Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Dancers Slot

+9
hatlady28
Sid
diamondsandpearls
Tina Sparkle
cellar-door
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
13 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 4 Empty Re: Pro Dancers Slot

Post  Sid Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:21 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Wish to say that I like Kevin much better this year.  It could be because he has a much nicer partner in Frankie.  I kept trying to be fair to Susanna but thinking of her alongside Frankie, Caroline, Judy, Sunetra, even Pixie.  Susanna was a poisonous madam.  Apologies to all that would still support her.

lol!

HL you make me laugh sometimes with the way you just blurt these things out! Are you feeling better by the way?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 pm

It has not been a great week BJT sense of humour is still intact!
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:18 am

hatlady28 wrote:It has not been a great week BJT sense of humour is still intact!

Long may it reign HL king I now have this image of Suzanna as a Venus Fly Trap alongside Iveta as a praying mantis cyclops
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Congratulations to Pasha! For the pro dancers, a win is important for their cvs. One cheers and gets excited with the celebrity BUT it is the pro dancer who will really treasure the win.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes I agree HL - Pasha has to rank amongst one of the best choreographers on the show and having come close to the Glitterball twice before it was good to see him lift it tonight! I would like to commend Kristina however - as a choreographer and a teacher she is one of the finest - some of the others could learn a lot from these two!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Agree. Shame Pasha & Kristina couldn't win dancing together
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:57 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I agree HL - Pasha has to rank amongst one of the best choreographers on the show and having come close to the Glitterball twice before it was good to see him lift it tonight!    I would like to commend Kristina however - as a choreographer and a teacher she is one of the finest - some of the others could learn a lot from these two!!!    

Yes I love the way Kristina can really polish a turd (pardon the pun and no offence to Simon at all). Simon was way off the pace when he started out and it took time for him to hone his skills but under her tuition he turned into a gem from nowhere. She did a similar job (to a lesser degree) a few years ago with Michael Vaughan and similarly (like Simon) she turned him into one of the best ballroom dancers of the series.

As for Pasha yes his choreography is second to none and he doesn't come across as pushy or anything in training unlike some others. Well done to him for finally getting his hands on the glitter ball trophy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:55 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Yes I love the way Kristina can really polish a turd (pardon the pun and no offence to Simon at all). Simon was way off the pace when he started out and it took time for him to hone his skills but under her tuition he turned into a gem from nowhere. She did a similar job (to a lesser degree) a few years ago with Michael Vaughan and similarly (like Simon) she turned him into one of the best ballroom dancers of the series.

As for Pasha yes his choreography is second to none and he doesn't come across as pushy or anything in training unlike some others. Well done to him for finally getting his hands on the glitter ball trophy.

I wanted Simon and Kristina to win as much for her sake as Simon's (which Simon also said). She has worked her socks off over the years getting the absolute best out people who started off as unlikely dancers. The only really good one she had from the off was Jason Donovan. I really felt she deserved the glitterball as I don't think anyone else has worked quite so hard for the show and for their contestants. It feels like always the bridesmaid and never the bride for her. So whilst Pasha did well, I don't think he had to work so hard with Caroline as Kristina did with Simon. And he hasn't served so much time as she has. I do feel she deserved the glitterball on this occasion because she really did wonders with Simon.

Still, in my eyes they were the winners, no matter what the general public, or indeed, the judges say. And I know best..... ;-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:15 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:  So whilst Pasha did well, I don't think he had to work so hard with Caroline as Kristina did with Simon.  And he hasn't served so much time as she has.  I do feel she deserved the glitterball on this occasion because she really did wonders with Simon.
I agree diamonds. Simon's 'trip' was the essence of Strictly for me. The Teflon Kid who never gave up. There's no doubt that Kristina couldn't have given one ounce more, she looked absolutely drained. I liked what L en said about the other celebs having to climb hills whilst Simon had climbed mountains.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 4 Empty Pro Line-up for 2015

Post  B4p Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 am

16 Pro dancers -  one extra on past seasons, suggesting there will be 16 famous faces competing for the Glitterball.

3 new dancers:
Russian-born Dancing With The Stars favourite Gleb Savchenko, (male)
2012 Italian champion Giovanni Pernice, (male)
South African Otlile Mabuse, (female)

Male Pros:
Aljaž Škorjanec,
Pasha Kovalev,
An ton Du Beke,
Brendan Cole,
Kevin Clifton,
Tristan MacManus.

Female Pros:
O la Jordan,
Aliona Vilani,
Janette Manrara,
Joanne Clifton,
Karen Hauer,
Kristina Rihanoff,
Natalie Lowe.

Executive producer Lousie Rainbow commented:
"Iveta Lukosiute has been with us for three series and we would like to thank her for her wonderful contribution to the show and wish her the very best for the future.

"And huge thanks also to Trent Whiddon who danced so beautifully with Pixie last year.”

no mention of Robin's 5 year contribution.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Thought O.la had gone of her own accord? Sad re Robin and no mention of his service? Good to see Aliona in but Neutral re I've ta gone.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:43 pm

cheers Robin's birthday yesterday. drunken

cheers Gleb's birthday today drunken
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Ooh Happy Birthday both
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:50 am

Two new Pro dancers?

The Two Ronnies ballroom dancing https://youtu.be/7GRJru-zz7E
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Well. Three new Pro Dancers for the 2016 series announced.

From the BBC site:

'We're dusting off our dancing shoes to reveal our professional dancer line up for 2016 which includes three brand new dancers alongside the return of viewers’ favourites.

New to the fold are world-class Latin and Ballroom dance experts - World Champion Katya Jones, Ukrainian Champion Oksana Platero and top Spanish dance professional Gorka Marquez.

Returning to the Strictly dance floor are our male dancers, Housewives choice du Beke, Brendan Cole, Kevin Clifton, Pasha Kovalev, Aljaž Škorjanec, Giovanni Pernice; and fabulous female dancers are Karen Clifton, Natalie Lowe, Joanne Clifton, Janette Manrara and Oti Mabuse.

Strictly extends its thanks to Tristan MacManus and also to Aliona Vilani, Kristina Rihanoff, put a vest on you strumpet Jordan who announced at the end of last series that they wouldn’t be returning to the show, and finally to Gleb Savchenko who has decided that due to family commitments he will not be appearing in the next series.

Gleb said: “I thoroughly enjoyed taking part on the last series of Strictly Come Dancing and especially the way that the UK gave me such a warm welcome but due to family commitments I won't be returning to the show for the next series - I'll definitely be tuning in though.”

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 pm

In summary 2016 Pro Dancers according to the Beeb site:

Males:
An ton du Beke
Brendan Cole
Kevin Clifton
Pasha Kovalev
Alijaz Skorjanec
Giovanni Pernice
Gorka Marquez

Females:
Karen Clifton
Natalie Lowe
Joanne Clifton
Janette Manrara
Oti Mabuse
Katya Jones
Oksana Platero
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Ooh I wonder if another Gleb look a like with new dancers. Google see Giovanni back and I bet A.non gets the usual I'm here to prove a point for mature ladies celeb! Hope Pasha gets a good celeb this year and Janette.

Read about Aliona bored and wanting choreography role or be stand in for injury this year.....
Hope we get a Rugby player this year how about Mike Tindell or Ali McCoist? ..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm hoping Natalie gets a good partner this season. She's such a great all rounder and so gracious with all her partners.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Three more (BRITISH) Pro dancers announced 26 July copied from the Beeb site

Today we can exclusively reveal three more professional dancers will be joining the show! The all-British dancers include World Champion Neil Jones and British and European Youth Latin and Ballroom Champions, AJ Pritchard and Chloe Hewitt, who will be the youngest ever professional dancers to appear on Strictly Come Dancing!

Professional dancers announced for the new series are:

Aljaz Skorjanec,
An ton Du Beke,
Bren dan Cole,
Pasha Kovalev,
Kevin Clifton,
Gorka Marquez,
Giovanni Pernice,
Neil Jones
A J Pritchard

Karen Clifton,
Joanne Clifton,
Katya Jones,
Janette Manrara,
Natalie Lowe,
Oti Mabuse  
Oksana Platero
Chloe Hewitt

So does that mean more celebrities or are some just going to be in the Pro show dances?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:39 pm

According to the Dark Side,  affraid Pro dancer rehearsals start next monday. bounce
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35 am

Not seen the dancers! I'd heard Aliona may be a group dancer only. She's bored in retirement
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:28 pm

All on the BBC site sax
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:41 am

clown Happy birthday to Otile clown
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:00 am

They've said two of the new pros won't be getting partners (Neil and Katya, according to an apparently reliable source) which begs the question why bother introducing us to them in the first place? Just let them carry on in the background, doing group pro dances, like before!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:40 pm

That's interesting sid. I know they both did some choreography for some of the Pro dances last year. They also seem to be in and out of the country teaching and on the competitive circuit.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum