by the public by a low vote and place in the dance-off. Lots of twitter support for Kristina and Simon.

James seems as bad as Daily Mail, and that's saying something. He should not take a swipe at Mark like this. He knows too well Mark may be a natural mover but he isn't that good a dancer (yet), and with a Superman theme foisted upon him and Karen (the choreographer), there is only this much you can do (you know, polishing excrement, and all that jazz). Daily Mail is just creating a mountain out of a mole hill, no make it's ant's hill.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:24 pm

If its not the Daily Mail it would be The Sun ( No ) The Star ( Rolling Eyes ) or any other daily paper save for The Saturn Rings From Saturn!
Someone once said any publicity is good it gets you in the limelight for free! Save of course if your a mass murderer.James needs to be controversial so it keeps him fresh in the public eye and tv/radio scouts .I wonder as O.la looked peaky again if a lil Junior Jordan is expected?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Pro Dancers Slot Empty Pro Dancers Slot

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:I'd bring Brian Fortuna back.  Never could see why they dropped him.

The two I would really like to see again though, are Vincent and Flavia.  As I understand it it was their choice to go as they had a lot of other things on and felt it was time to give Strictly a break, so I have hopes that they might come back, one day.

Brian was brilliant at the New York style Salsa and always remember that he and Kristina did a couple of good pro displays including I think a mambo. I thought it was a shame that he got dropped but I remember it was when they had a bit of 'wholesale' clearout and when A rtem and R obin etc appeared.

I would definitely love V incent and F lavia to come back - they've not burned their bridges with the show so I might not be beyond the realms of possibility that having taken a season or two off they might come back for one last time - really hope so.

Sax - I agree what you are saying about J ames - the couple obviously want to keep their 'currency' up - hence O la remaining in the Show, but in the absence of any back-up touring show, like some of the others have, J ames is obviously trying to extend the 15 minutes of fame for as long as possible.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I would definitely love V incent and F lavia to come back - they've not burned their bridges with the show so I might not be beyond the realms of possibility that having taken a season or two off they might come back for one last time -  really hope so.
Vin cent said they hadn't been invited back last season. It's a shame they didn't get them on over the past 3 weeks as they're just about to start their London show which runs until the new year. I doubt they'd be able to fit anything in now, unless it's a special recording like CIN
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:I'd bring Brian Fortuna back.  Never could see why they dropped him.  And Matthew Cutler.  A couple of years ago I'd have said Ian, but now he seems to have carved out a place for himself on ITT and I rather like that, so I miss him less.  Of the women I'd like to see Camilla back, but I don't imagine thats ever going to happen.

Artem and Robin I'm "meh" about.  Lovely guys both of them, but I don't go for that body builder look for latin and ballroom, and I didn't always care for their choreography.

The two I would really like to see again though, are Vincent and Flavia.  As I understand it it was their choice to go as they had a lot of other things on and felt it was time to give Strictly a break, so I have hopes that they might come back, one day.

Oh Tina, I HATE to disagree with anything you say Sad . But I really couldn't abide Brian Fortuna. He had a sinister thing going on for me in the same way Trent has - only slightly different. More Chucky maybe....? I found him intensely creepy and was so pleased he didn't return.

And I loved Artem - a great choreographer and very charistmatic and enigmatic (eh, Hatlady?) Miss him oodles.

Robin is lovely, and very good with the celebs somewhat lacking in confidence. As other's have said, if Jennifer had been with Robin she may well have stayed a little longer and progressed in her abilities. However, I find I'm not actually missing him for himself.

I think Vincent and Flavia have done with SCD. If at a loose end I have no doubt they would do a dance from their show to promote it, but I don't forsee the being at a loose end any time soon... I miss them though. Amazing teachers, amazing performers and amazing choreographers.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum