Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Dancers Slot

+9
hatlady28
Sid
diamondsandpearls
Tina Sparkle
cellar-door
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
13 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 7 Empty Re: Pro Dancers Slot

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm

The press are now throwing up reports of An.ton also being for the chop. I sincerely hope not. I doubt that is true either as surely he would have been told at the same time as Brendan.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 pm

I wouldn't dismiss anything at the moment............but as you say CC - they surely would have told A nton at a similar time. Perhaps he has been warned not to say anything out of turn about the B rendan situation???? I saw an article which said that Karen Clifton's future is in doubt, because of 'confrontational behaviour' - now that is someone for whom I would not shed too many tears, to be honest.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I wouldn't dismiss anything at the moment............but as you say CC - they surely would have told A nton at a similar time.  Perhaps he has been warned not to say anything out of turn about the B rendan situation????    I saw an article which said that Karen Clifton's future is in doubt, because of 'confrontational behaviour' - now that is someone for whom I would not shed too many tears, to be honest.

Yes I'd presume those being axed all get told at the same time and those remaining get told at the same time. Otherwise it leaves the show open to two slices of uproar rather than one if B.rendan and An.ton got told at the same time.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:41 pm

I think the BeeB will realise leave it a year until they let A.non go.... We need different ages of pro dancers as we do have different ages of celebs/z rated reality stars...
It's odd thou we have not one mature Pro Female dancer? Why?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:11 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I think the BeeB will realise leave it a year until they let A.non go.... We need different ages of pro dancers as we do have different ages of celebs/z rated reality stars...
It's odd thou we have not one mature Pro Female dancer? Why?

I hope not. An.ton (to me) is unique. He nearly always gets lumbered with a dead duck as a partner but takes it all in such good humour. And when he gets criticised he makes a joke out of it bringing humour to what could be a tense or fiery exchange. I hope he is around for a lot longer. As you say saxonsiren older pro dancers are needed anyway to dance to the correct pace for the older celebrities.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi CC I'd hate to lose An.ton his such a gem to watch and he revels in each new partners character and takes all criticism with a smile and a joke... His never looked as if saddled with a dead horse or complained about the celeb partner.
Just lots of rumours flying re who's going etc on twitteretti and Faceache
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Hi CC I'd hate to lose An.ton his such a gem to watch and he revels in each new partners character and takes all criticism with a smile and a joke... His never looked as if saddled with a dead horse or complained about the celeb partner.
Just lots of rumours flying re who's going etc on twitteretti and Faceache

Yes and An.ton was on Breakfast TV the other day where he was asked about it and Brend.an's exit. He was unsure of his future but I am pretty sure if he were for the chop I am sure he would have got the bad news at the same time as Bren.dan.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:11 pm

I'd hate to lose A nton for all the reasons that you have both mentioned - Sax and CC - and particularly now that B rendan is no more. I always thought that B rendan would last longer than A nton - it just shows doesn't it? I don't always enjoy what A nton does but I did enjoy a lot of the stuff he did with R uth this year, particularly the samba and that paso! I also think that a lot of what he did with Katie Derham was a bit underrated even though they did fight their way through to the final. I think that I have said on here before that I have seen A nton and E rin's live shows a few times over the years and they are superb together - real all round entertainers.

I think we do need dancers that have a character on the show - it's what makes it fun, I really don't want to see a lot of male clones who think they are Adonis!!! and moreover, not over talented choreographers either. Surely the producers would not be stupid enough to drop A nton this year - I think it is more likely to happen next year as you say Sax, but perhaps he should think about getting out at the end of this season before he is pushed.............just a thought.........who knows?

I think you make a great point about more mature female dancers being on the show - the trouble is, I think most of the really good female pros have left the show of their own accord over the years, for marriage/babies etc and then they end up not coming back.........shame. I know that SCD likes to think of itself as inclusive so I'm surprised they've not thought of this - and d'you know who I think would make a great mature female pro...........Shirley!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 am

To the above comments, which I mainly agree with, can I add: Gymnasics and synchronised weight lifting, neither of which has any real place in dance, and silliness via social media, rumour mongering and too much revelation of what should be privacy, have all ruined a programme that should be about dance. Instead, it's become a sort of Roman arena games where the audience rule and contestants are judged on soap-opera popularity instead of dance skills. In terms of strict dance, Fred Astaire's career spanned 76 years; A nton D,B is a young man by comparison. The likes of Rita Heyworth, primarily a film star, could act, sing, dance and do them all with great skill as could many others of either sex, Gene Kelly, Eleanor Powell, Ginger Rogers, Danny Kay, George Raft, Mickey Rooney etc Today, they are all experts at taking selfies and talking twaddle on twitter sites etc. I don't remember Fred Astaire doing a Dirty Dancing,"ready steady go" lift, or Ginger Rogers ever doing, or needing to do, the splits? If anything is wrong with it all, it's the spoilt dancers and not the dance that are the problem.

