Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro Dancers Slot

+9
hatlady28
Sid
diamondsandpearls
Tina Sparkle
cellar-door
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
13 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro Dancers Slot

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:45 pm

I guess least the omelette stays in shape? Maybe Scott a souffle starts to rise in readiness then whoosh flat as a pancake and its bye bye souffle??
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Hmm, last year Janette was paired with that Welsh camper and everyone thought she was an atrocious teacher and made her celeb partner look worse and he was.

This year with a contender Jake and POW! they are flying high at the moment.

So I reserve my judgement on Joanne. I think Scott is an equivalent to someone who's colour blind or tone deaf. He's completely lacking in feeling the rhythm and beats. During the launch show group dance training VT, when Scott was filmed trying to practise some very, very elementary moves, his hand-eye-feet coordination was 'disjoint', like they were controlled by different brains from different people. Very strange that.

Joanne's cha-cha was very basic and not much cha-cha content. I think she was criticised on youtube (comments section) for 'selling' Scott short. When they did the Samba full of content, people turned around and accused her of over-complicating the routine for Scott. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Joanne must be at her wits end with Scott.

And I am saying all these despite not warming to her as a pro at the moment (the way she speaks grates a little on me).
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:02 pm

I think you make some very good points here CD - and echo a lot of my thoughts on Joanne.

I didn't like Janette or her choreography last year (in fact I hoped she would not be back) but she is coming across very differently this time. To be fair to Joanne I think it must be really difficult to get such a challenging student as S cott on your first year and quite a few new pros do make mistakes on their first year, so I have learned my lesson and like you CD, I will reserve judgement on Joanne for the time being but I do find her style a bit full on and frenetic.

I also think that we should never assume that just because someone is young and fit that they will necessarily be a good dancer - look at Rachel Riley last year another example of someone who wasn't suited to it at all.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Very true CD.

That said, I rather warmed to Janette last year when we got to know her a little better on ITT after she was eliminated.

I'm not so sure Joanne's my cup of tea. Quite hyper and her ickle girly voice is a problem.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Sid wrote:Very true CD.

That said, I rather warmed to Janette last year when we got to know her a little better on ITT after she was eliminated.

I'm not so sure Joanne's my cup of tea. Quite hyper and her ickle girly voice is a problem.

Quite how Kevin could speak properly (and still retains the accent) while Joanne couldn't will always remain a mystery to me...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Agree with you Sid. Joanne doesn't really get what she is supposed to be doing......teaching is not the same as winning competitions. Putting your celeb forward, making them look good. Artem used to do lots of floor drops where he would be looking up at his partners. They were the focus.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Pro Dancers Slot - Page 3 Empty Re; Pro Dancers Slot

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

I think Joanne has a lot to learn - as many have before her - I see a great parallel between Janette last year and Joanne this year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I doubt Joanne could, or will, do much to impress anyway with Scott as a partner. I'll be the first to stick a hand up if I'm wrong, but I think he's just one of those unfortunate non-dance people. Tim just suffered from age but had an appeal because of his deadpan delivery ( I actually laughed aloud at his Groucho style Charlston ) but Scott is Meccano Man. Joanne's time may come later but not with this one I fear.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Trent got a bashing from L en re his choreography for Pixie. Wonder if he'll up his game next week?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:10 pm

I hope so B4P - Trent seems to have produced some very 'stylised' routines so far - that have been all about the look of it instead of guiding Pixie towards getting to grips with the real feel of ballroom and latin - another new pro who isn't quite on the right page I think - it has definitely enabled the likes of Jake and Frankie to steal a march on them.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Sid wrote:Very true CD.

Agree totally about Janette, Sid. I don't think she was really on my radar until she was on ITT after she was eliminated - and then I really warmed to her and wondered what I had missed. ..

I actually also agree with Cellar door about giving newbies a chance (despite my "you're fired comment) and that in Scott she has a herculean task&, ie nigh on impossible.  However, like you Sid, I find something about her gets on my wick (to quote someone we all know)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Vin cent & Fl avia, Kristina & Robin, Katya & Artem

A proper A Tango, to PROPER MUSIC (so there!)

https://youtu.be/1lwvox7IyEQ
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Halloween Pro Dance Paso 2010 to Muse Supermassive Blackhole
https://youtu.be/ZVHF2ep1JNM
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Looks like some of the SCD Pros have been filming today for a Celebrity Pointless show including Camilla and Lillia Kopilova. I shall be watching that one.

Last edited by B4p on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Sometime shortly ( this month) there's a super, televised dance show coming up with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman Goodman. Only caught the end of an ad but I'll be looking out for it. Anybody know about it?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 pm

I think its called The History of Dance and will be shown monday 17th November around 9pm. The advert about it has been on over the past couple of nights. There's a couple of comments on the Strictly Anything Else TV thread.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Noticed the Pros are doing a Jive this weekend, the men dressed in uniform and the women dressed as factory workers. Sounded like Christina Aguilera's version of 'Candy Man' playing in the background.

I like the song, the Jive and the concept, but I've seen that routine to that music, with those same costumes at least 4 times over the last few years, (on SCD and the various shows) and was hoping for something fresh.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 pm

B4p wrote:Noticed the Pros are doing a Jive this weekend, the men dressed in uniform and the women dressed as factory workers. Sounded like Christina Aguilera's version of 'Candy Man' playing in the background.

I like the song, the Jive and the concept, but I've seen that routine to that music, with those same costumes at least 4 times over the last few years, (on SCD and the various shows) and was hoping for something fresh.

It's probably going to be a Medley of songs. Well, I hope, anyway...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:46 pm

B4p wrote:I think its called The History of Dance and will be shown monday 17th November around 9pm. The advert about it has been on over the past couple of nights. There's a couple of comments on the Strictly Anything Else TV thread.

Thanks B4p, I'll be tuned in. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:55 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Sometime shortly ( this month) there's a super, televised dance show coming up with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman Goodman. Only caught the end of an ad but I'll be looking out for it. Anybody know about it?  
Adverts just been on again

Monday 17 Nov BBC4 9pm
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am

Why BBC4?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 am

saxonsiren wrote:Why BBC4?
At least with iPlayer we'll be able to catch up or see it again if we miss it. Looking forward to that.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:08 pm

What do folks think of O la turning brunette? I didn't recognise her behind Claudia tonight
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Wish to say that I like Kevin much better this year. It could be because he has a much nicer partner in Frankie. I kept trying to be fair to Susanna but thinking of her alongside Frankie, Caroline, Judy, Sunetra, even Pixie. Susanna was a poisonous madam. Apologies to all that would still support her.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:38 pm

I like Kevin too. He seems a decent hardworking upbeat Pro
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content