Okay. that'll do for now...lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

I can relate to that Mr T. It's a Gladiator Arena at times re baying etc I almost expect Thumbs down from C.raig and couple dragged off or they fall through the trap doors.. Shocked

Dance I know has evolved and we have new fusion music and steps. Would our Fred & Ginger in modern times have adjusted? We cannot say yet their influence remains consistent. ..

Maybe the eejits oops mean directors of the show will think and go for basic Latin dance and a ballroom for each couple in the first 2 weeks. Stop the madness of 4 different dances, A Paso, Jive, Tango in week 2 when the couples are unsure of left,right, toe lead,heel etc without fretting about Cape shapes, flicking,kicking and not having basic steps.

Time to go back to basics please and week 6 onwards let's see the more demanding dances being performed. It's pie in the sky thoughts as BeeB never do it. I'm sure week 1 next year we will have Tango,Paso and Jive No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:11 am

Well it has now been confirmed which Pro dancers will have a celeb for 2018

Alijaz 6’
Graziano 5’ 11
An ton 5’ 11
Pasha 5’ 10
Giovanni 5’ 10
Kevin 5’ 8
Gorka 5’ 7
AJ 5’ 7

Nadiya 5’ 8
Amy 5’ 6
Karen 5’ 5
Katya 5’ 5
Oti 5’ 4
Dianne 5’ 3
Janette 5’
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Now here's a rare pro spot for you all ...and how well something like this would go down... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6HUhshdXc

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Agree Tango. A refreshing change
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Now here's a rare pro spot for you all ...and how well something like this would go down... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6HUhshdXc

Oh wow - I went all spine-tingly and goose-bumpy! Riverdance meets Paso to a West Side Story reboot theme. Amazing - thanks for finding this Tango Smile
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 am

I just found this - it says it's a rumba and it has rumba moments, but it is utterly gorgeous and romantic and heartfelt, and nothing like Our Shirl's old-style sinuous, staccato twirl-fests. I usually think the rumba is a silly dance, but this is more like ballet in it's poetry and is a beautiful watch. The simplicity of the staging (no lights, no props, no gizmos) make the dance the total focus and I was mesmerised. The full-on orchestra and the choice of music played no small part . And Janette's dress was full-on gorgeousness and Aljaz looked elegant in plain black . And finally....you can't go wrong with the Albert Hall!

Feast your eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wagl2zLOs4
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:03 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:I just found this - it says it's a rumba and it has rumba moments, but it is utterly gorgeous and romantic and heartfelt, and nothing like Our Shirl's old-style sinuous, staccato twirl-fests.  I usually think the rumba is a silly dance, but this is more like ballet in it's poetry and is a beautiful watch.  The simplicity of the staging (no lights, no props, no gizmos) make the dance the total focus and I was mesmerised. The full-on orchestra and the choice of music played no small part .  And Janette's dress was full-on gorgeousness and Aljaz looked elegant in plain black . And finally....you can't go wrong with the Albert Hall!

Feast your eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wagl2zLOs4

Just superb. That is all that needs saying.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I remember seeing this at the time and being blown away...I might have even commented about it on here. It's one of the reasons that I'm going to see them on tour next year
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:37 pm

It's so simple isn't it, how to dance the perfect rumba with full romance, no fear of embarrassment, fully let yourself go, no gossip or rumours of in discretion... and Just live it........

Dance it with your wife.... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Well you learn something new every day. All this time watching Strictly Come Dancing and never knew that Alijaz and Janette are married.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well you learn something new every day. All this time watching Strictly Come Dancing and never knew that Alijaz and Janette are married.
Aw bless you CC- but it actually reinforces the fact that they don't splash it about in your face everywhere (although I do have a recollection of seeing their wedding being featured in a certain celeb magazine when I was at the supermarket checkout once)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 7 Empty Re:Pro Dancers Slot

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Yes I saw this when it was broadcast live - and it made me realize what a superb dancer Janette is - but not so hot on the teaching/choreography I'm afraid.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:28 pm

I forgot to say that it is worth seeing the whole show - it was really good - very different from SCD one of the best 'alternative' proms that they have done.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:30 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I forgot to say that it is worth seeing the whole show - it was really good - very different from SCD one of the best 'alternative' proms that they have done.
I second that- it was brilliant - I wish I’d known about it beforehand as I would have loved to have gone
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:53 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I forgot to say that it is worth seeing the whole show - it was really good - very different from SCD one of the best 'alternative' proms that they have done.

I didn't even know it existed until I came across this video - I must try and find some more!

Edit: Can;t find anything under 'alternative prom' apart from an electric prom and an Ibiza prom - what is it's official title?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 pm

It was just called 'The Strictly Prom' and I think it was two years ago.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum